Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:11:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as a Retirement Account  (Read 22687 times)
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:09:33 AM

Every month, your employer transfers Bitcoins into a time-locked address that can't be transferred out before you reach retirement age.  You have the key to the address.  You can verify the transfer on the blockchain.

No middle-men.  No funny business.  No brokers with pyramid/eyeball shaped logos.  No "oops we went bankrupt and lost your retirement."  No bail-ins.  No raising the age of retirement.

Just Bitcoin.

I have a bitcoin wallet address which is exactly for this purpose. There isn't much in it but it i constantly keep adding to it whenever i earn some here and there. My aim is never to touch this until i retire. Hopefully this will be enough to live comfortably and take care of my family when that day comes.

I'm quite excited for what the value of bitcoin will be then.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aleth

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:32:00 AM

Yes, Bitcoin indeed is a great way for you to build to retire. Anyone with or without work outside can have this and retire early because of what can Bitcoin give as a source of income.
gharjas2517

Activity: 114

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:45:11 AM

It's a good idea, maybe some people are willing to accept it, but the future of Bitcoin is still full of uncertainty. When you retire, if your retirement account is full of Bitcoins, it's possible to become rich or worthless because of the disappearance of Bitcoins. Realization.
BigTeeths

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:16:20 AM

Every month, your employer transfers Bitcoins into a time-locked address that can't be transferred out before you reach retirement age.  You have the key to the address.  You can verify the transfer on the blockchain.

No middle-men.  No funny business.  No brokers with pyramid/eyeball shaped logos.  No "oops we went bankrupt and lost your retirement."  No bail-ins.  No raising the age of retirement.

Just Bitcoin.

That is still risky. Why not just do it by yourself? You can't assure that your employer that he don't have the key to your address. It would also be easy for him to make a fake a hack incident if he wants to. The best safe thing is to receive it first and then transfer it right away to an address that you will never touch.
Hirikama29

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:31:48 AM

It is a smart decision to use bictoin as your retirement property because the value of the bitcoin will increase faster than you send your retirement money to the bank for your old age.
Btcmicel

Activity: 177

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:06:35 AM

It is a smart decision to use bictoin as your retirement property because the value of the bitcoin will increase faster than you send your retirement money to the bank for your old age.

Retirement account is the most important in our life for us to be comportable when we get older. And for me it's much better if we invest it with assurance. Being a part of bitcoin is make our life better but nowadays it is not already proven that it's better to be a retirement account.
iv4n
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1170

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:42:29 AM

Retirement account is the most important in our life for us to be comportable when we get older. And for me it's much better if we invest it with assurance. Being a part of bitcoin is make our life better but nowadays it is not already proven that it's better to be a retirement account.

Retirement account is important as kids are, and grandkids. We spoke about saving in bitcoins for yourself, for them, and who ever started to collect and store bitcoins on a side for future use is in big plus now, this topics are from 4 years ago.
Bitcoin can provide financial stability in the future, in many topics we discussed about how much you need to have for future, it's only 1 bitcoin. 1 bitcoin can reach 1 million dollars one day, everything more than that is extra and makes financial future safer, but with 1 bitcoin you can have retirement one day, or you can give it to a kid that will be able to do a lot with that 1 btc one day.
Bitcoin is great investment for the future. In just couple years bitcoin price raised a lot, in next couple years to 10 years price can grow even more, that's why investing in bitcoin and saving them for future is great decision for anyone who dare to so it.

.dice9.win.░░░░▄▄█████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀████▄
░█████▀██▀█████
█████▀█████▀█████
█████▄█████▄█████
████▄▀▀█▀▀▄▄████
░████▄▀█▄█▀▄████
░░▀████▄▄████▀
░░░░▀▀█████▀▀
████
░░░░░░█████████

███████

░░░░▄▄█████▄▄░░█████
░░▄████▀▀████▄
░████▀░░░░▀████
████▄▄█▀█▄▄████
██░░███░░░███░░██
████▀▀█▄█▀▀████
░████▄░░░░▄████
░░▀████▄▄████▀
░░░░▀▀█████▀▀
         ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
     ▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄
   ▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
 ▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▄▀
▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░▄▀
 ▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
COIN FLIP
       ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀░█
█░░░▀▀▀▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░▀█▀░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
 ▀▀▄▄░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░▄▄▀▀
     ▀▀░░░░▀░░░░░░░▀
DICE
      ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄   ▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀░░░░▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
█░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░▄▀▀▀░█░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀█
█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█▀▀▀▄█░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█▀▀▀▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█
 ▀▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█
   ▀▄▄░░░░█░░░░░░░▄▄▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█
      ▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀░░░░░░░░▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀
TWO DICE
▄█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀ ░░░▄▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▄░░░░▀█▄
▄▀▀█▄▄▀▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░▀▄░░░▀▀▀▀▄▄█▀▀▄
▄█▀▀█▀▄ ░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░ ▀▄░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀█▄
▄▀░░░█░░░▀▄░░░░█░░░░░░░░░ █░░░░▄▀░░░█░░░▀▄
█░░▄▀░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░ ▀▄▄▀░░░░░░▀▄░░█
█░▄▀░░░░░▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄░░░░░▀▄░█
█▀░░▄▄▀▀▀░░ ░▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀ ░░░▀▀▀▄▄░░▀█
▀▄▀▀░░░░░░░   ░░▀▀▀▄░░▄▀▀▀░░      ░░░░▀▀▄▀

ETHEROLL
..PLAY NOW..
pamsugas

Activity: 1092
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:14:01 AM

I would say bitcoin is perfect for investing. we know bitcoin grew in 2009 the price was only 0.01 $, see now bitcoin is priced at $ 6k. maybe in 2022 bitcoin can reach 100k usd Smiley
AmandaCherry00

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:53:43 AM

What I'm wondering here is how to ensure that Bitcoin prices are always high.
papasunkoh88

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:03:50 AM

My advice: Do not depend on it. Specially for the older people, don't invest your retirement on btc.
well agree also for my own opinion ,,becuase like this moment almost cryptocurecy price are also decreased so that,if incase to need due to emmergency situation how could to say the that token to earned will be a good value dispite you know will be lower in the market due to some reason..
Nolimitz84

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:15:44 AM

At a comfortable old age, you need to buy a bitcoin right now. This is really an occasion to reflect on your future.Now I'm thinking about what to give to my niece on my birthday) And I was visited by the idea of buying bitcoin). She still does not understand what it is but when she grows up she will greatly thank me

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
PROJECT'S ACCELERATOR
&
INVESTMENT PLATFORM

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
Cobrak777

Activity: 224
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:58:57 AM

Invest some of your fiat in bitcoin, it still worth and you may get a lot of profit from it, the ones who are related to Bitcoins and have fame in the same field, should start such a program which would give everyone an opportunity to store their coins with them will you be able to live with peace and a clear conscience with your retirement full of crypto currency which won't be worth shit.
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:49:38 AM

That is good actually. But what would happen if yhe employee decided to resign his position? Or move to another company? What would happen to the account? What would happen to an untimely demise what would happen to the account? I think it's much better if the employee handles the account themselves.

yatogami

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

bvo.trybravo.com

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:58:18 AM

Just Bitcoin.
Things have definitely changed a lot since 2014 when this post was written.
It could be a nice idea, but only after the price of btc stabilizes so that there are no complaints like "oops, I just lost around 30% of my retirement savings because of yet another market crash".

Masongrae

Activity: 223
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:59:18 AM

I think many will like it if bitcoin is not volatile but because of its volatility many will not agree with it. Its hard to find out eventually that you don’t have money at all for your retirement or your expectation in your computation of your retirement was less than what is expected. Just my opinion anyway.

▬▬[  Imperium Platform  ] ▬▬   
▌Decentralized Crypto Exchange & Lending Platform▐
▬▬  PUBLIC SALE STARTS AUGUST 19th ▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Facebook| ▬▬
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:42:44 AM

This is an obvious act of IDIOCY Grin Why would your employer do such an irrational thing? Huh Huh It is a joke when I first heard it. Because if you will retire, there are a lot of tendencies to happen. Like: what if bitcoin that time already died? It is not impossible because there are a lot of new coins on the market nowadays. Also if that happens, how could you support yourself if your salary will go to that wallet? Grin This is funny thing you know.

Although you sound a bit rude, you write here the right things. This is a great risk both for the organization or the employer who is going on to pay the pension for the person and for the retired guy as well.
Looden

Activity: 168
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:50:57 AM

Still way to viable for me to consider it a part of my retirement investment portfolio, more power to you if you press it home and are successful but right now this method a risky.
Riddikulo

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:12:09 PM

Should not, because their prices are constantly fluctuating, until you retired perhaps the BTC is just a pile of debris, no longer worth to sell so you will lose everything.
For the short term I admit that it will be risky due to fluctuations, but for the long term, I don't think so. the development of bitcoin shows a positive thing many people around the world are interested in using bitcoin and that is the key to the future growth of bitcoin prices that will make you profitable..

This is true but you did not think about one thing. How old are people that get their pension? Retired people are over 65. Most of them are very conservative, and it will be almost not possible to convince them dealing with BTC, not fiat.
dulinivanrus

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 03:09:04 PM

By the way, this is a very interesting opinion ! People who are afraid to take risks can just buy bitcoin at 2% of the salary and it can bear fruit !

✦ ZOPTAX ✦
❝ Disrupting VOIP with Blockchain ❞
jambul_kribo

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:15:40 PM

Should not, because their prices are constantly fluctuating, until you retired perhaps the BTC is just a pile of debris, no longer worth to sell so you will lose everything.
For the short term I admit that it will be risky due to fluctuations, but for the long term, I don't think so. the development of bitcoin shows a positive thing many people around the world are interested in using bitcoin and that is the key to the future growth of bitcoin prices that will make you profitable..

This is true but you did not think about one thing. How old are people that get their pension? Retired people are over 65. Most of them are very conservative, and it will be almost not possible to convince them dealing with BTC, not fiat.
that wrong opinion i think.althoug more 65 years old, they still can use bitcoin as retirement asset.if not for them, it can used for their children or grandchild

▄▄▄ ▄▄  ███▄████▄ ▄▄▄
████████▄███████████
▄█
██████████████████▄███
▀█████████████████████▀
██████████████████
██████████████
███████████
▐███████████████████▌
███████████████████
▐█████████████████▌
███████▀▄▀███████
▐██████▄▀▀██████▌
▀▀███████████▀▀
                          ███
                         ▀▀▀
                    ███▄▀
                   ▄
▀▀▀
             ▄███▄▀      ████
       ▄███▄▀ ▀▀▀        ████
  ███▄▀ ▀▀▀        █████ ████
  ▀▀▀              █████ ████
             █████ ████ ████
       █████ ████ ████ ████
 ████ ████ ████ ████ ████
 ████ ████ ████ ████ ████
███████████████████████████████
VALUE INCREASES
    NEVER DECREASES
THE WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL
STORE OF VALUE CURRENCY

|     Twitter     |   Facebook  |  Instagram  |   Telegram  |    Discord    |
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████     ███████████
BUY NOW

███████████     ████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: