Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:29:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation  (Read 156623 times)
bremer-btc-user

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 05:12:42 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2012, 05:22:43 PM by bremer-btc-user

Any information you have can help your claim get processed faster:

- MtGox deposit codes
- Any emails received from Bitcoinica
- Photograph of your ID to prove account ownership
- Bitcoin transaction IDs or addresses used with Bitcoinica.

Send any information to bitcoinica.reimburse@gmail.com

today in the morning i got an email fom verify@bitcoinica.com, it told me again that I should send anythin wich could help to verify cthe claim to
verify@bitcoinica.com

Now you say we should send all that can help to verify the claims to
bitcoinica.reimburse@gmail.com Huh   (who is this??)
maybe tomorrow someone states we should send anything that can help to verify our claims to
santaclaus@northpole.com  Huh

what are you doing there??
I sent anything i got to verify@bitcoinica.com again today, it not very much, just the mails from bitcoinica according my deposits an one withdrawal, tx-ID'S you can get out of theese mails, blockchain provides Adresses wich are tied to theese transactions. what more do you need?
You got my full name and home-adress, you got my emailadress wich was tied to my account at bitcoinica, you got my username from the account, I also tried to verify my account with my bitcoinica password (no matching hash was found...), you never had photo from my ID so whatfor do you need it now?
(maybe I' willing to give it to you if it's to proove that I had just one claim open, and will only be paid once, but you will get it when i get a message like something like this: please send photo of your ID to receive back your funds. Payment will be processed immediately after you sent it...)

Christian

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 05:18:28 PM

- MtGox deposit codes

Just to get it straight: You cannot oblige people to accept this as a condition for getting their BTC back if they did not consent to Bitscamica's usage conditions to provide such information in the first place.

Who in his right mind is going to send personal information to people like you?

I really hope law will be enforced in this case.
dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 05:41:16 PM

we are so screwed, They have no database and they must be stalling to get more bitcoins or somehow get enough funds to payback everyone. You can email them all your bitcoin deposit Transaction ID: and deposit #XXXXX and even then it still doesn't make sense how they can't payout at least 50% of your money funds.

So the longer this takes we need to take legal action and declare punitive damages, bitcoinica should not be allowed to hold our funds and should pay us at 100% right now.

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 06:14:19 PM

requesting additional information, pointing to external difficulties, claiming not being the one (fully) in charge, promising something "soon" <= typically done by the average scammer to buy time thereby increasing the likelihood people giving up on their claims and making it easier for the perpetrator to escape from prosecution
BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 07:12:44 PM

- MtGox deposit codes

Just to get it straight: You cannot oblige people to accept this as a condition for getting their BTC back if they did not consent to Bitscamica's usage conditions to provide such information in the first place.

Who in his right mind is going to send personal information to people like you?

I really hope law will be enforced in this case.

They didn't say you have to, they just said it would help them "process your claim faster", read from that what you will.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 07:38:46 PM

@Transisto

Thank you very much for this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89782.new;topicseen#new

If possible i would like to see a list of claims and payout percentage. community style (for anon reases maybe bitconica username only) Wink
genjix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1071

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 10:30:22 AM

- MtGox deposit codes

I realized that it needed to do these things again ...

If we have already done this, and are listed as accurate should we send the information again to this new address?? will this help get our money back faster? I'm still at 0% paid and all I had were BTC.

Nope. I would simply CC it to verify@bitcoinica.com and then add the information myself to people's claims.
zero3112

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 06:47:47 PM

I would be willing to send in additional information if it is found that I need to do so.  But at this time I have heard no response as to if my account is marked accurate or not.

Its been like 3 months and the longer you guys wait the more I forget about what was even in my account.  This only makes it harder for me to verify that i'm the owner of my account.

I also don't see how sending in my id and passport will help because when I originally signed up I never had to submit such things?

I have proof of all the withdraws and deposits to my bitcoinica account via the blockchain, mt.gox, and bitcoinica email notifications is this not proof enough?

I don't think anyone has even looked at my account but I can proof to you its my account by logging into it?  No one would have my password but me and its 14 digits long so I doubt that someone cracked it.  I used upper case, lower case letters, numbers, and symbols.

I am confused about whether my username is the one I picked for bitcoinica or is it my email address because its been so long I don't remember?

dancingnancy

Activity: 661

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 07:34:30 PM

I would be willing to send in additional information if it is found that I need to do so.  But at this time I have heard no response as to if my account is marked accurate or not.

Its been like 3 months and the longer you guys wait the more I forget about what was even in my account.  This only makes it harder for me to verify that i'm the owner of my account.

I also don't see how sending in my id and passport will help because when I originally signed up I never had to submit such things?

I have proof of all the withdraws and deposits to my bitcoinica account via the blockchain, mt.gox, and bitcoinica email notifications is this not proof enough?

I don't think anyone has even looked at my account but I can proof to you its my account by logging into it?  No one would have my password but me and its 14 digits long so I doubt that someone cracked it.  I used upper case, lower case letters, numbers, and symbols.

I am confused about whether my username is the one I picked for bitcoinica or is it my email address because its been so long I don't remember?

Did you save the information, or weblink, that you got to your E-Mail after you submitted your claim?

You should have also have submitted your PW in another E-Mail that came about 1-2 weeks ago..?  If not, just go to the link that they gave you when you originally submitted your claim. 

I have to admit that Genjix/Amir was quite helpful with my claim to mark it accurate.  I personally forgot the login E-Mail address I used when I originally signed up.  He was patient with me and finally I remembered which one I used.  My claim was then marked accurate a few weeks ago (or so..) but I have yet to receive half my money as well. 

I have NOT sent any E-Mail to bitcoinica.reimburse just because my claim was previously marked accurate.  I am following through to this w/the best of my knowledge.  Let me know if I have misunderstood your problem.
zero3112

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 08:13:43 PM

Hey dancingnancy, to answer your question yes I did save the E-Mail I got after I submitted my claim.

Its just that I don't know if I filled in the claim accurately enough and used the right email for my bitcoinica account.  I have also submitted my password for them which was added to my claim about 1-2 weeks ago.  The password filled then disappeared.

So now i'm left with 3 issues.
1) I don't know if I submitted the right login for my account?
2) I cant tell if I put in the right password?
3) How do you tell if you claim has been marked as accurate?

dancingnancy

Activity: 661

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 09:22:14 PM

Hey dancingnancy, to answer your question yes I did save the E-Mail I got after I submitted my claim.

Its just that I don't know if I filled in the claim accurately enough and used the right email for my bitcoinica account.  I have also submitted my password for them which was added to my claim about 1-2 weeks ago.  The password filled then disappeared.

So now i'm left with 3 issues.
1) I don't know if I submitted the right login for my account?
2) I cant tell if I put in the right password?

If you have done the PW thing and it disappears it was right.  You only got an error if it was wrong.  I would assume yours is marked accurate, although I went through the same process and mine was NOT because I used the wrong E-Mail address to identify with.

I would contact Genjix (although he may have stated he is done doing these things?).  I know the process is irritating, but like I said so far, even though I have not received my 50% yet, Genjix was helpful when I needed assistance.  I would re-read through the last 5 pages of this thread again if I was you just to make sure what I am saying is totally accurate.
bitclown

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 08:19:09 AM

Activity on that address have accelerated the last few days, but there aren't any other users claiming to have received their initial 50% lately. Where are all the reassuring success reports?
genjix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 11:16:49 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2012, 01:24:43 PM by genjix

If you email bitcoinica.reimburse@gmail.com then I can tell you.

So far ~50 people have been paid out. Around 4x as many people are marked accurate. Right now, I think people marked as accurate will be paid back first. If you aren't in that category then you'll have to wait until after they're paid, at which point a new batch of people will be marked with accurate status. And so on, until 50% payouts have been done.

Originally me and Tihan marked a bunch of people as accurate based on our assessment of character. This is how Zhou wanted to pay people back quickly (just by deciding who is notable and who isn't). However Donald, who's largely taken the initiative on the payments prefers to do them completely based the numbers. As he's taken charge of it, I prefer to respect his decision on that. So people who send us emails like "I'm so trusted in the community" - that really does not have much bearing (for now).

The claims are making good progress. It's expected to be slow but I'm satisfied and don't want Donald to rush the process / make mistakes. That would be the worst thing ever as we only have the exact funds from the site.
realnowhereman

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 01:16:55 PM

If you email reimbuse.bitcoinica@gmail.com then I can tell you.

Quote from: Mail Delivery Subsystem mailer-daemon@googlemail.com
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

reimbuse.bitcoinica@gmail.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.

Quote from: Mail Delivery Subsystem mailer-daemon@googlemail.com
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

reimburse.bitcoinica@gmail.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.

Am I just being dim?

1AAZ4xBHbiCr96nsZJ8jtPkSzsg1CqhwDa
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 01:18:29 PM

Lol, it looks like he swapped the words around by accident. It should be bitcoinica.reimburse@gmail.com, not reimburse.bitcoinics@gmail.com.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
ssaCEO

Activity: 568

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2012, 01:19:52 PM

If you email reimbuse.bitcoinica@gmail.com then I can tell you.

So far ~50 people have been paid out. Around 4x as many people are marked accurate. Right now, I think people marked as accurate will be paid back first. If you aren't in that category then you'll have to wait until after they're paid, at which point a new batch of people will be marked with accurate status. And so on, until 50% payouts have been done.

Originally me and Tihan marked a bunch of people as accurate based on our assessment of character. This is how Zhou wanted to pay people back quickly (just by deciding who is notable and who isn't). However Donald, who's largely taken the initiative on the payments prefers to do them completely based the numbers. As he's taken charge of it, I prefer to respect his decision on that. So people who send us emails like "I'm so trusted in the community" - that really does not have much bearing (for now).

The claims are making good progress. It's expected to be slow but I'm satisfied and don't want Donald to rush the process / make mistakes. That would be the worst thing ever as we only have the exact funds from the site.

Genjix, have any payments gone out yet to USD holders? (i.e. I put a bank that accepts checks for me as the best method for payout)

genjix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 01:27:52 PM

Sorry about the email.

@ssaCEO, I don't have a way to search for USD payments but I see at least 2 people with their USD payments paid back. I assume there's more. However USD payments are slower since Donald doesn't have direct access to them (goes through a second person).
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2012, 03:58:56 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2012, 04:17:23 PM by Transisto

...So far ~50 people have been paid out. Around 4x as many people are marked accurate. Right now, I think people marked as accurate will be paid back first. If you aren't in that category then you'll have to wait until after they're paid, at which point a new batch of people will be marked with accurate status. And so on, until 50% payouts have been done.

This is a previously written post I had decided to keep for myself,:
At this point, day 50, Say there are 3 people who process one claim per hours for 8 hrs a day (conservative), If there is a queue sorted by owned BTC.
and that all those before me had the same amount and those behind nothing. (very unlikely)
, that I am the next to be paid (unlikely).

You guy had what ? ~ 3 000 000BTC to pay out ?

Do you realize many people would pay you ~200$ to get their claim priority checked.

Honestly, What is it you're doing ?  My brain's boiling.
Ok so you've processed ~10% of claims to 50% accuracy in ~50 days.

Now learning, There is ONE GUY , Who process claims ?...  50 has been paid in 50 days and you're satisfied ?

How can anyone expect getting back more than 50% of his fund before 2017 ?
Thanks for the honest update, it fell good to have some realistic expectation.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 05:20:25 PM

Less than 10% of the claims to a point of less than 50% is less than 5% of the total problem addressed. And you are concerned about "making mistakes"? You are still in the statistical deviation fussiness around the issue at 5%, you haven't even begun to fix the problem. At the speed your poor solitary trooper is struggling through this moral swamp of who is being honest and who isn't, who has a reputation or who doesn't, you should get around to beginning to look at refunding the UNDISPUTED US$ accounts sometime in August 2015. With another 3 years to resolve that cluster-fuck you might be out of this right around December 2019.

Nice work! Bravo for the effort! So glad the saviors came along to make this thing all better!

Considering that the base value of ALL underlying bitcoins that you are holding has increased by almost 55% since this theft began, you could comfortably pay out at this level for decades, stringing along the customers that you have scammed, and never touch the principal you hold. Hell, those thousands and thousands of US$ will be increasing at a steady rate too! What a clever routine you boys have worked up here.

I am amazed that anyone in this community still listens to a single word from you gangsters. There is absolutely nothing that you have done or said that is anything less than classic textbook scamming. You have lied in reaction to every question, you have mis-directed, re-directed or just fallen off the face of the earth whenever the heat gets turned up. Nobody knows yet who actually is responsible for this disaster, and you seem to pop out another name for the penultimate responsible party every other week, and yet there is always some murky uber-mensch who tells you all what to do based on ethical/moral/legal considerations, although nothing you do reflects anything like ethical, moral or legal behavior. Amazing.

It's a wonder that you don't have the villagers clamoring for a lynching right now, but I guess the promise of a few miserable pennies on the dollar sometime in the next decade is enough to mollify your victims. Sad. Truly sad that polished scammers like this whole set-up flourish here. If there is anything that will kill off bitcoin as a concept- it is the thieving bastards like Bitcoinica. I don't believe for a second that there was any kind of hack here, this stinks like a set-up to pull a huge amount of capital out of the "market" sit on it and make gains while everyone runs around like chickens with their heads cut off, throw your little programmer Zhou off the Island and steal his work, while turning him into a pariah in the community, so that you can paint yourselves as White Knights.

You sicken me.
genjix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 06:41:30 PM

Less than 10% of the claims to a point of less than 50% is less than 5% of the total problem addressed. And you are concerned about "making mistakes"? You are still in the statistical deviation fussiness around the issue at 5%, you haven't even begun to fix the problem. At the speed your poor solitary trooper is struggling through this moral swamp of who is being honest and who isn't, who has a reputation or who doesn't, you should get around to beginning to look at refunding the UNDISPUTED US$ accounts sometime in August 2015. With another 3 years to resolve that cluster-fuck you might be out of this right around December 2019.

Nice work! Bravo for the effort! So glad the saviors came along to make this thing all better!

Considering that the base value of ALL underlying bitcoins that you are holding has increased by almost 55% since this theft began, you could comfortably pay out at this level for decades, stringing along the customers that you have scammed, and never touch the principal you hold. Hell, those thousands and thousands of US$ will be increasing at a steady rate too! What a clever routine you boys have worked up here.

I didn't scam anyone. Say how you expect people to be refunded without a database.

We're trying the best we can.

I am amazed that anyone in this community still listens to a single word from you gangsters. There is absolutely nothing that you have done or said that is anything less than classic textbook scamming. You have lied in reaction to every question, you have mis-directed, re-directed or just fallen off the face of the earth whenever the heat gets turned up. Nobody knows yet who actually is responsible for this disaster, and you seem to pop out another name for the penultimate responsible party every other week, and yet there is always some murky uber-mensch who tells you all what to do based on ethical/moral/legal considerations, although nothing you do reflects anything like ethical, moral or legal behavior. Amazing.

It's a wonder that you don't have the villagers clamoring for a lynching right now, but I guess the promise of a few miserable pennies on the dollar sometime in the next decade is enough to mollify your victims. Sad. Truly sad that polished scammers like this whole set-up flourish here. If there is anything that will kill off bitcoin as a concept- it is the thieving bastards like Bitcoinica. I don't believe for a second that there was any kind of hack here, this stinks like a set-up to pull a huge amount of capital out of the "market" sit on it and make gains while everyone runs around like chickens with their heads cut off, throw your little programmer Zhou off the Island and steal his work, while turning him into a pariah in the community, so that you can paint yourselves as White Knights.

You sicken me.

Point me to one question where I lied. I've been around all the time, posting answers to questions and answering emails. Also I give the full story as it happened in the OP. Your story is nothing more than a conspiracy theory.

As I said, if someone wants to sue then I'll provide my name and details for the police report. No one has taken that offer yet. We are happy to open our books to the relevant authorities. Tihan has also offered up his personal details. We have not acted maliciously once.

Currently I have 200 emails. A scammer would not bother answering and looking up people's claims for them. I also would not be using a crappy IBM Thinkpad T61 if I wasn't short on cash. Our conduct before Bitcoinica has been nothing but exemplary (point me to an occasion where it wasn't), and we've always operated with utmost honesty.

But I guess there is no other way to convince you otherwise, so it is a pointless discussion as you've already made up your mind.

@Transisto, I did say it was a slow process. And actual payouts only begun 2 weeks ago (see the OP). We had to sort out the legal issues with Tihan (who has legal control over the funds), create a claims system, organise all the data and start the process. This isn't something you do in 3 days, but 2 weeks. Consider that it 2 months of legal negotiation with Bitcoinica as to our role we would be taking, and when the hack happened, we we still completing the ownership transfer:

20:42 <phantomcircuit> tihan isn't like an employee
20:43 <phantomcircuit> he's a middleman
20:43 <phantomcircuit> a finder
20:43 <phantomcircuit> im guessing this huge mess is why he wont be working with him anymore
20:45 <genjix> however you dealt more with tihan, so you know more about everything
20:46 <genjix> i really haven't followed the events, nor read much of the email exchange between donald and tihan
20:48 <phantomcircuit> afaict this is effectively a series of decisions that were made in good faith which were unfortunately poorly thought out
20:48 <phantomcircuit> wendon bought bitcoinica in like october and knew immediately that there were problems
20:48 <phantomcircuit> they went to the coinlabs people but they weren't able to help or reneged on the deal or something i dont know the specifics
20:49 <phantomcircuit> when we got involved in what was it like march? they had been operating for months without a major overhaul
20:50 <phantomcircuit> the paperwork was wrong and tihan was rushing because i think he realized how fucked the situation really was
20:50 <phantomcircuit> then at the worst possible moment the hack happened
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: