Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:31:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 [464] 465 466 467 468 469 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115841 times)
atree

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:10:03 PM

From a technical point of view,How does FACTOM solve the problem of Blockchain bloat?

being slightly sarcastic here but how does factom solve the problem of my investment going to pants  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atree

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 02:07:51 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2018, 03:04:36 PM by atree

After my cynical view and sarcasm from the world of factom , on a serious note comes this https://speakingofcrypto.com/2018/06/29/014/ After reading up more on the dept of homeland security investment and interest in factom and listening to bits on data security and the money factom can save business , etc etc , i am very very surprised that factom is not way above its current value , and im talking about hundreds of dollars above , i have a feeling the dam will collapse and the "moon shot" will arrive soon , factom is too good to be valued at this level.
I have seen what Tim Draper has had to say ""FACTOM has the potential to be bigger than IBM, Oracle & Palantir COMBINED" that is quite a bold statement to make and i will take his words seriously , why not , if anyone knows it is likely him, after all he has made his fortune looking ahead.
In summary factoms dots are all joining up , ill see you all back here when things get crazy and jaws drop at the success that factom will become in the very near future , im being positive and after reading and listening more to those who are deeply involved in factom , i cant see any other way but up .

currently position 112 on coinmarketcap with a cap of $52,629,174 i look at this and shake my head with a "no way" thought meaning i just get the feeling that this asset factom is undervalued by a ridiculous level.

As with all things , time will tell the story .

hawsetiny

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:17:46 AM

I believe Factom is a rare commodity in the global economy today. They use heavy regulations to try and minimize the failures, and the large insurance system to open on the failures but no less common. I think we think about the benefits if you can also use blockchain for security and data verification common purpose.
atree

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 12:20:04 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2018, 01:51:35 PM by atree

In the united kingdom we are facing brexit , a split from the european union , apparently this means a massive bunch of record keeping cross borders , they reckon it could mean an increase of 500% , thats a lot of extra paperwork and admin , and it all needs to be audited and kept safely , errors in this could cost a massive amount of money if they dont get it right, Factom could be the best way to cope with this .
 (just my thoughts)

I am also thinking that if Factom blockchain tech proves itself ( it likely already has ) then adoption may be very fast.

Factom Blockchain Project Wins Grant to Protect US Border Patrol Data

https://www.coindesk.com/factom-blockchain-project-wins-grant-to-protect-us-border-patrol-data/

Business like to save money and make money , Factom gives this opportunity, win win for business and organisations alike.

onwards and upwards Factom

( Tim Draper , i hope your right )  Grin

broadhurst

Activity: 159
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:04:53 PM

In the united kingdom we are facing brexit , a split from the european union , apparently this means a massive bunch of record keeping cross borders , they reckon it could mean an increase of 500% , thats a lot of extra paperwork and admin , and it all needs to be audited and kept safely , errors in this could cost a massive amount of money if they dont get it right, Factom could be the best way to cope with this .
 (just my thoughts)

I am also thinking that if Factom blockchain tech proves itself ( it likely already has ) then adoption may be very fast.

Factom Blockchain Project Wins Grant to Protect US Border Patrol Data

https://www.coindesk.com/factom-blockchain-project-wins-grant-to-protect-us-border-patrol-data/

Business like to save money and make money , Factom gives this opportunity, win win for business and organisations alike.

onwards and upwards Factom

( Tim Draper , i hope your right )  Grin

Once again Factom drops 17% when ever it gets the opportunity - so called "good news" in a bear market means nothing and has zero effect.
The market is not stupid, there is something not quite right about Factom - it promises more than it can deliver.

Get rid of those fucking "capchas" why do I have to click endless fucking street signs/cars/storefronts/buses/trafficl ights/crossings - GTFOH

broadhurst

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:13:49 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2018, 06:28:43 AM by broadhurst

After my cynical view and sarcasm from the world of factom , on a serious note comes this https://speakingofcrypto.com/2018/06/29/014/ After reading up more on the dept of homeland security investment and interest in factom and listening to bits on data security and the money factom can save business , etc etc , i am very very surprised that factom is not way above its current value , and im talking about hundreds of dollars above , i have a feeling the dam will collapse and the "moon shot" will arrive soon , factom is too good to be valued at this level.
I have seen what Tim Draper has had to say ""FACTOM has the potential to be bigger than IBM, Oracle & Palantir COMBINED" that is quite a bold statement to make and i will take his words seriously , why not , if anyone knows it is likely him, after all he has made his fortune looking ahead.
In summary factoms dots are all joining up , ill see you all back here when things get crazy and jaws drop at the success that factom will become in the very near future , im being positive and after reading and listening more to those who are deeply involved in factom , i cant see any other way but up .

currently position 112 on coinmarketcap with a cap of $52,629,174 i look at this and shake my head with a "no way" thought meaning i just get the feeling that this asset factom is undervalued by a ridiculous level.

As with all things , time will tell the story .

Whales like Tim Draper will say anything to pump the vast bags they are holding - he is probably selling as we speak causing Factom to do it's predictable habit of being one of the biggest losers of this current bloodbath @-25%
GlobalProtection

Activity: 552
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:15:18 PM

"FCT is converted to ECs (entry credits) at 1 tenth of 1 cent (usd). An entry credit is used to secure a hash of your document into the chain. You can't use the chain without them.

There is no total cap but FCT are burned in the process of conversion. Federated Servers are responsible for replacing them. That is their remuneration process.

There will be an exponential curve in the usage of EC's imo as more and more companies start to use it. Keep an eye on that as the best indicator of supply demand. Any jump is EC usage will translate to a price increase. I could almost set that statement in stone."

https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/5muapz/how_much_will_be_the_total_supply_how_to_store/

If both the legal big tech criminals and legal government criminals can see your data, so can the illegal criminals.  Swiss based online privacy and data protection is the solution.

Use coupon code:  "Digital Swiss Safe" to obtain 10% off of the Swiss Crypto Safe price here > https://www.securesafe.com/en/faq/
broadhurst

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:59:32 AM

With Factom it is always "There is something about to happen, or "They have solutions to real world problems"  been listening to that hype for too long and I have come to the conclusion that Factom is vapourware - it has the appearance of substance but in reality evaporates into nothingness

finally someone gets it

God its not just vaporware it gets used in the real world:

This baoquan.com company used factom to secure rights ownership
https://www.coindesk.com/blockchain-can-legally-authenticate-evidence-chinese-judge-rules/

DHS using Factom
https://www.dhs.gov/science-and-technology/news/2018/06/15/news-release-dhs-awards-austin-based-factom-inc-192k

Scanned documents being anchored
https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/8w17nx/sphereon_brings_blockchainanchored_proof_of/

You both just don't get it, all you look at is the price, if factom were up 100% and in the top 10 on CMC you would be in here praising it like its the second coming of Jesus. If you are going to call factom vaporware you better be ready to call almost all other altcoins vaporware.

Yes, I would be prepared to call 95% of altcoins vaporware - getting back to the price, there do not seem to be enough Factom hodlers who believe in it to support it's price at a reasonable level - I actually bought Factom at around the $2 range so I am not a here today gone tomorrow cry baby, however I do not want to hold onto a coin that does not seem to have much grass roots support.

Grass roots support?! Did you not click on any of the links I gave you? Do you even follow the reddit and what the ANOs are doing?Huh
Congratulations Factom, I knew you could get below $5 , now let's try and break that $4 support level

monarx911@i.ua

Activity: 728
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 06:09:36 PM

Hi guys, just been looking at the FCT chart, it's at a pretty good buy point right now, anything coming up apart from the hackathon? Updates etc?
Yes, I agree with you I fill my suitcases for all the free money I did not expect to buy at this price but now do not miss this opportunity
sutefyzz

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:33:38 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2018, 01:01:53 AM by sutefyzz

The reason why a project THIS good with sooo much potential and so much good tech and advancement keeps falling in price is easy.

they don`t do marketing or anything to drive hype at alll....its coool being a tech guru and all but by ommiting the other fraction you`ll sink any boat..

They can have the best project in the world...if they stay in their garage and dont start to scream to evrybody out there that they EXIST and that they are BETTER.... the price will forever slowly fall down ....

its sad  because factom is such a project...so good and yet spitting on an OP marketing strategy brcause they beleive that adoption will come from itself if they are good enought..... maybe ...maybe...but this will take a big amount of time a.k.a lots of years... and a big amount of time like this don`t have its place in a fast growing market like that...

we will see a pump for sure...but to where to? idk... its not with their current lets stay forever quiet  on marketing and hackaton and do conference (a.k.a mostly S*** and never had any effect on a projet yet except some recognition) that they will acheive their masterpeice...

You can`t do nothing MEANINFULL for INVESTORS without marketing in the crypto sphere because the adoption is still a 5 year to a decade away for most of those project...

And i mean marketing to drive investor to want to have your asset and hold it.... so far the only reason i would want fct is if i had a compagny wich would need data security and that FCT was the only way to... because they clearly dont have any MARKET drive at the moment.... i mean they are a the same point than the begining and they had for 300k in volume for over TWO year each day! and some day much much more! we speak about million and million in volume some of those days... i even saw 8000 btc one day in the peak on a single exchange.... and its like of there wasn`t any single ENERGY left from ALL This trade

THIS (the no energy left after we rinsed at leats 100 time our starting market cap).....should be a MASSIVE red flag for them for a wake up call in marketing ...but every times a fool like me do a post like that it goes under the bridge and i get response like ...just wait you`ll see...and then the next year the crypto almost completly collasped (i know we are in a bear run but divider by 20 (fct) to 80 (GAME) is NOT NORMAL).... ask BCY ask SYNX ask VOX aks GAME ....and those are only the project i can think quickly of... they where all in the top contender at some point but nowhere today with 0.1 to 1 btc in volume per day... thats what a no marketing give no matter the idea no matter the tech....

PPL just dont come ring at your bell to and makes you popular.... its because you are popûlar that ppl come ring to your bell

I hope this have put some fire in the belly of some dev at FACTOM ...after all... you are still a MARGIN crypto and  should at leats try to make like the compagny is working enough toward popularity and QUICK adoption TO BORROW MORE than what I have TO BUY your FCT and risk liquidation Wink.

i bet the over massive drop in fct have broken many long and you have lost all this potential (i mean a long starting at 150k was very technycally  bright lol...just imagine those who started at 250k wich is still a good point...now image all the other and imagine all this energy
lost forever for your FACTOM team...

no wonder ppl are feeling uneasy about FCT at the moment...and no i`m not one of them... i just love fct but hate how much i never HEARD about it or saw any REAL marketing move in the two last year and how the price is ABSOLUTE NON SENSE and that we dont SEE any struggle or move by the team to try to patch this up LIKE if everything was fine and that being back to sqaure 1 dosen`t matter to us YOUR investor that made you WHAT you are today....

Sorry english is not my first language as you could have guessed

P.S before i got any reply of the type... yeah but its still higher in usd.... Let me make you learn a little something Smiley

when i invest at NYSE with MY FIAT..i expect to do a FIAT GAIN, i am farming economically FIAT money cool !...

Does factom have any place or any way to be bought with usd ? NO!

I invested BTC, i expect to do a BTC GAIN, i am farming economically CRYPTO (BTC).

its BTC i want i dont care about the USD price ...you don`t have a gateway to that!! I sincerly Hope you dont expect ppl to buy BTC with THEIR fiat just to buy your FCT to farm FIAT.... if i would have want to farm FIAT i would have bought and STAYED with crpyto PAIRED with FIAT so that i can FARM FIAT a.k.a kept my btc...

I expected more BTC and let me decide what the Heck i want to do with them or mostly WHEN i want to do something with them....the USD is still up song is like you are saying to me you have decide the usage of MY btc i gave you AND also at what price you impose me to sell it...

Until you have a gateway to fiat... all you INVESTOR ARE EXPECTING MORE BTC...or at leats those who are not complete newbies 6-18 month old trader....

Lets us decide WHEN AND WHAT and WHICH PRICE we want to get rid of our BTC ...until then we give you BTC to FARM THEM... not to compare them to fiat 1 year later to put some balm on how much we got raped Wink

This p.s. is not directed toward FCT directly btw...
atree

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:47:44 AM

ive tried to be positive about factom over the last year , remain upbeat i told myself , even writing in here and being positive
This price is a joke , whatever factom ........... blah blah blah
broadhurst

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:59:28 AM

With Factom it is always "There is something about to happen, or "They have solutions to real world problems"  been listening to that hype for too long and I have come to the conclusion that Factom is vapourware - it has the appearance of substance but in reality evaporates into nothingness

finally someone gets it

https://www.coindesk.com/blockchain-can-legally-authenticate-evidence-chinese-judge-rules/

DHS using Factom
https://www.dhs.gov/science-and-technology/news/2018/06/15/news-release-dhs-awards-austin-based-factom-inc-192k

https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/8w17nx/sphereon_brings_blockchainanchored_proof_of/

You both just don't get it, all you look at is the price, if factom were up 100% and in the top 10 on CMC you would be in here praising it like its the second coming of Jesus. If you are going to call factom vaporware you better be ready to call almost all other altcoins vaporware.

Yes, I would be prepared to call 95% of altcoins vaporware - getting back to the price, there do not seem to be enough Factom hodlers who believe in it to support it's price at a reasonable level - I actually bought Factom at around the $2 range so I am not a here today gone tomorrow cry baby, however I do not want to hold onto a coin that does not seem to have much grass roots support.

Grass roots support?! Did you not click on any of the links I gave you? Do you even follow the reddit and what the ANOs are doing?Huh
Congratulations Factom, I knew you could get below $5 , now let's try and break that $4 support level

I do not need to be spoon fed links to convince me that Factom has grass roots support .. The position of Factom in the market tells me everything I need to know about it's support .. there isn't any .. Factom has no respect for It's investors, how long did it take them to provide a GUI wallet for the average Joe to use, their attitude was like 'if you cannot do command line then Factom is not for you... there attitude stinks and thank God Factom was only a side bet for me and did not waste much precious BTC in the  'real world application' mantra.. I feel sorry for anyone heavily invested in this smoke and mirrors project
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:40:48 AM

finally someone gets it

DHS using Factom

I do not need to be spoon fed links to convince me that Factom has grass roots support .. The position of Factom in the market tells me everything I need to know about it's support .. there isn't any .. Factom has no respect for It's investors, how long did it take them to provide a GUI wallet for the average Joe to use, their attitude was like 'if you cannot do command line then Factom is not for you... there attitude stinks and thank God Factom was only a side bet for me and did not waste much precious BTC in the  'real world application' mantra.. I feel sorry for anyone heavily invested in this smoke and mirrors project

Factom has a GUI since December 2015 as far as I remember. And to measure the quality of a project based on it's token-price doesn't make much sense in such a volatile market. On it's highs there have been projects that don't even exist but started with marketcaps of hundreds of millions.

One thing is for sure: You won't find many teams that work harder than the Factom-guys. Just check this - just the activity of the last 24 hours:

1) https://github.com/FactomProject/
2) https://www.factom.com/blog/august-2018-factom-protocol
3) https://twitter.com/DChapmanCrypto/status/1039328050893279232
4) https://twitter.com/factom/status/1039228464719691776

If you don't see that because prices are down, find a token that you can buy while it's price is high.

what is happening

Activity: 186
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:04:57 AM

why is this collapsing project?
monarx911@i.ua

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:08:40 PM

I think it's just that people open a lot of short positions and this presses on the price, it's only a matter of time when the trend will change the fact will very quickly win back its positions
monarx911@i.ua

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:11:10 PM

With Factom it is always "There is something about to happen, or "They have solutions to real world problems"  been listening to that hype for too long and I have come to the conclusion that Factom is vapourware - it has the appearance of substance but in reality evaporates into nothingness

finally someone gets it

DHS using Factom

Factom has a GUI since December 2015 as far as I remember. And to measure the quality of a project based on it's token-price doesn't make much sense in such a volatile market. On it's highs there have been projects that don't even exist but started with marketcaps of hundreds of millions.

One thing is for sure: You won't find many teams that work harder than the Factom-guys. Just check this - just the activity of the last 24 hours:

If you don't see that because prices are down, find a token that you can buy while it's price is high.

I agree with you that such teams can be counted on the fingers, they are working on the product and are not engaged in their own enrichment
broadhurst

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:43:06 PM

With Factom it is always "There is something about to happen, or "They have solutions to real world problems"  been listening to that hype for too long and I have come to the conclusion that Factom is vapourware - it has the appearance of substance but in reality evaporates into nothingness

finally someone gets it

DHS using Factom

I agree with you that such teams can be counted on the fingers, they are working on the product and are not engaged in their own enrichment
I bought Factom @ $2 and that was high enough - We will come back to this conversation in a years time and my bet is that a stupid coin like 'Dentacoin'  will be bigger than Factom.. I hope I am wrong but will not be surprised if i am not
sl-avik

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:26:17 PM

and what news? I read twitter and what interesting here?
monarx911@i.ua

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:31:00 PM

and what news? I read twitter and what interesting here?
Toyota interviewed 100+ startups and narrowed the selection down to 9 that were invited to present. We were the only #blockchain company!
you do not find it interesting that such companies show interest in the blockchain
sl-avik

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:36:43 PM

hm, may be it good
Pages: « 1 ... 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 [464] 465 466 467 468 469 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: