Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:30:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [VRC] | VeriCoin | POS-NSDI | VeriBit | VeriSend | VeriSMS | SuperNET Core  (Read 38457 times)
onsightit

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 01:08:30 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2015, 03:04:46 AM by onsightit

Well, It's been a while so I thought I would see what drivel is flowing through BCT concerning VeriCoin.  And... I see the usual suspects are still at it.  I will not speculate on why they are still active here (I could), but I will say that if you only listen to their side of the story, which IS speculation, you will miss out on all the amazing work that has been done by the developers (myself included) and the top-notch community that is very active on http://vericoinforums.com.

That said, I am more than happy to disclose my VRC holdings which amounts to roughly 55K VRC spread across a couple wallets.  At one time, I had over 100k VRC (before the SuperNET deal).  I was probably the least vested dev with only 25K VRC when I volunteered my programming skills to help Doug and Pat with a very heavy work load.  In one year, we have developed non-stop to make VeriCoin a legitimate contender in the PoS space, to the point where we now have the most advanced, secure PoS coin on the market - PoST (Proof of Stake Time).  More on that in the coming days, but it will be a game changer for those of us that stake instead of trade.

Let's drop all the nonsense and have some intelligent, productive discussions here.

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bavaria

Activity: 1032
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 09:46:46 AM

Good coin, always in constant development!
altcoinUK (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:52:43 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2015, 01:26:45 PM by altcoinUK

Well, It's been a while so I thought I would see what drivel is flowing through BCT concerning VeriCoin.  And... I see the usual suspects are still at it.  I will not speculate on why they are still active here (I could), but I will say that if you only listen to their side of the story, which IS speculation, you will miss out on all the amazing work that has been done by the developers (myself included) and the top-notch community that is very active on http://vericoinforums.com.

That said, I am more than happy to disclose my VRC holdings which amounts to roughly 55K VRC spread across a couple wallets.  At one time, I had over 100k VRC (before the SuperNET deal).  I was probably the least vested dev with only 25K VRC when I volunteered my programming skills to help Doug and Pat with a very heavy work load.  In one year, we have developed non-stop to make VeriCoin a legitimate contender in the PoS space, to the point where we now have the most advanced, secure PoS coin on the market - PoST (Proof of Stake Time).  More on that in the coming days, but it will be a game changer for those of us that stake instead of trade.

Let's drop all the nonsense and have some intelligent, productive discussions here.

That's cool and thanks for clarifying about your wallet and holdings. It's good to see that experienced professionals like yourself working on this coin even that - and that is certainly not your nor EffectToCause nor Pnosker fault - the work does not make much difference as this whole altcoin thing is a shamble. As I said earlier, very nice work on the new feature, but others are probably quite right too that such new PoS feature will not get a coin to the masses - probably nothing will.

On the note on the "top-notch community that is very active on" the new forum, that's quite a misleading interpretation of what you all do over there. You are simply trying to talk up the price at the new forum by giving the impression to naive and uninformed investors that this thing has a future at all by doing the good old cheerleader tricks such as lying about large purchases, showing all kind of nonsensical price charts and analysis, etc. That's not cool.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:54:41 PM

Stay tuned guys, there will be a new official VeriCoin bitcointalk thread this week run by the community.

Effects and Vericoin Team congrats on the hard work! Really impressed with the White Paper....great read!

Can I make one suggestion for this new community run forum...please make it semi-moderated. We all saw what happened to the last Vericoin forum being hijacked by certain individuals who only wanted to stir the pot with negativity, spreading fear or all out lies. At least put it to a vote...thanks

You mean a controlled and manipulated vote like the last time around? No one CAN hijack any thread, it's an impossibility. Never happened (in this coin or in others) but, obviously, you blatantly lie under the self-conviction that it can although it is very easy to check that it never, ever happened. To any coin.

Have fiun with the boot on your neck and dreaming it's yours on the neck of everyone else. The nazis also believed they were doing humanity as a whole a great service, you know....

Ladies and Gentlemen...I present to you the one and only Barabbas! Everyone knows...no need to pretend Barabbas

it is hilarious, because the idea that trolls could just easily make new accounts to manipulate the vote could never happen.

altcoinuk and barabbas are without doubt payed trolls.
Atleast regarding barabbas i'm sure of it, because he got doxed: he's a jobless/retired actor who spends 12-18 hours a day on on bitcointalk.org.

Seeing that he doesn't participate actively on any project you can only conclude that he's a payed troll/fudder/shill etc. pp.

( i just can't believe someone in his 50's with a job can spent 12-18 hours a day on a forum while earning money and no, barabbas is not a millionaire )

*edit

btw. dont get deluded by both of them, because between 100 post of them there are actually only like 5 with facts and real arguments.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:36:52 AM

And paid by who you dumb fuck?

altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:39:55 AM

Anyway, it seems there are some price improvements with VeriCoin. I was just wondering, who is pumping the coin?
M28MmickT

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

BTG CEO

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 02:03:48 AM

And paid by who you dumb fuck?

Why so angry?

altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 12:25:17 AM

So nothing has changed for Vericoin. The mini pump is over and the dumpers keep slow dumping the thing.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 12:50:46 AM

Anyway, it seems there are some price improvements with VeriCoin. I was just wondering, who is pumping the coin?

There have been a rash of pumps across the board and, selectively, taking some coins, like VRC, sky high from very depressed levels. Latest example, Feathercoin. But there are many. I'd like to have an explanation for it... The only thing I can see is the James is doing very, very well at BTCD and that other supernet plays have performed extremely well -and continue doing so, remarkably in the case of BTCD and SYSCO. So I have to chalk the pump out to the supernet connection since there's nothing else that even remotely would justify the otherwise quite impressive price jump.

That said I fully expect this thing to come back to medium to low singles in not too long a period of time.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 11:25:52 AM

There have been a rash of pumps across the board and, selectively, taking some coins, like VRC, sky high from very depressed levels. Latest example, Feathercoin. But there are many. I'd like to have an explanation for it... The only thing I can see is the James is doing very, very well at BTCD and that other supernet plays have performed extremely well -and continue doing so, remarkably in the case of BTCD and SYSCO. So I have to chalk the pump out to the supernet connection since there's nothing else that even remotely would justify the otherwise quite impressive price jump.

That said I fully expect this thing to come back to medium to low singles in not too long a period of time.

Thanks for the info, I am not following intensely crypto lately and I was not aware of that James' Supernet coins are doing well. Last time, a few months ago I checked, it seemed to me the assets are completely useless, hopeless but hyped things. Though they (Supernet) have lots of cash, after all they have collected millions $ from their believers/supporters and it is not hard to move this dead market with 1,000 BTC, so if BTCD and SYSCO are doing well probably James is pumping them.

Do you know more about what's happening with Supernet? It was told the software will be released  by January and the killer Vericoin feature will be released by March. Of course there is no killer Vericoin feature, and I understand James is working and checking in work to the source repository - hurrah, for the $2.5 million investment he is coding and checking in some work - , but is that vaporware will be ever released?

Can I ask your opinion, what you think where this whole crypto is heading to? I am still actively trading with BTC, and crowfunding/supporting a few specialized alt projects (Skycoin, Tilecoin, Gadgetcoin) just to support the devs and tech, but not sure about the viability of alts at all. The smart contract idea failed to make any impact at all, you were quite right in pointing out at some other places that no one is using smart contracts (now), the real world businesses are not interested in such solution, I can see your point about the problems with decentralized market solutions, and you are quite right the regulators will try to shut down any market that deals with illegal content. (The Horowitz boys just invested US$1 million in Openbazar, but it seems to me the VCs are interested in the market rather than the digital currency aspect of the project.)
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 04:29:34 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2015, 04:54:05 PM by altcoinUK

Many of us including me most of the time are critical with the VRC devs, questioning their ability, skills and commitment to the coin. I think we need to view their work in the context of digital currency software development as a whole. The context is that the lead developer of Vertcoin, the shining star of the charts is a 17 years old school boy who is right now as we speak preparing for his A level exams. In contrast what we thought it is, this is crypto and digital currency right now. 17 years old school boys are the developers and low life scammers pumping and dumping the coins.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 05:33:27 PM

You are absolutely correct in this last post...   and thereby lays the root of the problem: We are dealing with teen-agerish  (some into the 30s and 40s but still) geeks, unhinged jerkoffs finally getting off their parents' basements, through easy hacking-scamming means and having drugs, prostitutes instead of their usual solo show. THAT is the main problem... but also, in the higher skeleton, we have all kinds of manipulation and dissent. Half the BTC people is leaving (has left) to start their own BTC while the other half doesn't know how to solve the blockchain bloating problem... it's a mess. And the price rightfully reflects what's going on backstage. Solutions? Only time, no quick fixes because the problem is character so it is fully dependent on that. The sole exception -and I know you don't like this- is NXT and the James environment. Mind you, Jame's  modus operandi is quite blemished in many ways -no freedom, just following him, the worst-, including his Napoleonic complex and his refusal to come out of the woodwork... that in severely hindering his own possibilities in the real world, but truth be told, he is the ONLY ONE IN CRYPTO fully delivering in his promises. And that accounts for a lot of his success. I don't know much about his main enterprise in coin-world, BTCD but it just started paying the promised dividends and everyone seems happy with it while the price skyrockets... which is a double sword weapon because the higher it get the less meaningful the dividents, but they are there. He has an obvious problem still fully monetizing supernet but it is a clear advancement over NXT which is the sole shinning star in crypto -development is off the charts, eons ahed of the rest- whose success is so big that just to follow it results in something so complex and demanding that most people simply refuse. They are failing flat at making NXT accessible and usable and understandable to the common folk, but to anyone tech inclined, they are flawless and going EVERYWHERE, quite literally. They will EVENTUALLY find a way to monetize that success, while most of "the 73" continue dumping their new found wealth and making the distribution of NEXT more efficient. That severe and constant dumping is what holds the price of NEXT at levels roughly 1/4 where they should be in my estimation. But that problem will eventually be solved when the 73, or most of them, are either out of coins of with the ones they want to hold long term. People who think -like you- should invest 90% of their available investment capital there at current prices. It's the only winning proposition at high tech level in crypto's horizon.

As for start ups, that's more of your field than mine. The only one I am interested in, which I told you about long ago, is Mango. Because it is free. Well, now -still in beta I'm afraid-, it is already worth something... but that little, centralized app can easily be a life changer for early investors. Already trading between 20-40k sat, the Chinese are extremely interested in it and if the three kids that are developing would have anything under their scalp it would be stratospheric already. It is a potential huge winner and I am going to be actively participating, on my own. I will PM you on this. Expect great things there because the price can easily skyrocket...

On another coin, POT, I am invested -have had a good run of late since it was so absurdly cheap-. They are doing things right now there and they have an evident and growing exponentially use case. It's niche, but the best possible niche in crypto. They will be their own world within the crypto world, but I believe there's a lot of room to grow there and the "only" thing they have to do is maintain what they already have: Credibility in contrast with their mock offs.

Have a great weekend..
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 03:24:26 PM

Thanks, I was not aware James is actually delivering. That's great and I will be very happy to admit that I was wrong about him if he really come cross with a finished product. If he delivers then it is great for crypto and digital currencies in general, and I guess it is great for VRC bagholders.

The NXT ecosystem is really impressive. I wish its distribution model would be more fair and less the playground of the 1-2 founders.

POT seems interesting as well - at least it is related with a real world use case which is not the case with 99.9% of digital currencies.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 07:18:25 PM

I wish its distribution model would be more fair and less the playground of the 1-2 founders.

Would do you mean by the playground of the 1-2 founders? The NXT development, including its projects around the framework, is fairly distributed compared to most other coins. i don't want to say it is good but it is better than for most others.
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 08:03:09 PM

Many of us including me most of the time are critical with the VRC devs, questioning their ability, skills and commitment to the coin. I think we need to view their work in the context of digital currency software development as a whole. The context is that the lead developer of Vertcoin, the shining star of the charts is a 17 years old school boy who is right now as we speak preparing for his A level exams. In contrast what we thought it is, this is crypto and digital currency right now. 17 years old school boys are the developers and low life scammers pumping and dumping the coins.

I heard the VTC dev was taking time off to have a kid, and was the last dev left for VTC. Clearly there are some major pumps coming out of China that have nothing to do with development of what many of us look at for value. VRC has managed a slot on Jubi, which is impressive, but of course there is dubious volume there. FYI, For all the coins out there this seems an odd target for hating, but whatever, had my orders filled at 6k I would have made a ton on VRC yet again, but they never filled.

(also amusing some people reposted a poll I had in my Crypto group here, that was an attempt at humor more than anything serious...)

altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 11:44:50 AM

I wish its distribution model would be more fair and less the playground of the 1-2 founders.

... The NXT development, including its projects around the framework, is fairly distributed compared to most other coins. ...

Perhaps the projects and development are fairly distributed in NXT, but the coins are not, and that is one of my issues with NXT.

Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 01:12:35 PM

VRC is doing pretty well Smiley

I'm holding some.

I would like to have some comments on the image! (from my evaluation I think we are seeing a lot of support being accumulated)

What do you say? Do you think VRC price will break its highest peak (about 0.000536) before the end of this year?
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 11:39:40 PM

VRC is doing pretty well Smiley

I'm holding some.

I would like to have some comments on the image! (from my evaluation I think we are seeing a lot of support being accumulated)

What do you say? Do you think VRC price will break its highest peak (about 0.000536) before the end of this year?

Those volume spikes are interesting, but they're not anybody accumulating in preparation for a pump or anything. Accumulation like that is always more subtle. What I find really interesting is the fact that the recent rally and drop was accompanied by low, stable volume. That's unusual.

Will VRC hit a new high this year? Who knows. There's nothing in that chart that says that it will or won't, but I'm hoping that it happens.

altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 10:46:43 PM

There's nothing in that chart that says that it will or won't

That's for sure is the case and I can agree with that.

It is hilarious when dreamers, cheerleaders and pathetic P&D footsoldiers analyze the "chart" to find justification for their prediction which of course - and not surprisingly - projects increasing price. The "chart" which is absolutely unrelated to any normal economic dynamics, the "chart" that has nothing to do with any normal investor activities, but it is the pure product of 4-5 wankers and a lot more bots which "trading" efforts try to scam out a few bucks from each other and the less and less naive new users.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 03:55:29 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2015, 04:11:56 PM by altcoinUK

The price is dropping again. It is not really fair to the developers as - even we know the shady side of Effect and PNosker - they are  at least still around and have not ran away from the project.

RANT on:

Strange environment this crypto became or perhaps it always has been. I read in some other thread a user was worry about whether some design is POW/POS and he was upset about the lack of some POW/POS malarkey and what a fucking big thing the POW/POS question in the evolution of mankind (he didn't say this but I interpreted like this his concerns). While end users don't give a fuck about POW/POS, what matters for example for a business: does digital currency save money for my business ergo generate more revenue? No wonder no one is using digital currencies and the user base of digital currency is limited to the 300,000 daily visitors of this forum. Developers should focus on usability and practicality instead of nonsenses like optimizing POW/POS features - which features by the way used by absolutely nobody as the fucking currency is used by nobody in the first place. The VRC devs were busy for 6 months with implementing some fucking POS timing malarkey which I am sure has its technical justification, but what's the point of the fucking POS timing if nobody is using the fucking thing? That's not my business with what the VRC devs spend their time, but it is just painful to watch that the effort and work of talented young scientists are related to absolutely meaningless development instead of focusing on usability, practicality and finding real world use cases for the coin.

RANT over.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: