Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:38:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want a custom Bitcoin address? [Vanitygen]  (Read 1730 times)
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 05:49:42 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2012, 02:17:51 PM by Garr255

Now you can outsource vanity key generation without trusting anyone:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84569

Hey all,

If you want to be cooler than everyone else and have an address like: 1Garr2555P4oiAaLQqXkcdAKGg4SMt3RZS

Or any other alphanumeric string between the 1 and the rest of the jumble.

I am offering to dedicate my mining rig to finding you that key, for a fee, of course!

I charge based upon how many characters of customization you want. 1xxx(jumble) is three characters.

1-5 characters = 1 coin     Estimated completion time: 1 second -1 hour
6 characters    = 2 coins                                         1 day
7 characters    = 5 coins                                      1-2 days
8 characters    = 50 coins                                   1 week -2 months

As you can see, the difficulty to find a specific key rises exponentially, and so does the price!
The time it takes to find an address also depends on "luck" and complexity. If I feel like I'm robbing you or being robbed I will adjust the price accordingly. You will have a quote within minutes of me starting the search for keys.

This is because Vanitygen is, in fact, a cryptographic bruteforcing tool.

Yes, I will be handling your private key, and yes, there is some degree of risk involved in that. I will be happy to encrypt your key in any (practical) way you like before sending it to you.

As always, I'm open to questions, comments, and especially criticism!

Thanks,
Garrett

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 05:56:33 AM

But vanitygen is only CPU and doesn't include any GPU code, did you update it to run on GPUs? Also you encrypting it, I mean you can just keep a copy of the private key and take out small funds without the person even knowing, cause it sounds like you manually encrypted it, unless again you hacked the vanitygen to output it into some encrypted form. Sounds a little too risky for me.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 06:05:52 AM

But vanitygen is only CPU and doesn't include any GPU code, did you update it to run on GPUs? Also you encrypting it, I mean you can just keep a copy of the private key and take out small funds without the person even knowing, cause it sounds like you manually encrypted it, unless again you hacked the vanitygen to output it into some encrypted form. Sounds a little too risky for me.

It does run on GPUs. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9542654/btc/VANITY%21.png

Yes, I could easily remove whatever funds I would like if I had the desire to, but I can guarantee that when you confirm you have received the key I will destroy my copy. This operation does require an amount of trust, which I believe most people here will give me.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 06:17:55 AM

It does run on GPUs. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9542654/btc/VANITY%21.png
really? cause i am going by what the readme says https://github.com/samr7/vanitygen

Yes, I could easily remove whatever funds I would like if I had the desire to, but I can guarantee that when you confirm you have received the key I will destroy my copy. This operation does require an amount of trust, which I believe most people here will give me.

but your on windows which means you can't even use a pipe so you can't see it :/ I am just being a security freak js
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 06:36:27 AM

Haha no problem. I guess this will just be a service for those who believe I will do what I say.

weex
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 07:32:28 AM

Out of curiosity, and if it's not a secret, how many GH/s will you be throwing at one if I order it. Also, do you give a discount for multiple targets at the same time?

Finally, I think you're brave to take this on for obvious reasons. Perhaps you should advise your customers to setup an email alert whenever they get a payment so they can move it to a safer address should they so choose.
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 07:37:04 AM

Now who wants some vanity adresses? I have for example one starting with 1Vladimir. However, I made it myself. You are being offered to get yourself a vanity public key, that has a corresponding private key known to a 3rd party. Good luck with that.

Trust no one!

When your private keys are not really private, you have only yourself to blame.

-
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 02:04:59 PM

oclvanitygen works fine on GPUs.

However, a better use of your time would be to hack up vanitygen/oclvanitygen so that you can generate addresses but not know the private key. It is possible, but I don't know the technical requirements, and it would require mods to the software. Try searching the forum; there was a thread just a few days ago saying what changes needed to be made.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 03:18:14 PM

oclvanitygen works fine on GPUs.

However, a better use of your time would be to hack up vanitygen/oclvanitygen so that you can generate addresses but not know the private key. It is possible, but I don't know the technical requirements, and it would require mods to the software. Try searching the forum; there was a thread just a few days ago saying what changes needed to be made.

yea but you need to know C which is kinda pain there is also a hacky python version
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 03:30:00 PM

Out of curiosity, and if it's not a secret, how many GH/s will you be throwing at one if I order it. Also, do you give a discount for multiple targets at the same time?

Finally, I think you're brave to take this on for obvious reasons. Perhaps you should advise your customers to setup an email alert whenever they get a payment so they can move it to a safer address should they so choose.

Vanitygen gauges itself in kKeys or mKeys per second. I will be searching for you at just under 50mKeys/s

Actually, I did my measurements above for time estimates at 25mKeys/s, so you can cut those in half.

I believe blockchain.info has such an option. There are probably clients to forward coins right when they're received as well.

I will look into modding this client if enough interest is shown.

rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 03:32:35 PM

yea but you need to know C which is kinda pain there is also a hacky python version
Isn't the existing vanitygen just a compiled python version? If not, C is awesome, although I don't speak it.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 05:02:52 PM

Yeah I went and looked at the github page and the original is C.

But damn, AGPL. What shit.

ThePiachu

Activity: 444
Merit: 307

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 12:35:42 PM

Now who wants some vanity adresses? I have for example one starting with 1Vladimir. However, I made it myself. You are being offered to get yourself a vanity public key, that has a corresponding private key known to a 3rd party. Good luck with that.

Trust no one!

When your private keys are not really private, you have only yourself to blame.

Now you can outsource vanity key generation without trusting anyone:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84569

1HWbVLhxj7bhewhyapMZpyhqWAeAhJd51E
My Bitcoin Calculator:
http://tpbitcalc.appspot.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: