Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:20:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinsSource Journalist Aleppo Allesadero Fired  (Read 4420 times)
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 09:29:31 PM

Altcoin scene has been taken advantage of during the past year by many of these pump and dump groups completely. Now that the blood is thin and no one is falling for their schemes, they turn on each other.

Real money is watching. They are not impressed, to say the least.
ib88 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 10:08:20 PM

Also the CEO of CoinsSource has commented in this thread and hasn't refuted any of the claims. What does that tell you?

No i just don't mind these claims, everyone is entitled to their opinion and whatever else, there is nothing i can do to stop it. On Bitcointalk anyone is free to express their opinion good or bad, fud or not. This is just the unregulated, decentralized nature of digital currencies.  

In this scenario, i believe you are pretty much wasting your time with this situation. There was 1 mishap with shadowcoin article where it did not get cross-examined by our editors, and we apologized for that. Everything else will remain consistent with what we've done and tried to achieve.

(edit) Personally, I don't appreciate this skepticism, and fact-less based arguments. I sent you a very thorough response through PM, and yet you've not inclined to quote it any shape or manner.

Spoetnik already crowned himself king when it comes to this sort of thing, i don't foresee any uprising against him soon for that throne.

I know you responded and I've already acknowledged that in this thread. I didn't post it because it doesn't address any of the claims made in this thread. Claims backed by strong evidence. These claims revolve around your website giving someone a platform to publicize their own biased agenda. Here was your unsatisfactory response:

"He tries to put a positive spin on this by stating the coin has since risen to 18k satoshis lol"

Hello Ib88,

Thank you for contacting me regarding Alleppo.

The quote above made me laugh pretty hard. Anyways, i appreciate your great concern for Coins Source's journalists, but i'm going to clearly state here, Coins Source has almost no agenda, but to help progress the digital currency climate into the future.

Several of our articles have been taken out of reference, several coins that we write about are during a major market-movement, to highlight (most of the time) the good behind the coin, and why it was successful. I'm personally an advocator of all good development, good coins, and etc and in always contact with a vast amount of developers.

Now in certain instance there is a lot of confusion behind coins, most recently blocknet. We put forth our time and effort into really digging into the fud, and finding out the source of it all. We pain pictures in positive, negative and neutral lighting (such as blocknet) and let the reader decide for themselves.

Coins Source isn't the highest funded journalist site, and i can say here, with 100% certainty, we have never been paid for any coverage, any article, or anything whatsoever outside of the advertising, sponsored stories and trust verifications. We truly run on a tight budget, and we work our hardest to bring quality news, and investment advice to the reader, we have a strong passion and desire to do what we do.

Sometimes articles come up for scrutiny due to bias, which is found almost everywhere. But since we like to cover relevant coins, markets they come under the heaviest light. We make sure not to influence markets in any shape or manner (after the keycoin incident)

While not everything is clear, we are working our hardest. We can assure you that, we want to reach out to all digital currencies and make it a global force, which we've slowly doing, through effort, whereas few have dared to venture.

I really hope you can see the light from our perspective, alleppo is a good journalist and does not mean any harm, is not paid-off or anything you would regard him as.

Feel free to contact me anytime, my communication channels are open for anyone. Come speak with me mate, i won't bite.

Best Regards,

T.k. Hamed
CEO & Founder of Coins Source Inc.
1-562-794-5097

Even you laughed at the stupidity of Aleppo's market analysis.

"Personally, I don't appreciate this skepticism, and fact-less based arguments." Which is ironic because that is the basis of the original article that was published on YOUR website. And please stop with the condescending "king" remark. This all comes to an end on my part when 2 things happen:

1. CoinsSource issue an apology on their website and twitter stating that the original article presented an unbalanced and biased opinion and that you should've waited for Dan to respond to all the allegations before prematurely publishing it.

2. No more articles by Aleppo Allesadero appear on your website.

This is how you write an article btw:

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/chronology-of-the-smear-campaign-against-the-blocknet

Try to learn something from them.
ib88 (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:21:50 AM

i already pointed out the coinsource guy is a corrupt lying noob.
he is also a coin cloner and scammer.

not sure how many times i have to type out a giant wall of text none of you give a fuck about LOL

summary.. little shit shows up here in Dec2013 then starts coin cloning and then with IPO's etc
then he has the bright idea to approve coins ROFL

if that doesn't clue you all in nothing will..

Where have you pointed this out, link please??

Spoetnik is deeply in love with Coins Source. Really wish i could reciprocate those feelings to you over a Phone chat... as i sit here waiting for (edit) the* phone call.

Here's the thread referencing Spotneik's Passion for Coins Source:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=716264.msg8562944#msg8562944

tk808, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my PM. I had a long-winded response but won't send it as I see you've pulled the article.

FWIW, I've read many good, informative and unbiased articles on your website. I commend you on that. I've particularly enjoyed the XC articles you've published in the past being an XC investor. However, all the positive news pertaining to XC has been completely wiped out and made redundant by this one appalling article by Aleppo. A lot of people in crypto are just casual investors who have read that article and now associate Dan Metcalf with the word scam and have already exited his projects and won't ever be back. What's done is done.

You might not think there's anything sinister behind Aleppo's motives but the trail of evidence against him is quite compelling. At the very least he is an extremely poor journalist. Read his other articles, especially the market analysis sections - He always speculates on a coins potential value. I don't believe a journalist should ever do this as it amounts to offering financial advice based on their own opinion. Anyway I'll drop this Aleppo vendetta. Regardless of his questionable morals, he's still a very poor journalist. I will be keeping a very close eye on him.

I still think you should issue a public statement with an apology to Dan Metcalf. If the world of crypto is ever to be taken seriously then we need to hold ourselves to the same standards as other industries. If a newspaper wrote such libelous claims based on such conjecture then they would be forced to publish a public apology. CoinsSource should do the same.

Please do keep a eye on him but were pretty harsh from what i've read ...

edit : "he's still a very poor journalist" how so ? is this a opinion BTC fact ?It seems as if you had targeted him because of that one article and i haven't even seen his name on the forum anywhere Huh

you deceitful coward.

https://i.imgur.com/Iof1cBB.jpg?1

Have you anything to say for yourself?
Skatebird
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:32:17 AM

These FUDders are pathitics lolll

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
OnyxRara

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:34:21 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2lalt4/chronology_of_the_smear_campaign_against_the/

Article actually written by xc spin doctor!  Cheesy
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:45:14 AM

not sure how many times i have to type out a giant wall of text none of you give a fuck about LOL

summary.. little shit shows up here in Dec2013 then starts coin cloning and then with IPO's etc

Spoetnik is deeply in love with Coins Source. Really wish i could reciprocate those feelings to you over a Phone chat... as i sit here waiting for (edit) the* phone call.

tk808, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my PM. I had a long-winded response but won't send it as I see you've pulled the article.

FWIW, I've read many good, informative and unbiased articles on your website. I commend you on that. I've particularly enjoyed the XC articles you've published in the past being an XC investor. However, all the positive news pertaining to XC has been completely wiped out and made redundant by this one appalling article by Aleppo. A lot of people in crypto are just casual investors who have read that article and now associate Dan Metcalf with the word scam and have already exited his projects and won't ever be back. What's done is done.

You might not think there's anything sinister behind Aleppo's motives but the trail of evidence against him is quite compelling. At the very least he is an extremely poor journalist. Read his other articles, especially the market analysis sections - He always speculates on a coins potential value. I don't believe a journalist should ever do this as it amounts to offering financial advice based on their own opinion. Anyway I'll drop this Aleppo vendetta. Regardless of his questionable morals, he's still a very poor journalist. I will be keeping a very close eye on him.

I still think you should issue a public statement with an apology to Dan Metcalf. If the world of crypto is ever to be taken seriously then we need to hold ourselves to the same standards as other industries. If a newspaper wrote such libelous claims based on such conjecture then they would be forced to publish a public apology. CoinsSource should do the same.

edit : "he's still a very poor journalist" how so ? is this a opinion BTC fact ?It seems as if you had targeted him because of that one article and i haven't even seen his name on the forum anywhere Huh

you deceitful coward.

You are really clutching at straws now, you just render your arguments invalid every time! You have zero proof of anything..Give up, you lose, deal with it like a man instead of a 9 year old! Hell i know 9 y/o that deal with fail better then you. I'd be ashamed of yourself if i was you. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if that hits you soon and you neck yourself!
ib88 (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:50:32 AM

Guess you didn't read the full article.

Full disclosure: I am the writer of this article and I work for XC. I believe the account of events to be true and well substantiated. Nonetheless it is important for readers to be aware of my subject position and therefore the scope for reinterpretation that the facts may allow from differing perspectives. No situation is fully determinate and thus no situation only admits of one possible reading. However I stand by the opinions represented in this text and believe them to be faithful to the facts.

Aleppo's article included no such disclosure. His would've read:

"I'm an unethical journalist so don't believe a word I write"

Check mate
OnyxRara

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:52:42 AM

Guess you didn't read the full article.

Full disclosure: I am the writer of this article and I work for XC. I believe the account of events to be true and well substantiated. Nonetheless it is important for readers to be aware of my subject position and therefore the scope for reinterpretation that the facts may allow from differing perspectives. No situation is fully determinate and thus no situation only admits of one possible reading. However I stand by the opinions represented in this text and believe them to be faithful to the facts.

Aleppo's article included no such disclosure. His would've read:

"I'm an unethical journalist so don't believe a word I write"

Check mate

Guess you didn't read the reddit comments. The article wasn't published under his name, he added it as a comment after some guy took him to task on reddit about it. Look at the times. Isn't this kinda double standards on your part? Do you work for xc? Not being funny, it's just your reaction's not very natural and you seem to be deliberately trying to mislead people here.
ib88 (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:56:36 AM

you deceitful coward.

You are really clutching at straws now, you just render your arguments invalid every time! You have zero proof of anything..Give up, you lose, deal with it like a man instead of a 9 year old! Hell i know 9 y/o that deal with fail better then you. I'd be ashamed of yourself if i was you. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if that hits you soon and you neck yourself!

Haha you SDC trolls are really losing it.

Your smear campaign has completely unravelled. Love it!  Grin
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:07:52 AM

aaaaaaaaaand its gone! trying to buy BLOCK! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPvs9XjHOkI
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:12:18 AM

This guy sums it up pretty well.

So they exposed the truth about Dan.

How does the fact that this information leak was premeditated take away from the fact that it's all now confirmed to be genuine?

They wanted to find an honest journalist who would be willing to write a truthful article which would expose the facts. Now they don't seem like a particularly honest bunch themselves but it seems they were part of this "inner circle" and knew what was behind XC and Blocknet. They knew exposing the truth would save people money, so I can't really fault them for that. These lines in particular are interesting:

9:52 AM <•MrBoh> coindada said the devs are all planing on making abusrd btc offf this
9:54 AM <•MrBoh> he seems worried its gonna backfire on him though
9:54 AM <•MrBoh> the way hes talking... saying "if we can pul it off"
9:58 AM <•MrBoh> just think its fucked people gonan get burnt hard on blocknet

You drawing attention to the fact that people from Shadowcoin were behind this info leak just sounds like an attempt to divert attention away from the fact that all these things that you were refusing to acknowledge as genuine and dismissing as baseless "FUD" are true.

You seem like you're trying to imply that because they potentially have something to gain from the downfall of XC and Blocknet(they are a competing coin after all) that everything that's been confirmed to be true now by Dan and Prometheus themselves should be discarded. I don't follow that logic.
ib88 (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 11:24:57 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2014, 12:50:37 PM by ib88

you deceitful coward.

https://i.imgur.com/Iof1cBB.jpg?1

Yet ANOTHER incriminating post by Aleppo:

https://i.imgur.com/xy25cWq.jpg?2

You formed the opinion that refunds should be given out on the Blocknet. This was before you published the article. How is it possible to write an unbiased and balanced piece when you have already stated that there should be a refund? Your article deliberately aimed to defame Dan Metcalf's character and so too the Blocknet project.

I've been criticised in this thread for not providing proof and basing everything off my own opinion. The above screenshots is IRREFUTABLE PROOF! Do you have anything to say in your defence, Aleppo? Although, how does one defend the indefensible. You've seen all the above proof and yet refuse to respond. Your silence speaks volumes.

tk808 - Do you have anything to say in light of this proof? Will you still continue to publish Aleppo's articles now that it has been proven he uses your website as a medium to project his own agenda? What is your vetting process for journalists to write for you, it seems you allow anyone to write any old shit.
cassius69

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 11:34:57 AM

its fun to watch so many assholes use words like 'defame' and slander when it doesnt amount to shit.  Grin

ib88 (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 11:38:56 AM

its fun to watch so many assholes use words like 'defame' and slander when it doesnt amount to shit.  Grin

A wild supernet shill appears! I understand you do some sort of pr work for supernet?

And to your comment - did you have the same response when people accused supernet of being a scam? Hypocrite
srgkrgkj
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:46:46 PM

Hi,
im not being deceitful in any way my post history is public.
It seems as if you have a personal vendetta against me which you claimed to have "dropped" which is why i talked in 3rd person about myself or else bias and emotion would have come into play when you made judgments on me.

~A.A~ #career not dead yet

ib88 (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:34:06 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2014, 08:55:02 PM by ib88

Hi,
im not being deceitful in any way my post history is public.
It seems as if you have a personal vendetta against me which you claimed to have "dropped" which is why i talked in 3rd person about myself or else bias and emotion would have come into play when you made judgments on me.

~A.A~ #career not dead yet

You came into this thread and deliberately tried to give the impression that you aren't Aleppo. That is deceitful. I said I dropped it, yes, but that was before I discovered the irrefutable proof.

I don't know you at all. Your name hadn't even registered on my radar until you wrote that disgraceful agenda-driven article. In fact, knowing these new facts about you, one would have to say you're the one with the personal vendetta against Dan (or else it was for financial gain). You haven't even tried to counter any of the proof.

What was the content of your PM to NoMoreLies by the way? For anyone reading who might need context: 'NoMoreLies' is an account created when the fud-storm against Dan, XC and Blocknet all started. The account was solely used to spam the forum with baseless allegations against Dan and his projects. Aleppo stated in one of 'NoMoreLies'' threads that "Yep the money should be handed back over" in relation to the Blocknet funds. In the main "Scam" thread, created by 'NoMoreLies' (who is more than likely TrollsRoyce) you commented 'Check pm NoMoreLies mate i sent you a message Cheesy'. This was the night before your article was published. No doubt the contents of that pm is about the article and you were sending it to him to go over before publishing it on CoinsSource. You even quoted 'NoMoreLies' in the article. It's so ironic his handle is 'NoMoreLies' btw! Cheesy

Your career is not dead yet but I haven't even started. When I get time this week, I'll be putting together all the facts in a balanced and unbiased article that I'll put up on some blog hosting website. This will serve as a deterrent to any prospective employer who does an ounce of research on you. It will show just how 'credible' a journalist you really are. I'll post a link to it in response to any 'Aleppo Allesadero' article that appears online. This will allow your audience to know that you have a history of corruption and your word is not to be trusted.

It will be interesting to hear tk808's take on the matter.
ProfX

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:15:52 PM

NomoreLies is a confirmed SDC troll. Three of my posts in the BlockNET scam thread have been deleted. Their agenda is clear that at this point they only want more FUD to pile up into that thread. There is no denying the fact that Alessandro has ties to SDC. I am just trying to figure out what he has at stake with SDC, if he is involved in their inner circle of pumpers, scammers and trolls or if he has been paid a hefty sum to follow the SDC agenda and write about what ever they are trying to push. Either way, I would like coin source to issue an apology statement about that article and also see it that Alessandro is fired for his unprofessional journalism.
srgkrgkj
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:22:03 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2014, 09:34:02 PM by srgkrgkj

The PM was asking for a statement on the scam accusation like a brief interview i had even confirmed with TK that i would be using the source and he didn't mind, i can't share the communication i had when we confirmed as ive signed a NDA with him...

"Yep the money should be handed back over", just my opinion besides i could accuse you of the same thing promoting this article: http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/chronology-of-the-smear-campaign-against-the-blocknet
which claims the whole incident was part of a smear campaign ...

Btw i had no prior knowledge of NoMoreLies previous incidents or his background so please do not pair us together for the wrong reasons.

I CAN PUT MY HAND ON MY HEART AND SAY I HAVE NOT ACCEPTED A SINGLE SATOSHI/DOLLAR FROM SDC
believe me or not its your call at the end of the day

btw Profx im fired from CS what can i do to prove that i have no ties to SDC :?

edit - ib88 your post history is pretty much XC and Blocknet i understand you have everything to lose i can sympathize with you and your position but these continuous attacks are a sign of desperation. I have never made any direct threat to you not even a hint yet you continue to attack...   

LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 10:20:34 PM

NomoreLies is a confirmed SDC troll. Three of my posts in the BlockNET scam thread have been deleted. Their agenda is clear that at this point they only want more FUD to pile up into that thread. There is no denying the fact that Alessandro has ties to SDC. I am just trying to figure out what he has at stake with SDC, if he is involved in their inner circle of pumpers, scammers and trolls or if he has been paid a hefty sum to follow the SDC agenda and write about what ever they are trying to push. Either way, I would like coin source to issue an apology statement about that article and also see it that Alessandro is fired for his unprofessional journalism.
You still trying to pin all this on Shadow project..Like it somehow hurts it and thus hurts us! Kid you're way out of your league!
ib88 (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 11:05:48 PM

The PM was asking for a statement on the scam accusation like a brief interview i had even confirmed with TK that i would be using the source and he didn't mind, i can't share the communication i had when we confirmed as ive signed a NDA with him...

I'm hugely skeptical of your claims about the content of that PM. Can you at least show proof that the NDA exists? You can edit out personal details but include a provable timestamp. No decent journalist would ask for an interview with a troll account that has a clear agenda against Dan and his projects. 'NoMoreLies' account was created solely for the purpose of this smear campaign. This is obvious from his post history. You're well used to these forums so you can't claim ignorance. Regardless, any good journalist puts in research before writing. It would've taken all of 2 minutes of research to see 'NoMoreLies' is nothing but a troll account.

"Yep the money should be handed back over", just my opinion besides i could accuse you of the same thing promoting this article: http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/chronology-of-the-smear-campaign-against-the-blocknet
which claims the whole incident was part of a smear campaign ...

The fact that that was your opinion is the problem. This opinion was formed before you wrote the article. You were, therefore, in no position to write an unbiased and balanced piece on the whole debacle. If you wrote it in your own personal blog that would've been fine. But you abused your position as a journalist on CoinsSource to further validate these trolls' smear campaign. That article you link was written by XC PR guy and STILL displays less bias than your article. What does that tell you?

Btw i had no prior knowledge of NoMoreLies previous incidents or his background so please do not pair us together for the wrong reasons.

Again, ignorance can't be an excuse here. Like I said 2 minutes of research would tell you what he's all about.

I CAN PUT MY HAND ON MY HEART AND SAY I HAVE NOT ACCEPTED A SINGLE SATOSHI/DOLLAR FROM SDC
believe me or not its your call at the end of the day

Are you saying you had no financial gain whatsoever? Well, I'm sorry but I can't think of any other motive for such an obvious agenda-driven article. The thing is I think 99% of your articles are fine but I believe you perhaps made one bad judgement call here by colluding with these guys. Who's to say you won't do it again though?

btw Profx im fired from CS what can i do to prove that i have no ties to SDC :?

Well you have no one to blame but yourself here. I hope you've learned your lesson. CS have obviously cut ties with you largely based on my findings here, i gather. When TK808 felt I didn't have concrete proof he had no problem engaging in a discussion with me. Now that the truth is out he's ignoring CoinsSource part in all this, hoping it just gets forgotten about. He's fired you but hasn't taken any accountability himself for this. I hope his absence is because he's busy preparing a public apology on CoinsSource. I won't hold my breath though.

I guess you can't prove you don't have ties. Your ties, I believe are with SDC troll group, not with SDC itself in case there's a misunderstanding here. You're continued denial of your association with them is obviously in your best interests but I find it very far-fetched.

edit - ib88 your post history is pretty much XC and Blocknet i understand you have everything to lose i can sympathize with you and your position but these continuous attacks are a sign of desperation. I have never made any direct threat to you not even a hint yet you continue to attack...   

Yes, a big part of all this is due to my investment interests. What you don't seem to realise is that thousands of people have invested their hard-earned money into XC and Blocknet. You have unfairly caused irreparable damage by writing that article - an article that has contributed to the value of these investments dropping significantly. This is completely unfair. Intelligent people can see through the smear campaign the SDC trolls have orchestrated on these forums. However, by CoinsSource publishing your article it has given credibility to these scumbags. Thankfully the article has since been pulled. The damage has already been done though. There are many people who have read that article and will forever associate Dan Metcalf with being a scammer. If I was him I would be pursuing legal action against CoinsSource and I would win. I'll let Dan decide that for himself though.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: