Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:51:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango Scam???  (Read 3188 times)
jsmithers

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 04:17:53 PM

I can second: Intersango is trustworthy. I used SEPA wire transfer to their .pl bank account multiple times - handling was quick and satisfactory.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ptolom

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 04:33:46 PM

Heh, how convincing does this look? A bunch of newbies with about 4 posts sign up and immediately vouch for them. I promise I'm not a shill though.
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 04:44:29 PM

I've done 70 and 300 euro's, everything went well.
wikiaki

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 04:55:52 PM

Intersango is a scam for sure lol that is ALL I hear about them.

You are a moron for sure lol

I agree with greg35

I recommend Intersango.

baconsambo (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 02:11:34 PM

OK so I retract my original statement that Intersango are a scam - I eventually got my money after 2 months and only after emailing them these posts - so to conclude the post - they are real but have poor customer service

Point to note - transferred money Friday to bitstamp and got it today lunchtime so thats even better than advertised
johnwhitestar

Activity: 697
Merit: 262

Slimcoin - the Proof of Donation inventors!

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:48:39 PM

Congratulations  Wink

picobit

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

Decor in numeris

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 02:14:49 PM

I have had quite good experience with them.  Twice transferred Euros to them, it appeared after a few days.  In one of the cases, the payment appeared as "need approval" and stayed like that for 24 hours, at which point I opened a ticket.  An hour later I got a reply, and the money appeared in my account.  In several cases have I withdrawn BTC from my account at Intersango, in every case the BTC have appeared in my wallet within seconds after making the request.  So all in all, I am a satisfied customer.

BUT there are two issues potential customers should be aware of.  First, they are currently having trouble with their UK bank, so transferring money in/out in GPB is currently impossible.  Second, they are at the receiving end of a Bitcoinica-related lawsuit.  I think it is unlikely that they will get their funds frozen, but nothing is impossible when lawsuits are involved, so I do not recommend leaving large sums on Intersango for extended periods.
johnwhitestar

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 04:10:39 PM

"in every case the BTC have appeared in my wallet within seconds after making the request."

How is it possible? BTC transfer from one BTC address to another usually takes me several minutes and sometimes hours. Am I missing something?

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 07:09:42 PM

How is it possible? BTC transfer from one BTC address to another usually takes me several minutes and sometimes hours. Am I missing something?
Transactions can take minutes or hours to be confirmed, but should show up in your wallet as unconfirmed almost instantly. Bitcoins obtained from unconfirmed transactions cannot be spent and are not credited to your wallet balance until the transaction is confirmed, as unconfirmed transactions may turn out to be double-spent (and therefore invalid). Think of it as like waiting for a cheque to clear.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
picobit

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

Decor in numeris

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 08:27:54 PM

Transactions can take minutes or hours to be confirmed, but should show up in your wallet as unconfirmed almost instantly. Bitcoins obtained from unconfirmed transactions cannot be spent and are not credited to your wallet balance until the transaction is confirmed, as unconfirmed transactions may turn out to be double-spent (and therefore invalid). Think of it as like waiting for a cheque to clear.
Yep, that is what I meant.  My wallet showed the BTC as unconfirmed almost instantly, but of course it on average took 10 min to get the first confirmation.
johnwhitestar

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 07:38:27 AM

Now it's clear, thank you.

Diablax

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 10:40:53 AM

Any chance of Intersango being able to take GBP anytime soon? It's turning into quite a mission to get hold of any btc here
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: