Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:04:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Snowballs | ONE MORE HARD FORK to BALLS 2.0.2 | BALLS/MMXIV Market OPEN  (Read 257460 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 10:58:24 PM

The rising fees are interesting, but I think it would create a bit too much bloat. A flat percentage would be much more efficient

Looking into some options. If we do change anything, though, it will increase fees, no matter what change is made. Are you sure that's what you guys want?

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HunterS

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:59:01 PM

Looks like people are dumping as soon as they stake.Between that and trading bots fighting it out all day the price will not rise but keep falling I feel.Something needs to be put in place to encourage people to hold.I thought the high PoS % would but people are just to impaitent or just out to make a quick dollar.So many people can't see the bigger picture when it comes to these PoS coins.

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 10:59:40 PM

Looks like people are dumping as soon as they stake.Between that and trading bots fighting it out all day the price will not rise but keep falling I feel.Something needs to be put in place to encourage people to hold.I thought the high PoS % would but people are just to impaitent or just out to make a quick dollar.So many people can't see the bigger picture when it comes to these PoS coins.

If you are staking and price falls less than 14% daily, you are still making more in the end

anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:59:49 PM

I believe the multipool goes up tonight!
Should be much better than the last one.
We also have a very experienced and friendly dev, I am sure he will thoroughly look into the ideas the community are throwing around.

We have picked up a considerable market cap and following and we have yet to get any twitter hype or action on bittrex.
Everyone is busy fooling around in dark uptrend and chasing recently released shitcoin pump and dumps.

I say, we as a community need to step up and promote this coin on twitter. I have been tweeting cryptsy regarding balls being listed there.

I hope all of you take the time to follow @snowballscoin and retweet their tweets/ tweet some of your own.

Bter would also be a great addition.

twitter @antiiclimax
anticlimax
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:02:24 PM

The rising fees are interesting, but I think it would create a bit too much bloat. A flat percentage would be much more efficient

Looking into some options. If we do change anything, though, it will increase fees, no matter what change is made. Are you sure that's what you guys want?

No way around the bloating eh?
Due to the snowball hardware limitations?

twitter @antiiclimax
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 11:05:54 PM

No way around the bloating eh?
Due to the snowball hardware limitations?

Well blockchain bloat isn't good for desktops, either. It slows down syncing, increases storage needed, among other issues that affect true optimization

Records for every address sending history would have to be tracked. That's a massive amount of data

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:50:37 AM

Ya man, the "big picture" you talk about is legacy coins like HBN, CAP, TEK, PHS, etc...
Coins that have no liquidity and are often looking for a new Dev...
Or are very hard to buy in any amount... and even harder to sell in any significant amount.

And coins that are entirely dependent on Cryptsy to survive...
Meaning FULL Fed/State US Government regulation and extensive IRS reporting.

I traded only crypto on Cryptsy... and after a certain number of trades...
They froze my account and said I MUST get verified with full ID... so I trade with sock puppet accounts.

That's means within months 100% of Cryptsy accounts will need to be fully verified...
Including detailed questions about your mining activities...
And Cryptsy will be sending detailed reporting to the IRS about YOUR trading, staking, and mining.

Does anyone believe these reports will be accurate? Produced by teen coders on drugs? Based on dust trades?
How do you think the IRS will handle BALLS staking in their letter to you?
The IRS don't give a shit... they will just give you a fat bill + interest + penalties.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new generation of High Stake is HYP and BALLS...
The first High Stake coins in history with liquidity and the ability to GO BIG...
And coins with the liquidity to be listed on ANY exchange.

anticlimax
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 01:08:51 AM

Ya man, the "big picture" you talk about is legacy coins like HBN, CAP, TEK, PHS, etc...
Coins that have no liquidity and are often looking for a new Dev...
Or are very hard to buy in any amount... and even harder to sell in any significant amount.

And coins that are entirely dependent on Cryptsy to survive...
Meaning FULL Fed/State US Government regulation and extensive IRS reporting.

I traded only crypto on Cryptsy... and after a certain number of trades...
They froze my account and said I MUST get verified with full ID... so I trade with sock puppet accounts.

That's means within months 100% of Cryptsy accounts will need to be fully verified...
Including detailed questions about your mining activities...
And Cryptsy will be sending detailed reporting to the IRS about YOUR trading, staking, and mining.

Does anyone believe these reports will be accurate? Produced by teen coders on drugs? Based on dust trades?
How do you think the IRS will handle BALLS staking in their letter to you?
The IRS don't give a shit... they will just give you a fat bill + interest + penalties.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new generation of High Stake is HYP and BALLS...
The first High Stake coins in history with liquidity and the ability to GO BIG...
And coins with the liquidity to be listed on ANY exchange.

QFT

I agree with everything you said.
Funny how new coins being made in the last few days now have higher and higher PoS interest

twitter @antiiclimax
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 01:19:26 AM

I haven't done their verification process, yet, either, but I hear it is quite extensive

tripppn

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 01:28:50 AM

Is it normal for the wallet to only connect to 8 nodes only or is there a need for additional nodes added via conf file?

Hello guys, i think that we have to find a solution for the 5000% PoS, the anti-inflation system isnt working. I have some ideias:

A) Set a max staking amount, and instead of the split the amount after staking (i dont know if this is possible but do the oposite set the original amout + the generated amount together). so ppl would have to split coins and pay the fee, or if they were staking that max amount the next stake would be exactly the same.

B) After X blocks reduce the coins by % this would force people to be forced to stake coins, after all this is a high staking % coin.

C) insted of the 6.4 BALLS per transaction set it to % like staking is 13% do a transaction fee ie: 3% of amount that would make it go 10% but people wouldnt like to move the coins...

im out of ideias.

Changing the set transaction fee to a percentage transaction fee sounds fair, depending the amount of coins are being transacted.

Is it possible to increase tx fees by a % say every transaction you make? 1st is standard and 2nd increases by set %? Which resets after 30days of the first transaction or something?
Ooooh.  That's a nice idea.  That encourages people holding as well as burning some BALLS. That's pretty brilliant.

That is a cool idea but it would KILL exchanges which make many transactions/day

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 01:54:08 AM

Is it normal for the wallet to only connect to 8 nodes only or is there a need for additional nodes added via conf file?

Hello guys, i think that we have to find a solution for the 5000% PoS, the anti-inflation system isnt working. I have some ideias:

A) Set a max staking amount, and instead of the split the amount after staking (i dont know if this is possible but do the oposite set the original amout + the generated amount together). so ppl would have to split coins and pay the fee, or if they were staking that max amount the next stake would be exactly the same.

B) After X blocks reduce the coins by % this would force people to be forced to stake coins, after all this is a high staking % coin.

C) insted of the 6.4 BALLS per transaction set it to % like staking is 13% do a transaction fee ie: 3% of amount that would make it go 10% but people wouldnt like to move the coins...

im out of ideias.

Changing the set transaction fee to a percentage transaction fee sounds fair, depending the amount of coins are being transacted.

Is it possible to increase tx fees by a % say every transaction you make? 1st is standard and 2nd increases by set %? Which resets after 30days of the first transaction or something?
Ooooh.  That's a nice idea.  That encourages people holding as well as burning some BALLS. That's pretty brilliant.

That is a cool idea but it would KILL exchanges which make many transactions/day

Another valid point

ThePeePs

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:49:05 AM

The Multipool for Snowballs is now up and running, waiting for hash!!

http://balls.mmxivcoin.com

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 02:56:07 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 04:34:55 AM by iGotSpots

The BALLS Multipool is now up!
ThePeePs is running this one so it WILL WORK

Connect your miner to the appropriate port, use the BALLS address you want to be paid out as your username and any password

SHA256
stratum+tcp://balls.mmxivcoin.com:3333

SCRYPT
stratum+tcp://balls.mmxivcoin.com:4444

X11
stratum+tcp://balls.mmxivcoin.com:5555

More questions: http://balls.mmxivcoin.com/faq

anticlimax
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:04:06 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 03:18:23 AM by anticlimax

im out of ideias.

Ooooh.  That's a nice idea.  That encourages people holding as well as burning some BALLS. That's pretty brilliant.

True.. Hmm

Edit: Multipool looks great!

twitter @antiiclimax
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 03:25:35 AM

More coins will be added periodically. Unfortunately we only saw 2 SHA coins on Poloniex, but additional coins will be added to all 3 algos as we find more coins that peak profitability charts

CiZ

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

HyperStake Member

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:17:20 AM

can tell step by step ?

.I'm CiZ my HyperStake Member.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 04:19:31 AM

can tell step by step ?

Connect your miner to the appropriate port, use the BALLS address you want to be paid out as your username and any password

SHA256
stratum+tcp://balls.mmxivcoin.com:3333

SCRYPT
stratum+tcp://balls.mmxivcoin.com:4444

X11
stratum+tcp://balls.mmxivcoin.com:5555

More questions: http://balls.mmxivcoin.com/faq

Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:44:19 AM

Its not about listening to all the silly HYPe, when you want to go pro you go BALLS deep.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 04:59:00 AM

Its not about listening to all the silly HYPe, when you want to go pro you go BALLS deep.

Now to keep those sell walls off our Snowballs!

kyma

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:05:34 AM

wow multipool combined with minting ..this is interesting!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: