Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:12:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt.gox bitcoin withdraw to a different wallet not showing up 50hours later  (Read 2933 times)
polygamy (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 11:59:19 PM

Hi. It has been over 50 hours since I have tried to move 46 bitcoins from my mt.gox account to another wallet.  My Mt.gox balance now has zero bitcoins, but my other wallet still does not have the bitcoins in it.

What is going on?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 12:14:04 AM

Have you checked the address where you sent the coins on http://blockchain.info to see if they were sent?

With so little information it's hard to help you.
polygamy (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 12:23:29 AM

yes. The destination address is valid. BlockChain pulls it up but says that it has zero transactions to it and has zero bitcoins recieved.

So it seem like my mt.gox account was cleared out but the bitcoins were not actually deposited? what the heck? any ideas?

Also, I can see the transaction/withdraw under my mt.gox account history, but it does not give the transaction an id#
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 12:31:23 AM

yes. The destination address is valid. BlockChain pulls it up but says that it has zero transactions to it and has zero bitcoins recieved.

So it seem like my mt.gox account was cleared out but the bitcoins were not actually deposited? what the heck? any ideas?

Also, I can see the transaction/withdraw under my mt.gox account history, but it does not give the transaction an id#

But it does tell you the address right? If it's the address you provided and there is no tx ID, it seems they didn't send it yet. Maybe they put your account for review.
Contact MtGox support on their site. That's a MtGox problem and not a bitcoin problem. Only they can help you.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 12:38:47 AM

Was the transfer to another MtGox account? Unless you check "Open Transaction", those are just sent to the recipient internally on MtGox.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 12:41:14 AM

Was the transfer to another MtGox account? Unless you check "Open Transaction", those are just sent to the recipient internally on MtGox.

He did say that his "other wallet" still didn't have the coins in it. MtGox account or not, the Bitcoins didn't get there.
Maged
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 12:45:35 AM

He did say that his "other wallet" still didn't have the coins in it. MtGox account or not, the Bitcoins didn't get there.
The question is, what is the other wallet? The other wallet could be a service that uses MtGox as their wallet backend.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 12:49:05 AM

He said it was his wallet.

but my other wallet still does not have the bitcoins in it.
polygamy (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 01:24:29 AM

The question is, what is the other wallet? The other wallet could be a service that uses MtGox as their wallet backend.

My other wallet is on the Silk Road.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 01:26:31 AM

Priceless LOL
polygamy (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 01:27:38 AM

Priceless LOL

I'm confused. I'm trying to buy some anime. Anyway, what went wrong?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 01:29:44 AM

Priceless LOL

I'm confused. I'm trying to buy some anime. Anyway, what went wrong?

Ask MtGox support. They should be able to tell you what happened.
But, FFS, don't go tell them you wanted to send coins to Silk Road, k? Grin
polygamy (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 01:31:02 AM

:-(

My mt.gox support ticket is over 2 days old

I take it mtgox doesn't like Anime?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 01:32:44 AM

:-(

My mt.gox support ticket is over 2 days old

I take it mtgox doesn't like Anime?

They should, being in Japan and all eheheheheeh
polygamy (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 01:35:29 AM

Wink

LoL

Anyway. I'm sure you can tell that I'm new to this. This is my very first time buying and moving bitcoins around. Every single step looked clear to me and was smoothly executed except for the withdraw. This long withdraw is very confusing. I really think I did everything correctly.

I hope they get back to me soon.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 02:27:29 AM

If it's the address you provided and there is no tx ID, it seems they didn't send it yet.

The account history (selecting BTC tab) only shows address for withdrawals, not the tx ID.
 - https://mtgox.com/trade/account-history?currency=BTC

So it is one of two possibilities, either
 1.) Mt. Gox never sent it
 or
 2.) it was sen but the address was for another Mt. Gox address and you didn't mark the "Open transaction" checkbox.  Thus it never touched the blockchain.

It's entirely possible they held the withdrawal.  Did you by chance access Mt. Gox using Tor?  The sign up page for Mt. Gox reads:
"Please be advised that accessing your account via the Tor network and/or public proxies may result in a temporary suspension of your account, and having to submit AML documents."

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

polygamy (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 02:42:44 AM

No, i wasn't on Tor.

I'm quite certain that I did not check "open transaction" should I do this for all future transactions? thanks
Maged
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 04:18:48 AM

I'm pretty sure that Silk Road uses MtGox in order to hedge the exchange rate. That would explain the problem.

Why they are stupid enough to give out MtGox addresses publicly is another matter...

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 06:35:20 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2012, 11:49:44 PM by Stephen Gornick

I'm quite certain that I did not check "open transaction" should I do this for all future transactions? thanks

It depends.  Mt. Gox's explanation, if I remember correctly, is that the Widthdaw BTC function isn't meant to be used as a bitcoin wallet this way, so you would normally withdrawing to your own wallet and then sending payments from there.  But most people use it as a wallet and make payments from it, just as you did.

In the instance where you were transferring to someone who you knew used a wallet on Mt. Gox, you could count on the bitcoins transferring immediately.  If you mark the checkbox "Open transaction", then that no longer transfers instantly to the other Mt. Gox account and requires six confirmations just like a normal payment would.

But otherwise, to avoid this very scenario, marking the Open transaction gives the ability to see in the blockchain the status of the payment.

So if your other wallet uses Mt. Gox as well, you won't see the funds on the blockchain but they should have been sent.  Have you checked with the service where your other wallet is at?  If you haven't gotten a response to your ticket, I think you can "ping" by adding a response to the ticket yourself, or perhaps creating a new ticket if you can't get anything to pop with the old one.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █