Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:10:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115836 times)
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 03:34:28 PM

Maybe bleutrade.com would add this coin. They figured out how to add ethereum based coins.

It's amusing to me that every other coin on this forum gets added to exchanges within days, yet FACTOM who has raised plenty of funds doesn't seem to be making any effort at all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NarC

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

BitcoinStoreStarter.com

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 03:42:58 PM

Maybe bleutrade.com would add this coin. They figured out how to add ethereum based coins.

It's amusing to me that every other coin on this forum gets added to exchanges within days, yet FACTOM who has raised plenty of funds doesn't seem to be making any effort at all.

Not rushing is not the same as not making effort... look how far along ETH is years later. The scam/copy coins get listed in day. actual projects take time.

FACTOM (OP)

Activity: 251

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 03:47:58 PM

We have working code, up to exchanges to make it work on their platforms. The main aim of Factoids is to allow for entries on the blockchain.
The exchanges we are in touch with and we mentioned them previously: Cryptsy and ShapeShift, are working on it, they also have priorities of their own.
NextGenCrypto

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 03:50:27 PM

Not rushing is not the same as not making effort... look how far along ETH is years later. The scam/copy coins get listed in day. actual projects take time.

My point is more that there's apparently not a huge draw to FACTOM for exchanges to make it a priority.  That was not the case with ETH, once it was released, it was picked up by exchanges pretty quickly and they even implemented the ability to import keys.  I'm not seeing that here, I wish I were.

FACTOM (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 03:58:47 PM

Our TechUpdate is out: Latest Binaries v.0.3.2 + New HowTo Guides + Milestone 1 Report + More!

Check out our latest blog post: http://blog.factom.org/post/130272405004/technical-update-latest-binaries-v032

FACTOM (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 04:05:02 PM

My point is more that there's apparently not a huge draw to FACTOM for exchanges to make it a priority.  That was not the case with ETH, once it was released, it was picked up by exchanges pretty quickly and they even implemented the ability to import keys.  I'm not seeing that here, I wish I were.

We have had exchanges reach out to us... quite a few, and we hope that over time Factoids will be available on some of them.
We understand the community likes exchanging and trading coins, we don't disagree with that, however we also have our own priorities which are concentrated on development of our platform.
nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:19:48 PM

We have had exchanges reach out to us... quite a few, and we hope that over time Factoids will be available on some of them.
We understand the community likes exchanging and trading coins, we don't disagree with that, however we also have our own priorities which are concentrated on development of our platform.

so we can reach out for exchanges? I would contact  in this case busoni from poloniex. shapeshift is fine and cryptsy well... i think anyone serious in the altcoin market should reach out for poloniex.
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 09:39:28 PM

Poloniex is great for first mover advantage on listing technical coins, they were first to host Eth, XMR, XEM to name a few of the oddball codes theyve worked in. if people reach out they should be interested enough to incorporate Factom onto their trading platform.

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 10:01:18 PM

Poloniex is great for first mover advantage on listing technical coins, they were first to host Eth, XMR, XEM to name a few of the oddball codes theyve worked in. if people reach out they should be interested enough to incorporate Factom onto their trading platform.

I'm pretty sure shapeshift is a frond end for exchanges. So, if there aren't any exchanges supported the coin, they won't be able to implement it.
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 11:16:58 PM

Side note:
I took the command line for a ride in windows. pretty easy, i let it sync restarted and was able to import my 12 word passphrase from the crowdsale then list my balance correctly.
I also read Michael Perklin's review which has some examples on how things work well written and a breakdown for Milestone 1's 4 requirments that were fufilled therefore releasing 33% of the crowdsale funds to the factom dev team. http://factom.org/downloads/factomreview.pdf

As Michael was confused with makign sure to add fee when transacting his 1.0fct transaction shows 0.920008 where the fee would have been .079992fct is there a fee calculator available or is the fee a static 7.9992% Also I am assuming you dont need a bitcoin client running to use factom at this time.

*edit also the dev guide shows command line as
cd .factom\bin
i had to put in:
cd factom\.factom\bin
to run factom-cli

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 12:59:45 AM

There's something very strange going on with the exchanges here.  There is no reason for integrating Factoids to take so much longer than integrating other fresh code base "coins".
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:05:08 AM

A little bird told me that the first exchange will not be Cryptsy or Poloniex, instead it will be hosted on a brand new advanced digital currency trading platform Smiley

Gemini? lol

Gemini Exchange Moves Toward Launch With Twin NYDFS Approvals
FACTOM (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 10:26:25 AM

Exchanges that get requests from the community (some of them have even their request coin section) are more inclined to add a new coin, so please do submit requests to add Factoids to your favourite exchanges.
In the meantime the team will also reach out to some of the exchanges to request support for Factoids.
We hear you and act upon feedback. We can't guarantee we'll be on an exchange soon but we will try our best.

FACTOM (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 10:31:30 AM

Side note:
I took the command line for a ride in windows. pretty easy, i let it sync restarted and was able to import my 12 word passphrase from the crowdsale then list my balance correctly.
I also read Michael Perklin's review which has some examples on how things work well written and a breakdown for Milestone 1's 4 requirments that were fufilled therefore releasing 33% of the crowdsale funds to the factom dev team. http://factom.org/downloads/factomreview.pdf

As Michael was confused with makign sure to add fee when transacting his 1.0fct transaction shows 0.920008 where the fee would have been .079992fct is there a fee calculator available or is the fee a static 7.9992% Also I am assuming you dont need a bitcoin client running to use factom at this time.

*edit also the dev guide shows command line as
cd .factom\bin
i had to put in:
cd factom\.factom\bin
to run factom-cli

The fee is given when using the command:

Code:
factom-cli getfee

also when building a transaction if using:

Code:
factom-cli transactions

you will be able to see the fee due on the top side of the output.

Fees are not static

There are new guides at http://factom.org/howto, use these instead
harvsmith

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 11:36:30 AM

Exchanges that get requests from the community (some of them have even their request coin section) are more inclined to add a new coin, so please do submit requests to add Factoids to your favourite exchanges.
In the meantime the team will also reach out to some of the exchanges to request support for Factoids.
We hear you and act upon feedback. We can't guarantee we'll be on an exchange soon but we will try our best.

Why is everyone so eager for exchanges? Preparing to dump? If you believe in factom, patience is no problem. The more good news that stacks up before release into the wild, the better. After a few large companies implement or even experiment with factom recordkeeping, the value will be incrementally higher. KPMG and Deloitte will be buying rather than noobie cryptogamblers. Who would you rather sell your factoids to?
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 12:46:31 PM

I've just read the FAQ section on the website and I must say you've done it right. cheers  Wink
dcxtx

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 02:29:53 PM

There's something very strange going on with the exchanges here.  There is no reason for integrating Factoids to take so much longer than integrating other fresh code base "coins".

Nothing strange.  The last release exposes more granular transaction data through the API calls.  As someone that has integrated factoid already, this update is very appreciated.  It also makes integration easier.  That may be the holdup.  We do not have to handle 1000 users at any given time so we can make allowances.  Exchanges may may be waiting on the data that is now easily available.

If you are looking to acquire some factoid before they make it to the exchanges, PM me.  We have a service that does that.

We buy and sell Factoids.
Also BTC, DOGE, DRK/DASH, FTC, LTC, NAV, NMC, NVC, NXT and PPC
NextGenCrypto

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 02:36:26 PM

Why is everyone so eager for exchanges? Preparing to dump? If you believe in factom, patience is no problem. The more good news that stacks up before release into the wild, the better. After a few large companies implement or even experiment with factom recordkeeping, the value will be incrementally higher. KPMG and Deloitte will be buying rather than noobie cryptogamblers. Who would you rather sell your factoids to?

Or, it could end up exactly like ETH...

Personally, I'd rather be able to trade my coins based on news, whether bad or good, than have them sitting with no use.

harvsmith

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 04:10:57 PM

Nothing strange.  The last release exposes more granular transaction data through the API calls.  As someone that has integrated factoid already, this update is very appreciated.  It also makes integration easier.  That may be the holdup.  We do not have to handle 1000 users at any given time so we can make allowances.  Exchanges may may be waiting on the data that is now easily available.

If you are looking to acquire some factoid before they make it to the exchanges, PM me.  We have a service that does that.

10x spread on your "exchange"?
dcxtx

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 04:32:51 PM

10x spread on your "exchange"?

We are not an exchange.  To me an exchange is a public order book or a dollar to bitcoin service.  We have a two party trade between our user and us.  That is not a public price spread.  That is our price spread.  The reason there is such a spread is that we have a bunch at the moment so we are not as motivated to buy as we were last week when our buy price was as high as 0.003.  We do not expect someone to sell at 0.0005.  That is less than the crowdsale price.  When we sell some Factoid, our buy and sell price will go up.  But, if someone does want to unload at 0.0005 we are certainly willing to buy them.

Exchange used to be in our name.  We changed it to Services to avoid that confusion.  Plus, we are aiming to be someone that helps people bring their projects to the market.  Building our site we have spent a lot of time talking to regulators (mostly state level in US) , integrating with exchanges for price discovery, wallet automation and (formal or informal) input on projects going on in the area.  Services fits our mission better now.

We buy and sell Factoids.
Also BTC, DOGE, DRK/DASH, FTC, LTC, NAV, NMC, NVC, NXT and PPC
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: