Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:03:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GetBitcoin's New Cash Deposits, In Partnership With BitInstant  (Read 4852 times)
getbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2012, 01:02:31 AM

GetBitcoin is proud to announce our new cash deposit service, provided in partnership with BitInstant and Coinapult. BitInstant's cash deposit program, launched earlier this week, will allow our customers to get Bitcoins from cash deposits at more than 700,000 locations. In addition to Bank of America and Chase, we now support cash deposit at Citibank, Wells Fargo, Walmart, MoneyGram, 7-11 and CVS. Cash deposit will become even faster - since order fulfillment is automated, orders will be fulfilled within an hour of depositing cash. And this new service comes with the same low 5% fees our customers have come to expect. For more information, feel free to contact us at support@get-bitcoin.com.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2012, 01:09:44 AM

The team at Bitinstant is looking forward to our partnership with GetBitcoin!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Confounded Bridge

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 03:27:38 AM

Great job!! - when u two douche bags are done stroking each others peckers would one of u - namely Tom
refund me the $40.00 U.S. dollars the financial institution charged me for cashing your bad checks?

I am really dying to visit N.Y.C.

I hope to do business with your new company soon - NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!!!

If anyone has any COMMON SENSE whatsoever u will stay far away from both of these
two unsafe thief's !!
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2012, 03:31:12 AM

Great job!! - when u two douche bags are done stroking each others peckers would one of u - namely Tom
refund me the $40.00 U.S. dollars the financial institution charged me for cashing your bad checks?

I am really dying to visit N.Y.C.

I hope to do business with your new company soon - NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!!!

If anyone has any COMMON SENSE whatsoever u will stay far away from both of these
two unsafe thief's !!

Whoa whoa whoa, slow down there buddy.

First - Did I deserve that? Have we done anything to you? Bitinstant has been around over a year and have a 5 star rating (See here resellerratings.com/search/bitinstant)

Second- Feel free to come to NYC, we will gladly treat you to coffee or a beer!

Third - Anything prior to this announcement Bitinstant has no control over GetBitcoins actions. Why are you blaming Bitinstant?
The reason we formed this strategic partnership is so we can help Tom grow his business and give customers the best experience possible.

I will make sure Thomas reads this thread and attends to your issue ASAP. I hope when its resolved you can come back end post a follow up

Thanks

Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Confounded Bridge

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 04:16:15 AM

I am long in the tooth and I learned a long time ago that pea's of a pod.....
Either that or i am completely mistaken and u just haven't done any homework at all.
I think at the very least they call that incompetent. Or worse yet u have done the
research and know that he is a: lying, cheating, regulation flaunting, thieving boob and don't care because u can make
a profit off the deal. So there is your answer. U all r all in the same boat as far as i am concerned.
So your like him either by malice of forethought or by incompetence.
Just for your edification i am not interested in you.

I recommended his company to 5 of my friends, who all got stiffed for over two months and are still being treated
to his abundance of fiscal kindness as we speak. If i remember correctly it was over 6k. Yea.

In layman's terms he is a douche.

I really can't fathom what in the world makes you clowns think that u have the ability to meander throughout
the world messing with whoever and actually think there is no justice in the universe.

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 04:40:59 AM

I have to wonder, how old are you really? Your lack of comprehension is hindering your ability to espouse fluently. If you cared to look, you would find that bitinstant et al are only providing a service to get-bitcoin/thomas, and aren't "in the same boat" at all.

Whatever failings that get-bitcoin and tom are having are not related to bitinstant's business, and therefore you have no right to attack bitinstant. And stop with the veiled threatening, it makes you look small.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
getbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 46

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2012, 03:59:09 AM

Hey everyone. To make it clear, we indeed experienced a serious problem with bounced checks last week. We notified our customers as soon as we knew that the checks were going to bounce, which was unfortunately some time after the account had already been frozen for unknown reasons (Chase froze the account without notifying us). We then found alternate ways of paying back all of the customers who had their checks bounced; at this point, almost all the funds have been returned. We are, of course, terribly sorry about this, and we have stopped doing business with Chase and with all big banks generally (their customer service sucks).

Since the problem was on our end, we refunded all of people's fees along with their order money, and we paid for the additional postage and such out-of-pocket. We are also happy to compensate people for bounced check fees, but (to my knowledge) no one has asked so far, although it's entirely possible I've missed something. To Confounded Bridge, and anyone else affected by this issue: if you experienced bounced check fees, contact us at admin@get-bitcoin.com with your order number, and we will refund them for you. (We have always been happy to do so, and I'll go over our support system again and see if there's anyone who did ask and was missed.)
Tuxavant

Activity: 784

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 09:30:06 PM

I think you're most qualified for the title douche at this point, Mr. "15 posts under your belt"... coming in here throwing the word fraud around. FUCK OFF...

Someone's going to build all this service around a brand like BitInstant and then ruin it all for your stupid fucking $40? Shut the fuck up. BitInstant turned my $500 into bitcoin in seconds with no problems and I'll soon be back for more.

Keep up the great work guys!

Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 09:35:37 PM

I am long in the tooth and I learned a long time ago that pea's of a pod.....
Either that or i am completely mistaken and u just haven't done any homework at all.
I think at the very least they call that incompetent. Or worse yet u have done the
research and know that he is a: lying, cheating, regulation flaunting, thieving boob and don't care because u can make
a profit off the deal. So there is your answer. U all r all in the same boat as far as i am concerned.
So your like him either by malice of forethought or by incompetence.
Just for your edification i am not interested in you.

I recommended his company to 5 of my friends, who all got stiffed for over two months and are still being treated
to his abundance of fiscal kindness as we speak. If i remember correctly it was over 6k. Yea.

I really can't fathom what in the world makes you clowns think that u have the ability to meander throughout
the world messing with whoever and actually think there is no justice in the universe.

Hi

I'd like to restate Charlie's response to you - we intend you no harm and are only here to help this community grow by offering a useful service and aim to do so in an honest and open way. Our customer support has a reputation for being responsive and helpful and we aim to look after our clients well.

Thomas (owner of getbitcoin) seems to also have similar goals as regards customer satisfaction and I see no evidence of him having any malicious intent towards anyone. The partnership we have setup is intended to make use of getbitcoin's brand value to bring the system we've developed at BitInstant to a wider audience, just like any business generally aims to. The benefits for end users in having transactions processed with our automated system should be obvious.

So I was quite surprised, to say the least, at the tone of your post here and asked Thomas how things turned out with your transaction. This was after Charlie drew his attention to this thread too.

His response was fascinating - there have been no emails to that admin address since the post where he provided it to you.

One must wonder therefore why you are attacking 2 businesses for a problem caused by neither (it's well-known that mainstream banks tend to shutdown bitcoin-related accounts a lot - and the best businesses take on the financial costs of such shutdowns on their customer's behalf, as Thomas has done for his customers). When you were offered a way to get your problem resolved you didn't make use of it.

Why is that? I'm honestly interested in why someone would not take an offer of help if they feel they and friends have been done wrong by a business and have lost money as a result.

If you have emailed of course, then please disregard the above and forward the email to myself at gareth@bitinstant.com with the subject "confounded bridge" and I will chase this up for you - support requests can get lost, that happens sometimes and i'll personally try and fix this one for you if that's what has happened here. If you never sent the email though then nobody can help you if you're not willing to take the help when it's offered
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: