Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:23:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Geekkos [GEEK] - Closed  (Read 21317 times)
kaduwall (OP)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 01:34:14 AM

Just checking in is launch still this month? Just a couple days left.

Yes Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neutraLTC
Legendary

Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 01:38:46 AM

Just checking in is launch still this month? Just a couple days left.

Yes Smiley

Nice

DEMAND STRATUMV2 MINING POOL: DMND.WORK
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 03:44:57 AM

Who's ready for the launch?
kaduwall (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 04:24:02 AM

OK GUYS! We are ready, JUST UPDATED THE ANN, please take a look and get in the party!

Cheesy
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 05:47:55 AM

The windows wallet download link doesn't work. Page not found.
kaduwall (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 06:45:39 AM

It was an old link that I updated in the github and forgot to update on the ann/website.
My bad, fixed now Smiley

In case you are still getting a page not found, please refresh it.
Thanks!
3angle

Activity: 224

keymaker

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 08:44:13 AM

It was an old link that I updated in the github and forgot to update on the ann/website.
My bad, fixed now Smiley

Thanks!

Shitcoin-wallet, it is the same as this one: https://i.imgur.com/aNwPB9L.png

You literally spent 3 minutes on this one, didn't you?

Copy/Paste/Compile

We are building the Cash-Register for Crypto-Currency - Join us at #CXC on Freenode IRC
Get Activation-Keys for the Cash-Register for Crypto here! Read more about it at http://www.cxc.bid
kaduwall (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 07:18:20 PM

My bad, fixed now Smiley

Thanks!

Copy/Paste/Compile

Hahahah, that picture and the word "same" made me laugh!
Go away troll ^^
kaduwall (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 09:11:07 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2015, 12:39:35 AM by kaduwall

Just in case I didn't make myself clear, lets try it again: the beauty of the project is not in the wallet nor the technology behind the crypto currency in the beginning.

This (tech) already works great as it is. I won't be making a crazy new code behind it just to say that I'm different when in the end it ends up serving the same purpose.

Think about it.

What we actually need are ways of reaching the mainstream. Do you think most people ask about the credit card technology they use in their lives daily?
Do most ppl care about their Samsung or Iphone back-end code or do they just want to use some particular app through it?
They use it because it works, its simple, its fast, it gives them benefits.

Changing the code a lot to achieve the same kind of transactions would be just insanity. Don't you agree?

The Proof of Play software that we are going to make will focus on that. It will give a lot of benefits, for gamers and investors.
Read the whitepaper. It explains in detail what we want to build.

This project can be fantastic because its not going to be just a coin for speculation like many others. Its growth WON'T rely on the alt market nor the bitcoin market.
This wallet won't even be used after the software has launched since the software will be the main wallet.

There are more things to come this next week. Thanks for everyone that is supporting the project!
Sherlock
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 09:50:29 PM

I'll be investing.

twitter.com/notsofast
kaduwall (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 10:00:46 PM

I'll be investing.

Thanks for the support! Smiley
penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:44:07 PM

Great whitepaper crazy_crypto.

I know your a smart men and have the ability to work this out.
Geekkos is written in my agenda. i shall invest before ico ends.

Good luck with the project.

kaduwall (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 12:37:16 AM

Great whitepaper crazy_crypto.

I know your a smart men and have the ability to work this out.
Geekkos is written in my agenda. i shall invest before ico ends.

Good luck with the project.

Thanks! Very glad to hear that Smiley
3angle

keymaker

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 04:52:26 AM

My bad, fixed now Smiley

Thanks!

Copy/Paste/Compile

Go away troll ^^

Don´t be rude! ...

whatever ... ok, so forget the coin-tech, you obviously had an answer for that up there...

so ... what is your experience with game-tech or software development in general?, How about organizing and budgeting? - Why should we risk losing our money on your project?

what´s in it for us? is this something "the world needs?" - who are you, what have you done before - and what can you do? - and if you don´t deliver as promised - where do we find you, and how do we get our money back?

I´m not trolling you - I really want all those questions answered before I move a penny out of my pocket - how do we know you can be trusted, why should you be trusted?

We are building the Cash-Register for Crypto-Currency - Join us at #CXC on Freenode IRC
Get Activation-Keys for the Cash-Register for Crypto here! Read more about it at http://www.cxc.bid
kaduwall (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:03:47 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2015, 08:30:24 AM by kaduwall

My bad, fixed now Smiley

Thanks!

Copy/Paste/Compile

Go away troll ^^

Don´t be rude! ...

whatever ... ok, so forget the coin-tech, you obviously had an answer for that up there...

so ... what is your experience with game-tech or software development in general?, How about organizing and budgeting? - Why should we risk losing our money on your project?

what´s in it for us? is this something "the world needs?" - who are you, what have you done before - and what can you do? - and if you don´t deliver as promised - where do we find you, and how do we get our money back?

I´m not trolling you - I really want all those questions answered before I move a penny out of my pocket - how do we know you can be trusted, why should you be trusted?

Fair enough. I was only rude because in my view you were being rude too, but if you were not.. then I give you a sincere apology.

Since you appear to be asking legit questions, I of course don't mind answering them. Smiley
I gave a nice introduction on the whitepaper, not sure if you read it entirely already. There are also a lot of pages on the Geek-Purchase-Agreement (you can find it in a link inside the whitepaper, section 3.1 ~~~ or in the crowdsale page on the "About & Terms" tab) which cover this project from a more legal point of view and give extra details, including a commitment from me to deliver the work, unlike many other sale-agreements I see from other coins that say they might never get it done. You can also find the Refund part there, in case we don't hit the success condition (80 minimum btc). I coded another field in the crowdsale script for this.

The "whats in it for us" is also explained on the whitepaper. I have a medium-term goal of reaching $1 per coin and I describe there how I plan to do that. The idea is to basically receive income from the Proof of Play software (ads), the sales from the digital store and the in-game sales. Thats why I also said this coin won't rely on the alt market nor the bitcoin market. I'm not sure if its something "the world needs", but I'm sure it can be something the world wants, a lot.

>>> Tell me who wouldn't want to earn money for playing games they already play on a daily basis? Specially if that software was given for free to them?

1 - My experience with games: it first starts from being a gamer since I was 5 years old. Its been 20 years and I have played a lot of games from the most different kinds. So this is that "from gamer to gamers" kind of project. I also did get involved in the past with scripting. I made scripts for Sphere, an emulator for the Ultima Online game, and acted as part of a staff for some servers. I still have some of those scripts I made, here on my computer. I also coded a very simple game in Fortran a really long time ago, but I don't have that anymore. Dealt with some web based scripts for games using php, javascript, etc and of course, used some RPG Maker, heheh

However, I will not be the one responsible for actually coding the game, I'll be hiring people for that with the BTC from the crowdsale, people I have already talked to and that are very interested in being a part of this project. They are just waiting to see if we can reach our success condition first. I'll administrate the course of the game, concepts, ideas, bug testing, and of course, work with the audio and web related stuff, since I was a professional musician/webdesigner for many years, still am.

The same thing can be said about the software development, I'll be hiring professionals I have already talked to for that matter.

2 - Organizing and budgeting: I did/do webdesign for a living. I had to organize and set the budget for a lot of jobs. This was one of my last big jobs as a freelancer: http://www.quartosbr.com.br/   you can read my name on the "Sobre nós / About us" page (Kadu Wallauer, Kadu is a nickname for Carlos Eduardo), that project was on a short budget and I delivered. It was made on top of a Drupal CMS but it was complex just the same and I coded a whole bunch of things from zero.

I was also working with a friend last year, joined his design company (Esparta Design) as a co-owner, invested money into the company, but left a while later for 2 reasons: I needed the time to pursue this project as my main job and my business partner didn't understand the tech behind crypto-currencies, nor did he see potential behind them. We ended up having very different ideas. While I was there I had plenty of organizing and budgeting activities. We even ran a big campaign for a political figure (a state deputy here in Brazil) in which besides working with designs, the website, video editing and prints, we had to manage employees and decide/make steps based on the client's available budget and ours.

I believe my trading experience with alts should also be taken into consideration, as I was able to make over a 10000% increase with the amount I started with in about 7 months. I talk about that on the whitepaper as well. I can back it up with logs if needed.

3 - About who I am: some people have been following me for a while on twitter. I helped some of them with trading and stuff several times and I believe some around here can vouch for me. I'm as transparent as possible.

If you want, you can add me on my personal facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/kadu.w

Since I was a professional musician for quite some time, I was kind of a semi-public figure. I have some content all over the internet. For example, I participated with my band (Contra As Nuvens, now deceased) in the recording of a song from an old famous band here in Brazil. It was recorded in one of the best studios and by one of the top 5 producers this country has to offer (Rick Bonadio < twitter link ~). Here is the video (I'm the guy with the white hair singing): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNu9uaTNMQQ

I don't want to brag, but I believe not many devs and other people around the crypto community can say they have a video of their work with more than 500,000 views on youtube, if any. I also have some other videos like this recording from 2011 of me playing some Super Mario songs in a medley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF-gAvdPb-8

My address is being sent out in the Geekkos newsletter too. I probably wouldn't be able to run and hide even if I wanted to. After all that being said, I think I deserve some credit, right? Smiley I know I'm more than capable of running this project and I hope you might see that too.

Well, I think thats it.

Feel free to ask any other questions.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 04:39:41 PM

Ballpark figure on price target/floor after launch (ahem pump)??  Kiss

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
kaduwall (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 04:57:52 PM

Ballpark figure on price target/floor after launch (ahem pump)??  Kiss

Do you mean a price estimate just after launch?
Thats kinda impossible to predict before the Crowdsale even ends =s
3angle

keymaker

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 05:23:53 PM

My bad, fixed now Smiley

Thanks!

Copy/Paste/Compile

Go away troll ^^

Don´t be rude! ...

Fair enough. I was only rude because in my view you were being rude too, but if you were not.. then I give you a sincere apology.

Since you appear to be asking legit questions, I of course don't mind answering them. Smiley
I gave a nice introduction on the whitepaper, not sure if you read it entirely already. There are also a lot of pages on the Geek-Purchase-Agreement (you can find it in a link inside the whitepaper, section 3.1 ~~~ or in the crowdsale page on the "About & Terms" tab) which cover this project from a more legal point of view and give extra details, including a commitment from me to deliver the work, unlike many other sale-agreements I see from other coins that say they might never get it done. You can also find the Refund part there, in case we don't hit the success condition (80 minimum btc). I coded another field in the crowdsale script for this.

The "whats in it for us" is also explained on the whitepaper. I have a medium-term goal of reaching $1 per coin and I describe there how I plan to do that. The idea is to basically receive income from the Proof of Play software (ads), the sales from the digital store and the in-game sales. Thats why I also said this coin won't rely on the alt market nor the bitcoin market. I'm not sure if its something "the world needs", but I'm sure it can be something the world wants, a lot.

>>> Tell me who wouldn't want to earn money for playing games they already play on a daily basis? Specially if that software was given for free to them?

1 - My experience with games: it first starts from being a gamer since I was 5 years old. Its been 20 years and I have played a lot of games from the most different kinds. So this is that "from gamer to gamers" kind of project. I also did get involved in the past with scripting. I made scripts for Sphere, an emulator for the Ultima Online game, and acted as part of a staff for some servers. I still have some of those scripts I made, here on my computer. I also coded a very simple game in Fortran a really long time ago, but I don't have that anymore. Dealt with some web based scripts for games using php, javascript, etc and of course, used some RPG Maker, heheh

However, I will not be the one responsible for actually coding the game, I'll be hiring people for that with the BTC from the crowdsale, people I have already talked to and that are very interested in being a part of this project. They are just waiting to see if we can reach our success condition first. I'll administrate the course of the game, concepts, ideas, bug testing, and of course, work with the audio and web related stuff, since I was a professional musician/webdesigner for many years, still am.

The same thing can be said about the software development, I'll be hiring professionals I have already talked to for that matter.

2 - Organizing and budgeting: I did/do webdesign for a living. I had to organize and set the budget for a lot of jobs. This was one of my last big jobs as a freelancer: http://www.quartosbr.com.br/   you can read my name on the "Sobre nós / About us" page (Kadu Wallauer, Kadu is a nickname for Carlos Eduardo), that project was on a short budget and I delivered. It was made on top of a Drupal CMS but it was complex just the same and I coded a whole bunch of things from zero.

I was also working with a friend last year, joined his design company (Esparta Design) as a co-owner, invested money into the company, but left a while later for 2 reasons: I needed the time to pursue this project as my main job and my business partner didn't understand the tech behind crypto-currencies, nor did he see potential behind them. We ended up having very different ideas. While I was there I had plenty of organizing and budgeting activities. We even ran a big campaign for a political figure (a state deputy here in Brazil) in which besides working with designs, the website, video editing and prints, we had to manage employees and decide/make steps based on the client's available budget and ours.

I believe my trading experience with alts should also be taken into consideration, as I was able to make over a 10000% increase with the amount I started with in about 7 months. I talk about that on the whitepaper as well. I can back it up with logs if needed.

3 - About who I am: some people have been following me for a while on twitter. I helped some of them with trading and stuff several times and I believe some around here can vouch for me. I'm as transparent as possible.

If you want, you can add me on my personal facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/kadu.w

Since I was a professional musician for quite some time, I was kind of a semi-public figure. I have some content all over the internet. For example, I participated with my band (Contra As Nuvens, now deceased) in the recording of a song from an old famous band here in Brazil. It was recorded in one of the best studios and by one of the top 5 producers this country has to offer (Rick Bonadio < twitter link ~). Here is the video (I'm the guy with the white hair singing): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNu9uaTNMQQ

I don't want to brag, but I believe not many devs and other people around the crypto community can say they have a video of their work with more than 500,000 views on youtube, if any. I also have some other videos like this recording from 2011 of me playing some Super Mario songs in a medley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF-gAvdPb-8

My address is being sent out in the Geekkos newsletter too. I probably wouldn't be able to run and hide even if I wanted to. After all that being said, I think I deserve some credit, right? Smiley I know I'm more than capable of running this project and I hope you might see that too.

Well, I think thats it.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Just one more, is 80 BTC going to be enough? .8 from 100 people evenly...
what if Bitcoin tanks during ICO?

kaduwall (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 05:41:34 PM

My bad, fixed now Smiley

Thanks!

Copy/Paste/Compile

Go away troll ^^

Don´t be rude! ...

Well, I think thats it.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Just one more, is 80 BTC going to be enough? .8 from 100 people evenly...
what if Bitcoin tanks during ICO?

Smiley

80 BTC is enough considering the order we'll develop things. The idea is to be already generating income from the Proof of Play software even before the store launches. I'd prefer more BTC for the development, of course. More resources mean more/faster things for the project, plain and simple.

I'm already taking into consideration a margin for BTC's volatility on that 80 BTC assumption. IF, just IF something really disastrous happened to BTC, then we could suggest alterations to the Purchase-Agreement before finishing the crowdsale. Options like: giving the refund even if GEEK has reached the success condition / increase the minimum BTC target / drop the plans for the game (which would be the most expensive) and focus on everything else, specially on the software which imho has the best potential.

Any suggested alteration like that would need to be thoroughly discussed with the community/investors first, of course. I want it to be fair, It would need everyone to be OK with it. But realistically speaking, I don't think we will have that kind of situation.

Thanks!
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 06:12:18 PM

what exchanges?  how soon after launch?

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print