Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:26:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115838 times)
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 01:28:12 AM

Great update from Factom:

https://www.factom.com/500000th-factom-entry-latest-news/

“It is gratifying to see that Factom can indeed deal with the hyperbolic growth we’ve seen in the number of entries. We expect Factom usage to increase going forward at an even higher pace.” – D. Robert Baker

The very last video on the page is a VERY good watch (fast forward to Johnson's part).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
loveyouforever

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 02:17:04 AM

I want to transfer some domains, PM me if you are interesting:

skycoin.cc
factom.cc
diamonds.ren
cryptocurrency.top
cryptocurrency.pub
cryptocurrencynews.cc
altcoin.cc
CocoLibre

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 02:22:37 AM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RUZLxxoAfT3C5jIJ144DLYdztYe_sqrKqbTlZuD05-s/edit#gid=445871101

Usage looks great, I would expect to see a big pickup post milestone 2 heading into spring/summer.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 06:31:31 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2016, 07:05:04 AM by crazyivan

Dear Factom team,

this is how real dev teams keep their holders/users/investors informed.

http://www.coindesk.com/vitalik-buterin-previews-ethereums-path-forward-at-coinbase-hq/

The saddest part is that I was thinking whether to invest in Factom or Ether about 3 months ago. I chose Factom. With this kind of treatment of Factom community by the dev team, it seems I made a BIG, HUGE mistake.

Please stop embarrassing yourself, this community looks funny with such childish posts.
Nobody owes you anything, especially for your eventual investment mistakes.

You know, u re right. Completely right.

Let us all hold hands and sing kumbaya. Let see if things work your way.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 07:13:18 AM

Dear Factom team,

this is how real dev teams keep their holders/users/investors informed.

http://www.coindesk.com/vitalik-buterin-previews-ethereums-path-forward-at-coinbase-hq/

The saddest part is that I was thinking whether to invest in Factom or Ether about 3 months ago. I chose Factom. With this kind of treatment of Factom community by the dev team, it seems I made a BIG, HUGE mistake.

Please stop embarrassing yourself, this community looks funny with such childish posts.
Nobody owes you anything, especially for your eventual investment mistakes.

My point was not to explain to you my investment mistakes. They re mine and only mine.

My point is to create correlation between coin success and successful marketing and correlation with its community, something Factom team does not give a shit ATM cause they only care about potential users of Entry Credits.

However, this is something you re too dumb to understand since you put me at the centre of this disussion. FFS, there was no meaningful update on the Factom blog or any solid update about Milestone 2 for months while Ether does it on biweekly basis. Are you fucking blind not to see this?

There is no lack of marketing! I'll tell you my personal view: My only critique is the wallet because it doesn't work for me, but I have no doubt that there will be a better one in the future. Everything else I see as nearly perfect and I see Factom as better and with more potential than ETH. Or more precise: ETH seems unpredictable for me regarding real fundamentals while Factom seems rock-solid regarding it's future. In ETH it's at least for me never sure what is real quality and what's just hype - and there is a lot of Hype. I'm very carefully if I see a team to interested in the price and that's my impression in ETH. In Factom they do what they have to do. You can see that in the Github, but also regarding public relation they do a lot. Just a little overview about the last 2 weeks:

A Conversation with Factom CEO Peter Kirby and Ancun Zhengxin CTO HaiHua Shen [Audio + Transcription]
https://coinreport.net/conversation-factom-ceo-peter-kirby-ancun-zhengxin-cto-haihua-shen/

David Johnson at the Tatiana Show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnRVFsyansc&feature=youtu.be&t=33m16s

Paul Snow Testifying before Congress
https://coinreport.net/conversation-factom-ceo-peter-kirby-ancun-zhengxin-cto-haihua-shen/

The revolution will be Factomized - San Francisco Bitcoin Meetup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCH4VVxBYQg&feature=youtu.be

The Crypto Show with Peter Todd, Paul Snow and Jessica Solce
https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/the-crypto-show-with-peter-todd-paul-snow-and-jessica-solce

Latest Blogpost (from yesterday!): 500,000th Factom Entry + Latest News
https://www.factom.com/500000th-factom-entry-latest-news/

And that's not even everything. Because there were some other articles about Factom and that's just what we see. Just take a look here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/

As you can see: They do a lot of marketing, but they won't do direct marketing for Factoids and it's price.

And regarding Milestone 2: It needs to be stable and if it should need more time everybody should be fine with that. I've followed a lot of teams and I can't remember that I saw a solid release without delay and I often saw complaining about delays because of a too optimistic team that gave a fix date.

In general should be considered, that they won't care about anything they recognize as "price-complaining". And you can ask yourself if you would speak of a lack of marketing if the last bubble wouldn't have been burst. The price needed to go down, because there was no real reason for the rise, just a lot of margin trading. And without real use of the system it's all just speculation. But if they are successful in doing what they do, this will be one of a very view projects with real use and really solid fundamentals and that will be visible in the price. And there are a lot of signs that Factom will have stable "real-world-use" before Ethereum.
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 08:45:28 AM

Well, I can only hope you re right.

Dont get me wrong, I m not trying to hurt Factom in any, even slightest way. After all, I m a holder too. I m just not happy with the fact everything is oriented towards Entry Credit users and not current Factoid holders who are also integral part of the community as well. However, I do understand I ve been criticizing too much the entire project which might be counter productive in a certain way so I ll tone down.

Objection noted, thx.

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Dont get me wrong, I m not trying to hurt Factom in any, even slightest way. After all, I m a holder too. I m just not happy with the fact everything is oriented towards Entry Credit users and not current Factoid holders who are also integral part of the community as well. However, I do understand I ve been criticizing too much the entire project which might be counter productive in a certain way so I ll tone down.

Objection noted, thx.

The focus on use cases, users, business deals and entry credits is the best what they can do for their Investors. It wouldn't make sense to make marketing for Factom like we know it from Cryptocurrency-projects like Dash or other Coins. This is more a business-project which also means that there is a lot going on behind the curtain. If I should make a guess: > 70 % of what's going on regarding marketing, talking with companies, potential deals, we don't know because they can't talk about it. But the last months show: They are hard-working and they have results other projects would kill for. ;-)

whiteorg72

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 06:53:22 PM

How To Guides Factom new link - https://www.factom.com/howto/
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 07:07:37 PM

Objection noted, thx.

The focus on use cases, users, business deals and entry credits is the best what they can do for their Investors. It wouldn't make sense to make marketing for Factom like we know it from Cryptocurrency-projects like Dash or other Coins. This is more a business-project which also means that there is a lot going on behind the curtain. If I should make a guess: > 70 % of what's going on regarding marketing, talking with companies, potential deals, we don't know because they can't talk about it. But the last months show: They are hard-working and they have results other projects would kill for. ;-)

Still, a working wallet would be nice.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 08:13:49 PM

Objection noted, thx.

I understand - HODLing is sometimes frustrating, especially when your HODL seems to go nowhere but down while other alts are rocketing up. FOMO lives. Undecided

If it's a help, you can use a psychological technique called "compartmentalizing." When applied to speculation, compartmentalizing consists of kidding yourself into taking your HODL "off the table." In my case, this involves excluding the HODL crypto from my mental tallies of how much Bitcoin my alts are worth. This way is the brute-force kind of compartmentalizing.

Another way is to mentally tally the value of your HODLings but treat the sum as a "gee, wow" total: like the answer to a trivia question. In my case, I's HODLing 3'000 Factoids. Every now and then, I look at the price - ~0.0045 as I write; it's been pretty stable recently - and multiply. At this estimate, I have ~13.5 Bitcoins' worth. Gee, wow; that's interesting. And now, back to my day. Wink

Once you develop compartmentalizing into a habit, you learn how to detach your emotions from the ups and downs. It works like the art of teaching yourself not to take criticism of you as if it were a personal attack. You stay calm, and you actually think more clearly. With respect to the progress of Factom, you can "watch the calendar, not the clock" without getting frazzled.

It's not an easy habit to acquire, but it works. It works best with a speculation (like Factom) which has already built a brand and is way in front of the competition. As long as that "moat" holds up, time really is on our side. 

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 08:15:45 PM

Hi,

I am new to factom, I have been reading a bit and it seems quite interesting.

I will read more when I can, but please can you tell me what is your biggest project that you are involved at the moment, who is your biggest partner and when and where will be your next conference ? Why was the reason for factom to double in price recently?

Thanks, I am  trying to catch up what is going on with this project

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
bandofgypsys

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 09:52:09 PM

Hi,

I will read more when I can, but please can you tell me what is your biggest project that you are involved at the moment, who is your biggest partner and when and where will be your next conference ? Why was the reason for factom to double in price recently?

You will have to read up... they don't really provide use cases or divulge any kind of numbers as to potential. It would be nice, if factom holders were treated as investors; where we could have some metrics to determine potential EC value vs a vs FCT.

I understand they are under NDA'S.  So it's a hold and see coin at this juncture.
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 12:54:30 AM

Hi,

You will have to read up... they don't really provide use cases or divulge any kind of numbers as to potential. It would be nice, if factom holders were treated as investors; where we could have some metrics to determine potential EC value vs a vs FCT.

I understand they are under NDA'S.  So it's a hold and see coin at this juncture.

They've provided all kinds of use cases, such as health records, land titles, banking, etc... I think what you mean to say is that the Factom team isn't divulging what corporations, institutions and governments they're currently in negotiation with. Last time they spoke "too soon" about such things (Honduras), everyone gave them a hard time, so that's kind of the community's fault.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 10:13:33 AM

Hi,

Some of your questions you find answered in this doc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RUZLxxoAfT3C5jIJ144DLYdztYe_sqrKqbTlZuD05-s/edit#gid=445871101

It shows User Statistics, and I was really surprised how much Factom is already used - and obviously increasing:

The reason for the latest price-bubble was just more attention because there was this info in one article:

"Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin’s fund Fenbushi was an early investor in Factom.“
http://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/interview/factom-ceo-blockchain-based-transparent-mortgages-can-restore-trust-in-markets/

That brought more attention from the ETH-community on Factom.

crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 06:19:11 AM

Hm......Polo sell order seems pretty dry. I think the price s going to jump soon again.

Fern

Activity: 247

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 07:51:04 AM

Very happy with Factom. Solid team, has clients, can scale, nearly unlimited potential, no hype/BS and not entirely dependent on success of Bitcoin.

10c to nearly $3 in under 3  months - that's no reason to complain. Be patient
Kartaba

Activity: 276

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:12:17 AM

BTW guys i found a wallet that stores FCT, it's called Uberpay. I have my FCTs stored offline myself, so i have no idea how Uberpay works or how safe it is, but maybe it's something to look at if the Factom wallet is not working for you. It's probably safer then keeping your FCT's on an exchange..
Happy Easter!
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 04:48:42 PM

Hm......Polo sell order seems pretty dry. I think the price s going to jump soon again.

Not yet. There's a close-to-general pullback right now. Polo's change column is a virtual sea of red.  Undecided

But markets go down and markets go up. The altcoin bull market's just taking a breather.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 05:16:12 PM

And yet another really red day for factom I will buy all your coins at sub 100k
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 05:18:57 PM

And yet another really red day for factom I will buy all your coins at sub 100k

It's not really a red day for Factom. Bitcoin is rising, so others are falling. Take a look at ETH or even DGB. A lot of overreaction because of the Bitcoin-awakening.
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: