Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:46:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this good?  (Read 2531 times)
AviThour (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:29:52 AM

Hello

I just connected my Laptop and PC on ghash pool and here are some stats:
http://s11.postimg.org/cpx31jkhf/speed.png

I dont know about mining speed required and things, can anyone tell me that how much Bitcoins i can earn per hour from that speed?
Thanks.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 09:37:05 AM

You can do it easily yourself: https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
AviThour (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 09:43:31 AM

You can do it easily yourself: https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator
Can you tell me whats my hash speed per second? Thanks.
Newar
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 09:45:38 AM

As per your screen shot:

worker2: 718.33 Mh/s
worker1: 239.44 Mh/s

Note that that calculator defaults to Gh/s, but you can change it, by clicking on it.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 11:58:25 AM

Do ROI math but sadly GPU/CPU is dead for most.    You need a asic for mining.    If you are mining BTC on a regular computer it will be very slow to make anything, and will use more electricity then you make.
Syntax12

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 01:24:22 AM

yes this is goo
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 03:54:20 AM

Looks accurate for desktop and laptop hashrates, however with hashrates like that it isn't worth running. You won't ever make anything with those kinds of speeds mining Bitcoin.
AviThour (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 07:40:35 AM

Looks accurate for desktop and laptop hashrates, however with hashrates like that it isn't worth running. You won't ever make anything with those kinds of speeds mining Bitcoin.
How much hashrate i need to get 0.1 BTC everyday?
Newar
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 07:44:22 AM

Just increase the "Hash Rate" value on the calculator until you see the desired result.

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

FattyMcButterpants

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 08:08:04 AM

I don't think this is a traditional computer mining, AFAIK there is not any desktop that can mine in excess of 100 MH/s, I don't think that even a GPU rig could mine at these speeds. I would speculate the OP is using an ASIC from the very early days of ASICs
Newar
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 08:57:20 AM

I don't think this is a traditional computer mining, AFAIK there is not any desktop that can mine in excess of 100 MH/s, I don't think that even a GPU rig could mine at these speeds. I would speculate the OP is using an ASIC from the very early days of ASICs

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Non-specialized_hardware_comparison

reports speeds of ~700 MH/s for a number of cards listed, i.e. a single 5970 or 6990. So, why not?

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 01:48:14 PM

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Non-specialized_hardware_comparison

reports speeds of ~700 MH/s for a number of cards listed, i.e. a single 5970 or 6990. So, why not?

I would agree 700 is very doable for some cards.  I was getting it on some a while back when i still did GPU's.

Even at 700 it will use more electricity then it produces these days.
AviThour (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 01:56:55 PM

I dont have any ASIC.. Just using Laptop and Computer with GPU.
guitarplinker
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 02:17:17 PM

Many GPU's are able to hash in excess of 100MH/s. For example a 7850 is able to hash anywhere from 300-400MH/s, so 100MH/s is quite doable.
FattyMcButterpants

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 05:54:54 PM

Many GPU's are able to hash in excess of 100MH/s. For example a 7850 is able to hash anywhere from 300-400MH/s, so 100MH/s is quite doable.
Wow that is a lot more then my crappy macbook air can do. I assume that in order to reach these speeds you would need to not be using your GPU for video, correct (you would need a separate video card to connect your monitor to)
guitarplinker
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 10:00:22 PM

Wow that is a lot more then my crappy macbook air can do. I assume that in order to reach these speeds you would need to not be using your GPU for video, correct (you would need a separate video card to connect your monitor to)
I believe I achieved about 350MH/s on my 7850 while it was the main GPU outputting video and I had it over 400 with a major OC, but that probably wouldn't have been a good idea to run 24/7.
FattyMcButterpants

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:15:09 PM

I believe I achieved about 350MH/s on my 7850 while it was the main GPU outputting video and I had it over 400 with a major OC, but that probably wouldn't have been a good idea to run 24/7.
Why were people not mining on scrypt based multipools with their GPUs more if their GPUs are able to achieve such high amounts of hashrate? You could easily stack them to get well over 1 GH/s which would have earned you ridiculous amounts of money even early this year.
tonidin

Activity: 361
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:54:19 PM

Why were people not mining on scrypt based multipools with their GPUs more if their GPUs are able to achieve such high amounts of hashrate? You could easily stack them to get well over 1 GH/s which would have earned you ridiculous amounts of money even early this year.
i agree, thats really big hashrate if are from gpu's
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:59:53 PM

9TH/s  [9000GH/s]
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:40:34 AM

i agree, thats really big hashrate if are from gpu's

Depends on GPU.  Before I got out of GPU's the 7970's Easily hit 600 and some 700 is really great config, and card type.  Not all were the same quality.  Also you pushed them pretty hard to do it.
Newar
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 05:33:20 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2014, 08:07:46 AM by Newar

The timing was a bit off. BTC-ASIC entered the market and GPU farms changed to that to stay ontop. Multipools only started a little later, but by then many had already switched to ASIC and there's only so much power you can have at a location without major upgrades (=$$$).

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 07:40:36 PM

I dont know about mining speed required and things, can anyone tell me that how much Bitcoins i can earn per hour from that speed?

You can search on the web:  http://www.bitcoin.org. It is so ok for your question.thanks

From 2 video cards very small.  Also do ROI most GPU mining cost more then it brings.  And I have not heard of anyone for a long time ROI when paying for cards  mine with.
andyawhite25

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 10:04:59 AM

Hello

I just connected my Laptop and PC on ghash pool and here are some stats:
http://s11.postimg.org/cpx31jkhf/speed.png

Thanks.

Is looks like your using things that bring you nowhere...as you need to increase you harsh rate and i believe it to  would agree 700 is very doable for some cards.and reading other replies is very educational..BTC
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: