Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:38:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So how much have you lost this year by investing in Bitcoin?  (Read 4646 times)
zakalwe

Activity: 445
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:40:07 PM

Considering bitcoin was $740 on 01/01/14

and today is: $340

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/BASE/

if you see this and your not in gold/bitcoin you are a naive fool and deserve whats coming.
enjoy your printable papers with pictures of dead presidents on them, i hope you can burn them to keep warm in winter.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:56:02 PM

if you see this and your not in gold/bitcoin you are a naive fool and deserve whats coming.
enjoy your printable papers with pictures of dead presidents on them, i hope you can burn them to keep warm in winter.

I'm in a house, Robert Paulson, a house bought with worthless USD.
It's heated by an oil furnace, a distillate of the stuff that's priced in USD.  More convenient and economical than burning $$$.
I'm surrounded by jackbooted gubermint thugs, who keep me safe from you armchair revolutionaries.
For providing this service, these terrorizing thugs get paid in USD, by an evol gubermint that rules through terror and extortion.
And jackbooted thugs.

Have fun keepin' warm by burning Bitcoin ...OWAIT, u can't even burn Bitcoin Cheesy
Oh well, spring is right around the corner! Smiley
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:58:09 PM

It's heated by an oil furnace, a distillate of the stuff that's priced in USD.  More convenient and economical than burning $$$.
I'm surrounded by jackbooted gubermint thugs, who keep me safe from you armchair revolutionaries.
For providing this service, these terrorizing thugs get paid in USD, by an evol gubermint that rules through terror and extortion.
And jackbooted thugs.

Have fun keepin' warm by burning Bitcoin ...OWAIT, u can't even burn Bitcoin Cheesy

You obviously don't know how much heat a miner produce...

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:17:43 PM

It's heated by an oil furnace, a distillate of the stuff that's priced in USD.  More convenient and economical than burning $$$.
And jackbooted thugs.

Exactly as much as it uses in electricity, which he won't be able to afford, so none Smiley
abercrombie
Legendary

Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:39:12 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 11:51:51 PM by abercrombie

I'm in the plus column (knock on wood) in terms of trading.  

Lost $2,200 in BTC to con-artists on 3 separate instances.  I blame myself, I got greedy and ignored my own rules.

Fortunately, that is relatively small compared to my winnings.
Robert Paulson

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:43:11 PM

It's heated by an oil furnace, a distillate of the stuff that's priced in USD.  More convenient and economical than burning $$$.
And jackbooted thugs.

I'd pay good bitcoin to see what those thugs will do to you once your fiat papers are worthless and you can't pay them...
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 08:35:10 AM

And jackbooted thugs.

That's a good argument, but it comes from an old consensus which is still prevail. There is another consensus slowly gaining traction: When you buy one of such a house and oil furnace, the money printer has already bought himself the whole city (including thugs) using printed money. The difference is that you need to work to buy such a house, and money printer don't need

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:01:42 AM

And jackbooted thugs.

In fact, the more efficient miners become, the better they will be for heating your home. Soon mining gear companies will build water heater and steam plumbing interfaces because they will be profitable.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 09:12:26 AM

I have gained bitcoins this year.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:02:46 AM

I have lost nothing.....I hold BTC.

All other *wealth* is seizbale.

BTC make you sovereign.

There is something to be said for that. But I don't take such a loss in purchasing power so lightly.
Cryptobro

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:58:55 PM

I haven't really been keeping up, but I would say I'm down about 2000-2500 over the course of this year (in dollar value)
I still have some bitcoin, and some prevalent alts, but I honestly can't see any of it going anywhere any more. I've lost faith.

I won't sell what I have left, but I have pretty much written it off in all honesty.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: