Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:57:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB BTC for cash in Santa Monica, CA  (Read 1335 times)
jibjabz (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 08:12:05 AM

Hi guys, I'm pretty new here so I don't have a lot of rep and I'm not 100% sure of what may or may not be a scam, so I'd like to do a good old fashioned cash trade.

I'm looking for up to ~70 BTC at current market prices, but I'd meet up for as few as 20. I'm thinking we just meet up at a coffee shop (in/near Santa Monica, CA), bring our computers and do the transfer and exchange the cash right there. I'd like to do this ASAP, Monday if possible.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested. I also have Silver American Eagles for in-person trade at market prices (spot + $5 roughly).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonymous

May 16, 2011, 08:12:56 AM

http://ubitex.org
jibjabz (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 08:22:45 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2011, 08:56:32 AM by jibjabz

Unfortunately that site doesn't seem to function (tried it in Chrome and Firefox). Clicking any of the menu items keeps me on the same splash page. Maybe the problem is on my end, but I can't get it to work.

Edit: It was me. Didn't understand the log-in box. I'm still interested in finding someone on here if possible, there's not much volume (or any that I can see) on that site right now.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 10:49:16 AM

There's also:

Bitcoin.local
  - http://www.tradebitcoin.com

Though I don't see any traders listed near you on the Bitcoin Map (collaborative map) , you could add a pin for yourself -- maybe a trader will contact you.
  - http://www.bitcoinmap.com/

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

cuddlefish

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 10:40:15 PM

Unfortunately that site doesn't seem to function (tried it in Chrome and Firefox). Clicking any of the menu items keeps me on the same splash page. Maybe the problem is on my end, but I can't get it to work.

Edit: It was me. Didn't understand the log-in box. I'm still interested in finding someone on here if possible, there's not much volume (or any that I can see) on that site right now.

Hey. I'm the creator of Ubitex. The reason there isn't much volume is that there isn't much volume! Just create an order, even if it's never filled you'll be helping bootstrap our site.

Thanks!
AaronM

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2011, 02:46:27 AM

I'm about 20 miles away from there, and I can sell you about 20 BTC tomorrow afternoon around 2pm PDT.  However, I'll need 7% above the MtGox "last" $/BTC price displayed at the time that we meet.

Sounds good? PM me Smiley

Spare some BTC for a biology student? 1DZcEUEo9rX7LQWcYzVR6Btqj2sMqRznbB
jibjabz (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 07:58:34 AM

Hey. I'm the creator of Ubitex. The reason there isn't much volume is that there isn't much volume! Just create an order, even if it's never filled you'll be helping bootstrap our site.

Thanks!

I posted an order. Definitely would be nice if your site is able to pick up steam, and I think it will if BTC continues to catch on.

If I could make just one suggestion it would be to explain somewhere about OpenID. I'm more "tech savvy" than 80-90% of my friends (still an idiot compared to the other 10-20%) but I didn't really get it at all as I hadn't heard of it before and there's no spot to put a password.

Also, the "become a seller" makes sense, but a lot of people won't realize that can also mean a seller of USD (aka, a buyer). Buyers of BTC will tend to be the less experienced users who are less likely to click that and realize they can buy. Maybe you could change the heading to buyer/seller. I get what you were going for, but I'm worried it's counter-productive.

Anyway, great site. Very simple/smooth overall.
cuddlefish

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 04:31:08 PM

Thanks!

I posted an order. Definitely would be nice if your site is able to pick up steam, and I think it will if BTC continues to catch on.

If I could make just one suggestion it would be to explain somewhere about OpenID. I'm more "tech savvy" than 80-90% of my friends (still an idiot compared to the other 10-20%) but I didn't really get it at all as I hadn't heard of it before and there's no spot to put a password.

Yes, eventually there will be a login page where you can select among a list of common providers (Google, Steam, LJ, MyOpenID).

Also, the "become a seller" makes sense, but a lot of people won't realize that can also mean a seller of USD (aka, a buyer). Buyers of BTC will tend to be the less experienced users who are less likely to click that and realize they can buy. Maybe you could change the heading to buyer/seller. I get what you were going for, but I'm worried it's counter-productive.

I know, I'm looking for new terminology. Suggestions hugely welcomed.
Kick

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2011, 09:40:54 PM

well im in westwood and can drive to santa monica if you ever need any btcs

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: