Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:43:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC is better than Apple Pay?  (Read 3709 times)
bluemountain

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 10:54:37 PM

If you do not have credit card or money in the bank, BTC is better than Apple Pay.
If this situation applies to you then you will likely not have money to buy bitcoin in the first place. Generally speaking people without money in the bank have very little money/assets in the first place, and the marginal benefits of bitcoin would be very little to these people

EDIT: as mentioned above, it is a good point that if you do not have money in the bank you will likely not have the means to buy an iPhone in the first place

But one of the best things about Bitcoins is that you can work for them online, or sell things for them online. There is a a more clean-cut way of getting Bitcoins than trying to buy them straight out. My first Bitcoins (besides the minuscule amount of Satoshi from faucets) were from a graphic design job on here.
You can get and earn traditional fiat money just as easily online.
I found Bitcoins to be a lot easier to get then fiat money. Of course I needed internet first to find people who will pay in Bitcoins. But internet is a lot cheaper than an iPhone/service plan.
Apple pay is designed for people who have enough money for an iPhone and will likely be targeted to the more affluent crowd.
If someone doesn't want to use a credit card for personal reasons, or doesn't have money in the bank, but can work for Bitcoins, or sell products for Bitcoins, they are much easier to use.
Huh You are stating the obvious.
BTC is a currency, Apple Pay is a transaction processing system.They're incomparable.

Bitcoin is a transaction processing system (with its own currency). If you disagree, then please tell me the purpose of the block chain.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fred44

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:16:56 PM

Apple is my favorite brand, I can't believe my life without apple. So apple is best for me.
keackh

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 02:12:59 PM

The both are not comparable.
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1042
Merit: 1000

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 05:47:05 PM

I think Apple Pay (even though I use apple products) is just another corporate scheme to make money off peoples laziness or ignorance. Most likely the latter.

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 07:22:01 PM

If you do not have credit card or money in the bank, BTC is better than Apple Pay.
If this situation applies to you then you will likely not have money to buy bitcoin in the first place. Generally speaking people without money in the bank have very little money/assets in the first place, and the marginal benefits of bitcoin would be very little to these people

EDIT: as mentioned above, it is a good point that if you do not have money in the bank you will likely not have the means to buy an iPhone in the first place

But one of the best things about Bitcoins is that you can work for them online, or sell things for them online. There is a a more clean-cut way of getting Bitcoins than trying to buy them straight out. My first Bitcoins (besides the minuscule amount of Satoshi from faucets) were from a graphic design job on here.
You can get and earn traditional fiat money just as easily online.
I found Bitcoins to be a lot easier to get then fiat money. Of course I needed internet first to find people who will pay in Bitcoins. But internet is a lot cheaper than an iPhone/service plan.
Apple pay is designed for people who have enough money for an iPhone and will likely be targeted to the more affluent crowd.
If someone doesn't want to use a credit card for personal reasons, or doesn't have money in the bank, but can work for Bitcoins, or sell products for Bitcoins, they are much easier to use.
Huh You are stating the obvious.
BTC is a currency, Apple Pay is a transaction processing system.They're incomparable.

Bitcoin is a transaction processing system (with its own currency). If you disagree, then please tell me the purpose of the block chain.

I'm not sure why you're responding to me. I was posting to Eisenhower34, who said, "If this situation applies to you then you will likely not have money to buy bitcoin in the first place."

I was pointing out to them you don't need to buy Bitcoins to have them and use them.
dontCAREhair

Activity: 119

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 11:54:24 PM

I think Apple Pay (even though I use apple products) is just another corporate scheme to make money off peoples laziness or ignorance. Most likely the latter.
I would say that it is a way to get more people to upgrade to the iPhone 6 then what would otherwise upgrade. The fact that the iPhones are proving to last longer then apple anticipated, owners of the iPhone have little other reason to upgrade other then apple pay
halorose

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 03:44:47 AM

Bitcoin is a really new payment system,while the Applepay is the one built on the old payment.
bluemountain

Activity: 197

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:08:45 AM

Apple’s decision to get involved in the payment processing industry will certainly have repercussions for Bitcoin.Apple is beating bitcoin in terms of the customer experience. Its ecosystem is exceedingly user friendly and customer focused.
There are a lot of people who have a lot of problems with apple. The fact that apple is such a large company, there are a lot of opportunities to create negative customer experiences. This is not possible with the decentralized nature of bitcoin
yohanip

Activity: 118

A Programmer

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:34:41 AM

But i think, the ease to use them is the most crucial thing that BTC system still need to resolve.
don't mean to compare, but see the OS battle, every store owner still uses 'that' OS instead of that one which is open sourced and which should has better things.

My own experience, before i know how to use BTC, i need to know so much technical term (keys, wallet, blockchain, offline, cold storage, signing, address etc..) they are overwhelming at first, and may presents some 'obstacle'. Yes, there are services who make it easy for merchants to receive the bits, but i do hope that the store owners will not always directly exchange them to fiat currency
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: