Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:12:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CATc] CataloniaCoin · Start Building your socio-economical future·Wallets  (Read 54694 times)
CataloniaDev (OP)

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 06:08:05 PM

@drays and @jordixal, sorry, we have said that you might mining until the block 45000, and even that block there have not been problems. We can not help those who wanted to exploit the situation with delayed swap.

@A.L.F. there are other coins, good look! Wink

Remember, if you have old CATs you can contact us by email to swap!

cataloniacoins@gmail.com

Accumulate CATC! more news coming soon!
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minerpools

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 06:59:00 PM

We have leftover Swap CATc.

Until year end, you can contact us through cataloniacoins@gmail.com If for whatever reason could not make the swap. Once finished the year the remaining coins will be destroyed. All movements are shown to be no doubt.

Best regards!

CATC Team

I had quite a few coins left in catc.minerpools.com, as far as I know some other users in this forum had there coins too... Is there any way to get them? Or they are lost?
I have coins coins in that pool too, however devs say this coins are lost forever.

I'm confused, are ALL the coins remaining from V2 lost?

Dev, you really messed it up if this is the case because you NEVER contacted me about any update and much less did you mention anything about it before the actual D day.
This is the PM I got from the dev:
------------------------------------------------
CataloniaDev

Activity: 70

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)
swap done
« Sent to: minerpools on: December 02, 2014, 02:09:23 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote  ReplyReply  Remove this messageDelete 

Hi guys, Catc swap is done, you have to change the pool settings to mine the new Catcoins.

New specs:
NEW ALGORITHM

Proof of Work algorithm: X11
Coins per day:  1714
Coins per block:  2.3806
Block target: 2 minutes
Annual POS: 1%

Can you announce that is finished mining in Scrypt-N in our forums?
And if you want to continue offering your service with Catc, can you announce that too?
thank you
-------------------

Which catc swap?
I didn't even know about it how did you expect the services supporting you to know if no notification was sent previously?.
Better revert back to the original chain and allow people to "swap" before switching algos/chains

CataloniaDev (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 07:50:15 PM

Which catc swap?
I didn't even know about it how did you expect the services supporting you to know if no notification was sent previously?.
Better revert back to the original chain and allow people to "swap" before switching algos/chains

SWAP

*** Swap starts at block number 42000, about 8 days ***

You can Mining in Scrypt-N and Swap the CATc until block number 45000 (4 days when Swap starts)

Swap your CATc for the news CATc through https://c-cex.com/ or a new wallet

We're working on a new explorer and wallet

This was in the Ann since we decided to make the swap.
We are going to contacting with you p.m or email and try to fix it, if we can fix it.
jordixal

Activity: 221

Bitcoin lover

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 09:26:56 PM

Things can't be done worst.

javierbaco

Activity: 172
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 09:56:54 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2014, 10:09:45 PM by javierbaco

Which catc swap?

SWAP

You can Mining in Scrypt-N and Swap the CATc until block number 45000 (4 days when Swap starts)

We are going to contacting with you p.m or email and try to fix it, if we can fix it.

Hi, I am not a miner but I will give my opinion.
It is true that warned that the Scrypt-N mining ending in the block 45.000. All we readed in these pages. I assumed that the pool would close the mining in that block.
You can not blame anyone because we all knew. who did not know? Those who have followed mining did it knowingly and that's not just. I don`t care, but does not seem right. Hopefully you may have luck.....
Instead of criticizing always,  we could try to help the coin with ideas, not just complaining and looking our pocket.
I would look for other pools....
minerpools

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 10:36:34 PM

Which catc swap?

SWAP

Hi, I am not a miner but I will give my opinion.
It is true that warned that the Scrypt-N mining ending in the block 45.000. All we readed in these pages. I assumed that the pool would close the mining in that block.
You can not blame anyone because we all knew. who did not know? Those who have followed mining did it knowingly and that's not just. I don`t care, but does not seem right. Hopefully you may have luck.....
Instead of criticizing always,  we could try to help the coin with ideas, not just complaining and looking our pocket.
I would look for other pools....

Well, it's better to get informed before speaking out without knowing what's going on.

1. when a hard fork is scheduled or incoming, devs are supposed to notify as to how this will work, lots of coins simply do it without the previous wallet becoming unusable.
2. Mining was stopped after block 45k, pretty much when I got the pm from the dev.
3. Coins affected are ALL of them, not just block > 45k

Ideas?
Simple, provide a link to the old source, I'll get the daemon running and allow people to withdraw and use their coins for swapping.

Don't blame the pool which stood by when launch was a mess too.

EDIT: And I do mean withdraw only, I will not restart stratum for this one.

javierbaco

Activity: 172
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:57:43 PM

Well, it's better to get informed before speaking out without knowing what's going on.

1. when a hard fork is scheduled or incoming, devs are supposed to notify as to how this will work, lots of coins simply do it without the previous wallet becoming unusable.
2. Mining was stopped after block 45k, pretty much when I got the pm from the dev.
3. Coins affected are ALL of them, not just block > 45k

Ideas?
Simple, provide a link to the old source, I'll get the daemon running and allow people to withdraw and use their coins for swapping.

Don't blame the pool which stood by when launch was a mess too.

EDIT: And I do mean withdraw only, I will not restart stratum for this one.

I didn`t say that you have the guilt for what happened. Things could be done better.
In relation to search other pools I'm not saying that minerpools.com is a bad pool. I haven´t read any problems from your pool. I say this because if you're not mining in poollo, you can´t know which block are mining.
vgo
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:36:04 AM

Minerpools is a excelent pool, works very well and has supported the currency since launch.

Poollo is a good pool too.

My personal opinion of CatC v2... (Chapuza).

Result: dump under 600sat. Roll Eyes

KingCaper

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 02:42:18 PM

Minerpools is a excelent pool, works very well and has supported the currency since launch.

Poollo is a good pool too.

My personal opinion of CatC v2... (Chapuza).

Result: dump under 600sat. Roll Eyes

Thanks for teaching me a new Spanish word.  Wink

I agree with minerpools this obviously could have been handled better, but there's no reason the situation can't be salvaged with a little help from the developers.
Minerpools has offered to get the daemon going to allow people to withdraw their v1 coins (good man). I found a link to the old github repository:
https://github.com/Cataloniacoin/CataloniacoinS

Now if exactly the same number of coins has been produced then there's no reason that everyone with v1 coins can't still get them swapped. All it'd take is for the devs to re-install the old wallet and then have everyone with v1 coins send them to it. Those swapping their old coins could post here or in a Google doc the amount, sending address and their v2 address for getting the new coins.

It'd take a little effort, but it's a small price to pay to resolve the situation and restore some faith in the project.

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:55:32 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2014, 08:29:27 PM by drays

@drays and @jordixal, sorry, we have said that you might mining until the block 45000, and even that block there have not been problems. We can not help those who wanted to exploit the situation with delayed swap.

Remember, if you have old CATs you can contact us by email to swap!

cataloniacoins@gmail.com

Well, thanks for pointing this. I am new to this forum and did not read the whole thread (too many posts Smiley - didn't notice that mining should have stopped on block 45000. Now I can read that looking on the old posts.

I did not intent to exploit the situation in any way. I just noticed a new promising coin (CATC2), then found a good pool (minerpools.com) an mined it Smiley In the pool GUI nothing was pointing to some issues with the coin, or to a incoming algo changing, or to swap, so I just happily mined the coin Smiley, until I realized some problems with the blockchain and started reading this forum more carefully because of that. There was no info anywhere about this coin swap except this forum, I don't think that info even was in OP at that time!!

I am not sure which blocks my coins were produced from, maybe they are before block 45000, maybe after... Didn't pay attention, truly saying, I don't think many miners pay attention to the numbers of blocks Smiley

... this space is not for rent ...
minerpools

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 11:41:54 PM

Update:

Catc v1 daemon is up on minerpools. looking for nodes now to try and get it to sync. Wallet is safe so all funds are there Wink.

I'll post back as soon as the wallet is fully up.

CataloniaDev (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 08:46:41 AM

Update:

Catc v1 daemon is up on minerpools. looking for nodes now to try and get it to sync. Wallet is safe so all funds are there Wink.

Thanks very much @minerpools !!!
KingCaper

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 07:13:00 PM

Update:

Thanks very much @minerpools !!!

Any news CataloniaDev?

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
majsta

Activity: 561

kittehcoin.info

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 02:00:55 PM

CATC developers resolved few problems I had with c-cex. What happened is that I sent come coins to my old cataloniacoin c-cex address so I was thinking that they are lost completely. I received 1000 coins from dev team of CATc tnx.

4de2939f8f5b2aa2adb60dfc507744d0b369d37a61730b1ed1de04002e8854c6-000

CataloniaDev (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 10:14:59 PM

CATC developers resolved few problems I had with c-cex. What happened is that I sent come coins to my old cataloniacoin c-cex address so I was thinking that they are lost completely. I received 1000 coins from dev team of CATc tnx.

We are happy to help you @majsta! Wink

@KingCaper we are working in finish Swap, choose more exchangers and our road map. Be patient and accumulate cheap CATc, News is coming!

quasimodo
Legendary

Activity: 2692
Merit: 1175

Reflinks und User die solche posten sind Scheisse

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:25:52 AM

The volume on exchange is near 0, since days. There is no activity in the thread, no reason to buy. Dev has spoken of surprises, also weeks ago but nothing happens.
drays
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 08:42:03 PM

Exactly same situation with me. Sent coins to c-cex old wallet address some time ago and they were stuck, as c-cex put wallet in maintenance. Contacted c-cex, they redirected me to new CATC dev. Happy to tell that dev team recovered those funds today. Thanks a lot guys, keep working like this and all problems will be left behind! Smiley

Some other funds of me are still stuck in minerpools, but I am not sure if they are legit, as I'm not sure which block they were mined from... Hope @minerpools will be able to recover the wallet, and probably bring back the web access, so we can check this.

Great to see the CATC team is really working to finish swap in a good way, so nobody complains. But some news on CATC development are definitely needed now, as market looks to be 'frozen', no movement, as if everybody waits to see what happens next. Wish this project a great success!

CataloniaDev (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:04:42 PM

Exactly same situation with me. Sent coins to c-cex old wallet address some time ago and they were stuck, as c-cex put wallet in maintenance. Contacted c-cex, they redirected me to new CATC dev. Happy to tell that dev team recovered those funds today. Thanks a lot guys, keep working like this and all problems will be left behind! Smiley

Some other funds of me are still stuck in minerpools, but I am not sure if they are legit, as I'm not sure which block they were mined from... Hope @minerpools will be able to recover the wallet, and probably bring back the web access, so we can check this.

Great to see the CATC team is really working to finish swap in a good way, so nobody complains. But some news on CATC development are definitely needed now, as market looks to be 'frozen', no movement, as if everybody waits to see what happens next. Wish this project a great success!

Thanks for the comment!!! Wink

The volume on exchange is near 0, since days. There is no activity in the thread, no reason to buy. Dev has spoken of surprises, also weeks ago but nothing happens.

Keep calm and trust in us. People are holding. The price is higher than the ipo. It is good indicator.

CataloniaDev (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 11:02:22 AM

Hello, greetings to all.

We remind you that the period of Swap will be open until December 31, 2014.

send suggestions to cataloniacoins@gmail.com

Keep your CATC safekeeping, curves are close;)

A greeting!
drays
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 11:09:57 PM

Are you 100℅ busy with Swap for these last weeks, or you do something else to promote this coin too? Could you please tell us about your plans?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: