Bitcoin Forum
December 10, 2016, 04:56:56 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for 4 BTC Loan for 2 Days  (Read 2036 times)
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 08:59:09 PM

Seriously Gweedo?

yea why? I look at it this way, if he runs away with 4btc, it isn't going to kill me and we find another scammer, otherwise I help a new member build some loan credit as well as make a quick and easy bitcoin. I think this dude is good and is going to pay me back so I have faith.

Have you stopped to think that maybe you just gave 4 BTC more to a new account of the SAME scammer?
Next time you can just throw away the bitcoins to the address in my signature. I will at least say "Thank you".

And then people ask how come there's so many scamers on this forum... I wonder why....
This guy actually has a good chance of being legit, based on my own personal risk analysis. I think Gweedo did the right thing here (although he might not realize how).

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 12:14:45 AM

Seriously Gweedo?

yea why? I look at it this way, if he runs away with 4btc, it isn't going to kill me and we find another scammer, otherwise I help a new member build some loan credit as well as make a quick and easy bitcoin. I think this dude is good and is going to pay me back so I have faith.

Have you stopped to think that maybe you just gave 4 BTC more to a new account of the SAME scammer?
Next time you can just throw away the bitcoins to the address in my signature. I will at least say "Thank you".

And then people ask how come there's so many scamers on this forum... I wonder why....
This guy actually has a good chance of being legit, based on my own personal risk analysis. I think Gweedo did the right thing here (although he might not realize how).

Yes, I also looked at his post history.
If he's legit, he'll pay. That's all I can say.
I'll refrain from saying more. Don't want people accusing me of being the reason for someone not paying their debt.

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Java, PHP, HTML/CSS Programmer for Hire!

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 12:24:06 AM

Seriously Gweedo?

Yes, I also looked at his post history.
If he's legit, he'll pay. That's all I can say.
I'll refrain from saying more. Don't want people accusing me of being the reason for someone not paying their debt.

Thanks Maged for your confident in my lending.

Want to earn 2500 SATOSHIS per hour? Come Chat and Chill in https://goseemybits.com/lobby
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1526

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 04:41:57 AM

Grin

THIS SPOT FOR RENT* | GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 05:21:05 AM

Well, moment of truth...

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 05:54:07 AM

Well, moment of truth...

I think he flaked out but I have a PM into him and if he doesn't answer tomorrow cause it is like 4am his time, we can chalk this up to a scammer

Want to earn 2500 SATOSHIS per hour? Come Chat and Chill in https://goseemybits.com/lobby
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 03:51:15 PM

Here's the formula he used:

1. Look up reputable users on http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratings.php
2. Cross-check to see if the username is already taken on Bitcointalk
3. No? Good! Make a new username for reputable member from bitcoin-otc.
4. Make a few posts to get out of Newbie status
5. Make a beeline to Lending

So fucking obvious, I'm just sorry you didn't notice the red flags.

THIS SPOT FOR RENT* | GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 966

BCJ

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 04:00:39 PM

Here's the formula he used:

1. Look up reputable users on http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratings.php
2. Cross-check to see if the username is already taken on Bitcointalk
3. No? Good! Make a new username for reputable member from bitcoin-otc.
4. Make a few posts to get out of Newbie status
5. Make a beeline to Lending

So fucking obvious, I'm just sorry you didn't notice the red flags.

Thanks for this Tomatocage.

Obvious to you but not to those of us still tying to figure this all out.

Very helpful.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 04:02:35 PM

So, BCB, who's the naysayer now?

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 04:14:30 PM

Yea I think it is time to call this a scammer, and it is what it is

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 04:25:26 PM

PSY: I take that back.  I guess the point I was trying to make it that you are Hammering people for even considering some of the trades/loans where as  Tomatocage give an explanation (unfortunately after the fact).

And gweedo if it really was a scam I'm going to send you 1 BTC for being a nice guy and contributing to our education.

Now we've all learned.

Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 04:32:12 PM

You're a good man, gweedo.  At least it was only ~$20 worth of BTC.  As a general rule of thumb for the future, anybody with an account less than 4-6 weeks old asking for handouts is 99% chance a scammer.

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 04:45:20 PM

Sent
e359a2add8fadc0eb208ce0be1a92fd1b9d08bbef53a1fce2510aa6629a02930
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 04:51:36 PM

That was nice of you, BCB Smiley

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 04:53:31 PM

Just trying to help a brother out.
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 04:54:54 PM

PSY: I take that back.  I guess the point I was trying to make it that you are Hammering people for even considering some of the trades/loans where as  Tomatocage give an explanation (unfortunately after the fact).

And gweedo if it really was a scam I'm going to send you 1 BTC for being a nice guy and contributing to our education.

Now we've all learned.

Thank you very much and bitcoins are a learning experience and we all make mistakes and that is how we learn, I still love bitcoins Smiley

You're a good man, gweedo.  At least it was only ~$20 worth of BTC.  As a general rule of thumb for the future, anybody with an account less than 4-6 weeks old asking for handouts is 99% chance a scammer.

I see it was I gave some a chance 4btc isn't a lot to me so if I could have helpped him out that would have been good, but it is what it is and we all learned something today.

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 05:03:17 PM

I think this video goes perfect for this thread...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3sX3aD6GSM

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1092

Will read PM's. Have more time lately

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 05:39:27 PM

You're a good man, gweedo.  At least it was only ~$20 worth of BTC.  As a general rule of thumb for the future, anybody with an account less than 4-6 weeks old asking for handouts is 99% chance a scammer.

This, especially the bolded parts. I'm too bored to call out scams this couple of days, and here they come again. (probably the same guy anyway)

My BTC Tip Jar: 1Pgvfy19uwtYe5o9dg3zZsAjgCPt3XZqz9 , GPG ID: B3AAEEB0 ,OTC ID: johnthedong
Escrow service is available on a case by case basis! (PM Me to verify I'm the escrow!)

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.