Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:00:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hard reset on Antminer S1 or no? Need help to config  (Read 3269 times)
gbm91 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:12:48 AM

I just received my Antminer S1 a few days ago- at first I had trouble connecting to the antminer, changing the IP address and getting it to start mining. I had the Antminer connected to my router via Ethernet cable WAN, and was able to access the miner's GUI with the antminer's IP address using my browser on my PC that was wirelessly connected to my router.  IP addresses were fine, everything seemed to be okay and the antminer seemed to be connected to the internet (it was not clicking or making any noises) but it didn't seem to start mining, even after adding pool information.

I entered the antminer's gui to try and figure out how to get it to start mining- I decided to set up the antminer's wireless by scaning for wireless network and setting it up; it connected to the wireless network fine, 100%. After that I "shut down" (not deleted) the WAN in the "networks" section of the miner's gui. The green lights started blinking on the miner, and finally it started mining! I checked BTC guild and it was mining at a good hash rate. I was relieved to see this finally working.

My problem is that now, I can't access my antminer's gui. The antminer is wirelessly connected to my router, as is my PC. I can't use the miner's IP address in my pc's browser to enter the GUI. I can't connect my antminer to my PC via Ethernet cable and access it via browser using the miner's IP address either. I think this is because I shutdown the WAN in the antminer's GUI. Either way, I can't access the miner's GUI to change configurations. Does anybody have any idea of what's wrong? Would a hard reset delete all my settings? Would it fix my problem of trying to connect to the GUI using the miner's IP address via browser with my PC connected wirelessly to the router, as is my antminer?

Thanks a bunch guys. This is my first post, and I hope I can contribute to this community as much as I get help from it.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vikingfr

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:44:01 PM

Are you using the WAN IP or the WLAN IP ?
wifi and ethernet don't use the same IP by default.
gbm91 (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:59:24 PM

Are you using the WAN IP or the WLAN IP ?
wifi and ethernet don't use the same IP by default.

I'm not entirely sure and cannot check right now because, as you know, I can not enter the Antminer s1's GUI through my browser. But before it started mining (before I scanned for/setup the antminer's wifi to connect to my router wirelessly + "shutting down"...not deleting the WAN) I was using the antminer's IPV4 address (whatever that is, I believe it was in the Network>WAN section, I'm not sure and I'm not familiar with the miner's GUI but it's the same page where I can choose/set a DNS address also [and I think the option to check DHCP client? but maybe not]) The IPV4 address, 192.168.2.206, is what I was using to successfully access the GUI through my pc's browser. My router's IP address has the same subnet value (2) making it compatible. Everything is still mining fine, I'm checking the progress through my pool's website, but still just can't gain access to the antminer's GUI using it's IP address in the browser of my PC- the PC is connected to the same wireless network that my antminer is connected to/mining on. Thanks for your reply also, really. I really do appreciate even taking the time to attempt to help out, If I can return the favor in any way, please let me know.
Vikingfr

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:28:19 AM

Check your router for the wlan IP of the S1. Something like "dhcp lease".
If you have an android phone (using wifi), you can use "fing" to scan all IPs in use in your network.

buysolar

Activity: 125
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 07:33:45 PM

Having pretty much the same problem. I set up my antminer S1 to mine wirelessly. I can't log into it when it is running wirelessly. It is mining but I can't log into it wirelessly. I set the wireless ip address to static, and I can see it on my routers list of attached devices. But the only way for me to log into it... is if I plug an ethernet cable into it. What am I not doing right? Why can't I log into it wirelessly? Is it not designed to allow that? Please help thanks.
buysolar

Activity: 125
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:27:41 PM

So I let it sit for a couple hours and tried logging in again, and I was able to. Then I set up another one, same issue. But let it sit over night and now I can log into it, unfortunately the second one is not hashing, while connected wirelessly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: