Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:13:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spondooles SP30 & SP31  (Read 2429 times)
promojo (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:32:46 PM

So what are your thoughts on these guys?  I just ordered two SP31's that will provide 5.5TH/s per device.    11TH/s total.   Think these things will be totally obsolete in the next 6-8 months?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wpgdeez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:52:17 PM

So what are your thoughts on these guys?  I just ordered two SP31's that will provide 5.5TH/s per device.    11TH/s total.   Think these things will be totally obsolete in the next 6-8 months?

Depends if they make their targets this time. I can't believe people are still pre ordering  Sad
promojo (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:54:20 PM

So what are your thoughts on these guys?  I just ordered two SP31's that will provide 5.5TH/s per device.    11TH/s total.   Think these things will be totally obsolete in the next 6-8 months?

Depends if they make their targets this time. I can't believe people are still pre ordering  Sad

Have they been late for Batch 1 and September Batch 2?

Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:08:55 PM

As far as I can tell spondoolies has always shipped on time.

The comment was more meant in general, you cannot predict how the mining competition will look like in 1.5 months, and buying in-stock hardware gives you better numbers to calculate with.

Bitmain might have their S4 ready with ~0.5W/GH, and it might be at a better price aswell.
Bitfury might break their pattern and build one datacenter of 20-30PH a month starting next week, and significantly bump the difficulty.
AM seems to be selling a lot of hardware and might get their franchising going.....

That being said, spondoolies is only building around ~1000 of their miners per month, and as they are quite in demand, pre-ordering is most likely the only way to ensure receiving one.
promojo (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:12:21 PM

That being said, spondoolies is only building around ~1000 of their miners per month, and as they are quite in demand, pre-ordering is most likely the only way to ensure receiving one.

1000 a month?  That is quite a bit.  Good to know.  I don't remember where but someone was saying that they pre-mine with it before shipping but I highly doubt that.  They seem like a fairly legit company from the sounds of it.

Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:21:18 PM

1000 a month?  That is quite a bit.  Good to know.  I don't remember where but someone was saying that they pre-mine with it before shipping but I highly doubt that.  They seem like a fairly legit company from the sounds of it.

As far as I can tell, they are one of the best manufacturers out there.

Some people always suspect a manufacturer to mine with customer units, but as 1000*3kW would mean having a 3MW facility just for premining, and power isn´t exactly cheap in Israel, I highly doubt that.

They can also make a much bigger profit by simply increasing their production, than bothering to mine on those machines.

To my understanding, spondoolies only has one 1 MW facility, and most of it is already in use by customer units (for hosted mining).
promojo (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:35:48 PM

1000 a month?  That is quite a bit.  Good to know.  I don't remember where but someone was saying that they pre-mine with it before shipping but I highly doubt that.  They seem like a fairly legit company from the sounds of it.

Some people always suspect a manufacturer to mine with customer units, but as 1000*3kW would mean having a 3MW facility just for premining, and power isn´t exactly cheap in Israel, I highly doubt that.

They can also make a much bigger profit by simply increasing their production, than bothering to mine on those machines.

To my understanding, spondoolies only has one 1 MW facility, and most of it is already in use by customer units (for hosted mining).

+1 for the info.   Thanks a lot.  Do you own a spondoolies unit?  How did you find out all this info?  I hope I don't get bit on this order where the difficulty goes crazy high with 11 TH/s... I wonder how long the life cycle will be for these units? 
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 09:24:13 PM

+1 for the info.   Thanks a lot.  Do you own a spondoolies unit?  How did you find out all this info?  I hope I don't get bit on this order where the difficulty goes crazy high with 11 TH/s... I wonder how long the life cycle will be for these units? 

I owned an SP10.  Spondoolies has been a great company to work with, and their gear is top notch.  I have personally spoken with Guy (their CEO) a few times, and have worked with Zvi (their software guru) to ensure my miner performed at peak.  Nothing but kudos to these guys for their hardware, and their customer service.

I did not get in on the SP30 group buy, and honestly, I'm glad I didn't - the machines unfortunately came back at much lower than expected rates with higher power consumption.  Here again, though, I need to give the SP guys a tip of the hat because they are working with people who ordered the machines to give them compensation for the differences between the actual machines and the initial specs.  If the SP31 was coming out early next month instead of in October I would have snapped a couple up.  For now, I'm running a bunch of S3s.  We'll see what the next few months brings... maybe I'll be in line for their next generation gear Smiley

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
promojo (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:27:24 AM

I owned an SP10.  Spondoolies has been a great company to work with, and their gear is top notch.  I have personally spoken with Guy (their CEO) a few times, and have worked with Zvi (their software guru) to ensure my miner performed at peak.  Nothing but kudos to these guys for their hardware, and their customer service.

I did not get in on the SP30 group buy, and honestly, I'm glad I didn't - the machines unfortunately came back at much lower than expected rates with higher power consumption.  Here again, though, I need to give the SP guys a tip of the hat because they are working with people who ordered the machines to give them compensation for the differences between the actual machines and the initial specs.  If the SP31 was coming out early next month instead of in October I would have snapped a couple up.  For now, I'm running a bunch of S3s.  We'll see what the next few months brings... maybe I'll be in line for their next generation gear Smiley

This speaks words!  Thank you!  Looking forward to this shipment...  I may pull the plug and buy these units in 10s.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:52:21 PM

I just ordered two SP31's that will provide 5.5TH/s per device.    11TH/s total.   Think these things will be totally obsolete in the next 6-8 months?

Grats on your order!

cxz

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:46:50 PM

i was promised a refund and to be compensated in early october. Its not half way through november and they are ignoring my daily emails. They responded with a generic email that made no sense. Has anybody recieved thier compensation yet?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: