Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:05:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When will you guys learn to not fall for scams?  (Read 2148 times)
1echo (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

scams hunter!

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:28:49 PM

Its really easy to not get scammed, yet you guys keep doing same mistakes ie EQX today.

If new account makes a coin - this is an red flag. Doesnt matter how pro it looks.

Theres always somebody behind this new account just he doesnt want to show its his - so if he doesnt think its good for his rep to show its his coin, how can you invest in this?!

All yall screaming POD - coinssource/cryptoasian. So you had POD - what did it give you - is any of this guys now backing your loss with their coins? No it only means they made some cash for 5 minut work of having some fake docs uploaded to them.

This scammers ruin cryptocommunity, newbies come for quick buck, get scammed - then they go and say BTC and cryptos are scam and crap.

This has to stop.

Do not invest in any coins from new accounts and you have way bigger Chance of not beeing scammed and loose money.

Sure accounts can also be bought - but this makes it harder for the scammy dev to get one. Want to be more safe? Add a rule of thumb to invest only in coins from old members who have good trust ratings.

Anf if you are BTC guy who hates alts - keep in mind all this scammers get BTCs and they are dumping them on markets making BTCs price fall. This is important to stop scammers not only by altcoin community but also whole BTC one.

Few words from me,
and yes you may loose few chances going by this tests but at least you wont feed pockets of scammers and will suport only good coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jedelqu

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

I could really do without it.

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:35:38 PM

Its really easy to not get scammed, yet you guys keep doing same mistakes ie EQX today.

If new account makes a coin - this is an red flag. Doesnt matter how pro it looks.

Theres always somebody behind this new account just he doesnt want to show its his - so if he doesnt think its good for his rep to show its his coin, how can you invest in this?!

Then what about this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715316.0
cassius69

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:35:59 PM

if anyone at all makes an altcoin its a red flag. we have millions of them already  Grin

mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:43:22 PM

I agree with 1echo and want to add, wait with investing untill the devs show that they are devs. Let them show some software, not only copy and paste a new coin, with nice graphics and promisses. Remember that to develop software it takes more then a few weeks to develop and test it.
JackMeoff

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:45:07 PM

What about Rootcoin launch by senior member Bitsta. 14k ipo per coin price now circling the drain at 3200 sat. SR fucking member!
moko666

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

BlasterKVs the king of xbox modding

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 07:46:02 PM

to avoid scam
say no to IPO,ICO
also only join the coin that has something different then others
avoid simple copy paste clone coins
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:01:12 PM

Risk management doesn't mean that you can eliminate all risks, but you can avoid some.
biggus dickus

Activity: 310

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:14:23 PM

All yall screaming POD - coinssource/cryptoasian. So you had POD - what did it give you - is any of this guys now backing your loss with their coins? No it only means they made some cash for 5 minut work of having some fake docs uploaded to them.

Did the EQX dev manage to give coinsource a fake identity?
nhrf3

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 09:23:39 PM

Best to stick with proven developers

i.e. kingscrown(EXCL), jl777(supernet)

igl00

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 01:26:20 AM

Best to stick with proven developers

i.e. kingscrown(EXCL), jl777(supernet)

yep im also in EXCL  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=771755 and VIA [also old dev] thats my 2 only ICOs ever and all are profit Smiley
i usualy just mine and buy sell BTCs

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:23:26 AM

this again ?  Roll Eyes

the only guy who learned something is the OP.

FUD first & ask questions later™
biggus dickus

Activity: 310

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:30:37 AM

Did the EQX dev manage to give coinsource a fake identity?

It looks like the EQX dev might have managed to give coinsource a fake identity

The Coins Source Team is a bit hesitant on releasing "Luckas" information, due to possibly being forged. We spend a great amount of time with our work, and verify developers with a certain degree of trust.

That being said, Trust Index has underwent a drastic change, and we are adapting to 2nd generation scams, using legitimate businesses and peoples names to promote malicious acts.

We've always urged the community to adopt a system in which developers are held accountable for their actions, and in the past 6 months the amount of thefts by POD or Trust index have been greatly diminished. Its not a perfect System, but we are learning and dared venture where no one else has.

Here's all the information we have regarding Lukas, and we hope it will assist the community to investigate deeper into this matter, as his digital footprints are all over the place.

https://mega.co.nz/#!udcHgATC!Gjmqlv_YDFhh0XuqHFE4rq0Crjr5pXUjCIP1jVyVCSk

Phone (possible fake): 415-815-4701
Name: Lukas Macek
Address (as stated on ID and papers): Praha, Nad Kaplickou 2369/10 We are unsure if he currently resides here, upon a search yields multiple names

https://mega.co.nz/#!udcHgATC!Gjmqlv_YDFhh0XuqHFE4rq0Crjr5pXUjCIP1jVyVCSk

Nextgen

Activity: 410

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 12:40:54 PM

when they have lost all their bitcoins and bitcoin price rise up
then they will calculate how much $ they lost investing in scams
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:05:37 PM

coinssource = corrupt noob that showed up here in December 2013 to clone coins with IPO's
and the fact any of you bought into his POD scheme is utterly hilarious and yeah i warned ya all loud and clear and nooooo one cared.
hmm why would a noob here who makes IPO clone coins want run a POD "service" hmmmmmmmmm gosh darn i am stumped i have nooooooo idea lol

altcoins.. LOL  Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
danynx

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:09:41 PM

coinssource = corrupt noob that showed up here in December 2013 to clone coins with IPO's
and the fact any of you bought into his POD scheme is utterly hilarious and yeah i warned ya all loud and clear and nooooo one cared.
hmm why would a noob here who makes IPO clone coins want run a POD "service" hmmmmmmmmm gosh darn i am stumped i have nooooooo idea lol

altcoins.. LOL  Roll Eyes

problem is that now there is no real money coming from outside like in 2013, now the alt exchanges only takes from one crypto user (the noob one who bought late and  is left as a bag holder) to give it to the other crypto user (dev, pumper, early) .. in 2013 you were leaving as a bag holders the whales from btc-e that already had a ton of btcs and dint care..
1echo (OP)

scams hunter!

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:24:14 PM

this again ?  Roll Eyes

the only guy who learned something is the OP.

thanx Smiley i hope others can learn too but seems alot still think IPO/ICO from newbies is good idea heh

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: