Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:12:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: fastest long-term wallet for thousands of accounts?  (Read 2775 times)
akashamar (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:35:35 PM

Hi,

Reference bitcoin client get's very slow (eventually unusable, lagging and not responding) when one is using thousands of accounts and holds tens thousands of transactions made by those accounts. So which client/wallet do you recommend me for use in my java web application, which will have on-line bitcoin wallet and should support thousands of accounts and holds tens thousands of transactions made by those accounts (sending and receiving)? Which client/wallets are in use by popular exchange sites or mining pools with user accounts?

Thanks for tips!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dabura667

Activity: 475
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 08:31:40 AM

Most services with any level of competence implement their own services from the ground up. (ie. they don't use "pre-packaged" solutions like Bitcoin Core)

I would suggest managing your keys with BIP32, generate an extra 10 accounts and an extra 10 addresses for each account as a buffer (for when your service gets hit hard) then set up a bunch of SPV instances with bloom filters to accept transactions only dealing with your service.

You could set a low false positive rate, as your service as a whole probably doesn't need to have much privacy. (Your service basically masks users's activity to the network anyways)

Then just sit and watch the transactions roll in.

As they come in, you can categorize them based on the utxos of each transaction and use it to update your server's database.

My Tip Address:
1DXcHTJS2DJ3xDoxw22wCt11FeAsgfzdBU
El Emperador

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 10:12:46 AM

Hi,

Reference bitcoin client get's very slow (eventually unusable, lagging and not responding) when one is using thousands of accounts and holds tens thousands of transactions made by those accounts. So which client/wallet do you recommend me for use in my java web application, which will have on-line bitcoin wallet and should support thousands of accounts and holds tens thousands of transactions made by those accounts (sending and receiving)? Which client/wallets are in use by popular exchange sites or mining pools with user accounts?

Thanks for tips!

Many exchanges and faucets use Blockchain.info online wallet.
https://blockchain.info/wallet

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 05:38:50 PM

So which client/wallet do you recommend me

original client only ... the one that it "create" the bitcoin network : bitcoin core.
by the way, https://www.bitaddress.org/ is a good solution, too ...
true-asset

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Uro: 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 07:52:20 AM

MultiBit is ok up to 5000 addresses per wallet. After that the load time can be 5 minutes or more.
The best thing about MultiBit is that it can open multiple wallet files simultaneously - each with different addresses.
I have found the optimum config (for responsiveness) to be about 2500 addresses per wallet file.

Blockchain.info is limited to 500 addresses.

Have not tested Electrum to that many addresses - due to the way its works its hard to test this. I am also worried about the server architecture of of Electrum - to me, for large amounts, its a bit of a gray area on whether the servers can do something malicious (e.g. report incorrect transaction information).

Uro: A Real Long Term Currency, 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer[/url]
Urea N46 tracks gradual increases in energy and food prices over the long term.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: