Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:03:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coineer - The Bitcoin Magazine - SPOILER  (Read 1412 times)
Coineer (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

NewsBTC Canada

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2012, 11:21:45 PM

Hi All,

While we are working hard here to bring everyone the second issue of the World's first Bitcoin Magazine available in print and online, we wanted to give everyone a sneak preview of what is coming up:

Coineer - The Bitcoin Magazine Volume #1, Issue #1: "The Money Maker Issue"

For everyone out there who wants to know what all the excitement about Bitcoin is all about, this is the issue for you!

All of our content for this issue is about making money with Bitcoins!
Some of our featured articles will cover…

- The MintChip Challenge (exclusive interview)
- How to make money with Bitcoins
- Making Bitcoins out of thin air
- More Mining Pr0n
- More puzzles
- "Coineer is Goin' Here" series

Coineer - The Bitcoin Magazine, Volume #1, Issue #1 "The Money Maker Issue" will be available in July.

Please feel free to PM me for advertising information.

Coineer - The World's First Bitcoin Magazine Available in Print and Online is Now NewsBTC Canada!
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2012, 02:54:41 AM

Consider this an equal-time bump.

~Bruno~
eastendtech

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 04:36:35 AM

bump
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2012, 12:41:59 PM

1) Will this be a free issue again?

2) Do you have plans for distributing this to places where "free publications" exist?  For example, the local Marcs has a stand for free publications.

I think that would be a great way for you to get exposure and build your brand for advertising revenue.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 12:49:58 PM

Have you thought about publishing Coineer with Createspace using a full color 8.5"x11" format? You can then make it available on Amazon and B&N as well as Kindle.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Dansker

Activity: 740
Merit: 500

Hello world!

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 03:59:43 PM

Have you considered building up hype for 6 months before delivering?

I hear it yields great results, and people easily forget.

Coineer (OP)

NewsBTC Canada

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2012, 04:03:29 PM

Hi all,

Thanks for the bumps Smiley

1) Will this be a free issue again?

2) Do you have plans for distributing this to places where "free publications" exist?  For example, the local Marcs has a stand for free publications.

I think that would be a great way for you to get exposure and build your brand for advertising revenue.

Definitely agree on expanding awareness of the brand and spreading the word as much as possible.

1)
We will be following a similar release strategy as the first issue so you will be able to get digital copies for free.

2)
We are looking into a number of options for free publication distribution. There are several variables that come into play for this type of setup and we are looking for as many ways to economically distribute the magazine as possible.

Have you thought about publishing Coineer with Createspace using a full color 8.5"x11" format? You can then make it available on Amazon and B&N as well as Kindle.

We have looked into Createspace but for printed materials they only offer options for books not periodicals. We will definitely make use of this service when it works for what we are offering. It does work with our layout though and as the magazine expands, so do our options for distribution and format Wink

Have you considered building up hype for 6 months before delivering?

I hear it yields great results, and people easily forget.

We prefer to take the under-promise/over-deliver approach rather than the reverse Cheesy

Coineer - The World's First Bitcoin Magazine Available in Print and Online is Now NewsBTC Canada!
cytokine
Donator

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 11:40:02 PM

Have you thought of just joining up with Matt and the Bitcoin Magazine gang? Or do you want to remain independent?
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2012, 01:58:17 AM

Have you thought of just joining up with Matt and the Bitcoin Magazine gang? Or do you want to remain independent?

I'm thinking there could be opportunity to have advertising in your magazine for the other Bitcoin Magazine.  Then your magazine could be a free publication and then hard core people would go on to get the next one?

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 02:15:33 AM

I'm not putting any money on the success of any bitcoin-based magazine until a distributor picks it up and stocks bookstore racks. In the meantime, just enjoy what you are doing and see where it takes you.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Coineer (OP)

NewsBTC Canada

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2012, 03:42:06 PM

I'm thinking there could be opportunity to have advertising in your magazine for the other Bitcoin Magazine.  Then your magazine could be a free publication and then hard core people would go on to get the next one?
There are currently no visible synergies between our efforts so we will remain independent. We have a sound strategy and will continue to deliver on our plans Cool

I'm not putting any money on the success of any bitcoin-based magazine until a distributor picks it up and stocks bookstore racks. In the meantime, just enjoy what you are doing and see where it takes you.
Thank you and in agreement completely. We are having fun publishing this magazine and see lots of opportunity for expansion and growth.  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: