Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:25:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Disagreement with member over sale, community input requested **UPDATED**  (Read 1417 times)
quakefiend420 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 06:25:18 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2014, 07:53:01 AM by quakefiend420

Please reserve judgement until blah01 posts his side of the story.  I've PMed him the link to this thread.

**UPDATE** blah01 has posted his side.

First, the escrow agreement, sent via PM from myself to blah01 and OgNasty:

PM Title: Escrow for 3 LEPA 1600 PSUs w/ blah01

I am buying the following from blah01 for .936 BTC, shipping included.

3x New in Box LEPA 1600w PSUs

.936 BTC sent to your public address in this transaction:
https://blockchain.info/tx/<TID here>

1% Escrow Fee paid in:

Once I have confirmed the arrival of my hardware, please release .936 BTC to blah01 at an address that he will provide.

Shipping address is:
redacted

Thanks!

What I received after he shipped 4 days later than originally agreed was 1 LEPA 1600 New in box, 1 LEPA 1600 with no box or retail accessories missing the required oversize power cable, and 1 Silverstone 1500w, also with no box and a pile of obviously used cabling.

Here are the FS/FT threads that led me to contact him:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=832803.msg9305271#msg9305271
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=798065.msg8976648#msg8976648

I was under the impression that he had a total of 3 LEPA 1600 PSUs, and was trying to trade one for a CPU/Mobo, and sell the other two.  That appears to have not been the case.

Original PM chain before I created the escrow agreement, only edits are to redact our personal information:

PM Title: Lepa 1600s

I see them selling on eBay for $75-120 or so.

If you can get the price cheap enough shipped to <my zipcode> I will take all 3 and you'll have money for your cpu/mobo.

I don't see any Brand New ones selling for that price. send me the links.

That's true, I'm looking at used ones, I don't see any new ones that sold.  New vs used makes little difference to me anyway on something like this.

Are you interested in cutting a deal on all 3?

of course that is what i am here for.  whats your offer?

$260 shipped for all 3?  You could get more on eBay, no doubt, but eBay/PayPal will take 13%.  And who knows how long all 3 will take to sell, this way they all go at once and you're done.  Plus the usual risk of people doing chargebacks, filing disputes, etc etc  Just trying to provide some justification for what I know is a significantly lower offer than what you were originally asking for.  I'm also in the <My city> area, so shipping should be reasonably cheap, you're in <His city>, IIRC, right?

yeah i know the usually shpeal about ebay.  ive given it many times. problem is I don't even consider ebay (because of their gouging and paypals weeks upon weeks to get the money lol) so i'm not really concerned with them.  260 shipped is too low my friend.  it will cost 20 bucks a piece to ship these things or close to (i just shipped a couple) so around 200 bucks for 3 brand new power supplies that are 300 a piece, I cant justify it. id rather sit on them and get even on the low end considerably more than that,  70 bucks each i would be robbing myself. hell a 500 watt power supply is that much.  Even used prices arent usually cutting the purchase cost by 75%. maybe 30-50% and thats used.

$30 to ship a 20X20X20 40lb box from <my guess at his zip>(took a guess at your Zip) to <My Zip> via USPS, just checked.

How about we bump it up to $290, that's $87 each with $30 to ship them.  So that's in line with the lower end of eBay sales and you don't pay eBay/PayPal fees.

I really can't go any higher than that, it's not like I'm in dire need of them, but I'm rotating mining gear constantly and I'm a sucker for a good deal on a badass PSU or three.

What do you say?

okay, I need 300 bucks right now so if you can give me 330.00 thats 100 bucks a piece and 30 for shipping I will do it.

I can do that.  Willing to ship first?  Others here have done that with me for higher value items(see trust) and I have well over 200 100% positive on eBay(<my ebay id>, message me and I'll reply to prove it's me) as well as 35 100% on HeatWare.

Let me know.

I would any other time, you certainly have fair enough credentials but i really need the money right now.  I do have a bit of positive feedback, i should have a lot more but don't always follow up after transactions, but i'm legit and wont take your money,  i have good ebay feedback as well (<his ebay id>) I would really appreciate if you could send me the funds.  Ill ship on Friday and send you over the tracking number.

Your eBay user shows to be located in <different state from where i thought he was>?  If you're not shipping first, escrow would be the only other way that I could do this, sorry.

yea i just moved to <our state> a couple months ago.  how about half and half? pay me half, Ill ship the whole package and upon receiving you can pay me the second half.  I am just trying to make my car payment and getting half immediately will allow me to pay it with my other bitcoin i have.  I know its not your issue but i'm legit. ive worked with both maidak and ognasty with escrows they can probably vouch for me.

Sorry, really need to do escrow or ship first.  If you can ship tomorrow they should be here by Friday.

go ahead and setup the escrow. Preferably someone well known on this forum.
OK, was going to escrow with ognasty.

Are you going to be able to ship tomorrow instead of Friday?

ognasty is fine and yea ill ship tomorrow. when i said friday i was thinking it was wednesday today lol

And now for our exchange on the escrow agreement, again the only edits are to redact personal info:

PM Title: Re: Escrow for 3 LEPA 1600 PSUs w/ blah01

I am buying the following from blah01 for .936 BTC, shipping included.

3x New in Box LEPA 1600w PSUs

.936 BTC sent to your public address in this transaction:

1% Escrow Fee paid in:

Once I have confirmed the arrival of my hardware, please release .936 BTC to blah01 at an address that he will provide.

Shipping address is:
<redacted>

Thanks!

Here is my BTC address.  Thanks.

Not seeing anything...

Me either. Please provide an address at your earliest convenience.

My mistake...

<his BTC address>

Finally got these today, only one of these is actually new in box, the other two just arrived like this:

https://i.imgur.com/dDJut8A.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/le07cRr.jpg

They are all brand new.  I had one brand new in box but took it out along with the cables that are in the bags to use to rma a power supply which they then sent me a brand new one in box. both the lepa's are brand new power supplies and brand new cables.  The Silverstone was rma and they sent me a brand new one, they did not fix the old one, however they sent just the new power supply so you got cables from the other one however most of those werent used at all. So there are probably only a couple of cables that are used out of the whole package.  

The images in your OP are of a complete new in box power supply with everything included.

The escrow agreement you agreed to is for 3 new in box power supplies.

These aren't new, they're used.  If you bought a brand new item from a store and the cables looked like this would you be satisfied that they sold you a brand new product?  https://i.imgur.com/9DgCFRB.jpg  If this was the packaging, would you call it brand new?   https://i.imgur.com/dDJut8A.jpg https://i.imgur.com/le07cRr.jpg

I'm not trying to split hairs with you man, but there's a pretty significant difference in resale value between two bare refurbished PSUs from RMA with used cabling and two that are new in the box.  I didn't get what we agreed to is the bottom line.  I'm not even holding it against you that you shipped 3 days later than you told me you would, because it wasn't in the escrow agreement even though we'd discussed it via PM.

Besides shipping me the missing power cable, what do we do to make right?

They are indeed brand new power supplies. A box has no baring on performance. I also never said "new in box" as you are stating and you can clearly see in the 3 or 4th post an actual picture of one of the power supplies which is indeed not in a box(even though its brand new) At one point, you had stated that you weren't concerned with whether they were brand new or used anyway.  Also, you paid 330.00 dollars which shipping was 50 bucks so 280.00 for 3 brand new 1600watt power supplies is paying a used price.  If I remember correctly you stated 80-120.00 dollars a piece you were seeing from ebay for USED power supplies.  New I believe was around 175.00.  The price you paid to me is directly in line with the used price, even though they are new, so I really don't see how I need to make it right.  I do understand my shipping lagged but I did ship them two day to compensate and I apologize for the missing power cable, I just moved so it must be in another box.  I am certainly not trying to get over on anyone, I just had some equipment I needed to sell because I needed some cash. They are indeed brand new, never used power supplies that you will have problems with and are still under warranty even if you did have problems.  A box isn't need to ship a problematic power supply back to company (just being informative, not suggestive)

I really don't understand why you shipped each one in a separate box, but that's why you paid $50 for shipping.  If you'd done it all in a single 32lb 20X20X14 box it would have been $30 and that's including $5 for packaging, as we quoted on USPS.com(<link to USPS.com showing shipping from his zip to my zip costing $25 for what they actually ended up weighing>).  You shipped regular Priority 2 day which is exactly what we quoted on USPS.com, so it's not like you upgraded out of your own pocket after being 3 days late.  Totally not my fault that you doubled your own shipping costs.

At the end of the day I'm simply stating what's in the escrow agreement and what's in your thread.  You did pull one out of the box and take a pic(at least, that's what I thought you were doing, seeing as your OP shows a brand new power supply in the box), but that doesn't tell me that you are only shipping me the bare PSUs, back from RMA(which is also not brand new) with used cabling on one and missing boxes on two.

Regardless of the pricing, you didn't ship me what we agreed upon.  That's why I said that there's something to make right.  Can you agree that there's a difference in resale value of bare PSU and used cabling vs a new in box item as it came from the factory?

I shipped in separate boxes because that is all I had.  I knew there would be a chance it would be more expensive than what you quoted. I was okay with that.  You say 2 day was exactly what WE quoted from USPS but you provided the quote not I, you didn't give a link or anything of that nature you just simply stated what you had found as seen "$30 to ship a 20X20X20 40lb box from <my guess at his zip>(took a guess at your Zip) to <my zip> via USPS, just checked." and I was fine with that.  So technically I never agreed to ship 2 day, but I did anyway.

I most certainly did ship what we agreed upon besides a missing power cable.  You have 1 brand new IN BOX LEPA, that was what was shipped back to me after I sent in my rma (using the other box from the other BRAND NEW LEPA.) They gave me a complete brand new setup even though I never shipped them cables.  The company stated they would either fix my power supply or send me a new one which it is very apparent that they sent a new one.  The Silvertek is also brand new as I rma'ed one to them as well.  They sent me back a brand new, different power supply than the one I sent them however they did not send it in box as I already have cables for it.  So you have two BRAND new lepas, 1 in box and 1 that was pulled out of the box (still never used or even hooked up which is apparent as the cables are in the bag) and 1 brand new silvertek.  If you need me to contact the company for me to provide proof that is fine but its going to take a few days.

I feel like you are splitting hairs here to try and get something else out of the deal. You got 900.00 dollars worth of power supplies for under 300.00 bucks.  That's a great deal and wouldn't even have sold so cheap if I didn't need the cash. If you ask me a missing box is completely worth and can be expected (especially since I included a picture of it out of box) and I know I would not be giving someone such a hard time over it.  Do the power supplies not work? Is there something not functioning about them?  These are things you should be concerned about.  as stated before you indeed paid used prices as seen:

"Quote from: blah01 on October 27, 2014, 04:53:22 AM
Quote from: quakefiend420 on October 27, 2014, 04:14:20 AM
I see them selling on eBay for $75-120 or so.

If you can get the price cheap enough shipped to <my zip> I will take all 3 and you'll have money for your cpu/mobo.

I don't see any Brand New ones selling for that price. send me the links.

That's true, I'm looking at used ones, I don't see any new ones that sold.  New vs used makes little difference to me anyway on something like this.

Are you interested in cutting a deal on all 3?"

I realize the ad isn't for used power supplies but I also didn't send you used power supplies.  If you assumed they were all in box that is really not my issue since it doesn't state they are in box and again I even included a picture showing it out of a box.  I am an honest guy and I feel like you are trying to get over on me somehow.  

I provided you with all the info you needed to get your own quote(and my guess on your zip was right, by the way), you could have easily duplicated my results on USPS.com in 45 seconds.  I guessed 40 lbs(you're the one with the hardware in front of you, not me), it appears that I guessed high based on the weight of what arrived, so I adjusted my quote from a moment ago to show what you would have paid had you shipped in a single box.  I'm really not interested in discussing shipping any further as it's irrelevant to the escrow agreement as it wasn't included(note to self, include that in the agreement next time).

When I said that "new vs used makes very little difference", that was in the context of having little bearing on what I'll offer based on comparable pricing(which is going to be based on the lower end of used), not that I'm ok with not receiving what we agreed to.  If these PSUs were not new in box, why did you agree to an escrow for 3 new in box supplies?  In the escrow agreement I plainly stated new in box, and you made no attempt to correct me.  I'm not trying to get over on you, but look at it from my perspective.  In your thread you say new and post pictures of the entire setup, box and all.   The escrow agreement says new in box.  And what I got was one new in box and the other two not.  And you're surprised that I'm not ok with that?

Wait a minute here, I just noticed this.

"The Silvertek is also brand new as I rma'ed one to them as well.  They sent me back a brand new, different power supply than the one I sent them however they did not send it in box as I already have cables for it.  So you have two BRAND new lepas, 1 in box and 1 that was pulled out of the box (still never used or even hooked up which is apparent as the cables are in the bag) and 1 brand new silvertek."

I just unwrapped the 3rd PSU unit itself from the bubble wrap(I hadn't done that yet, as we were still arguing about this issue) and I just realized that you didn't even send me 3 LEPAs, you sent me 2 LEPAs and a Silverstone.

This is getting ridiculous.

The ad clearly stated it was 2 Lepas and 1 Silvertek. I am not sure how that is even in question.  It sounds like you made assumptions that you probably shouldn't have.  Also, you can clearly see the first pictures are stock photos just showing what the product is.  Hence the picture included after of an out of box psu.   You can spend the money to ship me back my equipment and then get your money back from OgNasty after I have received them or you can accept the equipment and Ill send you the power cable (which i may have to buy since I may have lost it in the move.) This is going to drive what I made on them down even more.  Those are the options. I don't want to be out the shipping cost and I am sure you don't want to be either but I have nothing to offer you to "make it right" and I am not going to lose any more money by lowering the price as you already got a really good deal. Let me know what you want to do  

You've got two threads going, one to trade a single LEPA for a motherboard and CPU, and another to sell two outright.  I thought you had 3 LEPAs, which is why I PMed you with the title LEPA 1600s, and asked if you wanted to work a deal on all 3.  I thought you had 3.  Hence why I stated 3 LEPAs in the escrow agreement and also in the title of the PM containing the escrow agreement, I didn't realize that you had multiple threads going for the same hardware.  Per the rules of the Marketplace you should tag your thread as closed.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3629.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=832803.msg9305271#msg9305271

I'm not paying return shipping because you can't read a title and 6 lines of text in an escrow agreement.

I think we've reached an impasse, ognasty, would you like to weigh in? <NOTE: ognasty declined to weigh in stating that he can't be a mediator, and understanding why I've started this thread to get community input>

A. my other thread has nothing to do with it.  You can clearly see in the thread that you saw, that I had 2 Lepas for sale and 1 silvertek, it is stated several times.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=798065.msg9341455#msg9341455

B. You blame me for not being able to read your escrow agreement, yet you have clearly failed to read my thread.  So i'll level with you, misunderstandings were made on both our parts and you still have great equipment for a great deal that is going to do exactly what you want.  Save both of us the shipping money and the headaches and accept the equipment

I didn't fail to read your thread, I just didn't realize that you were reposting the same hardware in multiple threads.  I titled the PM that I initially sent you LEPAs, and even mentioned that selling me all 3 would fund your CPU/Mobo combo that you wanted, surely you were aware that I'd seen both threads?

Here's the bottom line.

You failed to include one of the proprietary power cables and were guilt tripping me stating that it costs you even more money to get another one.  How on Earth is that my problem?

You didn't ship what was listed in plain text in the escrow agreement:
  A. Two were not new in box
  B. One isn't even a LEPA.

Seeing as we made the agreement Tuesday night and you didn't ship until Saturday you had a whole 4 days to correct any misconceptions in the escrow agreement and didn't.  Speaking of shipping, you even tried to guilt me that you overspent due to your decision to ship in 3 separate boxes and that you somehow were really nice to ship using the "faster" shipping method that was what I quoted on USPS to start with.

Until just now you seemed completely unwilling to even accept responsibility that there was anything wrong on your side save for the missing power cable.

I don't disagree with you on the functionality/usability of the PSUs as they are now vs. being in a retail box(minus the missing cable, of course).  That being said, the resale value is quite different, as I'm sure you can surely recognize.  My plan was to resell two on eBay to hopefully get the 3rd for free or close to it, I don't mind dealing with the eBay hassle/risks as I'm a powerseller and used to it.  I don't think that I'll quite be doing that now, but I can at least sell the one that's NIB.

I'm tired of the back and forth and am ready to end this exchange.  How about I agree to release .8 to you and I'll order my own power cable with some of the remainder.  I'll need to test these to make sure they work before releasing, of course.

There was no guilt tripping involved.  I was merely stating facts of the situation. I already took responsibility for the added shipping costs and never put that on you.

You are again assuming by trying to put two of my threads together.  One was for a trade, the other was to sell them outright, that really isn't unclear.  The thread states 2 Lepa's and 1 silvertek.  I am supposed to read into your misconception because of the title you put on the message to me?  You are really being unreasonable

There is no way you wont resell the psu's and make your money back as you yourself already stated "used" prices are 75-120.00 which used don't usually have boxes and you bought these psu's for used prices so you will still make your money even though they arent used power supplies.  If I had charged you 175.00 or somewhere around "new" 3rd party prices you could maybe have a foot to stand on. however you don't because you got them for 100 bucks a piece which is a deal.  

How much do you think a power cable costs?  45 bucks? doubtful.  The original price was .936 I will take .86 that's valuing a power cable at 25.00 bucks. (you are such a power ebay user i'm sure you will find one much cheaper)

I would also like to point out at no point was I belligerent or disrespectful. I cannot say the same for you.  You got an outstanding deal and are complaining about boxes.  Lets be done with this I grow tired of you.

The only time that I became even slightly belligerent was when you advised me "You can do this, or that, and those are your two options." as though i had no say in the matter.  That being said, I stand by my reply that I should not be responsible for return shipping because you didn't read the escrow agreement, although I perhaps could have been less snarky with my wording.

I have to pay 13% eBay/PayPal fees on top of that $75-120 per unit, and I'm not interested in taking on the headache of selling all 3 individually just to maybe make back what I spent on them if I'm lucky.  I offered under your asking price to provide you the convenience of you getting rid of them all at once and getting a quick sale, not so that I could do your legwork for you after the fact by selling them individually for what I paid for them or a bit less.

The .136 was not only to cover the cable that you failed to include, but a small offset in the value vs what I paid you for and what I received.

I'm starting a thread to get community feedback and will send you a link so that you can tell your side.

tl;dr

My issue here is that I was expecting 3 identical new in box supplies that I could sell two of for $150-160 or so each and get to keep one for free/cheap for my troubles after shipping/eBay fees.  Instead what I have is only one that meets that criteria and 2 used/not in box supplies with one missing the huge beefy power cable(normally I wouldn't care about this, but this isn't a standard PC power cable due to the size of the PSUs and the type of connection on the rear of the PSU) that I basically paid eBay prices for even though I bought a quantity and one that isn't even the same brand or wattage as the other two.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blah01

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:39:56 AM

well everything is in his pm's it appears that he linked so I really don't have to say much.  Make your own judgement.

A. He used two different For Sale threads to ASSUME that I had 3 lepas. One ad was a for trade and the other was for a straight sale. They are not the same thread.  The For Sale ad clearly states 2 Lepas and 1 Silvertek, multiple times. (also, they are very equal power supplies, I actually like the Silverteks better)

B. He ASSUMED they were new in box although no where on the For Sale thread (or the trade thread for that matter) does it say NEW IN BOX. It clearly states brand new power supplies. I linked stock photos to show the product and then clearly sent a picture of a power supply OUT OF BOX.

C. He got a great deal. At the time he paid 330.00 for 2 day shipping and 3 outstanding power supplies that are 300.00 bucks a piece.  Not being in a box doesn't change performance.  He didn't pay second hand new prices of 175.00 and up, he paid second hand used prices (75.00-120.00 his words) for brand new power supplies and is complaining because he now can't sell them for the brand new in box prices.

D. I did forget to include a power cable, it was a mistake and I admitted to it and told him I would ship one to him or would buy one if I couldn't find the one.  Also, most of the cables I included that were out of box and not in brand new unopened packaging as the others were, are indeed brand new and only a couple used and I even included more than what comes in a standard pack because I no longer needed them.

E. I did ship a couple of days late.  

Now, is it really necessary I take off more money than I already have? The sale price was an outstanding price, no one can deny that and they are indeed brand new power supplies and they are all in working order and still under warranty.  I am an honest guy just trying to make a sale of some equipment I had because I need some money.  I didn't try to get over on anyone and this guy seems to think I owe him something.  

Oh and I even agreed to come down on the price a little bit more to end this argument and to compensate for the cable that is missing since he proposed a new price.  I merely countered, less than half way on my end, and he is still wanting more. I feel like he is trying to split hairs to get over on me and get something else out of the deal.  How much do you guys think these power supplies are worth?

and on a side note: I am completely amazed it has come down to a thread posting....
quakefiend420 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:41:54 AM

well everything is in his pm's it appears that he linked so I really don't have to say much.  Make your own judgement.

A. He used two different For Sale threads to ASSUME that I had 3 lepas. One ad was a for trade and the other was for a straight sale. They are not the same thread.  The For Sale ad clearly states 2 Lepas and 1 Silvertek, multiple times. (also, they are very equal power supplies, I actually like the Silverteks better)

B. He ASSUMED they were new in box although no where on the For Sale thread (or the trade thread for that matter) does it say NEW IN BOX. It clearly states brand new power supplies. I linked stock photos to show the product and then clearly sent a picture of a power supply OUT OF BOX.

C. He got a great deal. At the time he paid 330.00 for 2 day shipping and 3 outstanding power supplies that are 300.00 bucks a piece.  Not being in a box doesn't change performance.  He didn't pay second hand new prices of 175.00 and up, he paid second hand used prices (75.00-120.00 his words) for brand new power supplies and is complaining because he now can't sell them for the brand new in box prices.

D. I did forget to include a power cable, it was a mistake and I admitted to it and told him I would ship one to him or would buy one if I couldn't find the one.  Also, most of the cables I included that were out of box and not in brand new unopened packaging as the others were, are indeed brand new and only a couple used and I even included more than what comes in a standard pack because I no longer needed them.

E. I did ship a couple of days late. 

Now, is it really necessary I take off more money than I already have? The sale price was an outstanding price, no one can deny that and they are indeed brand new power supplies and they are all in working order and still under warranty.  I am an honest guy just trying to make a sale of some equipment I had because I need some money.  I didn't try to get over on anyone and this guy seems to think I owe him something. 

Oh and I even agreed to come down on the price a little bit more to end this argument and to compensate for the cable that is missing since he proposed a new price.  I merely countered, less than half way on my end, and he is still wanting more. I feel like he is trying to split hairs to get over on me and get something else out of the deal.  How much do you guys think these power supplies are worth?

Thanks, updated the title to **UPDATED** so anyone who already popped in can see that your post is here now.
quakefiend420 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:45:12 AM

and on a side note: I am completely amazed it has come down to a thread posting....

This was at ognasty's suggestion, as he is unable to function as a mediator, which I can understand.  We've been back and forth on PMs all day, I don't think we're going to get any further than we have already.
blackheart13

Activity: 426

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:03:12 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2014, 08:42:24 AM by blackheart13

I feel that going down to .86 is fair.  However you should have the option to return them if you want.  
If you didn't want them I would be fine purchasing them for the .936.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 12:17:06 PM

I feel that going down to .86 is fair.  However you should have the option to return them if you want.  

Seems like a good solution...

Regardless of how good the deal was, you have to send what was advertised. OP might have wanted them retail boxed for resale purposes. You did get these for a steal though  Tongue

Edit: always use pictures when selling goods...then there is no surprises.
warrensgun

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

Mining since bitcoin was $1

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 12:42:03 PM

Brand New means Brand New - means new sealed unopened or possibly if they were opened, they were simply removed from the box for photographing purposes and never used, never plugged in and include all cabling and standard accessories including the stupid crap that manufacturers put in the box that none of us care about. 

Like New would be lightly used but still complete

After that you'd be down to very good and stating the missing accessories. 

I don't have a dog in this fight - just putting out there what Brand New means.

RMA refurb replacements would not be brand new... they would be manufacturer refurbished. 

quakefiend420 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:47:14 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2014, 05:00:08 PM by quakefiend420

Regardless of how good the deal was, you have to send what was advertised. OP might have wanted them retail boxed for resale purposes. You did get these for a steal though  Tongue

This is exactly what I was doing, not having the retail packaging drops my resale value pretty noticeably, even if it doesn't affect the usability of the PSU itself.  Also yes, it's not like I a got a bad deal, I'm just irked that I didn't get what we agreed upon and he doesn't seem to think that there's anything wrong with that.  Instead of a simple "you're right, I didn't send what's in the escrow agreement", I'm basically getting "well, you got a good deal and it cost me more than expected to ship it, and it's going to cost me more to get the cable i didn't send, so suck it up".  

Brand New means Brand New - means new sealed unopened or possibly if they were opened, they were simply removed from the box for photographing purposes and never used, never plugged in and include all cabling and standard accessories including the stupid crap that manufacturers put in the box that none of us care about.  

RMA refurb replacements would not be brand new... they would be manufacturer refurbished.  

That was also my feelings on the matter, in my opinion they were misdescribed from the get-go.  Combine them being described as being brand new along with a stock photo showing the entire retail setup, and I think it's understandable how I came to the conclusion of what was being offered.  The fact that they were refurbs from RMA was never even mentioned until after the fact when he was still defending them as brand new.

At the end of the day, I don't feel like blah01 is intentionally trying to get away with anything, I just don't think that we're at all on the same page about the definition of brand new, and I'm guessing he just overlooked that I thought that I was getting 3 LEPAs (and wrote it into the escrow agreement based on that) and not 2 LEPAs and a Silverstone.  I suppose that I should have been more specific in the initial PM thread that I thought that we were talking about 3 LEPAs, but even though I failed to do that, surely listing it multiple times in the escrow agreement that was out there for 4 days before shipment allowed him ample opportunity to correct my misconception?

That being said, I also don't really think that I should have to be the one to cover return shipping in this situation.  I know that he doesn't want to be out $50+return shipping, which is why I'm trying to make a deal for a small amount off.

I initially proposed $45 back, guessing it's going to run me $15 or so to get a new cable, and then $15 back per PSU that wasn't as described.  Considering that the difference in resale value for me is more like $50-60 per unit, I think that was more than fair.  But instead what I get back is a snarky reply about how I should be able to find a power cable for cheap since i'm "such a power ebay user", and I'm overvaluing it.

In all honesty, if he had just admitted from the start that he didn't send what was agreed upon and said "sorry about that", I probably would have been content to settle for a couple bucks back and to wait on the cable from him.  Instead what I got was constant deflection and defense and justification that because I got such a great deal, that I had no room to complain about not receiving what was listed in the agreement and even using the fact that he overpaid for shipping by shipping in 3 separate boxes instead of one to claim that I paid less per unit for the PSUs "Also, you paid 330.00 dollars which shipping was 50 bucks so 280.00 for 3 brand new 1600watt power supplies is paying a used price. ".

Thanks for the feedback guys.
blah01

Activity: 291

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:01:32 PM

This is exactly what I was doing, not having the retail packaging drops my resale value pretty noticeably, even if it doesn't affect the usability of the PSU itself.  Also yes, it's not like I a got a bad deal, I'm just irked that I didn't get what we agreed upon and he doesn't seem to think that there's anything wrong with that.  Instead of a simple "you're right, I didn't send what's in the escrow agreement", I'm basically getting "well, you got a good deal and it cost me more than expected to ship it, and it's going to cost me more to get the cable i didn't send, so suck it up".  

That was also my feelings on the matter, in my opinion they were misdescribed from the get-go.  Combine them being described as being brand new along with a stock photo showing the entire retail setup, and I think it's understandable how I came to the conclusion of what was being offered.  The fact that they were refurbs from RMA was never even mentioned until after the fact when he was still defending them as brand new.

At the end of the day, I don't feel like blah01 is intentionally trying to get away with anything, I just don't think that we're at all on the same page about the definition of brand new, and I'm guessing he just overlooked that I thought that I was getting 3 LEPAs (and wrote it into the escrow agreement based on that) and not 2 LEPAs and a Silverstone.  I suppose that I should have been more specific in the initial PM thread that I thought that we were talking about 3 LEPAs, but even though I failed to do that, surely listing it multiple times in the escrow agreement that was out there for 4 days before shipment allowed him ample opportunity to correct my misconception?

That being said, I also don't really think that I should have to be the one to cover return shipping in this situation.  I know that he doesn't want to be out $50+return shipping, which is why I'm trying to make a deal for a small amount off.

I'm proposing $45 back, guessing it's going to run me $15 or so to get a new cable, and then $15 back per PSU that wasn't as described.  Considering that the difference in resale value for me is more like $50-60 per unit, I think that's more than fair.  But instead what I get back is a snarky reply about how I should be able to find a power cable for cheap since i'm "such a power ebay user", and I'm overvaluing it.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Both Blackheart and Blazedout have done a MASSIVE amount of buying and selling on this forum.  They both think .86 is fair to end this deal.  Release the .86 and this can be over. 

squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:42:15 PM

If I was doing this escrow I would offer the option to ship back and split the shipping,

But I see no problem in just accepting the 0.86 and just call it a day.
quakefiend420 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:45:55 PM

If I was doing this escrow I would offer the option to ship back and split the shipping,

That's 3 people now, I'll go with that, then.  Going to test all 3 right quick and will reach out via PM to release the .86.

Thanks everyone!
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:50:08 PM

That's 3 people now, I'll go with that, then.  Going to test all 3 right quick and will reach out via PM to release the .86.

Thanks everyone!

Glad I was helpful, To be honest, It is still a bargain, blah01, I know it sounds cliché but try and use pics and describe everything as best as possible, I think this is not a bad situation and is amicable for both sides to just sweep this under the rug and get on with it.
eagle_eyes

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 06:38:20 PM

IMO buyer screwed seller.

Buyer intimated it was for his personal use "I'm rotating mining gear constantly and I'm a sucker for a good deal on a badass PSU or three." and goes onto say he doesn't mind new or used [because of this]

Which is why seller after being informed buyer in fact is trying to resell them as new, cannot understand it all. If buyer intimates it is for personal use and doesn't mind new or used, seller drops his ordinary guard about explicitly stating there is no box, these are fresh returns from RMA whatever.

Buyer lulled seller into understanding that BNIB is not a big deal to him because he is constantly rotating his gear and appreciates a good deal.

All of which seller provided. Not BNIB and a very good deal.

I really can't go any higher than that, it's not like I'm in dire need of them, but I'm rotating mining gear constantly and I'm a sucker for a good deal on a badass PSU or three.

That's true, I'm looking at used ones, I don't see any new ones that sold.  New vs used makes little difference to me anyway on something like this.

IMO buyers sneakery to secure a quick good deal under the guise of personal use, backfired when in fact he wanted to resell them as brand new all along.
quakefiend420 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:26:18 PM

IMO buyer screwed seller.

Buyer intimated it was for his personal use "I'm rotating mining gear constantly and I'm a sucker for a good deal on a badass PSU or three." and goes onto say he doesn't mind new or used [because of this]

Which is why seller after being informed buyer in fact is trying to resell them as new, cannot understand it all. If buyer intimates it is for personal use and doesn't mind new or used, seller drops his ordinary guard about explicitly stating there is no box, these are fresh returns from RMA whatever.

Buyer lulled seller into understanding that BNIB is not a big deal to him because he is constantly rotating his gear and appreciates a good deal.

All of which seller provided. Not BNIB and a very good deal.

IMO buyers sneakery to secure a quick good deal under the guise of personal use, backfired when in fact he wanted to resell them as brand new all along.

I meant new or used so far as what I'd use as comps to decide what I'd pay, not that I'd be ok with receiving used gear when I was promised new.

I do rotate gear constantly, as in I'm always buying and selling.

My intentions to resell, use them, or fire them from a cannon are irrelevant to the seller delivering what was agreed upon.

I'm not trying to "lure" the seller into sending anything except what's in plain text in the escrow agreement.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: