Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:22:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RPCD] Rand Paul Coin (Deflationary)  (Read 49474 times)
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 11:13:35 AM

Question (for which the obvious answer seems to be "yes"). If we have multi address wallets (which I assume a lot of people do), we will have to import the private key for each separate address, yes?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btstv

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:24:19 PM

yes, I know it's a pita but it's accurate
DougB62

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:32:13 PM

yes, I know it's a pita but it's accurate

Figured as much. That's alright though - it's gonna be worth it.

Thanks!
*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 06:23:10 PM

Very interesting project. Waiting for the wallet release...
toast

Activity: 1582
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 02:29:07 AM

Sorry but what? Dumping before a snapshot is expected and standard. Some people want the sharedrop, other people ride the news.

1) Snapshot announced
2) Knowing that people will want to be in on the snapshot, first people to see the announcement buy (more likely, "RPC dev buys", lol)
3) Right before the snapshot, buyers from #2 sell.

"Normal" rpc holders are not hurt because the snapshot profiteers can't sell more than they originally bought. Meanwhile normal RPC coin holders get the snapshot while the profiteers don't.

The only person who could have done something wrong is the RPCD dev, not the bts community...

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Penny Pincher XPP

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 03:07:40 AM

I see another SCAM and I'm so sick and tired of all this!

If its a coin for the people why not just give to the people what THEY want and deserve? Stop filling up your pockets with their hard earned money!

Stop please its just destroying the Altcoin Industry!

Make BTC every hour click here: https://www.btc-i24.com/connect-bitman15
btstv

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:47:46 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2014, 07:45:59 AM by btstv

I see another SCAM and I'm so sick and tired of all this!
Great, we need more people like you around here with the brains and vision to decipher this scam of Matrix proportions right in front of the face of the people:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-10-07/great-scam-americas-richest-politicians-get-richer-democrat-republican-wealth-conver

"America now has only one (political) party."

That is the main reason for the need to create Rand Paul Coin /( Ron Paul Money?)

If its a coin for the people why not just give to the people what THEY want and deserve?
Because what the people want (or politically say they want) is imprisonment:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-09/30-americans-support-property-seizure

Rand Paul Coin (or Ron Paul Money) is not for the (average) people.  It is for the Libertarians.  If our mission is a success, then what the average people will grow to want is liberty over civil forfeiture.

13,000+ RPC's that were dumped "before" the snapshot took place-

Do you have any information about this

Yes, it happens every single time that there is a "snapshot" and has been discussed ad nauseum over in the bitshares forum.  Feel free to come over and poke around.  Be our guest:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11584.msg152850#msg152850

The whole existence of the "snapshot" is a primary reason why BitShares quit doing all snapshots, and adopted the snapshotless BitShares business model.  The obvious volatility caused by the traders during new snapshots was scaring away serious investors.    

If every consecutive BitShares DAC destroys the previous one, then the overall volatility of the sum of the BitShares investments remains highly volatile (BOOM (new DAC), BUST (old DAC), BOOM (new DAC), BUST (old DAC)).  Your market wants price stability, not high volatility (this is the big complaint against BTC, and the reason for BitUSD).  So how would we sell our price stabilizing coin to the world if our equity is continuously pumping and dumping (that does not breed confidence).  Confidence is what we are buying by merging all into one.  The “safety in numbers” or “family stability” concept is one that humans love and trust.  
So good riddance to the horrible "snapshot" paradigm, and be glad that Rand Paul Coin has adopted the new "shapshotless BitShares business model."

In fact, it is because of this new innovation of the snapshotless Bitshares, that everyone started cloning it.  

Fact: before the snapshotless BitShares there were zero clones, and one month after the new snapshot-free BitShares there are already 4 clones that we can name off the top of our head, so the Rand Paul dev just happened to recognise that the time to start cloning bitshares has arrived.

Why is the Ron Paul community cloning BitShares?

Why doesn't the BitShares community clone Ron Paul coin?

These are the simple questions we ask prior to investing in crypto coins.  We tend to buy the coins that are actively being cloned, it's just that we happen to like Libertarianism, so we bought into this community in hopes that they are empowered by the power of Bitcoin 2.0

Why does the Rand Paul dev just want to put the snapshot behind him?

Because he has what he considers more important things to do rather than answer questions concerning the psychology of those who tade rather than invest, or any other discussion of share price that is occupying his brain when he should be

CODING OUR RAND PAUL WALLET!

We could discuss trading vs. investing for months, and launch the new Rand Paul wallet in 2017, or we could let our dev focus on getting our wallet out next week so we can resume trading our Rand Paul Coins

BUT AT TWICE THE VALUE OF WHAT THOSE SUCKERS WHO DUMPED SOLD FOR

THOSE SUCKERS LEFT MONEY ON THE TABLE!

but only if you leave our dev alone so he can fulfill his life's mission which as he tersely put it (and is located somewhere in this thread that is already way too long for me to be able to find it this year) has absolutely nothing to do with 900 page share price discussions that 99% of all other typical communities indulge in, but remain the number 1 reason why we live at the BitShares forum:

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/price-speculation/

Or maybe the dev took our money and is getting his girlfriend's mustache waxed, who knows.

However, all coins now have to go through at least one initial "snapshot" so take a deep breath, and be glad that it is forever over with.  Now Ron Paul Money (or Ron Paul Coin) will be able to add all future additions to the ecosystem to its bitasset chain, and not have to ever reinvent itself through primitive "snapshotting"

Yeah, everyone hates them except for the traders (obviously).  They don't have to download the wallet, wait for it to sync, add nodes, wait for confirm times, etc.  All they have to do is remember to dump them sometime before the snapshot date, hopefully at a higher price.  Why must they dump them before the snapshot date?  Because the equity gets transferred to the new coin.  From the moment the snapshot passes, the new coin's equity is illiquid, and waiting for the new wallet to be born so that it can again be traded.

Investors want to go through the the other side, traders do not.  We did not trade any Ron Paul Coins.  My libertarian hopes and dreams lie currently in crypto purgatory awaiting the dev to shit or get off the pot.  My equity and trust lies in his hands alone.  Historically, we've put such faith in Dan, and we slept good at night.

or are you going to keep on trying to humiliate long-standing members of the RonPaulCoin community for pointing this out?

Certainly, if the Ron Paul community is capable of laughing at themselves.

No if nobody around here has a sense of humor.  And if that is the case, we will remove the kitten photo at the first request, and take my good humor elsewhere.

We would invite you to take a look at the success of dogecoin before you decide to take the "no fun allowed" stance, unless you are a competitor trying to place RandPaulCoin at a disadvantage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdiFV-AFbBA
(2 minutes from the end)

"Fun" is a mathematically required element for crypto community success (take dogecoin for instance).  Jokes and laughing are all part of that "fun" aspect.

Since we are only involved in successful projects, then you can expect more fun and jokes and laughing out of BTSTV from here to eternity.

It's no problem for me to take note for your lame response so far, BTSTV.

If you want to earn the trust of those "10% of the 3% of the people who voted for Ron Paul" - Realize that lying and attempting to humiliate others might not work out so well for you in the future.

It's been said many, that "we (BTSTV) don't know the square root of shit"

No lies here, humiliating, maybe, so what else would you like to know?

You laugh at us, we laugh at you, is that not what best friends do.

the thief who was stealing from the community, lying to everyone about who the "Developer Donations" were going to. Out of all the coins in cryptocurrency land, I've been paying attention to RonPaulCoin the most, and I've never seen any of you several of bitshares folks on our thread, ever.

Sorry, we're new here, and did not realize the mental scars that you guys bear.  Nothing bad ever happens in crypto:

http://www.feedworld.co.uk/images/post-images/aa/14/62562__feedworld-more-bad-news-from-mtgox-all-the-bitcoin-money-is-gone.jpg

Disrespecting peoples' liberty to find things "interesting" BTSTV? That doesn't fall in line with Ron Paul principles. No one accused you of anything, yet you reply in a way that makes you seem like you know you're partially guilty and just looking to make the "accuser" out to appear like a moron.

Yet, one of our proudest moments as a Libertarian American came when we were disrespected by Don Rickles.  How many communists can say the same?

http://www.latimes.com/includes/projects/hollywood/portraits/don_rickles.jpg

bitshares doesn't really give a flying fuck about Liberty

We've been telling those guys to put that exact quote on a T-Shirt forever.  The political spokesman for BitShares is a little different from that of Ron Paul Coin, so we can see why there may be some differences here, it's just that we are a little more silent at bitshares for more obvious reasons:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3770.0

We know that our Days are numbered, so we live each one to their funnest fullest.  We are just not used to the posh protections of Capital hill, so forgive my brethren if we come off at first as a little unrefined and gorilla-like, it's just that we are obviously more guerilla-like than most crypto-communities for a reason.  We have hard emotional shells due to the constant repression and literal head-hunters we face.

That is why we invented the worlds first figurative headhunter coin (we are a product of our environment, and our environment is not filled with fine meals and nice suits):

After all, this is JobCoin (BitShares):

JobCoin (aka BitShares) promotes world peace by lowering civil unrest by increasing employment in a high tech field without costing tax payers a dime. Next year, just might be the first year where a blockchain takes the Nobel Peace Prize.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/05/the-global-youth-jobless-crisis-a-tragic-mess-that-is-not-getting-any-better/275696/

BitShares – Helping Obama, Putin, Jinping, Abe, & Merkel avoid social unrest due to rising youth unemloyment since 2014

Now we're sorry to disappoint all you POW miners who think that the gold rush can last forever, but consolidation of the mining industry has ended the prior chapter in Bitcoin 1.0

Did the California gold rush continue indefinitely?  No, it experienced diminishing returns.  The days of mininig hundreds of bitcoins on your PC are over, and we're already over it.  The next generation of PC mining will be performed by those who can also add value to the system that they are mining for.  

Rand Paul Coin miners will need to show the Ron Paul Coin holders that they are working hard for their coins that they are mining.  The low hanging fruit of the crypto gold rush has been plucked, now it gets tougher.  This is the second level.  Miners need to work harder to thrive since the competition has just become more intense.  Thank you for tuning into BTSTV, stay tuned for more tips on how to thrive in the Bitcoin environment in 2015.

We know that the Ron Paul community has done wonders for freedom, but what has "Ron Paul Coin" done for us lately.  We're not simply trying to occupy Wall St over at BitShares:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6116/6232947442_3f8ec1a28f.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CAIsgxG.jpg

Personally, we're sorry, if we offended anyone.  we was joking (bad habit), we will take the cute kitten photo down if you want.  If this coin is a failure, you can point to this thread and the joke will be on me because we are now a huge RandPaulCoin "bagholder."  I just prefer to not complain about math concepts like "gravity," relativity," or "snapshotting"

Because, you see man, after 3 or 4 of these "snapshots" now, they get rather predictable to the general trading public.  Don't ignore history: BitShares snapshot

1. Public announcement of snapshot date.

2. Investors purchase shares and download the wallet, and send them to the wallet.

3. Traders purchase shares knowing that they must dump prior to snapshot.

4. Those who hold through the snapshot know for a fact that the price will drop just prior to the snapshot time due to traders

And for the record, we love Ron Paul as a politician despite his poor sense of humor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOEJGKusJb8

And actually, we have something in common, we hate those vulgar assholes over at BitShares, why do you think that we am joining the Rand Paul Team (whom is BitShares's most feared competitor currenlty) (BitShares fork = Bizarro Superman = basically a competitive enemy that the worlds strongest man is mathematically incapable of defeating).  

If you want, we will channel this current thread vibe into a vessel of vile hatred that we will spew at the evil BitShares community.  They will learn not to mess with the Pauls!  We have been player hating those greedy rich BitShare bastards for months now, openly, and publicallly:  

Given the elaborate, lengthy, single mindedness of your posts, as a poker player, my best guess is that competitors in this space are starting to feel a little bit threatened...

You selfish BitBastards have finally flushed out your true enemy!

I am your enemy!  

I am your competition!

I almost tricked you into giving away your precious BitShares!

But you stayed true to your beliefs, and you win!

Here is how we treat random big shots in the current field of crypto who come to help the BitShares community (we make them run away!):

I think Charles is pushing something that would severely distract from our roll out plan

You got that right bro, " what is this asshole thinking:

So why not just distribute amongst a basket of currencies and use it as a hook? clever marketing, could have made a legitimate contender to replace bitcoin.    

LOL !! Don’t make us laugh ass!  
Marketing “hook ? basket? bootstraps? release cycles?”
“legitimate contender to bitcoin!”  ?? wtf?
Don’t sweat it team, I’ll handle this troll from here, you guys can get back to work:

Stop trying to steal our coins and our code Mofo Troll Hoskinson (if that really is your real name)!  You better back the Chuck up with that “free hippy love and coins communism crap.”  We are the BitShares Community, and we don’t give anything to anybody (especially those less fortunate) for free, see.  We are the global fun police, so please put the jointdown Chas.  And no smiling or marketing math allowed here troll.  

Here’s what happened to the last chuck-head that tried STARTING A THREAD about airdropping coins because it is an extremely simple and cheap way to distribute millions of units of OUR code to people throughout the globe who already own computers and have at least one “Bitcoin-crypto-type” software program pre-loaded into their machines that they are very familiar with :

Spolier alert, we told him to go chuck himself!

I like the idea of honoring namecoin holders with a small percent.  I recommend honoring all of the top 10 bitcoin-based alt-coins proportional to market cap.  This will get the widest possible airdrop.
5) Don't honor coins with large pre-mines...

If you set this up right, the developers can avoid any accusations of 'pre-mine' because everyone had an opportunity to claim it, unclaimed funds go to devs... this also solves the problem of dead coins being honored.

Ha HA! HAA ha!
What a loser that dude is!  Right fellas?!  And what a megalomaniacal ego this ass must have to call himself:

“ The Bytemaster”

Ha HA! HAA ha!  As if this assmaster knows anything about math or the magic of marketing!  Tell us oh great (byte)MASTER who controls us centrally how do you plan to distribute your decentralized application!  You are not the master here Dan, because we are the controlling members of your community, remember you sold your soul to us, and now you are nothing but the byteslave!  So shut up with those marketing ideas.   You will do what your told.  And we are ordering you to go against your heart, soul, feelings, and intuition.
So you see Chuck, we don’t want your innovative marketing ideas, because they are identical to Dan’s ideas who we know for a fact must be a marketing idiot.  

So your current marketing is spot on with your negative T-Shirt campaign against the BitShares community, however, we would go just a bit further:

BitShares T - Fuck those fucking fuckers

Maybe then, we could get some real publicity around here, eh mate?

Smiley

Tell ya what, when the first bitBeer asset is invented next year, we will buy you one.

So you see, everything is going according to plan.  Take a step back, look around you, breathe a sigh of relief.. If you are watching BTSTV, then you are watching the future in 20/20.

Now whomever expected to sell their Ron Paul Coins at pre-snapshot levels after the snapshot time should erase their old posts now that this basic crypto 101 math lesson is complete if understood.  Please do this so that we can make some room around here for the superhero devs whom we plan to welcome here as they begin arriving here at our Hall of Justice (this thread) hopefully soon.

Thank you.

Also, to any of you who posted "scam" posts please remove those too, because if it is a scam, then it is on us, and we are already cool with it, so please just humor us.

If, however, this is not a scam, then here is your future:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_2387435859&feature=iv&src_vid=oblnNd73qGo&v=iVJYS1L1snA  
btstv

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 04:18:00 PM

peace bro, and teaching, and learning, and freedom too while we're at it.  Why not?
btstv

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:14:32 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2014, 07:53:16 AM by btstv

That’s the thing man.  we are not devs, and we have no clue who the devs of this coin are.  We only know that the devs of the coin being copied are magicians.  But for all we know, the guy doing the snapshot here could very well be the trader who dumped the 13,000 RPC and is half way to Dairy Queen by now.  We have no clue if he has the brains or balls necessary to carry out this awesome idea.  We're gambling on the fact that this idea is so good (BitShares sharedrop to Ron Paul Coin/Bitcoin/Dogecoin), that if he does not do it then some other crypto nerd will.  And whoever pulls it off will be a hero.  We don't know or care who that is, we are just the film crew here.  The devs and community organizers are the stars of this show.  So buy a ticket, or sit silently and watch, but its starting to get real.  Last month there were zero BitShares clones, now there are several.  Why?  One word:

Litecoin

We took the hit on the RPC share price and now we can only hope that our dev incorporates the incredible features of BitShares into your pro-Libertarian format.

We don’t care about the share price, we just want to watch the next episode on BTSTV:

Deep voice: “A new Ron Paul Coin is born.  A coin that is far more powerful than Bitcoin itself.  A coin that will turn the world upside down and be responsible for electing the first Third Party American President since the Taylor administration almost 200 yrs ago.”

Not that your current Ron Paul Coin is not capable of positive change.  It’s just that once you see what this upgrade is capable of, then we don’t think that you will be driving around your old RPC very often.  Your upgraded RPC can not only perform all the functions of your current RPC, but it can utilize the power of Satoshi’s blockchain invention to orchestrate a 100% incorruptible vote:

Don’t you wonder what the real tally of yesterday’s vote was?
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-30/swiss-gold-referendum-fails-78-vote-against-protecting-countrys-wealth

Or what was the real score of this old vote?
http://terrifictop10.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/election-of-2000.jpg

Imagine if the Florida voting apparatus was as efficient and secure as Bitcoin.

And of course, imagine how many votes did this guy actually get when he ran for president:
http://marketsanity.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/audit-the-fed.jpg

So you see;  your new and improved (infused with BitShares Vote) Ron Paul Coin (Ron Paul Money/Rand Paul Coin) now has much more capability than your old Ron Paul Coin.  It also has more features than Bitcoin and the clones.

Can you vote on who you want to mine your coins if you own Bitcoins or Ron Paul Coins?  Do you know how many different people are successfully mining your coin? Do you think that Bitcoin owners would vote for only 2 or 4 centralized miners?

Well, by owning Bitcoin, and not Rand Paul Coin, they basically are.

Do you know what it means to "vote with your dollar"?

If you buy your girlfriend Avon makeup, then you directly caused this:

http://www.animal-rights-action.com/images/animal-experimentation-rabbit-draize-eye-irritacy-tests.jpg

If you buy your girlfriend makeup that has this symbol on it:

http://www.hippyshopper.com/BUAV%20Approved%20Leaping%20Bunny%20Logo.jpg

Then you are not a bunny blinder.

That is basic economics.

The advanced economics lesson is this:

If you buy bitcoins, then you are supporting this dude's quest to warm the planet:

http://a-dc.org/blog/MegaBitPowerCarlson.jpg

Where, if you had bought Ron Paul Money (Rand Paul Coin), then you support miners who have similar interests to you.  They might be environmentalists, political activists, scientists, marketers, poacher poachers, whatever.  The bottom line is that you determine who lives and dies because you are already filthy rich on the global environmental scale.

Who will the Ron Paul community kill.  Whom will they support.  We can't wait to find out in the next episode of Bitcoin 2.0.  We already know the ending of the prior episode (Bitcoin 1.0) = The bitcoin owners supported 4 miners who completely centralized the mining which spawned Ripple (the completely centralized version of Ron Paul Money (Rand Paul Coin) with less features).

In the next episode, we picture the Ron Paul Coin community voting for at least 3 miners because historically, you have displayed an active appreciation of tri-decentralized power  in American Politics).  Ron Paul Money (Rand Paul Coin) allows its owners to vote on who gets to mine new Ron Paul Money (Rands).  And that is just the tip.  

Do you think that the Ron Paul community would support blockchain based voting for Political offices such as the POTUS?

We do too, so we sure hope that our dev does his deed.  But if he doesn’t, we won’t sweat it because we have seen how the Ron Paul Coin community handles abandonment (that required Ron Paul Wallet 2.0 to save the day).  Your refusal to take it up d’ass quietly is exactly why we bought into your community (figuratively speaking, not another Borat reference).  

The Ron Paul Coin community persists under adversity, and if our new dev deviates from his self-proclaimed “soul purpose in life,” then so be it.  We know that the Ron Paul community will persist, and continue striving to survive.  You guys kept a weak little bitcoin baby clone alive in Zombieland!  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=588413.0

Meaning: You guys kept your wallet alive and functioning while ZombieCoin, GoldCoin, DodoCoin, KarpelesCoin, Scamcoin, SiliconValleyCoin, Supercoin, SlothCoin, Teslacoin, Vampirecoin, UFOcoin, WikiCoin, Alphacoin, PatriotCoin, and even American Coin succumbed to the mind numbing mainstream Bitcoin community.  

Why would anybody attempt to preserve their wealth in BBQ coin or other Junkcoins?  They are just bitcoin clones with only a couple successful miners.

Why would anybody attempt to preserve their wealth in Feathercoin, Maxcoin, Dogecoin or Ron Paul Coin?  They are just simple bitcoin clones too.  The answer is because those communities still have people that are there for a purpose other than to simply speculate and try to get rich quick.  These communities are not full of mainstream people.  They represent a specific unified group of people who share the same values.  You want a coin backed by gold?  You got it.  
You want a coin backed by silver?  

Done.

What else do you want?

Here is a recent quote from the Rand man himself: “I was looking more at it until that recent thing. And actually my theory, if I were setting it up, I’d make it exchangeable for stock. And then it’d have real value. And I’d have it pegged, and I’d have a basket of 10 big retailers. Because I read [Marc] Andreessen’s article a couple months ago. What fascinated me about it was those 2 to 3% margins. If you multiply that out for all of Wal-Mart (WMT) and they don’t have to use Visa anymore, I’m guessing the people who have to be worried here are Visa (V) and Mastercard (MA). I think it would work, but I think, because I’m sort of a believer in currency having value, if you’re going to create a currency, have it backed up,”.

Done Rand man, now what are you going to do next?  BTSTV viewers are anxiously awaiting that answer?!

The genie is out of the bottle and granting wishes for those who ask.

So you might as well dream big.  Here is what one of the pages in your new wallet looks like when you trade Ron Paul Assets (like Gold or stocks) within the client itself! (you don't have to go to MtGox or Poloniex or MintPal to trust them with your crypto trades ever again)

https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbitshares.org%2FMarketScreenShot.png&t=546&c=Mow2Tx5VGzIMYg

So now you guys are cooking with Bitcoin 2.0 technilogy, and the world will never look the same because you can now see the big picture:

Bitcoin is for the average Joe (majority)

Ripple is for the “Type A”  personalities who were using bitcoin so much that they started Bitcoin 2.0 with a completely centralized blockchain.  They simply looked at the bitcoin mining centralization trend and extrapolated it to its logical conclusion: BigBrotherCoin.

NXT is for the Trekkies who are smarter than the average Bitcoiner because they got an “A” on their Bitcoin 2.0 test and are not cool supporting BigBrotherCoin

BitShare savants are already working on Bitcoin 3.0, but never really cared to tell anyone last year when they started their Bitcoin 2.0 project.  They care not for marketing because they are autistic geniuses who can name every star in the universe in the order in which it was formed, but can’t remember to zip up after hitting the can.  These guys are planning on solving the “free energy” problem after they complete the BitShares project (SchlonGoin or something, the name escapes me).

Dogecoins are for the hippies and hipsters in the Occupy Wall St photo I posted earlier.

Counterparty is for the martyr extremists whom obviously can’t be present when the time comes for the Libertarian fight for freedom.

http://images.alarabiya.net/6e/e8/640x392_20170_189638.jpg

Ron Paul Coins are for the “Occupy Washington crowd (we will not be distracted by bread and circuses, and above all we know where to hold our protest)”

Frankly, we like filming your crowd the best, because the BitShares guys are shy, and afraid of openly supporting a third party politician.  You see, their ultimate goal is to be BitCoin 2.0 (average Joe’s Bitcoin 2.0 solution).  

Now there are 2 ways to attempt to get the Average Joe using BitShares.

Method 1. Teach them – This is what the Bitcoin community has chosen to try to do

Method 2. Give them (Bitcoin and Dogecoin kids) BitShares – This is what you just did (or what our Ron Paul $ dev says he is going to try to do).  

The Ron Paul Coin community is actually well positioned to utilize the immense power of Bitcoin 2.0 disruptively.  Bitcoin Average Joes could care less about creating social change, or at least the radical type of change that Ron Paul envisions (Libertarian President? waaaat???).  But if the Bitcoin Average Joes cared more, and got behind BitShares (in the form of Ron Paul $), then your community would now be in control of the most powerful crypto death ray in the world!  Because the Average Joes are powerful when united, and super cool when united under Libertarianism.  
BitCoin 1.0 disrupted Western Union and money transmitters.

Ron Paul Money is going to disrupt the entire primitive trading and security paradigm, and it has the potential to disrupt our political system even more.  And what better communities’ hands to place this new-fangled death ray gizmo into than yours.

No, BTSTV is not a dev.  We’re not even in tech support here.  We’re in sales.  We are the ones who are going to show you how to operate this nuclear device.  We did not create the operations manual.  We just had to memorize it so that now we can teach you how to use it, and what you can use it for.  We are going to film you turning it on and taking it for the first spin.  The footage is going to be epic.  We just want some hits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMhdksPFhCM

You just purchased our rocket ship, and we are just showing you the features like hot and cold showers, 17 subwoofer surround sound (BitShares Music), auto-lock security (cold wallets), identity cloaking (TITAN), hyper-drive, etc (10 sec block times).

We heard that Bitcoin was going to inspire a revolution.  And history has proven that revolutions only occur when people demand liberty.  So we came here to the land of the Libertarians with cameras rolling and waiting for it.  Well it seems that contrary to popular belief, the revolution will indeed be televised, here at the Ron Paul Community on BTSTV.

“Aynnnnnnnnd ACTION!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEfK-3Lwph0
and the beat goes on
CLains

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:50:08 PM

Fun read  Cheesy
fuznutts

Activity: 158

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 04:50:42 PM

Fun read  Cheesy

I had to quit 1/3rd of the way.  Gotta get some sleep.  One thing I can say though...is that I LOVE snapshotting btstv.  I think it is a great, interesting and new mechanism for distribution that allows Devs the ability to honor coins based on their meanings, communities and awesome devs...or any other number of awesome things.  Sharedropping is by far not over.  I guarantee that Wink
btstv

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:31:59 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2014, 01:37:06 PM by btstv

Good for you, we hate it.  What we do love is living our life in our new Bitcoin 2.0 starship.

We were riding in a bitcoinmobile, but it was so slow, and boring.  Storing coins offline, however, was a great invention by Satoshi.  Then Invictus came along and transformed the Satoshi Model-T into a Ferrari, and check out how many consecutive doughnuts we spun in a row this morning:

We finally synced and will be voting this weekend.  Our dream shorts got executed over the blackout and we just covered.  Hell yeah!  We're not bragging, we really are knuckle draggers over here at the station, so it's amazing that we made money while we were scratching our heads for a month over our inability to upgrade/sync v0.24.  Upon hearing that v0.25 would be our literal Xmas gift, we broke down and got a $150 POS computer for Cyber Line Dancing Day (which was exactly our profit on our blackout trade!).  Utilizing this clean Wiindows 8 slate was just the ticket.  BitShares really is for dummies like us, and we plan on supporting our kind with full diluted bit-paycheck VOTING support (for partying Charlie Sheen to shame) to the first 101 Avatar wielding posters who ask for it (top 50 need not apply)(limit 1 per customer):  

if you are watching BTSTV, then you are watching your future in 20/20 (and no you won't see Cryptsy or BTER here)(sorry guys, that's why you get 1% for being the on-ramp):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_2387435859&feature=iv&src_vid=oblnNd73qGo&v=iVJYS1L1snA

If we accidentally support the antichrist who brings down the whole system, then you can thank us for finding your flaw.  Idiot tip: back up your wallet file (in the roaming apps folder) early and often, because it did not recognise our password on the latest backup (or the next earliest)(or....)(get it?)

Just be safe, and e-warrior, I'm sending you 1% of our sponsors funds (so roughly 3k and more if we can figure out the private key to our bitcoin wallet that we sent our AGS funds from)(that might take 2 weeks), because anybody who talks this loud needs some Obamacare:

BTSX "codeblooded" correct?

the government is using artificial intelligence with social networking websites to legally spy on it's citizens.

donate to the ultimate BitShares (edu)Warrior
13:37
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jo8YA4Sbkgo
I AM THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEfK-3Lwph0

Allow me to conversate with you:

BTSYV: We own bitshares, and we are voting for the first 101 people who post in that thread.  
You: What do you win if you are voted in?

BTSTV: You get to be a BitShares miner at full delegate pay.

You:  How much is full delegate pay?

BTSTV: currently about $3k/month.

You: What if the price of BitShares goes back up to where it peaked last quarter?

BTSTV: Then you will be bringing in $10,000 per month.

You: Just for mining BitShares?

BTSTV: Yeah, but you probably will need to convince others to vote for you, or offer to mine for
less pay at first until everyone gets to know you.  But once they all see how cool you are, then I’m
sure that they would give you a pay raise.  Basically, you are paid in BitShares.

You: But if all 101 miners are making $10,000 per month and dumping them on the open market, then won’t that cause the price of BitShares to decrease?

BTSTV: Not anymore than with  bitcoin because the inflation rate is less than bitcoin’s even at full dilution

You: What else can I do with BitShares?

BTSTV: You can do what we just did and sell them for dollars inside the client software.  If the BitShare price rises, and you want to lock in your profits, you can sell them for dollars (and soon gold or oil or stocks).

You: So what. I can already do that on Cryptsy

BTSTV: Yeah, and also on MtGox, MintPal and those other exchanges that took people’s money.

You: Cool, what else can it do?

BTSTV: Well the next version has escorow and multisig, and a bunch of other nerdy stuff … I’m bored, lesson’s over kid, go to their forum and learn for yourself.
You: should I buy some BitShares

BTSTV:  Hell no man! I’m still accumulating, wait until early 2015 after the new wallet/marketing push happens, otherwise my orders will never get filled:
as dumb as this is I think it's quite likely that btstv is a disgruntled whale...
who bought more this morning in low 40's and hopes it goes lower still.
What can I say to get this to sell off more?
Come to papa?
Your confidence in BTS very reassuring. Im finding this bear trend quite worrying atmo.
Then you are gambling instead of investing
The difference between us then is that when we go to sleep at night, you dream of BitShares going to the moon, while we dream of cleaning up after a whale dump:
www...now where did that link go?...
So the bottom line is this Ferrari works as advertised (Bitcoin that you can buy and sell directly on the blockchain in 10 seconds not 20 minutes, and never worry about BigVern getting hacked).
I’m just a dropout who bought into bitcoin when it hit $1000 because I was asleep.  I was definitely late to the crypto party.  But I saw the revolution for what it was.  And the future of BitShares goes beyond simple asset hedging of your bitcoins, it allows you to vote for your miners, and your government officials in a 100% perfectly accurate manner.

What is that worth to the Libertarian community?

By giving this power to the Libertarian community, we are forcing ourselves to modify the words of our theme song to: moneypowerwomendrugsliberty

CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 01:43:37 AM

"That’s the thing man.  we are not devs, and we have no clue who the devs of this coin are.  We only know that the devs of the coin being copied are magicians.  But for all we know, the guy doing the snapshot here could very well be the trader who dumped the 13,000 RPC and is half way to Dairy Queen by now.  "

Magicians? Well, hopefully this is legit and not another trick.

randpaulcoin (OP)

Activity: 68

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 03:05:06 AM

Question (for which the obvious answer seems to be "yes"). If we have multi address wallets (which I assume a lot of people do), we will have to import the private key for each separate address, yes?

Yes. This is a security issue where the unfortunate aspect is trusting that compiled binaries don't steal data. Or you can compile the code yourself and examine it.

People need to understand and be aware of what exposing your private keys means. Also understand that it isn't just about importing your private keys. It is giving binaries access to where your Bitcoin wallet. Always be skeptical about doing this.

There is talk about signing of messages being implemented to redeem (claim) sharedropped funds. If something like this is feasible upon final release we will try to incorporate it.
randpaulcoin (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 03:22:48 AM

Sorry but what? Dumping before a snapshot is expected and standard. Some people want the sharedrop, other people ride the news.

1) Snapshot announced
2) Knowing that people will want to be in on the snapshot, first people to see the announcement buy (more likely, "RPC dev buys", lol)
3) Right before the snapshot, buyers from #2 sell.

"Normal" rpc holders are not hurt because the snapshot profiteers can't sell more than they originally bought. Meanwhile normal RPC coin holders get the snapshot while the profiteers don't.

The only person who could have done something wrong is the RPCD dev, not the bts community...

RPCD dev needs to pay expenses to help this coin succeed. It should be obvious what happened.

The one(s) who were hurt the most are the people running bots and having no clue whatsoever why the market was moving. They were given ample opportunity to take down their buy orders. Not only in this thread, but I reached out to the RPC thread which is the only live RPC community left.

Whoever dumped those coins obviously has an interest in RPCD and not in manipulating RPC. It should only be viewed as a good sign to those buying for the snapshot. 

I really did not spend that much time buying up coins. Leading up to the announcement I took a few plunges over the spread. Given my dedication to this coin - my financial interests would have been much better served installing a bot and buying more RPC. The accusations are impossible to duck because there is no level of feasible transparency to prove anything.
randpaulcoin (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:03:37 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2014, 10:21:31 AM by randpaulcoin

Status update -

I have been busy with some other-worldly requests. They will be dispatched with soon and I will be 100% focused on RPCD.

Ok these are just my thoughts (ie likely to be implemented)

Changing from RPCD to RPM (RandPaulCoinDeflationary vs RandPaulMoney).

Why?

Coin is played out. Money is more direct and fits better semantically.
Rand Paul is unfortunately not vetted on how he holds to principles. This is a concern of mine. Let me just say he obviously isn't Ron. Yet that is also why he might be elected. So rebranding is not clear to me. One thing is certain - we are early into this so if it is to happen - now is the time.

RPM simply sounds cool. Last I checked no other coin is using it.

There is concern on what we lose with the word deflationary. Deflationary might be a word that really grabs people's attention and points out to how we are distinctly different from most all other coins. Everyone knows what inflation is so even if they are not familiar with the word deflation it is obvious.

On top of that, we will have some voting system variant that funnels money into donations. I don't think it can be all or nothing. I might consider enacting 3 donation addresses that are given proportional to how people vote.
 This is such a complicated topic on relating votes -> donations of BTC addresses. I would rather not point directly to a political candidate and have

Bitcoin inflates to pay for security <
Bitshares pays for development by less inflation than BTC <
Optimality by agreeing to social consensus and leveraging Bitshares.

What if Rand is not elected? Ron Paul will die with his principles intact and thus RPM is a name that will mean something forever! As long as man is alive Ron Paul will be remembered for standing his ground against the sicknesses that made the greatest country so great. Rand's reputation will depend on how far he makes it through the primaries and on to Presidency. Therefore RPM seems to be a better name for a currency that is really striving to bring longterm value. Who disagrees?  Why, please?

What about the idea of RPCDs ? (Rand Paul Coin Deflationary) Rand Paul Coins will be issued as assets. RPC would lead to confusion but with RPCD I am not sure that an asset can still be deflationary without significant work. So it will likely be RANDPC.  

RANDPC will be distributed as 1 RANDPC per 1 RPM . This might be done at a later stage as a hard-fork.  It might be relatively easy with a functional layer and utilize the same sharedrop data. If anyone has a clever idea what to do with this asset please step right up!

Number of Delegates

It seems that changing the number of delegates mid-chain is untested ground. My thoughts on best current approach would be to change the delegate number to ~29 and request that all delegate's run multiple keys and then slowly give up their second+ delegate as the community and market cap expands. It appears we can run as multiple delegates from one server process.

Alternatively - I may just go with 101 delegates and write a tool to import and create multiple keys. If we publish instructions on this extra complexity should not be an issue. One of the highest priority goals here is to minimize changes to Bitshares codebase so that we can continue to utilize the rapid innovation brought and bought by their inflating coin without minimal developer overhead. This means all the functional value of Bitshares but without paying for it via inflation.

Conclusion and warm regards

Those are the only 2 changes from previous plan revisions that I know. It would be nice to hear any last thoughts on the name. I will be making a poll in a different area of Bitcointalk about the 2 names and unless shown demand otherwise I will proceed with the above RPM change.

Personally I would like to just claim to be a good custodian of this currency.  A lot of my experience in development has been taking large existing projects and hacking away at them until they are twisted into my desires. In this regard there have been no promises that can not be met. The main value I will add is the deflationary aspect where there can be no inflation. That is the social contract between anyone who uses this coin. Never will we inflate the money supply or vote to allow a hard fork that does.

I am not personally against the approach of Bitshares - mad love and props for what the Bitshares team has delivered.  We as a community just wish for a currency that will never inflate. Yes that is right. never inflate never inflate never inflate never inflate never inflate
never inflate

RPM can list future smart-contracts because that is latest buzzword while still having more legitimacy behind this claim than 99%+ of most altcoins. Bitshares has delivered and we are going to use their tech 101% to the maximum potential.

Perhaps I should have hyped this more but too late. If you aren't a Bitshares user you have no idea what cool and powerful features this currency will have.

If anyone feels inspired to help me whip up a social consensus it would be most considerate. It is not a contract because the word contract has some ability to conjure up magical law powers that we must all abide by. It is a consensus that we as a community agree to and what we stand for. Nothing more!
DougB62

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:04:10 AM

Yes. This is a security issue where the unfortunate aspect is trusting that compiled binaries don't steal data. Or you can compile the code yourself and examine it.

People need to understand and be aware of what exposing your private keys means. Also understand that it isn't just about importing your private keys. It is giving binaries access to where your Bitcoin wallet. Always be skeptical about doing this.

There is talk about signing of messages being implemented to redeem (claim) sharedropped funds. If something like this is feasible upon final release we will try to incorporate it.

Signed messaging would be far more acceptable, if possible. Not that we're paranoid or anyth... scratch that. I am.   Grin
btstv

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:24:40 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2014, 02:53:59 PM by btstv

Changing from RPCD to RPM (RandPaulCoinDeflationary vs RandPaulMoney).
Marketing Move of the Millenium
Sorry but what? Dumping before a snapshot is expected and standard.

RPCD dev needs to pay expenses to help this coin succeed. It should be obvious what happened.

Whoever dumped those coins obviously has an interest in RPCD and not in manipulating RPC. It should only be viewed as a good sign to those buying for the snapshot.  
Of course the dev needs to get paid, I'm just glad you came back, and I sure as hell hope that you would have some skin in this game.  I sold my RPC's immediately after the dump assuming that it was the dev dumping.  If he was not the big dumper, then I just lost all my Rand Paul Money because I waited for the dump before going back to DPOS.  How the hell do I deserve to make more money than him in his venture anyway?  Anybody who bitches here has to explain that question first or you are a penocha.  I'm the leach, he is my slave.  I don't do shit but throw shit at him, yet he is free to leave my captivity anytime.  Jesuschrist, it's not like I had my life's savings invested in RPC.  We all know what this really is, so no bitching about losses.  No crying at the poker table, this is a man's game in the fukkin wild west dig?.  Anybody could have bought this coin cheaper than it is today back in September, so get off it and take your sad ass out of here.  

Any talk of the share price will be looked upon as personal weakness.

We have a tough job ahead of us, a battle if you will, and only men are aloud (and strong women).  This is now a place of business.  This is not kiddie coin, it's more like Sparta!

Bitcoin has a Litecoin, but BitShares doesn't yet.  Ron Paul Money would make a fine compliment to BitShares, and the voting donations idea sounds superb.  There are several other coins trying to become the "LiteShares" to "BitShares,"  so we need complete and utter focus from here on out.  This is a game.  A game of death.  And the enemy is immensely stronger than we are, but we have a secret weapon of magical power.

http://www.quotessays.com/images/advanced-technology-quotes-2.jpg

Status update -
I will be 100% focused on RPCD.

shit, I'd take 10% focussed, just don't ditch us.  BitShares will launch a new update at longer and longer intervals.  It will only get easier.

There is concern on what we lose with the word deflationary.
Who says you have to "lose the word" deflationary

You can say it all you want in the interviews.

Them: What is Ron Paul Money

You: It is like Bitcoin, only deflationary, instead of inflationary, plus you can purchase derivatives with it on the client software using it as collateral.....

It's still there.  I don't get it.

we will have some voting system variant that funnels money into donations. I don't think it can be all or nothing. I might consider enacting 3 donation addresses that are given proportional to how people vote.
 This is such a complicated topic on relating votes -> donations of BTC addresses. I would rather not point directly to a political candidate and have

Bitcoin inflates to pay for security <
Bitshares pays for development by less inflation than BTC <
Optimality by agreeing to social consensus and leveraging Bitshares.

Of course you had to differentiate the VOTE aspect from BitShares, this is your number 2 selling point (behind deflationary derivative trading bitcoin)

What if Rand is not elected? Ron Paul will die with his principles intact and thus RPM is a name that will mean something forever! As long as man is alive Ron Paul will be remembered for standing his ground against the sicknesses that made the greatest country so great.

(snifff snifff)....(tear)

I love you man

Rand's reputation will depend on how far he makes it through the primaries and on to Presidency. Therefore RPM seems to be a better name for a currency that is really striving to bring longterm value. Who disagrees?  Why, please?
You can't beat it.

What about the idea of RPCDs ? (Rand Paul Coin Deflationary) Rand Paul Coins will be issued as assets. RPC would lead to confusion but with RPCD I am not sure that an asset can still be deflationary without significant work. So it will likely be RANDPC.  

RANDPC will be distributed as 1 RANDPC per 1 RPM . This might be done at a later stage as a hard-fork.  It might be relatively easy with a functional layer and utilize the same sharedrop data. If anyone has a clever idea what to do with this asset please step right up!

You are the coder, what is "tough" for you is impossible in 3 lifetimes for me.
Number of Delegates

It seems that changing the number of delegates mid-chain is untested ground. My thoughts on best current approach would be to change the delegate number to ~29 and request that all delegate's run multiple keys and then slowly give up their second+ delegate as the community and market cap expands. It appears we can run as multiple delegates from one server process.

Alternatively - I may just go with 101 delegates and write a tool to import and create multiple keys. If we publish instructions on this extra complexity should not be an issue. One of the highest priority goals here is to minimize changes to Bitshares codebase so that we can continue to utilize the rapid innovation brought and bought by their inflating coin without minimal developer overhead. This means all the functional value of Bitshares but without paying for it via inflation.

This thing is so over-designed for ease of forking out a bad actor if it were to be attacked that you could probably do whatever, but changing the number of delegates in mid stream does sound tricky, and has never been discussed at the BitShares forum.  They just ran some tests, and chose 101 delegates.  I'm pretty stupid on this, but my gut thinks that 13 may be too low
[/quote]

Personally I would like to just claim to be a good custodian of this currency.  A lot of my experience in development has been taking large existing projects and hacking away at them until they are twisted into my desires. In this regard there have been no promises that can not be met.
You certainly sound like the man
CryptoClub
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 07:46:02 PM

VERY happy to see the dev post. Smiley

Anyway, no problem with devs making a profit. Love the idea here and glad it appears to be real. (That running off to dairy queen comment started to get me paranoid)

CryptoClub
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 07:52:06 PM

Rand Paul Money, RPM, sounds good.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: