Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:53:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas Hold'em and Omaha/Omaha8 Poker Room - NL, Limit, Potlimit games  (Read 88118 times)
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 10:40:38 AM

One thing we can agree on is that shit is hitting the fan every day nowadays and it's not hard to see why from where I'm standing. You call it "lawyering asshattery", I call logical thinking. Based on that, I was not in the wrong from any angle. You can't just change a right from wrong no matter how much "asshattery" there is. Neither I nor the admin can change the facts. Just because you think it's "lawyering asshattery" or "annoyingly slow" doesn't mean you can just bend the existing system way you want to abuse it. And certainly not by creating lies to justify making an undeserved threat. That is the true "asshattery" you are talking about. Not what I'm trying to do.

Fact is that the recent debacles speak for themselves.

all references to asshattery and donkeytesticles were only and ONLY made regarding use of the clock. everything else, as stated before, I really cannot opine on unless

a) chatlogs are posted
b) the trajectory of shit via fan is towards me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Trayber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 12:22:07 PM

You're lucky the owner was so kind to even give you a warning and tell you not to do it again. Now he was out of line to threaten to confiscate your balance but you must have got him heated with all the complaints about your stalling. He should simply tell you are no longer welcome to play at the site anymore and tell you to give him an address to withdrawl your remaining balance to. The time system is there in place for the occasional times you are involved in a big hand and may need extra time in deciding your actions not to abuse it every single hand to piss off other players to try to drive them on tilt. If you did this in a live game where there is no time limit persay you would not be welcome to play there either and the floor would kick you out without a hesitation and not welcome you back. I suggest you go to your local card room and try your tactics and see how long you are welcome there. Yes you are taking away from the owners bottom line and he has EVERY right to kick you out. He is there to make money and if you are PURPOSELY affecting that than you are an annoyance to him and he has every right reserved to not want to accept your play. There are situations involving where stalling is an effective tactic and those situations would mostly come up in a tournament where you have already paid your entry plus rake. Those situations might come up around the bubble time when you are stalling to make the money. Those are perfectly within the rules and can be highly effective if you are the short stack trying to hold on. But in a cash game you doing it EVERY hand is not an effective strategy.

Now concerning the rampant multi accounting that is going on the at the site is not acceptable either. Most of the big online poker rooms policies do not allow you to be able to freely switch from one account to another to keep the integrity of the game intact. Yes there are a few sites that will allow you to change names every so often but most have a very strict policy against doing it. Once you sign up with an account and select your screen name thats it you do not have the option to change it. In fact on most if you are caught making several accounts you are in violation of the Terms and Conditions and the poker room can have every right to confiscate your funds. I wish the owner here would take a stronger stance on this issue seeing that there are several players that have been abusing this power frequently. I would say most are honest and stick to one name. I know who the multi accounters are for the most part but it takes some time at the tables and using my own notes to detect who they are but usually only after several hands of play.

It is UNFAIR to me since I am using one name and they already know my style of play but because they are constantly changing names on a daily basis I do not theirs until several hands of play. Then I can say oh this is so and so I know how he plays and I can adjust how I play that player. This is why they do it to take advantage of it. It is definitely a form of cheating and deception that shouldn't be allowed but the owner freely says its ok to do so in essence he is allowing a form of cheating to exist. The only way to combat this as a player myself is to change player names on a daily basis to even the playing field. In short, this shouldn't have to be how we play and there should be a stricter policy on multi accounting. I don't want to resort to that having to remember several usernames/passwords just to keep a one up on my opponents like they are doing to me.

To you out there doing it and I KNOW who you are you have no ethics or morals and I can only hope for bad karma to come your way. You know why you do it is because you suck at poker and once people figure out how to exploit your plays you simply change screen names and come back as a new user.

Another good point brought up is the collusion that is also going on. Yes I know who I suspect is doing it and it quite obvious. While I won't say its going on all the time I keep my eye on a few players who I suspect are friends instant messaging each other their card holdings and cheating. There is just too much shady stuff going on at the site and I think other users have thought that as well which is why there are far fewer people playing on the site these days. Simply put I don't believe there is enough auditing of game security going on behind the scenes to prevent the integrity of the game is being upheld. Then again with only it being a one man operation I can't expect that he has the time necessary to put towards keeping the site up and doing all the security checks etc to be able to provide his clients a completely honest game.

hippich (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 01:46:44 PM

My _current_ view in short form: =)

1) Multi accounts - I can't prevent it from creation due nature of internet and bitcoin. If someone can come up with good strategy to prevent it - let me know. Until then I will allow it as long as it is the only issue with player.

2) Forfeiting funds - this happened only once in the life of the project. In that case person had three accounts and was colluding another guy. Forfeited funds were used to re-pay what another player lost due colluding.

3) Why forfeiting funds instead of banning users - see #1 - there is no way to ban user. Only if user be afraid to loose their money I can be sure they will not do tricky stuff.

4) If you catch colluder(s) - email me with hands ## and their nicknames and I will look into it.

5) Be nice to other players and you will never have any problems on this site.

anisoptera

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 03:28:59 PM

5) Be nice to other players and you will never have any problems on this site.

Wheaton's Law.

I mean, that's what it boils down to. Smiley

bitbetter

Activity: 70

I want to feel your empty heart.

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 06:26:29 PM

1) Multi accounts - I can't prevent it from creation due nature of internet and bitcoin. If someone can come up with good strategy to prevent it - let me know. Until then I will allow it as long as it is the only issue with player.

You could try whitelisting IP addresses. However--this gets very annoying for the users. But--it can surely cut down on SOME of the multiple accounts. Such an annoying issue!

BitBetter | where your BitCoins are fun
12f4jinRUaqsHTn2mrDSxzkw9AQ9WBLwtX
hippich (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 06:28:25 PM

bitbetter, for now i want try to keep anonymous play via tor. and black/white listing by IP address will eliminate it. Will see. If people start abuse it - I will start blacklisting. But I hope I will not need it.

bitbetter

Activity: 70

I want to feel your empty heart.

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 06:50:32 PM

bitbetter, for now i want try to keep anonymous play via tor. and black/white listing by IP address will eliminate it. Will see. If people start abuse it - I will start blacklisting. But I hope I will not need it.

indeed. I hope it doesn't come to that as well.

BitBetter | where your BitCoins are fun
12f4jinRUaqsHTn2mrDSxzkw9AQ9WBLwtX
TeraPool

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 06:52:43 PM

I have always thought about perhaps maybe a captcha system of some sort...?

Well, obviously not a captcha, nobody would play there lol ... but something that can dissuade bots from playing? Like constantly changing the colors of the buttons you clikc perhaps?

If you held AA then the call button could be a varation or a picture of two aces, but always different, so that a human could read it but not a bot.

Just an idea.

Good luck with the site.
anisoptera

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 07:20:10 PM

I have always thought about perhaps maybe a captcha system of some sort...?

Well, obviously not a captcha, nobody would play there lol ... but something that can dissuade bots from playing? Like constantly changing the colors of the buttons you clikc perhaps?

If you held AA then the call button could be a varation or a picture of two aces, but always different, so that a human could read it but not a bot.

Just an idea.

Good luck with the site.

We're not chasing bots, we're chasing multi-accounters. Bots also aren't thwarted in any way by the things you describe. The protocol is open, the whole thing is open, if someone wanted to make a bot they certainly wouldn't have to use our client to do it.

hippich (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 06:22:44 PM

site was down yesterday for the whole night + a bit in the morning.

startheory player is not a bot 100%.

hippich (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 06:31:53 PM

Here is log of "polite" asking me something:

* Jordan_ (4b0d5e01@gateway/web/freenode/ip.75.13.94.1) has joined #betcoin
<Jordan_> hi
<hippich_work> hey
<Jordan_> hey so there is a bot playing on your site now, and if Im reading correctly, on the forum the administrator wrote that he would allow a bot to play on the site
<hippich_work> what is your nick on site?
<Jordan_> why does that matter?
<Jordan_> the bot is star theory
<hippich_work> what is your nick, not "bot"'s
<Jordan_> you are really going to let him play on the site?  what a fucking joke
<Jordan_> why do you want my nick?
<Jordan_> dude, we are going to telleveryone
<hippich_work> ok, naturalorder8.
<hippich_work> "we" - you have many identities? =))
<Jordan_> your site is going to fall apart
<hippich_work> yeah, right =)
<Jordan_> dude, i cant believe what scum you are
<Jordan_> and yes your site is going to fall apart, for sure
* hippich_work sets ban on *!*4b0d5e01@*.75.13.94.1
* hippich_work has kicked Jordan_ from #betcoin (Jordan_)
<hippich_work> fu =)

TheBitMan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 06:35:24 PM

I don't get it..so how is the site owner the bad guy..who is using the bots?
TheBitMan

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 06:46:34 PM

After multiple complaints, the connection still sucks. I have to hit the button multiple times and the button still doesn't work.. if the button is there, half the time it isn't. And for the site owner to be using bots?? That's the nail on the coffin for me..I'm done with this site.
hippich (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 06:47:11 PM

2NaturalOrder8, I have different opinion. Since you did not ask me anything (sometimes you see users terrorize services to get something back - money or free service or something else), you own or affiliated with other poker rooms. Only this way can be explained why you are trolling here.

TheBitMan

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 06:50:03 PM

2NaturalOrder8, I have different opinion. Since you did not ask me anything (sometimes you see users terrorize services to get something back - money or free service or something else), you own or affiliated with other poker rooms. Only this way can be explained why you are trolling here.

Your just a dick plain and simple. I see people complain here all the time. I have been interested from this site from day one. It had potential but the way you run it, it should be down in no time.
hippich (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 06:54:14 PM

Ha, so you both are same person, I see =)

TheBitMan

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 06:56:00 PM

Ha, so you both are same person, I see =)
How are we the same person?
TheBitMan

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 06:56:52 PM

We are both online at the same time..my name is winnerchickendinner on the site you can go ahead and deactivate that too now. Won't be needing it.
hippich (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 06:58:25 PM

I closed your account? =)) That's a news

TheBitMan

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 06:59:03 PM

These responses from Hippich are PRICELESS.....

Actually, I have re-evaluated playing online poker from the lack of security.... I actually wont really be playing any more online poker for now... and I hadnt played online poker for years until bitcoin came along...

I never advertised any other sites, and I dont want anything for free.... You closed me account because I asked about the bot, and I never planned to deposit any more money....

I have seen people comment and the ways he responds is extremely unprofessional for simple questions. Also I just saw his bot in a room.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: