Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:53:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First Bitcoin Exchange in Colombia  (Read 3616 times)
markus_d (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2012, 10:00:30 PM

Hy everybody,

I posted about our new site already in the spanish section.
But maybe there are some english speakers here that find this interesting as well?

Five Days ago we went online with our site:
https://bitmarket.co

Its meant to exchange bitcoins <> COP.

Maybe its useful for people that want to send money home to colombia?
What you need is a bank account here in colombia.

Cheers,
Markus

https://bitmarket.co (Primer mercado de bitcoin en colombia)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2012, 10:34:24 PM

oh, sehr fein, herr exilkolumbianer  Cheesy

another haven for freedom lovers  Wink

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
markus_d (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 01:53:12 PM

Two miners here in the forum want to support the site.
Hopefully with this we can make the first step Smiley

sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 02:02:21 PM

But maybe there are some english speakers here that find this interesting as well?

Maybe its useful for people that want to send money home to colombia?
What you need is a bank account here in colombia.

Cheers,
Markus

I fid it very interesting and promising.

Aye, lots of Latin Americans her ein The US and Canada!  I can't wait to start opening my own worldwide chain of Bitcoin Unions to send BTC to any currency any plac ein the world. The only way that will work is by more entrepeneurs like yourself getting exchanges running in as many currencies as possible!

Cheers,
 Derek

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 02:06:40 PM

Cool shit. Congrats on the new service! I think this will have huge demand Cheesy

giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 04:33:15 PM

I wonder how the site shows exchange rates for one year back while to my understanding it's a new service??

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
david113

Activity: 63

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 07:44:04 PM

I wonder how the site shows exchange rates for one year back while to my understanding it's a new service??

The rates is in  COP (Colombian Pesos) not USD.
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 08:05:45 PM

The rates is in  COP (Colombian Pesos) not USD.
How is that an answer to my implied question? On the site I don't see when it was founded but this thread here just popped up now stating it was something new. If it's new, then how do you have exchange rates from before it was established?

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 08:38:45 PM

THIS could be the next btchina! Or better!? Think of all the dirty money in Columbia people want to launder!

If only it was a floating exchange, not an over the counter market place!

This way, I would need to set up a bank account with Santander (which is available in my country --> Germany), but do I realy need another bank account? Probably not. With a floating exchange it would be possible to send amount to be withdrawn to any bank account I would refer to (probably for some fee attached). But that woul make everything much more save and convenient for NON-Columbians.

Would you guys please considers this option?

Condor pasa!
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 10:32:47 PM

THIS could be the next btchina! Or better!? Think of all the dirty money in Columbia people want to launder!

Not necessarily the dirty money, but legal remittance, where every penny counts...

markus_d (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 10:45:35 PM

As we have not enough traffic yet on the page to display real exchange rates on btc/cop I simply read out old exchange rates
usd/cop.
And I wrote a script that inserts the courses from mtgox.
I think for now its a good indicator on what a bitcoin should be worth in cop.

As soon as we have enough users on the site.
I will of course change that to the real national rates. And I will provide an api that other people can include that in their statistics.

What would a floating exchange be?
When I can I will of course program that as well. I need more info on how to do that.

Spekulatius
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 11:14:03 PM

floating exchanges are those, like mtgox that determin the exchange rate simply by supply and demand. In contrast to fixed exchanges, (or lets say exchanges, that use a "fixed exchange rate") which set their price by them selves (like wm-center, or firstnationalib.com).
Although you may argue, that your over the counter type of service IS in fact a floating exchange it does not supply many of the advantages regular floating exchanges, like mtgox, intersango and alike provide (like security, reliance, manyfold and quick withdraw and deposit options, standard of quality,..). With another counterpart every time I like to make a trade in an otc exchange like yours, I dont feel secure and fear the hassle. Maybe your project can develop in that direction once it picks up.

I wish you all the best for your venture, despite the criticism and will invest my own bitcoins, once it looks more like what I described.

Saludos,
S
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 11:17:22 PM

When I can I will of course program that as well. I need more info on how to do that.

uhm … not sure if joking …

A floating exchange is one on a boat. This way you can evade tax issues by operating in international waters.

ɃɃ
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 12:22:26 AM

A floating exchange is one on a boat. This way you can evade tax issues by operating in international waters.

Why be a jackass to someone clearly trying do something beneficial for everyone to whom English probably isn't their native language instead of helping them out?

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Spekulatius
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 12:27:12 AM

If only it was a floating exchange, not an over the counter market place!

This way, I would need to set up a bank account with Santander (which is available in my country --> Germany), but do I realy need another bank account? Probably not. With a floating exchange it would be possible to send amount to be withdrawn to any bank account I would refer to (probably for some fee attached). But that woul make everything much more save and convenient for NON-Columbians.

Would you guys please considers this option?

Condor pasa!

OK! Im sorry! I made this exchange stuff up. IT IS IN REALITY the ship thing in international waters. Just tryed to poke some fun here. Hope no damage done.

Pacem!
S
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 01:05:24 AM

OK! Im sorry! I made this exchange stuff up. IT IS IN REALITY the ship thing in international waters. Just tryed to poke some fun here. Hope no damage done.

Pacem!
S

Very funny man. Very funny. Next time please sink for a minute what damage you might cause!

ɃɃ
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 01:43:07 AM

Why be a jackass to someone clearly trying do something beneficial for everyone to whom English probably isn't their native language instead of helping them out?

I thought it was funny Smiley  And actually, a floating exchange sounds like a reasonable idea... BlueSeed + Bitcoin Exchange = win
markus_d (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 05:53:57 PM

We will change it to a floating exchange as soon as its possible.
(Already ordered the boat Cheesy )

I have seen some citibanks and hsbc's around here.
Would this banks serve to make it possible to let bitcoiners from other countries sell their bitcoins here?
Does anybody know what the fees apply if you transfer from e.g. United States to Colombia using this international banks?

coingamblingreviews
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1032

★Bitcoin Gambling Reviews★

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 11:17:54 AM

I could not find a more recent thread on this, but how is business going with the Colombian exchange?

Which banks did you connect with in Colombia? Offshore Banks or local Banks?

Chompa

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 12:06:03 PM

They probably live in the jungle and come online only sometimes  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: