Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:41:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GLBSE dividend payout address(es)?  (Read 992 times)
Newar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:58:20 AM

If you hold several assets, can you set up an address for dividends payments for each of them?

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 06:46:05 AM

Each dividend will be listed separately but paid into the same single GLBSE wallet you have.

Newar (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 07:14:46 AM

Thank you!

Hopefully different wallets can be implemented. Would make it easier.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 01:13:20 PM

Why?
You can see how much each payment was and from what share/bond it came.
Newar (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 02:12:46 PM

Because it would help with dividend reinvestment. If I understand correctly now I have to go and look for and add up security X dividends, then security A dividends and manually reinvest them.

It'd be easier to have a wallet for each, if you understand what I mean. Just reinvestment the amount that is available in the respective wallet.

Of course easiest would be if the whole process could be automated. And the cherry on top would be if partial share buys via dividend reinvestment would be possible.

It works in the "real world", don't see a reason why not with BTC.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 04:32:26 PM

Because it would help with dividend reinvestment. If I understand correctly now I have to go and look for and add up security X dividends, then security A dividends and manually reinvest them.

It'd be easier to have a wallet for each, if you understand what I mean. Just reinvestment the amount that is available in the respective wallet.

Of course easiest would be if the whole process could be automated. And the cherry on top would be if partial share buys via dividend reinvestment would be possible.

It works in the "real world", don't see a reason why not with BTC.

Are fractional shares a real thing?

To do auto buys you would want to go to the order book no matter what? It's often pretty thin.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Newar (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:19:29 PM

I trade stocks on Just2Trade. It works something like this: The stock pays a dividend and that dividend is converted in more stocks at the market price at the day after the dividends are paid. For the partial shares I think it works that way that J2T (or their clearing house) buys that one last share that's needed to do the partials between the eligible stockholders and if there is a "leftover" they keep it until the next round.

I'm sure there's more involved behind the scenes, but that is how I see  it working in my account.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: