Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:35:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Bus - We will print it on a real bus!  (Read 13862 times)
Kris (OP)
Donator

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 06:04:55 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2012, 04:50:33 AM by Kris

Greetings!

I am pleased to announce my new idea!

The Bitcoin Bus
http://throughad.com/

Fill this bus up with your pixels. We will make sure it gets printed on a real bus! See example. Next time we do trains!

Use common sense with your selection. Do not buy pixels in the wheels for example. (This is a limitation of square pixels) I did my best to block-out unusable pixels

The way it works is that you click on Buy Pixels and choose if you want the left, right or back side of the bus. You can now select the pixels you want, by holding your mouse button down and dragging your mouse until you reach your preferred selection. Now click Continue >> You can now upload your image to the server. After this is done the system ask you to type in URL, Title and Alt values for your picture, you do not have to provide these, as you can select I will fill details later >> The only thing left is to enter your email address so the system can send you a payment bitcoin address.

You can bet on me standing ready with a camera for a lot of pictures, if we get the bus filled up!

Accepting bitcoins for one big bitcoin ad on a bus, 131VvhSxE2fCWziQ54gfXfNXLtbdVFAQjB

Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions. We're
looking forward to providing you with first rate service.

Own a piece of history!

Sincerely,

Kris

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 06:13:35 PM

Why do I get the feeling someone will eventually put CP on the bus. This will end badly.

Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 06:14:30 PM

very interesting idea

couple of things: you probably want to block-out unusable pixels and also would be useful to let users know pixels to inches ratio
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 06:16:25 PM

Why do I get the feeling someone will eventually put CP on the bus. This will end badly.

Indeed that would end badly   Shocked
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 06:20:30 PM

very interesting idea

couple of things: you probably want to block-out unusable pixels and also would be useful to let users know pixels to inches ratio

Thank you!

I will see what I can do, but it will most probably be pixel to centimeter.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 06:29:28 PM

What city is the bus in?

Still around.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 06:30:37 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2012, 06:49:15 PM by Matthew N. Wright

What city is the bus in?

I'd guess in Denmark!

Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 06:31:33 PM

What city is the bus in?

Denmark - Copenhagen

It will drive around the capital, day and night.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 06:49:03 PM

This has to happen. Count me in.

What's the total price needed to make it happen?
austonst

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 06:51:59 PM

Seems like a good opportunity to do some bitcoin advertising. Maybe we could all pitch in for a large ad for bitcoin itself, prominently displayed on the side? It would be shame to have this filled up with random ads for bitcoin-related projects without a central bitcoin logo and something like a weusecoins.com or bitcoin.org link.

Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 06:53:27 PM

Awesome evoorhees,

I will have the total price for 1 day, 2 days, 1 week for you on Monday, when the company I am going to use wake up.

But the amount of pixels * the current amount is not far fetched.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 06:55:38 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2012, 07:06:32 PM by Kris

Seems like a good opportunity to do some bitcoin advertising. Maybe we could all pitch in for a large ad for bitcoin itself, prominently displayed on the side? It would be shame to have this filled up with random ads for bitcoin-related projects without a central bitcoin logo and something like a weusecoins.com or bitcoin.org link.

Best idea ever!, you will even have my support on that one.

I can keep the pitch in safe on this address: 1MjyWLY1Rvx7rtqKwymA6Mo1gXF1UaFB8G   The address is hosted on WalletBit, so it's safe.

Until we decide for a go on the giant Bitcoin Ad.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 07:06:22 PM

Mail sent to We Use Coins
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 07:13:53 PM

watching...

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 07:41:51 PM

very interesting idea

I'm blocking out unusable pixels right now. Thank you.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 08:19:54 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2012, 08:37:15 PM by Kris

Hi I added the backside of the bus, how about a big Bitcoin logo there? Wouldn't that be something.

Is the Screw Banks! to much?  Wink
REF

Activity: 529

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 08:35:18 PM

The giant bitcoin looks great on the back.

4.8k BTC for the whole bus is a lot. Many we should only purchase pixels on the back.
bitlizard

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 08:41:14 PM

What city is the pixle bus in? I really hope you guys pull this off. very cool idea btw.

idea: - reserve space on bus for qr codes and let local business link the qr codes to their business for free (provided they start accepting bitcoin)

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: OpenPGP.js v.1.20130820
Comment: http://openpgpjs.org

xo0EUhf9FQED/0sL3rfa9DYObowd03us1FpzLw5l5FteaeUnArz68lp9HNqP
VXixNNHRW4Zozm+wPcU68D8IdfgKJamLEYuQcrN9Dy35TllW9djSTYz1D5Cl
ITa/88kYXUurCG5vzoYujXEBggCz/+VsHhwsDC1U+PFUAmrWyii9UEmu2Nwm
aNBZABEBAAHNIlJlZ2FuIE1pbG5lIDxyZWdhbm1pbG5lQGdtYWlsLmNvbT7C
nAQQAQgAEAUCUhf9FwkQ6+hDAft7/iQAADjEA/sFZG4B3SfwsoEzXHa9Rq/A
QabkxwnDR4BIm0zq2YfAuk08yZA0lbvaYE8mlPt3Xb2NmlErC3g/ymfktx2m
NrhP6BRXmPP/b4E+EPSbKBeLI/+eCP6BwPLEpZYQrHxg0eHLwYNQTK5f6SxK
7vcxO/OaBmcvo9ZAHDKkP3HJiqRZyw==
=feLE
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1135

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 08:44:42 PM

I have a 32-foot motorhome that would be perfect for something like this that I thought would look good splashed in Bitcoin.  Problem is I never use the motorhome, nobody sees it much, and I will probably sell it.  Maybe I'll put it up for sale and ask for bitcoins.  Its exterior is smooth fiberglass and would accept vehicle wrap very well, plus it would still look decent after the wrap was taken off.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 08:45:14 PM

The giant bitcoin looks great on the back.

4.8k BTC for the whole bus is a lot. Many we should only purchase pixels on the back.

You are totally right, it looks insanely great, I get the total amount to 4543 BTC, $23396, 141089 DKK  You can bet on the price to be at least 70000kr, but this just means we can have two bus driving around in difference places. Because whatever is left, I will use for another run.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 08:48:59 PM

What city is the pixle bus in? I really hope you guys pull this off. very cool idea btw.

idea: - reserve space on bus for qr codes and let local business link the qr codes to their business for free (provided they start accepting bitcoin)

The bus will be driving around in Copenhagen the capital of Denmark, day and night.

Thank you and thank you for another great idea. Use QR codes on the bus, and people can use smartphones to easily go to your website. I think everyone has a smartphone in Copenhagen...
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 3010

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 09:07:54 PM

The address is hosted on WalletBit, so it's safe.

LOL!   Grin

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 09:14:11 PM

LOL!   Grin

You disagree?  Tongue
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 09:53:25 PM

Remember to upload your images in high resolution, while keeping the aspect ratio. Will look so much better once I purchase the wrap.

I will be away from the computer all day tomorrow on business, only receiving notifications on my phone. So if you want to ask something you can do it now.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 10:05:23 PM

LOL!   Grin

You disagree?  Tongue

It's safe until the amount is large enough to have a "theft" - either internal or otherwise.

Just based on experience and common sense - nothing against you personally or your service. 

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
bitlizard

Activity: 141

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 10:13:16 PM

LOL!   Grin

You disagree?  Tongue

It's safe until the amount is large enough to have a "theft" - either internal or otherwise.

Just based on experience and common sense - nothing against you personally or your service. 

Solutions? how does the OP create enough trust and security to make this work?

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: OpenPGP.js v.1.20130820
Comment: http://openpgpjs.org

xo0EUhf9FQED/0sL3rfa9DYObowd03us1FpzLw5l5FteaeUnArz68lp9HNqP
VXixNNHRW4Zozm+wPcU68D8IdfgKJamLEYuQcrN9Dy35TllW9djSTYz1D5Cl
ITa/88kYXUurCG5vzoYujXEBggCz/+VsHhwsDC1U+PFUAmrWyii9UEmu2Nwm
aNBZABEBAAHNIlJlZ2FuIE1pbG5lIDxyZWdhbm1pbG5lQGdtYWlsLmNvbT7C
nAQQAQgAEAUCUhf9FwkQ6+hDAft7/iQAADjEA/sFZG4B3SfwsoEzXHa9Rq/A
QabkxwnDR4BIm0zq2YfAuk08yZA0lbvaYE8mlPt3Xb2NmlErC3g/ymfktx2m
NrhP6BRXmPP/b4E+EPSbKBeLI/+eCP6BwPLEpZYQrHxg0eHLwYNQTK5f6SxK
7vcxO/OaBmcvo9ZAHDKkP3HJiqRZyw==
=feLE
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 10:35:55 PM

Solutions? how does the OP create enough trust and security to make this work?

1) Don't be anonymous in any way.
2) Get an insurance policy and provide proof.

Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 10:44:00 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2012, 12:50:47 AM by Kris

LOL!   Grin

You disagree?  Tongue

History proves you right, sadly. But if large amounts would be my incentive to "theft" I would have ran taking WalletBit with me a year ago. As you see it was founded July 15 2011
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 10:47:12 PM

History proves you right, sadly. But if large amounts would be my incentive to "theft" I would have ran taking WalletBit with me a year ago. As you see it was founded July 15 2011

That simply means the amount of bitcoins you had access to wasn't high enough to make you fake a theft.  But everyone has a number.

Why do you want to stay anonymous?

Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 10:51:18 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2012, 12:51:55 AM by Kris

That simply means the amount of bitcoins you had access to wasn't high enough to make you fake a theft.  But everyone has a number.

Why do you want to stay anonymous?

The thread is going a little off topic, guess that's ok.

What do you mean? How am I anonymous, You cannot blame me for not posting my home address for every man, women and child to see, when I have a fine business address.

That simply means the amount of bitcoins you had access to wasn't high enough to make you fake a theft.  But everyone has a number.

Guess I'm just a exceptional unique human being.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 11:07:25 PM

What do you mean? How am I anonymous

https://walletbit.com/about/contact

Do what you want, but anyone who trusts any kind of bitcoin balance to someone who doesn't provide full contact info and an insurance policy OR be in a country where they can be sued, is a fool.

Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 11:16:46 PM

Do what you want, but anyone who trusts any kind of bitcoin balance to someone who doesn't provide full contact info and an insurance policy OR be in a country where they can be sued, is a fool.

Maybe you are right, Nonetheless, I do value your input, I just like to believe I have proven myself in other ways.
austonst

Activity: 76

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 11:32:59 PM

Have a look at the marketplace board some time. There are plenty of transactions that get by just fine through PM'ed exchanges of bitcoin addresses and e-mail addresses. Most people won't reveal their full names, addresses, or provide an insurance policy. It happens all the time, turns out great, and nobody's a fool because of it. Sure, it's good to be cautious, but don't you think you've taken it a little far to say that you need full contact information and an insurance policy to make a simple trade? By the way, I was able to find some more information on Kris by doing a few quick searches. He's not completely anonymous.

Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 12:09:39 AM

I added advertisements to speed things up a bit. We really do want a bus promoting Bitcoin.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 01:42:06 AM

Copenhagen- Many businesses are taking advantage of the cost-effectiveness of vehicle wraps, including industries that you wouldn't think would use vehicle wraps, for example a zoo.

People visit zoos every year, but just like other businesses the zoo industry is looking for unconventional advertising techniques such as vehicle wraps to boost sales and customers.

In the above vehicle wrap there's a giant constrictor snake squeezing the Copenhagen city bus. This vehicle wrap provokes viewers to think of one thing zoos are known for, giant snakes. What better way to increase visitors than advertising something they are dying to see that your business offers!

Vehicle wraps continue to be the most affordable type of outdoor advertising. They get the most amount of views from potential customers for every dollar spent. Even when you are out of town or in traffic your brand continues to be advertised.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 06:39:06 AM

Hi I added the backside of the bus, how about a big Bitcoin logo there? Wouldn't that be something.

Is the Screw Banks! to much?  Wink

May have to forego the word screw because little kids ride the bus, and if they don't, they're on their bikes watching the bus go by. Kids know that screw means fuck, and if they don't, their parents sure do, and it's them that will force the ad off, but I'm pretty sure that the bus company wouldn't approve it in the first place if they're worth their salt.

That said, excellent idea.

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 06:40:32 AM

+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
minorman
Legendary

Activity: 945
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 10:50:17 AM

I wouldn't mind trusting Kris with a few bitcoins to support this great idea. I live in Copenhagen and would love to see this bus around town!

Let's get down to business and discuss content. For example, how many pixels (xy) does qr code require?

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050

You are WRONG!

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 10:53:04 AM

What city is the bus in?

Denmark - Copenhagen

It will drive around the capital, day and night.
YAY!!! that where i live!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 10:55:39 AM

Great idea. I hope it will succeed.
Good luck!

*subbed*

Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 12:22:43 PM

Just changing server to make it run smooth, it was running very bad here, Sorry for the downtime guys and gals. When it stops saying "Changing server to make it run smooth!" you know that it is running on the new server.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 02:03:26 PM

WalletBit just purchased a humble spot on the right side of the bus.  Wink
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 02:05:19 PM

Good luck!

*subbed*

Thank you sir, but to succeed I need your help and other people's help.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 03:04:36 PM

Do what you want, but anyone who trusts any kind off bitcoin balance to someone who doesn't provide full contact info and an insurance policy OR be in a country where they can be sued, is a fool.

I'll assume that the contact info is in the form of an image to ward of email scrappers, though that no longer works since the advent of imagereaders to overcome that ploy.

That said, I'm happy to report that finding Kris would not be a problem for, as another user has already pointed out, he's not that hard to find. Although I won't post any of my findings, one can easily locate his home address, see family members, and know what kind of dog he owns.

Good luck!

*subbed*

Thank you sir, but to succeed I need your help and other people's help.

This post alone, Kris, should get a few more pixels sold, thus helping to get this bus out of the mud.

For clarification purposes, is it the finished sold pixel image the one that is going to be placed on some bus, or some other content? I'm referencing the following image from the Million Dollar Homepage as an example of what I'm inquiring about.

Although I'm well aware that this project of yours is meant to bring more awareness to Bitcoin, and the following suggestion may be premature at this stage of the bus-idea-game, but I'll offer it up nonetheless.

Warning!: Justin Bieber is about to mentioned by me--again. Please bear in mind that he's used only as an example.

(possibly for the States or Canada) Picture, if you will, the first ever fan generated, pixelated advertised bus, where all the pixels MUST be purchased with Bitcoin. A true fan would bend over backwards to lay their hands on bitcoins so that they won't miss out on this unique opportunity. Sound far-fetched! Then the person reading this isn't thinking outside their mining rig. (I reckon I didn't have to use his name after all)

~Bruno~
DublinBrian

Activity: 197

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 04:04:29 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2012, 05:14:32 PM by BitcoinTraderIE

Can you clarify a few things Kris. You are proposing a bus covered in hundreds of small ads. If everyone buys the minimum 100 pixels, then there will be 15,983 ads on the bus. Are you sure such ads will be even readable on a moving bus?

Maybe the minimum purchase should be 1000 pixels? That would mean 1598 ads on the bus, which is still a lot for people to read on a moving object.
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 05:18:23 PM

Kris, you _could_ have edited those terms that you copied from other site. I guess no paint in a bus can be animated Grin

I think it would be better to gather bitcoins to buy several bigger btc-related ads/images to be printed on a bus rather than 1000s of small ads that nobody can read. A big "BITCOIN"-text on a side of a bus for example. And everyone pays a little bit of the ad and you could see progress somewhere etc.

Anduck

Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 05:44:07 PM

For clarification purposes, is it the finished sold pixel image the one that is going to be placed on some bus, or some other content? I'm referencing the following image from the Million Dollar Homepage as an example of what I'm inquiring about.

Yes I would like to place the finished pixel image on the bus, hopefully both sides and the back.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 05:48:56 PM

Can you clarify a few things Kris. You are proposing a bus covered in hundreds of small ads. If everyone buys the minimum 100 pixels, then there will be 15,983 ads on the bus. Are you sure such ads will be even readable on a moving bus?

Maybe the minimum purchase should be 1000 pixels? That would mean 1598 ads on the bus, which is still a lot for people to read on a moving object.

I am betting on some big players, buying big spots, or like austonst idea, which is also awesome by the way.

I can keep the pitch in safe on this address: 1MjyWLY1Rvx7rtqKwymA6Mo1gXF1UaFB8G   The address is hosted on WalletBit, so it's safe.

Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 05:52:21 PM

Kris, you _could_ have edited those terms that you copied from other site. I guess no paint in a bus can be animated Grin

I think it would be better to gather bitcoins to buy several bigger btc-related ads/images to be printed on a bus rather than 1000s of small ads that nobody can read. A big "BITCOIN"-text on a side of a bus for example. And everyone pays a little bit of the ad and you could see progress somewhere etc.

Anduck

I edited this
Images must NOT be animated (imagine how messy the homepage would look)

To this
Images cannot be animated (it is just not possible yet on a bus)

Grin

You are more then welcome to pitch in on this address: 1MjyWLY1Rvx7rtqKwymA6Mo1gXF1UaFB8G

For one full side of the bus, we would need ฿2,113.20 in terms of ฿0.30 per 10 x 10 pixel block
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 08:38:02 PM

Awesome idea. Good luck!
fimp

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 09:07:35 PM

That simply means the amount of bitcoins you had access to wasn't high enough to make you fake a theft.  But everyone has a number.
You're saying that there doesn't exist a single honest person in the world. That's ridiculous.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 09:07:48 PM

Unless you're first to do this: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/719475/media_intergration_t_shirt_video_screen_shirt/
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 09:16:37 PM

You're saying that there doesn't exist a single honest person in the world. That's ridiculous.

Bob: Father Christopher, the Church needs a new paint job.
Father Christopher: And?
Bob: (After a short pause.) New plants around the Church would be nice.
Father Christopher: AND?
Bob: (Still puzzled.) A new organ?
Father Christopher: AND?
Bob: (Gets it!) Four young lads have recently become members.
Father Christopher: (Drooling) Fetch me the checkbook, Bob.

Tomorrow, I'll post a conversation with the Dalai Lama.
zer0

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 09:41:44 PM

There's the hacker bus tour right now where you can pay cash to get bitcoins should it come to your euro town
http://www.hackerbus.eu/

Organized by the guy who runs Torservers.net ... haven't seen the design maye he could use your bitcoin ad (:
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 10:03:46 PM

Unless you're first to do this: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/719475/media_intergration_t_shirt_video_screen_shirt/

That would be a first!  Shocked
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 10:04:55 PM

There's the hacker bus tour right now where you can pay cash to get bitcoins should it come to your euro town
http://www.hackerbus.eu/

Organized by the guy who runs Torservers.net ... haven't seen the design maye he could use your bitcoin ad (:

I will try and email them, see what they say.
cytokine
Donator

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 10:05:46 PM

Great idea! Will you be selling physical Bitcoins to people from the bus? That would be cool.
weex
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 10:07:12 PM

Just put CoinDL on the Bus! Best of luck to Kris with this project...I'd really like to see an IRL picture of it when it happens.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 10:35:52 PM

Of course I am not saying that - every person in the world doesn't take bitcoin deposits. 

But it's not ridiculous when you combine it with anonymity.  A person starts a bitcoin service and remains anonymous to keep the option open of one day committing theft and getting away with it easily.  I'd love to hear other reasoning, but I won't comment further in this thread, as I don't want to derail it any further.

Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 10:47:18 PM

I won't comment further in this thread, as I don't want to derail it any further.

And on that remark, here is another example.

From what I can read, and the people I talked to, I think we can manage to get a great deal for 4 weeks, IF we get all the pixels filled up. But right now, One week maybe 2-3 days is the goal, depending on how things develop.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 11:19:00 PM

From what I can read, and the people I talked to, I think we can manage to get a great deal for 4 weeks, IF we get all the pixels filled up. But right now, One week maybe 2-3 days is the goal, depending on how things develop.

Damn! For some odd reason I was under the impression that the ad would stay up much longer than that. Not a deal breaker for me, and will continue to support you, but damn!

~Bruno~
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 11:22:04 PM

Damn! For some odd reason I was under the impression that the ad would stay up much longer than that. Not a deal breaker for me, and will continue to support you, but damn!

~Bruno~

Yes it is hard to imagine how some cheap plastics slapped on a bus would cost that much. But they probably know it is an great advertising method and therefore the price.
RoloTonyBrownTown

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 12:01:32 AM

Seems like a good opportunity to do some bitcoin advertising.

Just seems like a good idea to make a lot of money with yet another of these "1,000,000 pixels" sites.    The finished bus will be an absolute mess, with random text strewn all over it and almost impossible to read.

If you wanted to do some good, raise some money and print ONE big sign on the bus just advertising Bitcoin in general. 

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2012, 12:06:06 AM

Just seems like a good idea to make a lot of money with yet another of these "1,000,000 pixels" sites.    The finished bus will be an absolute mess, with random text strewn all over it and almost impossible to read.

If you wanted to do some good, raise some money and print ONE big sign on the bus just advertising Bitcoin in general. 

I'm sure that upon further discussion, this issue could be resolved to most everyone's satisfaction.

On a not-so-off-side note, did we miss the bus on the following or can a new adventure be started from scratch? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEfDF4_JfdQ

~Bruno~
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 01:04:08 AM

I took both of your suggestions, and made one big bitcoin ad.

฿0 out of ฿691.20 for one big bitcoin ad on the back right side of the bus -> 1MjyWLY1Rvx7rtqKwymA6Mo1gXF1UaFB8G
RoloTonyBrownTown

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 02:04:20 AM

on the back right side of the bus

Not exactly what I meant Smiley

DublinBrian

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 10:19:01 AM

This example has just one big advertisement, not hundreds of small ones. There is no comparison between your project and the above bus.

Maybe you should consider just making  one large advertisement, on one side of the bus only?
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 04:18:22 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2012, 04:35:23 PM by Kris

Well it is just an example, just to show people what it might look like.
DublinBrian

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 04:31:48 PM

I hope Im not being argumentative here, but I would propose only advertising on the right hand side of the bus. That will enable you to advertise on two buses for the same cost.

The right hand side of the bus, has more visibility to people standing at a bus stop. Many people play with their phones while waiting at bus stops. The bus arrives at the stop and takes on passengers. All the other people standing at the bus stop will have the advertisement right in their faces. They can see the ad, scan the QR code and browse directly to the advertised site.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 04:36:53 PM

Indeed the right hand side of the bus is probably the best place, that's why I placed the "pitch in" ad there.
minorman
Legendary

Activity: 945
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 06:05:18 PM

฿0 out of ฿691.20 for one big bitcoin ad on the back right side of the bus -> 1MjyWLY1Rvx7rtqKwymA6Mo1gXF1UaFB8G

I've just transferred 3.456 BTC (0.5%) of the required amount. Now we just need 199 more donators  Roll Eyes

In the event that not enough people chip in, feel free to transfer the money back to the sending address (1Fv6HW...) :-)

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 06:26:14 PM

I've just transferred 3.456 BTC (0.5%) of the required amount. Now we just need 199 more donators  Roll Eyes

In the event that not enough people chip in, feel free to transfer the money back to the sending address (1Fv6HW...) :-)

Will do, thank you!
FlashFire

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 02:21:51 AM

These buses look really cool. I might consider buying some pixels.  Grin
punningclan

Activity: 283

Making a better tomorrow, tomorrow.

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 02:57:46 AM

Excellent idea! it's a bit like the 1 million pixel page someone did a while back.

It was a cunning plan to have the funny man be the money fan of the punning clan.
1J13NBTKiV8xrAo2dwaD4LhWs3zPobhh5S
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 10:42:55 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2012, 11:08:33 AM by Kris

I am in awe of the great response this idea gave.

FYI I added PayPal and Laybit as possible donation methods for the Big Bitcoin Ad.

We still need your help to make this happen.

Regards
Kris
check_status

Activity: 196

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 02:45:11 PM

Anduck

I edited this

To this

Grin

No animated advertising for buses you say?

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2008/05/animation-adver/
http://buzzer.translink.ca/index.php/2009/09/digital-screens-show-animated-ads-on-the-side-of-your-bus/
http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/lenticular-billboard-mcdonalds-yawning-ad
http://gothamist.com/2011/03/07/mta_considering_animated_tunnel_ads.php
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aItU9P6fHc

http://www.technoframe.co.uk/led-bus-screens.html

Roll Eyes

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
evoorhees
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 04:30:34 PM

I hope anyone uploading graphics is uploading properly formated CMYK, fully vector images (.eps or .ai). Anyone uploading raster jpegs and tiffs and gifs will be sorely disappointed in the result!  And if you don't know what vector means, you shouldn't be uploading artwork for publishing Smiley
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 04:36:10 PM

Anduck

I edited this

To this

Grin

No animated advertising for buses you say?

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2008/05/animation-adver/
http://buzzer.translink.ca/index.php/2009/09/digital-screens-show-animated-ads-on-the-side-of-your-bus/
http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/lenticular-billboard-mcdonalds-yawning-ad
http://gothamist.com/2011/03/07/mta_considering_animated_tunnel_ads.php
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aItU9P6fHc

http://www.technoframe.co.uk/led-bus-screens.html

Roll Eyes

How awesome is that?  Shocked  Let me raise the price on the pixels...  Undecided
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 04:37:09 PM

I hope anyone uploading graphics is uploading properly formated CMYK, fully vector images (.eps or .ai). Anyone uploading raster jpegs and tiffs and gifs will be sorely disappointed in the result!  And if you don't know what vector means, you shouldn't be uploading artwork for publishing Smiley

Remember to upload your images in high resolution, while keeping the aspect ratio. Will look so much better once I purchase the wrap.

You just said it better.
evoorhees
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 04:41:44 PM

I hope anyone uploading graphics is uploading properly formated CMYK, fully vector images (.eps or .ai). Anyone uploading raster jpegs and tiffs and gifs will be sorely disappointed in the result!  And if you don't know what vector means, you shouldn't be uploading artwork for publishing Smiley

You just said it better.

The images should NOT be "high resolution"... they shouldn't have a resolution, because that means they're rasterized Smiley Vector images do not have a resolution or pixel count.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 05:46:28 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2012, 10:30:58 PM by Kris

"You said it much better."  Wink
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:30:22 PM

Someone doesn't like The Bitcoin Bus. It is heavily under attack.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:33:17 PM

Someone is DDoSing your website? Sad
There seems to be a bunch of children that live here and have fun doing useless things like that to Bitcoin-related websites and services.

Hopefully your security is up to snuff.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:36:33 PM

Someone is DDoSing your website? Sad
There seems to be a bunch of children that live here and have fun doing useless things like that to Bitcoin-related websites and services.

Hopefully your security is up to snuff.

Well the access log is going wild, Don't worry I did not put the bus website on my most secure infrastructure which WalletBit for instance is running on. So no worries there. But maybe I should up the resources a bit for this particular server.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:49:42 PM

You can still access it a bit here http://throughad.com/get_pixels.php the front page is getting hammered.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:51:16 PM

Wait what, how can one page be completely unresponsive, but other pages on the same server are working fine...?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 04:16:22 PM

Wait what, how can one page be completely unresponsive, but other pages on the same server are working fine...?

The front page does a lot of database connections and the sub pages doesn't
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 08:33:00 AM

I don't know how to promote it even more, I did my best to inform everyone about this noble endeavour. Any ideas?
weex
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 06:50:20 PM

Is it still possible to get to the front page? I keep getting redirected to the get_pixels.php page.

Maybe the idea should be scaled down and relaunched as getting a small billboard on a bus or at a bus stop.

Or how about making a game where ads are displayed behind some coins that you click on or hover over clear and some of the coins pay out bitcoins? I think the free bitcoins sites seem to survive quite a while.
Herodes

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 12:46:37 AM

did you promote it on reddit.com/r/bitcoin ?
unclemantis

Activity: 98

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 01:29:01 AM

I can keep the pitch in safe on this address: 1MjyWLY1Rvx7rtqKwymA6Mo1gXF1UaFB8G   The address is hosted on WalletBit, so it's safe.

I fail to see how anything shy of a brain wallet or encrypted paper wallet is SAFE.

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
lordcirth

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 12:00:47 AM

This is a brilliant idea, please post lots of pics if it happens! Also, seeing as the exchange rate just went through the roof, you should probably hurry while your collected BTC are most valuable Smiley I wish I had a business to advertise Tongue
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 05:03:59 AM

Did my best to promote it, now it is up to people.
weex
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 08:50:27 AM

Looks like the site is down right now. Does going to it show the outlines of the bus and logos of CoinDL and others?
Herodes

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 02:14:33 AM

Did my best to promote it, now it is up to people.

Hi Kris,

unfortunately, if you want something to happen, it's always up to yourself. If you want this to happen, then you make it happen.

It's hard and though to be the driving force behind any project. Simply advertising it a little bit, and then hoping and/or thinking it will happen by itself is setting yourself up for failure.

If you really want it to happen, then you work hard, and exhaust all possible methods to gain traction and recognition for the project.

Did you send an e-mail to all merchants at this list : https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade ?

This project is dead if you leave it 'to the people'.

- Herodes
RoloTonyBrownTown

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 03:05:10 AM

I still don't really see how a million tiny images that are too small to see when a bus whizzes past will help us at all.    One large bitcoin advertisement makes way more sense to me, but there you go.

RoloTonyBrownTown

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 03:09:03 AM

This example has just one big advertisement, not hundreds of small ones. There is no comparison between your project and the above bus.

Maybe you should consider just making  one large advertisement, on one side of the bus only?

Exactly.  Then people will know what the hell we're advertising Smiley

Sorry but I'll say it again.  Selling pixels will be nice and lucrative for the person running this, but will do nothing for Bitcoin.

Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 04:58:28 AM

I still have the funds that was given towards this, a total of 3.59073763. I'm still keeping them safe until we reach our goal.

But one big bitcoin advertisement is the way to go.

http://throughad.com/
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 08:59:50 AM

Advertising Bitcoin really is the way to go. But Advertising mainstream is ex-pensive, and it will be hard if not impossible for us to quantify the return.

But it's definitely thinking in the right direction.

more or less retired.
Frequency

Activity: 540

COINDER

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 03:24:37 PM

Advertising Bitcoin really is the way to go. But Advertising mainstream is ex-pensive, and it will be hard if not impossible for us to quantify the return.

But it's definitely thinking in the right direction.

Find a celebrity who speaks positive about BTC and it,s benefits in the media is priceless and will be effective or a big online  company how adopts BTC first could be win win situation.

Most of the forum people have what in comen? IT or TECH were whould u spend ur BTC directly on.?

Except for BMR en SR like websites there isn,t much to spend BTC on YET, if more legal companies could start excepting BTC like coinabul ect. does we have to....

Write a simpel guide on "how to easy implement BTC acceptence into ur business"
some easy to follow guide even for noobs but understandable for bussines people..

COINDER
COINDER
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 03:33:57 PM

A real simple and cheap advertisement is to rename your wifi/BlueTooth name to something with bitcoin.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 09:39:09 PM

A real simple and cheap advertisement is to rename your wifi/BlueTooth name to something with bitcoin.

DONE. Brilliant!

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: