Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:28:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339387 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:14:02 PM

sureeee  Cheesy. Aren't you the guy who said Bitbay is overpriced?  Grin

Yes. I am that guy.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 02:19:40 PM

Except in this case, the dev would have over 50% of the total coin supply which was gotten for free...which could be dumped at ANY price for profit.

C'mon guys. Risk Management. Trading 101.

Its
.....least you have an open-mind and are considering the possibility compared to  the rest of the people here.

I would hope that the "rest of the people here" considered the possibility before they bought in and decided it was a reasonable risk.  I've been investing for 30 years in various venues and crypto is no exception. Some of you have said there is no protection in alt coins and, I agree but, there is really no protection in ANY investment, it's all an illusion. When Mr Madoff "made off" with all those billions for all those years, do you really think the investors, read "victims" actually got their money back? Dream on. When the banks here failed, did we get our money back? You will answer "yes, the gov't paid depositors who lost funds but, you would be wrong in the long run. The money the gov't repaid through the FDIC was taken from the system>economy>federal funds>taxes>people so, it was just repurposed and moved around, we paid ourselves.

The point being, there is no guarantee in life other than death. Until then, you do what makes you happy. If trying to save the world makes you happy, go for it. If trying to scare people and devalue a viable business venture makes you happy, well I suppose that's your problem but, those of us who have done our due diligence, as well as possible here in this make believe world, we will simply move on.

One more thing, I have never and will never P&D a coin but, why people demonize those that do is somewhat beyond me. There are many ways to make money in investing but, the bottom line, the truth, the reason for it all is simply: buy low > sell high > repeat. As long as you don't break any laws doing this, all is fair. It's up to the markets to decide the future of a currency, stock, alt coin, whatever. The market, remember that...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:26:21 PM

Except in this case, the dev would have over 50% of the total coin supply which was gotten for free...which could be dumped at ANY price for profit.

C'mon guys. Risk Management. Trading 101.

Its
.....least you have an open-mind and are considering the possibility compared to  the rest of the people here.

I would hope that the "rest of the people here" considered the possibility before they bought in and decided it was a reasonable risk.  I've been investing for 30 years in various venues and crypto is no exception. Some of you have said there is no protection in alt coins and, I agree but, there is really no protection in ANY investment, it's all an illusion. When Mr Madoff "made off" with all those billions for all those years, do you really think the investors, read "victims" actually got their money back? Dream on. When the banks here failed, did we get our money back? You will answer "yes, the gov't paid depositors who lost funds but, you would be wrong in the long run. The money the gov't repaid through the FDIC was taken from the system>economy>federal funds>taxes>people so, it was just repurposed and moved around, we paid ourselves.

The point being, there is no guarantee in life other than death. Until then, you do what makes you happy. If trying to save the world makes you happy, go for it. If trying to scare people and devalue a viable business venture makes you happy, well I suppose that's your problem but, those of us who have done our due diligence, as well as possible here in this make believe world, we will simply move on.

One more thing, I have never and will never P&D a coin but, why people demonize those that do is somewhat beyond me. There are many ways to make money in investing but, the bottom line, the truth, the reason for it all is simply: buy low > sell high > repeat. As long as you don't break any laws doing this, all is fair. It's up to the markets to decide the future of a currency, stock, alt coin, whatever. The market, remember that...

Thanks for the insight and hopefully more people realize the true potential of the coin, the impact it will have and the dev's work/plans behind it.  Hopefully folks don't fall for the FUD and sell at a stupid price to jump to some other coin which is probably smoke & mirrors. 

To the FUD inducers, funny how you shoot down every coin out there - why are you even in this market if you think everything is BS?  Then just don't invest, or let alone stick around.  (And please don't give me the "oh we're just trying to save people from losing money" line cause we all know that's BS as well). 

Bay is going places, I'll be damned if I miss out on this one.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:27:27 PM

if you do not come with specific proof, it would seem are clearly trying fud this coin

Do you see this ?

This is a good example of investor missplaced priorities.

You spend more time holding critics to account that the stakeholders of the project you're actually invested in. Look back through the history of Bitcointalk for the last 18 months. It's littered with this type of thing. It's always the same people who are hypers at the start then are fudsters at the end when they've held forever and then watched their valuation go down the pan.

What you should be spending your time doing is researching your own investement and it's commercial context to the point that you can actually answer the guy with some meaningful posting content.

For example. You could have said that you're aware that there is still limited accountability in cryptocurrency startups but that you've looked into these guys backgrounds and you're prepared to take that risk.

You could have gone and looked up the history of cryptocurrency IPOs and done a quick table of ROIs on them and provide that as evidence of a viable project at this marketcap entry point.

You could have raked through the ANN thread front page for features that are distinct to this coin and offer that as a basis for your risk collateral.

You could have picked 2 or 3 coins which launched at a $1million market cap and then went on to improve on it and cited them as precedents.

You could have....where do I stop ?

They guy makes a valid point. Accept it and make other valid points in return instead of trying to call him out as a fudster. These projects are never going to go anywhere if they're just followed by a bunch of blind mice with dollar signs at the back of their eyelids.

Accountability is everything while at the same time remaining constructive so developers don't get demoralised.

Cryptosis

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:30:58 PM

200+ sat is expensive for 1 billion coins
Expensive? USD price $0.904 / 1000 - for what this coin can offer this is a steal.
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:32:27 PM

3000 BTC worth sold in a few days, and trading volume in the following days only 28-50 BTC pr 24h???
My guess is those claiming they bought in to their own IPO are right. That however, need not be a problem. It is actually common in the stock marked that major shareholders or others guarantee that all shares will be sold when new shares are printed or at IPO's. In return they get a fee or a discount. I'm more worried that I have not found any guaranties that the money raised will actually be used to develop and promote BAY beyond what they need to do to fulfill the conditions set to get their money from Bter. There is a lot of work that needs to be done after that, and it will require funding. So, those of you saying we have 3000 BTC to develop this coin for, can you ease my mind?

For the record, I have no reason to FUD.  I already have enough BAY.
zsp

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:33:43 PM

I bought some BAY, as much as I could in Bittrex yesterday and put my sell orders to 750. JL9901 could be wrong or right about the ICO, but if he right about Bobsurplus aka @EMC2Whale, then Bobsurplus will pump the coin and I will realize 200% profit.
whetherman

Activity: 150

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:37:47 PM

if you do not come with specific proof, it would seem are clearly trying fud this coin

Do you see this ?

You spend more time holding critics to account that the stakeholders of the project you're actually invested in. Look back through the history of Bitcointalk for the last 18 months. It's littered with this type of thing. It's always the same people who are hypers at the start then are fudsters at the end when they've held forever and then watched their valuation go down the pan.

What you should be spending your time doing is researching your own investement and it's commercial context to the point that you can actually answer the guy with some meaningful posting content.

For example. You could have said that you're aware that there is still limited accountability in cryptocurrency startups but that you've looked into these guys backgrounds and you're prepared to take that risk.

You could have gone and looked up the history of cryptocurrency IPOs and done a quick table of ROIs on them and provide that as evidence of a viable project at this marketcap entry point.

You could have raked through the ANN thread front page for features that are distinct to this coin and offer that as a basis for your risk collateral.

You could have picked 2 or 3 coins which launched at a $1million market cap and then went on to improve on it and cited them as precedents.

They guy makes a valid point. Accept it and make other valid points in return instead of trying to call him out as a fudster. These projects are never going to go anywhere if they're just followed by a bunch of blind mice with dollar signs at the back of their eyelids.

Accountability is everything while at the same time remaining constructive so developers don't get demoralised.

Climb down off your high horse.

If you want to engage in a long discussion with a troll by all means do so. Please do not do it here.

It is not my job to change anyone else's mind, much less this guy who has a long history of trolling various coins and threads.

He has made no valid point. He has presented not one shred, not one iota of evidence to back up his claims. The real problem - and his only hope - is people like you who give him the time of day.
Cryptozillah

Activity: 687
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:40:56 PM

Do you see this ?

Dude.. Do you want me to start spamming DRK thread with how much bullshit i think that coin is ?
I know you are in love with that shit, and you are/was here to make a quick buck on this one.
whetherman

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:43:55 PM

Another thing. There seems to be a pattern of small investors here spending a lot of time on this thread wringing their hands about whether the price is 10 satoshi up or down, or whether or not the devs "will deliver".

The same time could go towards researching the tech that david is implementing, or the hedging functions that will be possible in Bay. A good start would be the 4 videos of david training the new dev teams on the structure of Bay & Halo, posted a few pages back by Memory Shock. Those vids (check the datestamps) are a good example of the actual reality that is happening with Bay right now. It makes all this 'oh my god the devs have run off with the money' talk look plain silly.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:47:07 PM

3000 BTC worth sold in a few days, and trading volume in the following days only 28-50 BTC pr 24h???
My guess is those claiming they bought in to their own IPO are right. That however, need not be a problem. It is actually common in the stock marked that major shareholders or others guarantee that all shares will be sold when new shares are printed or at IPO's. In return they get a fee or a discount. I'm more worried that I have not found any guaranties that the money raised will actually be used to develop and promote BAY beyond what they need to do to fulfill the conditions set to get their money from Bter. There is a lot of work that needs to be done after that, and it will require funding. So, those of you saying we have 3000 BTC to develop this coin for, can you ease my mind?

See the 4 vids recently posted, but mainly you need to go back and read some of zimbeck's earlier posts to alleviate your concerns (as most of the concerns you have he's already addressed).

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
zsp

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:51:43 PM

See the 4 vids recently posted, but mainly you need to go back and read some of zimbeck's earlier posts to alleviate your concerns (as most of the concerns you have he's already addressed).

Where are the videos please, in this thread?
whetherman

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:54:01 PM

http://youtu.be/SfrPRQVSR6Q
http://youtu.be/hGocWhXsOGE
http://youtu.be/EhE_K5qmbQc
zsp

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:57:22 PM

http://youtu.be/SfrPRQVSR6Q
http://youtu.be/hGocWhXsOGE
http://youtu.be/EhE_K5qmbQc

Thanks!  Smiley
spookycoins

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 02:59:11 PM

Want to help build BitBay?
Here's our chance:

BitBay Community Project manager! Collaborate, get bounties, build the Bay!

That's me on twitter --> @spookycoins
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:08:14 PM

If you want to engage in a long discussion with a troll by all means do so. Please do not do it here.

"Trolls" are no more destructive than much of the blind optimism and hype that characterises these launches.

What few seem to do is actually study where their ROI is going to come from and what chance their investment has of achieving it. That's why "trolls" cause such defensive and adversarial responses, because even the investors don't know.

This project - like most cryptocurrency launches - has no business plan. I'm not critiscing that fact but some people mistake a technical roadmap for a business plan and in the "real world" nobody would touch you without a declared ROI ladder by which they can judge you by your own standards. ok, crypto isn't like that, it's the wild west - we accept it. But at the same time these threads need to get less adversarial and more industrial.

JLo999's point was accountability. He should'nt have categorically made accusations that he couldn't substantiate but all the same it is a serious problem with crypto launches like this - i.e. there is none. The Bitbay launch has improved a bit because they've made the release of capital conditional on some milestones being met which is at least progress. That's the one thing that swung me into participating in this IPO, albeit I didn't "throw my lot into it".
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:12:40 PM

Dude.. Do you want me to start spamming DRK thread with how much bullshit i think that coin is ?

Be my guest if you've got anything to say, which I doubt  Wink
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:14:26 PM

[/quote]

4? I only saw 3.
I actually only have one consern; How much money out of the 3000 BTC will be left for development? I have read the whole thread, but can not remember seeing anything certain about that. Could you point me to any specific posts?
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:21:38 PM

Not words, but deeds. As simple as that. So I'll wait patiently for the beta version of the marketplace to be released.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 03:26:38 PM

And, herein lies the problem, most crypto investors do not have a clue how to evaluate an offering. I blame this on nothing more than the medium that presents it. For the first time in modern history, there is a machinism available for ordinary people to invest money in ventures that were only available to the "insiders' and those that had an education, no matter how minimal, in economics.

This is part of the coming "sea change" in finance brought on by digital/crypto currency. Everyone in this space REALLY needs to seek out and obtain SOME knowledge of the space prior to making a hopefully informed decision on where to put their money. But, it is so easy to do that taking the time and learning is overlooked in the rush to get on board with the next biggest thing.

Schooling oneself can be as simple as going through these forums, picking the "coins" that suceeded and the ones that failed (a small sample at least) and analyzing the road map.

And don't forget, there are plenty of people here, and in the traditional markets, that just throw money at projects hoping one or more "hits" and that the long term profit will cover the expenditures, not my cup of tea but, I have friends who have both profited and lost from this method. I for one, would rather do the research, as I have done here, and invest with some reasonable level of confidence.

That is all....  Smiley

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: