Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:04:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 128899 times)
syscooling

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 07:21:26 AM

Bought everything as a kit. I called the Colorado support facility and the guy said all he can do is have me ship my entire system over to them and they will find out what is wrong with it and fix, no matter what it is. So I lose a couple weeks mining, big deal, and have to pay to ship that and my cooling system to Colorado. Hey, at least their willing to help. What's BitmainWarranty going to do? They would have probably told me to do the same thing. Only thing that bothers me is having to pay shipping for an in warranty product. I'll remember that next time when wave of new hardware comes a along. Other companies provide you shipping labels.

WHAT IS OUR RADIATOR MADE OUT OF? THE ONE THAT CAME WITH THE KIT? ALUMINUM OR COPPER?

[BitmainWarranty is the Denver, Colorado centre, calling in is just a quicker way to contact them]. I think it is the best solution to return it now, as whatever stuff is growing in that loop will be all up inside those blocks as well. I'm here to see if we can help people remotely without having to ship stuff across a country / continent as then everyone loses out.

They usually do provide labels but I guess its a bit of a confusing situation for them - let me know after its all completed if you're still out of pocket and I'll try and get it sorted.

My guess is copper.  They have always been very careful to say to use coolant not water.  That and it looks a copper "PD360" on their site we got: http://www.syscooling.com/products/Radiators/54.html .   The two aluminum radiator's they show selling are much smaller then the one with kit.

I could be wrong if they used a specialty one for miners, but I'm highly guessing its their standard.

Yes, you have to assume its copper or there are copper components. In several points in the listings (all changed by now) there has been a mention of copper on both the radiator and the fittings [internal coating]. You can see within the chamber of the radiator that there is definitely some form of dark orange coating, which may be brass or copper. So tldr, be safe and assume there is copper and aluminium within the same loop.

Just so we know and question can be answered completely are you able to confirm with syscooling that it is their copper version that is used for the kit? Thank you in advance.
The radiator SC-BC1 watercooling kits uses is aluminum.PD360 radator is copper,only PD series radiator is copper.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
syscooling

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:19:01 AM

Syscooling, at what pressure did you test the waterblocks for c1? psi, bar, kPa?

Need to know for my c1 & water boiler project!
0.3MPa.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:23:31 AM

Thank you very much! Smiley
syscooling

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:00:01 AM

Thank you very much! Smiley
Cool

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 10:08:39 AM

Syscooling, at what pressure did you test the waterblocks for c1? psi, bar, kPa?

0.3MPa.

Did you manage that with barb fittings still, or was that with compression fittings?

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 10:10:53 AM

My guess is copper.  They have always been very careful to say to use coolant not water.  That and it looks a copper "PD360" on their site we got: http://www.syscooling.com/products/Radiators/54.html .   The two aluminum radiator's they show selling are much smaller then the one with kit.

I could be wrong if they used a specialty one for miners, but I'm highly guessing its their standard.

Yes, you have to assume its copper or there are copper components. In several points in the listings (all changed by now) there has been a mention of copper on both the radiator and the fittings [internal coating]. You can see within the chamber of the radiator that there is definitely some form of dark orange coating, which may be brass or copper. So tldr, be safe and assume there is copper and aluminium within the same loop.

Any luck finding out what the radiator is made out of?

See below. Suggesting its all aluminium, so the coatings we see must be brass [which is fine].

The radiator SC-BC1 watercooling kits uses is aluminum.PD360 radator is copper,only PD series radiator is copper.

opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 06:59:43 PM

Bought everything as a kit. I called the Colorado support facility and the guy said all he can do is have me ship my entire system over to them and they will find out what is wrong with it and fix, no matter what it is. So I lose a couple weeks mining, big deal, and have to pay to ship that and my cooling system to Colorado. Hey, at least their willing to help. What's BitmainWarranty going to do? They would have probably told me to do the same thing. Only thing that bothers me is having to pay shipping for an in warranty product. I'll remember that next time when wave of new hardware comes a along. Other companies provide you shipping labels.

WHAT IS OUR RADIATOR MADE OUT OF? THE ONE THAT CAME WITH THE KIT? ALUMINUM OR COPPER?

[BitmainWarranty is the Denver, Colorado centre, calling in is just a quicker way to contact them]. I think it is the best solution to return it now, as whatever stuff is growing in that loop will be all up inside those blocks as well. I'm here to see if we can help people remotely without having to ship stuff across a country / continent as then everyone loses out.

They usually do provide labels but I guess its a bit of a confusing situation for them - let me know after its all completed if you're still out of pocket and I'll try and get it sorted.

Just so we know and question can be answered completely are you able to confirm with syscooling that it is their copper version that is used for the kit? Thank you in advance.

Still confused. The kit comes with the PD360, which is copper. And you just said, "watercooling kits uses is aluminum".

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 07:04:07 PM

DO NOT buy the IRONSIDE coolant. I have algae growing in my god damn bottle and it is only several weeks old! The top has always been secure and out of sunlight. It should be removed from the suggestion of coolant to buy. My father's three C1's all have algae in his loop and he's going for plain old distilled water and silver. That coolant is horrible. Now he has to find something to clean out the inside of the radiator and C1 before putting it back together. He thought of bleach, but that's a corrosive really. There is that white algae film on the inside walls of everything, including the radiator.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
macgyver007

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:00:33 PM

Im wondering when we will get an updated version of firmware for this miner, including a fix for the 2275MHz option  Shocked
Evan

Activity: 507

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:28:31 PM

Im wondering when we will get an updated version of firmware for this miner, including a fix for the 2275MHz option  Shocked
\

Or Fix so we can change the balancing of the pools

Or update it so its default isnt 218.75....

or a host of other things......

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
syscooling

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:20:16 AM

0.3MPa.

Did you manage that with barb fittings still, or was that with compression fittings?
Sorry I don't know what is barb fitting or compression fitting Smiley.We test pumps and radiators with air compressor,put them in water partly or wholly to see whether there is bubble getting out,whole process is about 10 seconds.

syscooling

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:21:17 AM

See below. Suggesting its all aluminium, so the coatings we see must be brass [which is fine].

You see coatings?Could you show me a picture?

syscooling

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:24:13 AM

Still confused. The kit comes with the PD360, which is copper. And you just said, "watercooling kits uses is aluminum".

It is AT360(batch 1) or 36S-8(batch 2),PD360 is much thicker.

Sakarias-Corporation

Activity: 574

Call me Alice. just Alice.

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 06:32:11 AM

how any GH/S can you get +++ from a overlock ?

mavericklm

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 06:56:08 AM

how any GH/S can you get +++ from a overlock ?

our colleague asks about overclock, what about underclock and undervolt?
thx!
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 10:18:58 PM

I guess this is the most expensive miner I ever had. Bought four of them, two with the syscooling set, two without. The two without are working without any problem.
The first one with a cooling set had a broken pump. It was replaced. And died today. The second pump lived for about a week and then started to show fissures, loosing cooling liquid and then died.

So after all, I bought two new pumps with a shop in Europe, lost money not only by losing time for mining, but also by replacing the pumps.
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 11:34:34 PM

I guess this is the most expensive miner I ever had. Bought four of them, two with the syscooling set, two without. The two without are working without any problem.
The first one with a cooling set had a broken pump. It was replaced. And died today. The second pump lived for about a week and then started to show fissures, loosing cooling liquid and then died.

So after all, I bought two new pumps with a shop in Europe, lost money not only by losing time for mining, but also by replacing the pumps.

I totally agree with you. It is expensive, but today there is still more expensive to buy.
I paid for the six-C1 8.2 BTC + 517 USD for 6 syscooling set.

Today, I should to pay 11.214 BTC for 6x C1 with 6 cooling set or
9.197 BTC for 6 x C1 + $517 from 6 syscooling set.

And it is still cheap kit to build a  water-cooled S5

syscooling

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 02:28:09 AM

Sorry about that,you could kindly send emails to watercooling@ysun.net

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 07:20:12 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2015, 07:52:16 AM by notlist3d

Can you link to the radiator's selling page on your site that was sent with batch one please?  With the 3 fan setup I just do not see a option on your site besides the PD (copper) option.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 02:12:20 PM

You see coatings?Could you show me a picture?

Like the picture on your site, its golden in the threads and in the lower chambers. http://www.syscooling.com/products/Radiators/54.html. Looks exactly like my very early batch 1.

Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: