Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:19:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOXT] - NobleNXT Proposal/Whitepaper - Noble's 1st Colored Coin  (Read 194164 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 10:17:13 AM

Wow its funny how things play around here, almost had a heart attack reading my dm! Smiley cant wait to play with this app. Good job Rofo , glad you came through in the end. Smiley

Yeah, I am just baking my humble pie right now...

Well, glad it seems to be turning out in a positive way! Smiley

Though, I cannot blame anyone here for their questions and general sceptisism after this amount of time. Every other coin would have way more flaming and fights much much earlier on in the timeline.

Can't wait to try out the app Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 03:38:03 AM

If you have sent me your gmail email Google Play would like you to know the invite will take up to 3 hours from now.

Beta
Please understand this is a beta, however all orders will be fulfilled. My current priority is coding a better process for address generation, rate exchange and getting order confirmation time down to <10 minutes. This will ensure all currencies (>45) are available 99% of the time and I can increase limits from $5-$100 to $5-$1000. Right now half the addresses are generated in a unique manner while the rest are generated via other payment services. I want to get this completely automated so I can focus on new utility/services rather than processing orders.

Bugs & improvements
There are still minor bugs and things I consider imperfect, but be assured because it is now accessible to a wider group of people I will take into account and appreciate all reports of issues. Tell me 'this part is crap' or 'broken for me' and I won't bite. My desire to squash imperfections will become obvious with the consistent updates that will be pushed to fix any problems. There are many aspects I want to and am improving, not just on the front-end, but at the same time I understand I can't work indefinitely on this until I feel it is perfect.

I am looking for device-specific display errors or just general hiccups, some feedback and what utility is specifically desired. I have added a new button to the front containing all current development to-do's and features incoming in next patches (0.1a will be out around Sunday and address immediate concerns. This will make it easier for you to see what is being worked on.

Bounties will be rewarded for helping/bug-hunting on a case-by-case basis.

Products
It's also important to me and this service that gift cards are soon joined by bullion (which is a global option, not just Australia), so we're not 'just another gift-card app'. I don't want to pigeon-hole Noble in to seeming like an Australian-only option, there is just utility there I can fulfil in the immediate-term because I live here. Following that are automated feeds for all kinds of products, and the ability for users to trade or exchange with one another.

Outside the app
I am still pursuing much of what I envisioned for a private currency outlined in the paper, just on a priority basis where I take into account 'what can be done immediately to show progress' (hence development/app), versus 'what will take time, paperwork, effort that may keep me interested but lead to the NOXT thread going the way it does'. I consider this the baseline, an early beta, step one of many, not the 'finished thing' - with a lot more work to go and features to add.

Time
I admit the current landscape for crypto-payments and regulations/fear of fines/etc. do slow me down or prevent me from pushing certain features even though I want to. That does not mean things aren't going ahead, just that I will sit until a certain level of certainty has been met. I'm probably patient with environment changes to the point that it drives everyone away. Sometimes it's a positive, often it isn't.

For a current understanding on the current environment, please see:
http://www.clmr.unsw.edu.au/article/market-conduct-regulation/austrac-throws-regulatory-lifeline-to-%22de-banked%22-bitcoin-operators
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-23/accc-to-investigate-if-australia27s-banks-are-acting-unlawfull/6798988

I want to make it clear in the long-term this will not make me walk away from digital currency. That will only happen if it is outright banned in Australia with threat of imprisonment. I still don't claim any of this is hiccup-free.

From a seperate discussion:

There is another arguable reason for these bans, and it has more to do with market dominance than the actions of convenient BTC criminals.

Bitcoin is leaving such a bad taste that these bans coincide with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia's recent announcements of working with both Ripple and R3 to build upon blockchain technology. Commonwealth Bank executive Kelly Bayer Rosmarin says, and I quote, it is "..right to participate in an effort with a number of like-minded organisations to define the protocols around how blockchain technology could work on a global scale".

What the big four are doing is cutting off the lifeline of digital currency innovators in the country so that they can dominate the market and protect market share. While I doubt the ACCC's investigation into this view will lead to much..

..unfortunately this 'number of like-minded organisations' does not include any local businesses already in the Australian space and that have pioneered support for the technology. Westpac's (one of the big Australian banks closing Bitcoin-related business accounts) venture capital fund is specifically investing overseas in Bitcoin-related businesses while playing a role in denying banking access to local competitors of said business.

..at the end of the day I personally feel there is more than enough room for agile and disruptive apps that remain within the realm of legal and aren't encumbered by the slow, protective and traditional workings of large institutions. Even if the big guys are running around using the term blockchain and attracting large VC money it doesn't change the culture of waste of inefficiency. 'Blockchains' in this space are at best an 'IT upgrade' (very valuable, for sure), but not as super disruptive or 'money-paradigm-changing' as the permissionless and control-free/choice-focused ideals of Bitcoin-esque systems.

Mishmash of the app publishing:

Here is a copy of the invite containing a little more info:

Hi,

I would like to warmly welcome you to the Noble application beta trials. For months I have been alpha-testing while working to protect myself - to varying degrees of success - in the ever-changing digital currency regulatory and legal environment. Today, I wiped the Alpha version and moved a closed invite-only APK on to the Google Play store.

Despite the increasingly dangerous environment for ‘grass-rooters’ the Noble application now grants an increased level of utility for a growing number of cryptocurrencies, primarily in Australia but also around the world. For an example of the challenges facing those without large backing from the traditional financial system see articles such as http://www.coindesk.com/fincen-rules-commodity-backed-token-services-are-money-transmitters/ and http://www.afr.com/technology/accc-considers-inquiry-into-banks-bitcoin-bans-20150922-gjs7p9.

I am reaching out to you because I would sincerely like you to sign up, spam, break, use, deconstruct, criticize, and provide feedback on how this application can more swiftly move forward. The application may have display or account/device-specific bugs, and I am counting on a wider circle of feedback to squash and polish them. Sometimes features/coins will come and go or limits may be set, but for the most part payments and purchases are available and all are guaranteed. If AML/KYC versus anonymity is important to you, please know that while AML/KYC support is a feature, no personal details are required whatsoever.

All that is currently required is an Android device and Google email account (for access via Google Play closed beta support). Once received you will receive an email and access within 24 hours.

On top of the immediately available real-world use and utility for multiple cryptocurrencies, I am testing social and accounts features, educational games and achievements, Shapeshift integration (automated exchange, processing, rates and payments being the priority in current development), distributing participating currencies faucet-style, and a variety of ways for users to engage in trade and market not only from myself but between one another. These will be rolled out consistently on top of the current Beta once sufficient feedback and logging has been reached for each version tier.

I am and have always been committed to growing the digital currency ecosystem while remaining as true as realistically possible to many (albeit I admit not all) of Satoshi’s original vision.

If you unable or not interested in testing please find attached screenshots of the latest application. I would greatly appreciate your discretion and feedback in private.

Current patch notes
Noble Suite Alpha (Android) 0.1

- Account registration, logins, confirmation, reset capability for non-Alpha users
- Logging of active purchases and payments for reward points
- Purchase approximately 239 internationally available gift cards or send to friends as gift
- Initial focused support for digital currencies Bitcoin (BTC), Dash (DASH), Diamond (DMD), Dogecoin (DOGE), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), NobleCoin (NOBL), NobleNXT (NOXT), NXT (NXT), and Ripple (XRP).
- Total support for over 46 different cryptocurrencies
- Pay Australian utility and rental bills, taxes, and credit card repayments using digital currencies via BPAY (Noble is not affiliated with BPAY in any way).
- Direct Australian bank deposits with digital currencies using an account number and BSB.
- View payment and purchase history
- Introductory mobile gift card wallet

Thanks,
Jason

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 11:40:07 AM

great job jason!

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 02:44:30 AM

Invite link for those who have provided emails and been added. It should be received in your inbox but if not:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.jasonlcurby.noble

Also, over the next twelve hours you will see the number of supported currencies shoot (50+) up but have an exchange rate of zero. This means they are currently unavailable until I test the API/payments with a few others - those updates will roll out over the next week.

The app already supports 6 or so currencies outside of those supported by Shift as it uses it's own system also.

Once the app. is at a level I'm comfortable with the bullion will be added and we'll start talking % fees or NOXT-cost listings.

There is still more to come beyond the app., but if I get this at a good level now then primary usage/development can be seen rather than heard.

Please follow in-app development notes for current issues/work being done also. Smiley

Cheers.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4861

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:29:33 PM

Well this looks promising. Nice. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 02:15:03 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2015, 04:30:45 AM by Rofo

Thank you for the quick feedback guys.

v0.1a will be pushed today. Following quick fix patch notes:

- Fixed minor sign up error messages.
- Refactor/clean package naming issues and pointers.
- Fixed issue preventing payment history from being displayed correctly
- Improved Pay USD/AUD display and exchange rate accuracy
- Fixed issues with 'Did you know?' and minor typos
- Support for Europecoin (ERC)
- Fixed gift card issue where not displayed in alphabetical order

Developer notes/updates for features currently being implemented - many based on user feedback - once all these are ticked off I'll take it out of beta - they can be seen in the development 'to-do's.
- Improved compatibility with Drei Samsung gt-p6800 tabs
- Unlock AML/KYC page and voluntary 'opt-in' (AML/KYC is not mandatory)
- Select $$ amount on gift card select and removal of limit.
- Search capabilities and 'by category' for gift cards (priority).
- Save login information (device-specific) if desired.
- Revamped to/from email for Gift.
- Option to disable/skip 'did you know' screen.
- Note on unavailable currencies - currently moving to multiple external processors - if currently unavailable either chain is re-syncing or coin paused to manually check off addresses/orders for beta.
- New line display issue for recipients email on smaller screen - fix to new line.
- New info. on 'recent activity' to show desired payment address - so that it can be retrieved/copied in future if navigate away from initial payment screen.
- Larger 'more' button for navigating gift cards.
- Improved updating for currently supported digital currency payment rates (priority).
- Improved address generation for all digital currencies (priority).
- Helpful introductory screen outlining Gift + Pay for new users.
- Gift cards by fiat currency - not just USD-denominated or focused gift cards - regional also available.
- Fix null null for anonymous users in account info.
- Emulation specifically required on Galaxy s2 with cyanogenmod. I/O failure on account creation attempt & layout issues with text overlapping sign up and login on entry.
- Dafault delivery time/date to now - more obvious a date is not a requirement for Gift deliveries.
- Currently addresses and payments are manually checked off. Final work is being done on full automation and address generation before activating all 45+ currencies. For this reason some can sometimes be unavailable as a payment option.
- Color-codes and improved layout for transaction history.
- Add time option to 'send gift card to friend' (not just date).

Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 02:54:27 AM

Thank you for the quick feedback guys.

v0.1a will be pushed today. Following quick fix patch notes:

- Fixed minor sign up error messages.
- Refactor/clean package naming issues and pointers.
- Fixed issue preventing payment histroy from being displayed correctly
- Improved Pay USD/AUD display and exchange rate accuracy
- Fixed issues with 'Did you know?' and minor typos
- Support for Europecoin (ERC)
- Fixed gift card issue where not displayed in alphabetical order

Developer notes/updates for features currently being implemented - many based on user feedback - once all these are ticked off I'll take it out of beta - they can be seen in the development 'to-do's.
- Improved compatibility with Drei Samsung gt-p6800 tabs
- Unlock AML/KYC page and voluntary 'opt-in' (AML/KYC is not mandatory)
- Select $$ amount on gift card select and removal of limit.
- Search capabilities and 'by category' for gift cards (priority).
- Save login information (device-specific) if desired.
- Revamped to/from email for Gift.
- Option to disable/skip 'did you know' screen.
- Note on unavailable currencies - currently moving to multiple external processors - if currently unavailable either chain is re-syncing or coin paused to manually check off addresses/orders for beta.
- New line display issue for recipients email on smaller screen - fix to new line.
- New info. on 'recent activity' to show desired payment address - so that it can be retrieved/copied in future if navigate away from initial payment screen.
- Larger 'more' button for navigating gift cards.
- Improved updating for currently supported digital currency payment rates (priority).
- Improved address generation for all digital currencies (priority).
- Helpful introductory screen outlining Gift + Pay for new users.
- Gift cards by fiat currency - not just USD-denominated or focused gift cards - regional also available.
- Fix null null for anonymous users in account info.
- Emulation specifically required on Galaxy s2 with cyanogenmod. I/O failure on account creation attempt & layout issues with text overlapping sign up and login on entry.
- Dafault delivery time/date to now - more obvious a date is not a requirement for Gift deliveries.
- Currently addresses and payments are manually checked off. Final work is being done on full automation and address generation before activating all 45+ currencies. For this reason some can sometimes be unavailable as a payment option.
- Color-codes and improved layout for transaction history.
- Add time option to 'send gift card to friend' (not just date).

Thanks for that update.

The app runs smooth on my device, matter of fact, i've been unable to break it so far  Undecided

But I'll keep playing (testing) with it. Looking forwarded to all the additions/changes mentioned above.

I'll report my findings..

pikuchato

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Activity: yes

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 02:58:02 AM

Well... I think it is time for me to eat my hat and admit my assumptions were 100% wrong all the way.
The last few days almost made me an heart-attack, I really did not see this coming...

I am more then amazed about how things turned out, honestly this app looks even better then the original plan of noxt.
As an investor in noxt, I just couldn't be happier right now.

As I know no one can control the market and guarantee any profit or return, the only guarantee I thought I had when I invested in noxt is you are going to work hard to make it a success - you defiantly proofed you did and still working.

Don' get me wrong, The communication level was bad - but it is just doesn't matter when things are moving + I think communication when things are running will be much friendlier and easier for you.

TL;DR: I made my assumptions based on the information I had and based on my own opinion/mind, It turned out I was 100% wrong Smiley

Good job jason.

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 08:58:58 AM

Well... I think it is time for me to eat my hat and admit my assumptions were 100% wrong all the way.
The last few days almost made me an heart-attack, I really did not see this coming...

I am more then amazed about how things turned out, honestly this app looks even better then the original plan of noxt.

As I know no one can control the market and guarantee any profit or return, the only guarantee I thought I had when I invested in noxt is you are going to work hard to make it a success - you defiantly proofed you did and still working.

Don' get me wrong, The communication level was bad - but it is just doesn't matter when things are moving + I think communication when things are running will be much friendlier and easier for you.

TL;DR: I made my assumptions based on the information I had and based on my own opinion/mind, It turned out I was 100% wrong Smiley

Good job jason.

congrats u belong to a minority

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 05:36:06 PM

Good job jason.

congrats u belong to a minority

Glad he saw the light, better late than never. But indeed, it takes guts and brains to admit when you are wrong, much respect.

On the other hand, we do need critics sometimes,  otherwise we're all just sheep.

Anyways, that's in the past, lets talk about Noble/Noxt future now, cause I am pretty exited. The mobile app has so much potential, I can see where Rofo is going with this and I like that path. Can't wait to see whats next, though the community shouldn't sit back and wait for rofo to do everything, Noble had a lively community before the drama, would like to see that enthusiasm return.

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 08:15:40 PM

Good job jason.

Piku, glad you post this!

Now just to get this app running for me Wink Maybe my phone is just too old and shitty, I don't know Wink
james6546

Activity: 691

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 08:45:35 PM

Good job jason.

Now just to get this app running for me Wink Maybe my phone is just too old and shitty, I don't know Wink

It works nicely on my xperia z3. I gave some feedback, but it was mostly minimal improvements. Very impressed so far Smiley

And excited, don't forget excited.
Sharkzz1

Activity: 880
Merit: 251

Think differently

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 09:11:22 PM

Good job jason.

It works nicely on my xperia z3. I gave some feedback, but it was mostly minimal improvements. Very impressed so far Smiley

i know it's a bit off topic but, what do you think about the xperia z3?
I was thinking bout buying one lol, heard that it overheats and the glass cracks by itself?
Thanks
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 10:26:24 PM

Good job jason.

It always pays to sit on the fence (neutral) when making opinions. The lack of information/knowledge makes a fool out of anyone.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 12:02:36 AM

Good job jason.

It always pays to sit on the fence (neutral) when making opinions. The lack of information/knowledge makes a fool out of anyone.
It could also be argued that its intentional to make people fools, by withholding information/knowledge.

I think pikuchato's TL;DR point about 'based on the information' is spot on. The lack of information/knowledge/communication creates an unhelpful vacuum, where only assumptions can be made. Odd responses certainly dont help, also. At some point a call has to be made, one way or another, to move things forward, for the sake of closure/write-off, sometimes.

Turns out Rofo has a style all of his own, which we are going to need to get used to, cos he sure is his own man. What he produced by secretly beavering away proved that much, at least, and showed what is possible going forward.
Im not ready to eat my hat just yet, but the consensus is that Rofo produced some good stuff here, so well done Rofo. Lets try to create a momentum.  Smiley
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 02:16:27 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2015, 03:32:14 AM by Rofo

Will push 0.1.2 before Monday - here are the current patch notes:

- Improved flow between Pay and Gift order screens and details
- Overhauled order detail screens
- Digital currency payment options arranged to show NOXT/NOBL at top
- Initial support for 50 digital currencies displayed (keep in mind proposed - and up for discussion - fee + listing structure)
- Gift cards can now be purchased regionally and based on multiple fiat currencies
- Upgrade of gift card limits ($5 - $100)
- Available gift cards upped from 234 to 350+
- General security and access level control revisions

They will most probably get added to, and can be viewed here.

Because the payments and currencies can be enabled/disabled without app. update you may see them over the weekend but they will be unavailable until the new patch supports them better.

About to update the ANN with screenshots and patch information. There are a bunch of features completely different to utility/pay/gift I am testing/itching to add as soon as the 'to-do's' are done and the app. is available globally.

I appreciate the kinder words/environment and am happy that I can start showing where this is going with more than words from myself.

Regards,
Jason

james6546

Activity: 691

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 08:29:06 AM

Good job jason.

i know it's a bit off topic but, what do you think about the xperia z3?
I was thinking bout buying one lol, heard that it overheats and the glass cracks by itself?
Thanks

I love the phone, but the screens are a little fragile. I have broken one. I think as long as you don't throw it places you will be fine.

Mine has never even really got warm tbh. The battery is amazing, will do 2 days no problem. Plus the camera is great and it is really thin and light.

I would def get another. my dad has a gs6 with the curved edge and the battery is flat by lunch.
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 11:38:23 AM

Wow im very impressed with the pace this is going since the Beta release,  Rofo pushing updates almost every day , seems VERY keen to get this released on Google Play. Lets put the past behind us, unite as a community and  move forwards.  Really looking forward to general release , to see how to crypto community reacts to it. We are all behind you Rofo, keep doing what you are doing!

edit: get on the twatter and start tweeting & Rt about it

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Sharkzz1

Activity: 880
Merit: 251

Think differently

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 12:29:08 PM

Thanks for the information James! Wink
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 02:10:29 PM

Nice one , rofo !

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: