Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:52:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Not all cops are bad"  (Read 2254 times)
awesome31312 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:08:22 PM

If the statement "not all cops are bad" is really true,

Why did they stand by, watching and doing nothing, as their peer officer was raping a child?

"A federal civil lawsuit filed with Texas Southern District Court back in May accused [Erasmo] Mata of assaulting the minor five times, on five separate occasions, all while on duty.  The suit alleges that the attacks took place in abandoned houses around the city as other Pharr police officers stood by and watched."

Oh, but it does not end there!

"The lawsuit also accused the department of engaging in a cover-up to protect the officers from criminal charges, as well as not conducting a rape kit or immediately testing the evidence."

That's right, they not only stood by and watched a child getting raped, they tried to cover up their fellow officer's tracks.

If I did this with my friends, I'd be locked up in minutes.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry."
~Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
~Thomas Jefferson (Attribution often denied by liberals)

Original source

Alternative sources for those who claim TheFreeThoughtProject is biased:

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=1115381#.VFEC2I-HbFY
https://www.google.com/search?q=Erasmo+Mata,+Jr&num=100&client=ubuntu&hs=1gW&channel=fs&source=univ&tbm=nws&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=qwJRVKDFBeae7gbV6IHoBA&ved=0CCMQsQQ&biw=1193&bih=615

Account recovered 08-12-2019
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
My Name Was Taken

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:34:42 PM

Why did they stand by, watching and doing nothing, as their peer officer was raping a child?

"A federal civil lawsuit filed with Texas Southern District Court back in May accused [Erasmo] Mata of assaulting the minor five times, on five separate occasions, all while on duty.  The suit alleges that the attacks took place in abandoned houses around the city as other Pharr police officers stood by and watched."

Oh, but it does not end there!

"The lawsuit also accused the department of engaging in a cover-up to protect the officers from criminal charges, as well as not conducting a rape kit or immediately testing the evidence."

That's right, they not only stood by and watched a child getting raped, they tried to cover up their fellow officer's tracks.

If I did this with my friends, I'd be locked up in minutes.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry."
~Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
~Thomas Jefferson (Attribution often denied by liberals)

Original source

Alternative sources for those who claim TheFreeThoughtProject is biased:

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=1115381#.VFEC2I-HbFY
https://www.google.com/search?q=Erasmo+Mata,+Jr&num=100&client=ubuntu&hs=1gW&channel=fs&source=univ&tbm=nws&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=qwJRVKDFBeae7gbV6IHoBA&ved=0CCMQsQQ&biw=1193&bih=615

I'm not one to defend cops in most cases, but your premise is flawed.

If all cops stood by, watching and doing nothing, I'd tend to agree with your assessment that this circumstance warrants the judgement that all cops are bad. But all cops were not standing by and watching while doing nothing, so your conclusion that this situation is proof that all cops are bad doesn't hold.

Also, you've quoted allegations from a lawsuit, which is one biased side of the story. Better to wait to hold it up as fact until the court has entered a finding as such.
My Name Was Taken

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:50:20 PM

it's not a premise, it's a headline and an opening statement, and it was very effective.

It's a premise if you draw or infer a conclusion from it. Takes away from the argument imo. He's inferring all cops are bad because this cop raped a kid. Now instead of focusing on a group of bad cops, you're inviting responses arguing against the premise that all cops are bad. It's not enough to find a case of clear wrongdoing and to seek to hold those accountable. Nope, gotta over-generalize and make sweeping statements that have no basis and take away from a legitimate point, because you're revealing yourself as too biased to be reasonable.

These kinds of statements hurt the cause of reigning in police powers and abuse.
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:12:39 PM

it's not a premise, it's a headline and an opening statement, and it was very effective.

Thank you!!

That's the only positive comment I've heard on any of my posts (Cop related) here

My Name Was Taken

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:26:10 PM

Thank you!!

That's the only positive comment I've heard on any of my posts (Cop related) here

Maybe it's because you post things like 'this cop did a horrible thing, so it proves all cops are terrible people.' You're going to get push back on that, as you should. Keep it to the specifics of the case, and don't over generalize, and you will find a lot more support. Your biggest supporters are likely to be libertarians, of which I am one, but they're not going to support reckless statements. We have enough trouble being taken seriously as it is without helping to spread ideas that paint us as unreasonable.

This double standard with cops has to end, where they have a different justice system and different/no consequences for breaking the laws compared to regular citizens. But no one is going to listen to that message if you come off as someone who just hates all cops because they're cops. The way you present information is as important as, if not more than, the actual information itself.

I want to be on your side. Just help me get there.
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:34:06 PM

you post things like 'this cop did a horrible thing, so it proves all cops are terrible people.'

Wrong, I never said "all cops are terrible people"

My Name Was Taken

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:44:49 PM

you post things like 'this cop did a horrible thing, so it proves all cops are terrible people.'

Wrong, I never said "all cops are terrible people"

Look at your statement:

'If the statement that not all cops are bad is true, then why did they stand by and watch as a child was raped?' You're implying that the statement "not all cops are bad" is not true. That implication is the same as saying it.
My Name Was Taken

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:46:15 PM

Thank you!!

Maybe it's because you post things like 'this cop did a horrible thing, so it proves all cops are terrible people.' You're going to get push back on that, as you should. Keep it to the specifics of the case, and don't over generalize, and you will find a lot more support. Your biggest supporters are likely to be libertarians, of which I am one, but they're not going to support reckless statements. We have enough trouble being taken seriously as it is without helping to spread ideas that paint us as unreasonable.

This double standard with cops has to end, where they have a different justice system and different/no consequences for breaking the laws compared to regular citizens. But no one is going to listen to that message if you come off as someone who just hates all cops because they're cops. The way you present information is as important as, if not more than, the actual information itself.

I want to be on your side. Just help me get there.

Amazing, you are telling him to 'be free', and  'shut up' at the same time.  Worse than that you are also telling him 'we have a club over here filled with people just like you, but they are very different, if you want in you must change'.   Then you cap that off with the mention of a "double standard that must end".  Shocked

No, I'm telling him not to wonder why he doesn't find support when he posts something in a stupid way. There's a reason most people don't take you seriously when you say "all cops are thugs and bad guys" and it's because you don't deserve to be taken seriously.

My point about the double standard would be in agreement with the spirit of his post, just not the way it's presented.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 10:58:50 PM

"A federal civil lawsuit filed with Texas Southern District Court back in May accused [Erasmo] Mata of assaulting the minor five times, on five separate occasions, all while on duty.  The suit alleges that the attacks took place in abandoned houses around the city as other Pharr police ....
First thing that occurs to me, you want to talk about Pharr, TX?  Really?  REALLY?

Then you have to ask what those cops do when the Mexican gang is running some goods down the street.

See no evil hear no evil.

That's what you got.

Long, long history of corruption in that area.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:58:18 AM

If all cops stood by, watching and doing nothing, I'd tend to agree with your assessment that this circumstance warrants the judgement that all cops are bad. But all cops were not standing by and watching while doing nothing, so your conclusion that this situation is proof that all cops are bad doesn't hold.

Yes. Let's say it clearly like it should be said. The word "all" is a powerful, little word. The fact is, NOT all cops are bad. There's, like, a literal two or three across the whole nation that would have stepped in and stopped such action, if they had been there. And there are probably another literal five or six that would have reported it and backed their report up. So you see? Not all cops are bad.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Nabilo

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:15:13 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 10:39:31 AM by Nabilo

If the statement "not all cops are bad" is really true
It's the same statement as «not all people are bad»

that's true not all cops are not bad, maybe is the only reason for which you get some again. your right.  

there is somewhere where it's cited that: "every citizen is considered equal to a police officer, other wise why the punishment for the (Duty to rescue)."

it's very paradoxical and nuanced.

the real problem is: the more confusion, the greater evil is greet.
this is same as when you want to made a computer program, you must apply in order to have the best result, to have a program  with on risks that a bugs occurs.
Now imagine that you take all the parts of your program and you dispose theme anyhow. (Even the strongest would have many hard to fix the problem)
The paradox is here, 'to more confusion, to more we should have hard to keep the system healthy
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 09:04:40 AM

The police are there to serve as armed mercenaries to secure private property, which automatically makes them more favorable for the rich, which is class warfare.

Nabilo

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:35:31 PM

The police are there to serve as armed mercenaries to secure private property, which automatically makes them more favorable for the rich, which is class warfare.

there is why you must supplant them in their game.
My Name Was Taken

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 12:46:38 AM

This same system would exist without the state, it's just the 'armed mercenaries' would be run for profit by a private company instead of the state.
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 09:37:40 AM

This same system would exist without the state, it's just the 'armed mercenaries' would be run for profit by a private company instead of the state.

They are already run for profit. Driver's license checkpoints exist for the sole purpose of revenue generating. Not to mention the billions raked in thanks to the drug war. The drug war is the best thing that ever happened to the 1%, it created jobs for them

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 10:01:40 AM

Police are individuals with their own thoughts and ideals.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 10:51:05 AM

Yet they claim to honor an oath to uphold the constitution

Funny how that works

Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 11:19:23 AM

http://rt.com/usa/201059-utah-police-kill-black-anime/

A young black man in Utah was shot six times and killed by police responding to a 911 call. The man was wearing a Japanese anime costume and carried a gift-shop samurai sword.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 12:10:36 PM

Funny how that works

Anyone can claim anything.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 12:30:46 PM

I've heard it said that there is far more chance that you will be killed by a cop than by a foreign terrorist.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 02:14:35 PM

Funny how that works

But not everyone is revered for their claims

ScryptAsic

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

GainerCoin.com 🔥 Masternode coin 🔥

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 02:48:29 AM

Funny how that works

This works both ways. They claim to uphold the law (generally only higher ranking officials swear to uphold the constitution), but it is also possible that others can claim the police violated their rights.

All police officers must swear to uphold the law, but there is really not a very good vetting process for potential officers so we will see a lot of bad officers. Plus the fact that police officers are given a lot of perverse incentives to make additional arrests and charge citizens with additional crimes that may not hold up in court.

ChiliPowder

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 04:27:53 AM

The only people I have really heard say that are people who have some ties with cops.

"Not all cops are bad my boyfriend has been a cop for 8 years and he is great"

awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 02:13:18 PM

The only people I have really heard say that are people who have some ties with cops.

"Not all cops are bad my boyfriend has been a cop for 8 years and he is great"

Association fallacy

DhaniBoy

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:38:53 AM

Police are also human beings, who need a rule or law that the duty and authority of the police is not out of the corridor, where a police officer working on a mistake that violates the law, of course, any such actions will be punished in accordance with the applicable laws of the country, with absence of legislation governing the duties and authority of the police, it is expected all that was done by the police can be run according to the rules ...  Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:27:47 PM

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/absolute-power-corrupts-absolutely.html

Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: