Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:28:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation  (Read 156628 times)
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 08:53:42 PM

http://www.surfair.com/index.html

LOL

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 10:18:26 PM

Please look at the date.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 10:33:26 PM

So you only claim to have hacked this the last round, not the first two or three times? Hmm...

I think he's trying to say the opposite - that he was able to supply large amounts of coins before the Rackspace and MtGox incidents.

Even if someone had the proceeds of all three Bitcoinica-related thefts, they still wouldn't be able to supply "large amounts" "constantly" - the total was around BTC 100k, which means it would be exhausted after only 10 sales of BTC 10k.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
zhoutong
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 10:36:09 PM

So you only claim to have hacked this the last round, not the first two or three times? Hmm...

I think he's trying to say the opposite - that he was able to supply large amounts of coins before the Rackspace and MtGox incidents.

Even if someone had the proceeds of all three Bitcoinica-related thefts, they still wouldn't be able to supply "large amounts" "constantly" - the total was around BTC 100k, which means it would be exhausted after only 10 sales of BTC 10k.

I have access to interbank rates that's why I can do arbitration profitably for different currencies.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 11:21:59 PM

May I ask, why are you personally attacking Zhou? The community understands your point. None of your posts at this point are helping: this one just damaged your own reputation if anything (it was, in the end, supporting Zhou).

At this point, I'm inclined to believe that you have a personal or commercial reason to blame Zhou.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 11:24:10 PM

May I ask, why are you personally attacking Zhou? The community understands your point. None of your posts at this point are helping: this one just damaged your own reputation if anything (it was, in the end, supporting Zhou).

At this point, I'm inclined to believe that you have a personal or commercial reason to blame Zhou.

Needs a scapegoat, since a shit ton of money went missing and they can't figure out who it is.

Listen: I don't give a flying fuck WHO files the police report, just do it NOW.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
zhoutong
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 12:07:31 AM

I wanted to question the same. I have officially requested a contact method of AurumXchange so that I can hire an attorney to look into the situation, but they posted this without giving me any information. (Roberto asked me whether I wanted an address, I said yes.)

Verification documentation must be sent within 5 calendar days from the time of the order to the email address provided on the order verification email. If the user does not provide the requested documentation within the aforementioned time period, the order will be voided and funds for the order in question returned as explained on paragraph 5.

AurumXchange didn't request any documentation from me and decided to withhold the funds. There's no mention anywhere in the TOS or AML that withholding of the funds will ever happen. Instead, they have said that if the funds are questionable, they will return them to the original sources.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 12:41:37 AM

I wanted to question the same. I have officially requested a contact method of AurumXchange so that I can hire an attorney to look into the situation, but they posted this without giving me any information. (Roberto asked me whether I wanted an address, I said yes.)

Verification documentation must be sent within 5 calendar days from the time of the order to the email address provided on the order verification email. If the user does not provide the requested documentation within the aforementioned time period, the order will be voided and funds for the order in question returned as explained on paragraph 5.

AurumXchange didn't request any documentation from me and decided to withhold the funds. There's no mention anywhere in the TOS or AML that withholding of the funds will ever happen. Instead, they have said that if the funds are questionable, they will return them to the original sources.

The only contact info I have for Roberto is:

Roberto Gutierrez
General Manager
admin@aurumxchange.com

I too would like to know why they have broken their own user agreement with you to speculate on a public forum regarding your private account details.

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 05:16:55 AM

you can not make this shit up

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 05:27:49 AM

They dont just return funds suspected to have come from illegal activity. Most likely they will be handed over to the relevent authorities. AML means "anti money laundering" which is what I suspect you are ow being investigated for. You wont find out about it till you will get arrested and all your wordly goods including houses you bought for your family are seized s suspected proceeds of such money laundering.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 05:31:30 AM

Im just surprised someone running a financial site such as bitcoinica is completely unaware of the fact if you transfer more than $10 000 at once its a suspicious activity.....which is why you should only do such things using bitcoin not fiat  Smiley

imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 05:35:16 AM

We have asked you, repeatedly, for your retained attorney's information, and received no reply from you. No further information will be released to you since there is an AML investigation going on as well.

Please provide that information on a ticket as requested.

Isn't disclosing that there is an ongoing AML investigation actually against the AML investigation rules?

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 05:37:34 AM

We have asked you, repeatedly, for your retained attorney's information, and received no reply from you. No further information will be released to you since there is an AML investigation going on as well.

Please provide that information on a ticket as requested.

Isn't disclosing that there is an ongoing AML investigation actually against the AML investigation rules?

Yes it is.

repentance

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 05:43:34 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2012, 06:00:31 AM by repentance

you can not make this shit up

Yes you can.

It is under the AML regulations of most countries, but not all countries are fully compliant with all of the FATF recommendations (I don't think that there's any nation which is compliant with all of them).  Dominica's fully or largely compliant with only 7 out of the 49 FATF recommendations on which AML laws around the world are based.

Tipping off provisions do allow FSPs to ask customers about the source/destination of funds, which can sometimes clarify whether or not a suspicious activity/matter report needs to be made.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 01:44:22 PM

@Bitcoinica Consultancy - How will the recent developments (e.g. stolen funds returned to Patrick Murck) affect the customer reimbursement process?
sarpar

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 03:23:22 PM

@Bitcoinica Consultancy - How will the recent developments (e.g. stolen funds returned to Patrick Murck) affect the customer reimbursement process?
+1

We want to know whether at least there is some movement - being public figures you can't afford that level of inactivity after we had so much success with fund recovery so far. if you cant provide this information legally at least provide some indirectly.

I openly boycott the Bitcoinica Consultancy team or Intersango: Donald Norman, Patrick Strateman and Amir Taaki
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 12:18:09 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2012, 12:44:14 AM by disclaimer201

I'm sorry to rub it in, but there very likely will be no more reimbursement process. That's what it means when you get robbed. Noone is going to give you closure. If it was an inside job this will have much worse consequences for everyone involved. Like ghosts in bad movies people mourn their loss on here for months and years and there will be no closure. It'll be like in a Dostojewski novel or the film Matchpoint: whoever did it will potentially have to live with being constantly reminded of this mess forever. If it was an inside job, those responsible at bitcoinica will be haunted and cursed, even if it wasn't an inside job. They just run away from it. Really? Will you tell people in a few months or years that this was the best you could have done to make your customers good? You resign because people on a message board have hurt your pride for something you are responsible for? But they didn't give me any respect! I work only for people's respect and if I don't get that I'm gonna go and eat my icecream alone somewhere. Watch what happens now, you will have no icecream and you really hurt my feelings. WAKE THE FUCK UP you conceited bastards. The world doesn't give a shit about your feelings. This is a business and you need to grow the fuck up.

Anyway, dear ninjarobot, you have to close the case for yourself. Muchly like Intersango - they now only accept initial deposits of 100GBP from new customers, turning their exchange into an outright ponzi. I'm sure there is a <technical reason> for this little inconvenience: extremely low liquidity due to loss of trust following minor tiny bitcoinica hacks/heists, unprofessionalism, lack of accountability, but most of all, narcissistic personality disorders.

Don't expect them to get a scammer tag anytime soon on here either, scammer tags are reserved for Bulanula. And, the Intersango boys are organizing the Bitcoin conference in London, we can't give them a scammer tag! This shitstory has done more than just hurt a couple thousand bitcoin members financially. It may as well tear apart the entire bitcoin community. Meanwhile, you will find me over at the alternative crypotcurrencies section, in the Litecoin community. The way I see it, it holds great potential and there very well be a need for it. Enjoy your conference close to the banksters in one of the most policed towns on the planet.
Herodes

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 01:30:34 AM

Muchly like Intersango - they now only accept initial deposits of 100GBP from new customers, turning their exchange into an outright ponzi.

I rather think it's due to laziness. Man in themiddle attack has aparently occured with Intersango and prompted the Metro investigation. They reckon 5 days to hold the funds will be enough, so that any victims of 'Man in the middle attacks' will then have asked their bank for a refund, which Intersango then readily can do. As for the 100 GBP limit, I don't know. This cuts off all the small guys... But aparently Intersango can't be bothered with caring for the small guys..

There could've been other better ways to prevent these kinds of fraus. I leave that as an exercise to 'the security experts'.

I'm sure there is a <technical reason> for this little inconvenience: extremely low liquidity due to loss of trust following minor tiny bitcoinica hacks/heists, unprofessionalism, lack of accountability, but most of all, narcissistic personality disorders.
Hit the nail on the head.

And, the Intersango boys are organizing the Bitcoin conference in London, we can't give them a scammer tag! This shitstory has done more than just hurt a couple thousand bitcoin members financially. It may as well tear apart the entire bitcoin community. Enjoy your conference close to the banksters in one of the most policed towns on the planet.

I am not going to London for this conference, exactly for this reason, otherwise I would've gone.

Perhaps somebody should call the Sun ? It could be a juicy real life soap opera story!
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 03:24:35 AM

Obviously the London conference is now nothing more than a gathering of the thieves, and nothing that any self-respecting bitcoin user, developer or adopter would ever want to soil themselves with.

Digging into their own pockets and paying people back in full as they proudly proclaimed they would do when they seized control from the little gangster Zhou would be a nice start to restoring their credibility, that is obviously not going to happen.

I will be the first to proclaim a boycott of any service or product developed, sold or endorsed by any of these users or the myriad of companies that they hide behind.
naima53

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:11:45 PM

Bitcoin Cosnultancy, please, if you still plan to refund. Ask for all applicants to fill in the form of claims again. Then, compare the old with the new form for inconsistencies. Thus, many will be excluded fake claims. If the claimant real - he knows how much he owed​​, and how many have remembered the last time. Many scammers have made several claims, and may not be able to enter the data correctly. You can significantly reduce the amount of payments using this method.

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: