Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:23:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which unit I should use at https://betco.in ?
Bitcoin - 1 (8.3%)
BitCent - 2 (16.7%)
miliBTC - 6 (50%)
Other - 2 (16.7%)
Chips - 1 (8.3%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCents, miliBTC, something else?  (Read 1982 times)
hippich (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 06:56:53 AM

I just switched main unit to bitcents at https://betco.in . We were discussing this and I can'd decide what will feel more natural: bitcents (0.01 BTC) or milibitcoins (0.001). May be something else?

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 07:07:55 AM

I just switched main unit to bitcents at https://betco.in . We were discussing this and I can'd decide what will feel more natural: bitcents (0.01 BTC) or milibitcoins (0.001). May be something else?

Related thread:
  http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=8282.0

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2011, 08:27:22 AM

The site is confusing as hell now. You changed the stakes on a bunch of tables that kept the same name and same appearance in every way. The only way to tell is looking at your balance after you buy in.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
hippich (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 04:23:24 PM

I think to remove mention of bitcoins at all from website except from deposit/withdrawal page and refer to "points" or "chips" instead. This way it will be easier to adopt in future. What do you think?

bearbones

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2011, 04:46:15 PM

I think to remove mention of bitcoins at all from website except from deposit/withdrawal page and refer to "points" or "chips" instead. This way it will be easier to adopt in future. What do you think?

I think that is a bad idea.  Brand recognition is incredibly important, and not just for consumers.  Even search engines would discriminate against such a maneuver.  The transition should be gradual, so that all entities involved can have opportunities to imprint the conversion.

EDIT
Pardon me.  I should have read more carefully.  I thought you were talking about the bitcent/millibitcoin conversion, not chips for your site.  Your suggestion is sound.

Feed Ze Birds Pay and get paid for tweets
Coinapult Send Bitcoins easily over email or text message
hippich (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 04:53:07 PM

I mean to call play unit "chip". On deposit/withdraw page tell player that he can obtain 100 chips for 1 bitcoin (same with withdraw). And on account page and on the table operate with chips.

Of course bitcoins still be the only payment option.

What do you think? I am really concerned about bitcoin price fluctuating a lot. And what was 6 cents 9 month ago now cost 8 bucks. And now 0.02 big blind is not that small...

hippich (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 04:53:47 PM

Added chips voting option

smartazz

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 04:59:17 PM

I think that bitmill sounds the most natural.
bearbones

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2011, 05:08:24 PM

I think that bitmill sounds the most natural.

It is shorter and less technical, which are both pluses.  I like it.  Smiley

Feed Ze Birds Pay and get paid for tweets
Coinapult Send Bitcoins easily over email or text message
teppy

Activity: 185
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 06:07:26 PM

We've been using Bitmill for a while now in Dragon's Tale. People seem to understand pretty naturally.

We also use Bitmicron for 1/1000000 of a Bitcoin, and will soon switch to Satoshi for 1/100000000 of a Bitcoin.

Teppy

Dragon's Tale is the longest running Bitcoin enterprise in the world.
hippich (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 06:08:42 PM

teppy, and how you deal with withdrawal? do you accept to withdraw less then 0.01 BTC?

teppy

Activity: 185
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 06:23:16 PM

teppy, and how you deal with withdrawal? do you accept to withdraw less then 0.01 BTC?

Right now, 0.01 BTC is the minimum withdrawal. It's also, right now, the minimum gift that any of the Soldier Statues give, so players can withdraw any gift right away.

The 0.01BTC gifts are getting sort of expensive - I think we gave away 25 BTC or so in the last week, and might be down net 12 BTC for the week. IOW, some people deposited BTC and played: Some won and took their winnings, some lost, some got free gifts and played with those, some took gifts and withdrew them.

I'll soon start doing a mix of <0.01BTC gifts, along with existing denominations (0.01, 0.05, 0.50, 5.00), and allowing smaller withdrawals. There will be a checkbox for the player withdrawing to pay a 0.01 BTC TX fee, and it will be permanently enabled for withdrawals <0.01 BTC. (Most nodes won't confirm transactions <0.01 BTC without a 0.01 BTC fee, correct?)

Teppy

Dragon's Tale is the longest running Bitcoin enterprise in the world.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: