Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:46:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339387 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Uran0s

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:48:23 PM

AltCoin Survival Guide

A few things you need to understand if you just arrived here and are considering investing: (or blowing your brains out)

Do not believe everything you read. In fact, do not believe most of it. If you have been in other AltCoin forums, you will understand this if not, read further. There are several dynamics going on here. Below you will find the major players:

Newbies - You. You have found your way here either by reading an online article, recommendation from a friend (who may now be a former friend) or other means outside the normal channels. You were drawn by one or more factors: technology, quick profit, political slant, world order, investment, or you just think cryptos are cool. What follows is for you. It may well help keep you sane in the constant bombardment of misinformation that exists in this industry. Read on....

Devs - Coin Developers. These folks write/rewrite/modify/invent the actual software that is an Altcoin. Generally software writers and backers who sometimes work alone or, in "Dev Teams" that have spokesmen handle Public Relations in the forums (a very difficult job). Having been a software architect and programmer in a past life, I can tell you these folks have very little desire to post in the forums unless it is purely technical in nature and you won't find much of that in these threads. Devs are usually overworked, underpaid and generally lost in their own world with little concern for yours. (There are exceptions to this rule) Devs tend to give short answers and assume that you will understand it and go away once it has been presented. Do not let this offend you, it is the way of the industry which would not exist without them.

Passionate supporters - Those of us who see the future of this technology and, for the most part, have bought considerable amounts of it. Most of this group have been around a while and make decisions based on experience and at least a working knowledge of markets and finance, some much more, some less. Other than the FUDers, lifeless trolls and shills. Supporters tend to say the most and truly believe in the technology and it's future. This group sometimes includes the dreamers as well.

Speculators - Either business or hobby investors that have come here from the real investing world hoping make a few dollars in crypto and gain experience in trading it. They make cautious buys and generally remain silent.

Dreamers - Dreamers are present all throughout the AltCoin scene. They believe they will "hit it big" someday and randomly pick investments based on what other people are hyping in these forums. Dreamers have a very short attention span and tend to loose money on a regular, sometimes spectacular, basis. Dreamers go "to the moon" or at least would like to and they are easily disappointed. After several rounds of this, many dreamers turn into Trolls and FUDDers, a natural progression it would seem after one's dreams are shattered multiple times. Dreamers seem to be unable to read the "handwriting on the wall" and so it follows they loose more often then others.

Watchers - Watchers are less common than others, but we occasionally hear from them. The term " I'm watching and may invest if...." can sometimes be attributed to a true investor watching for the best time to "get in" but, for the most part, Watchers use terms like this to announce their powerful and omnipotent presence, not. Usually, they are silent until some big event occurs that they missed out on then, they are very vocal to the tune of  "Damn, I missed it, guess I have to spend more to get in now!" or the ever popular " Damn, glad I didn't dump any Bitcoin in this looser!" Either way, they are NOT investors. PS: Watchers rarely have any Bitcoin to dump into anything.... Watchers can sometimes be Shills.

Pumper/Dumpers - Pumpers are crypto day traders who make profit by manipulating the price. Selling large amounts of a coin tends to drop the price making cheaper buys and buying large amounts tends to raise the price making a good sell opportunity. Pumpers normally operate in groups and are present in every coin that has any value/volume. Many Trolls are Pumpers and most Shills work for Pumper/Dumper groups. If you want to see these groups in action, go to coinmarketcap.com and look at the "roller coaster" daily charts.

Holders - Mostly synonymous with "Investors" but looking for a large, long term (years not minutes), return on their investment generally hoped to be quite large compared with day traders and pumper/Dumpers. Holders generally have the most to loose if a coin tanks and they are sometimes quite passionate about defending dropping prices. Mostly, holders can be divided into two of the above groups, Passionate Supporters and Dreamers, it depends on the project and the likelihood of success.

Shills - The lowest form of AltCoin life, Shills are paid to post FUD and lies in forums to damage coin value by competing coins and the  Pumper/Dumpers. Shills simply lie. They instill uncertainty and cause holders to sell and newbies to run away. Shills are the scum of the Earth.

Trolls - Generally damaged individuals with no life and no purpose other than to make others as miserable as them. Generally pathetic people who spend way too much time here to the exclusion of all else. If you picture a terrible, tortured creature living in a cave under a bridge when you read the word "Troll" you need no further explanation. Trolls often work with Shills and Pumper/Dumpers.

FUDers - Many of the above groups belong to the overall FUD (Fear - uncertainty - Dread) group that includes Trolls, Shills and Pumper/Dumpers but, FUDers are generally people who just don't want to see others prosper or enjoy themselves, for whatever Freudian reason you want to use. If you're positive, their negative, it's generally that simple.  

Sock Puppets - These people have a rare disease that prevents them from forming an opinion of their own. They are prone to repeating, sometimes slightly modified, the opinion of the biggest mouth in the forum, the one who thinks he/she is God's gift to the coin and sees themselves a subject expert. A side effect of being a Sock Puppet is the need to constantly create new usernames for one's self but posting the same old crap while using it. Sock puppets provide some much needed humor and are quite harmless if not working for Shills/Trolls.

Final word, DO NOT RESPOND Trolls, Shills and FUDers. A response is all they want to keep the crap going. You will ever change their minds (if present) and you absolutely cannot win an argument with them. Period. In they end they will make you look stupid and then, they have won. Don't do it...

At last some healthy reply in this thread, please read it everyone and try to understand it and implement into your trading strategy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:49:37 PM

Price looks so good I couldn't resist. Grabbed some more bay

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
qawzsx

Activity: 280

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:52:02 PM

The OP should be rewritten in a more cleaner manner.

- Important information should be posted at the top of the OP, like the new website for example: http://thebitbay.net which looks awesome btw. It is hard to find the new website info this thread.
- A smaller logo
- useless print screens, for example the block explorer print screen https://chainz.cryptoid.info, is taking lots of space and it's really useless
- download should be moved at the top, under more important information like coin specs (supply, tech, etc)

Always write the things by their importance:

1. Information (Website, facebook, twitter)
2. Coin tech specs
3. Download links
4. About
5. FAQ
6. Explained tech (decentralized exchange, smart contracts, etc)
7. ICO
8. Media coverage

Normandoyle

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

meow

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 05:03:59 PM

IoT tech is going to be a multitrillion dollar industry by 2020.

We're all witnessing the birth of BitBay.

Once Cryptocurrency is regulated and when the pope shuts down these forums, BitBay will reach places it's never seen before.

BitBay will probably end up being the new TOR for drugdealers in a few years if they can add some sort of magical proxy collection to the Wallet/Client/etc.
Decentradical

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 05:23:56 PM

The OP should be rewritten in a more cleaner manner.

- Important information should be posted at the top of the OP, like the new website for example: http://thebitbay.net which looks awesome btw. It is hard to find the new website info this thread.
- A smaller logo
- useless print screens, for example the block explorer print screen https://chainz.cryptoid.info, is taking lots of space and it's really useless
- download should be moved at the top, under more important information like coin specs (supply, tech, etc)

Always write the things by their importance:

1. Information (Website, facebook, twitter)
2. Coin tech specs
3. Download links
4. About
5. FAQ
6. Explained tech (decentralized exchange, smart contracts, etc)
7. ICO
8. Media coverage

Good point! Agreed.
nojealousy

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 05:30:33 PM

The best chat option i think might be Tox. A friend showed it to me but i have to learn more about it. What i do like about irc is its open chat room like setting which is superior for community stuff. But you know, that can be changed to a more private option although i do believe freenode supports Tor.

Did you see my post regarding Broadcasting?

I had set up smart contract yesterday and it's still showing as "Broadcasting" in pending offer. How long does it normally take to go through?

Could be something I did?

No, it should be broadcasting. Where it says who is broadcasting see if its you or them. If its them, they need the client open so it broadcasts and funds.

If you are supposed to be the one broadcasting, you can contact me directly for support and i can figure out why its doing that.

Hey,

i need some help. Do i get the Bitmessage adress automaticly ?

I havent receive one since hours
spookycoins

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 05:31:35 PM

I'm still confidently holding (and staking) my $BAY.
It's only been 23 days since the ICO ended.
Let that sink in for a moment. BitBay hasn't even been up and running a full month!
We are in the very early stages of this project and anyone with any sense of reasonable patience is wanting to see more unfold before remotely considering to abandon.

If you feel this is the end for $BAY, then by all means sell and move on.
Totally understand if you wanted a quick flip to double your money in 30 days and it didn't work out.

But, if you feel this is just the beginning for $BAY, then you're probably getting pretty excited at what lies ahead and getting a chance to be part of it.  I know I am.

And, don't mind the trolls. They are unfortunately a part of the crypto scene and will be forever. They exist to fabricate weaknesses or questionable aspects of an investment and try to create a sense of imminent fail. If their chatter sways your investment decisions, then maybe you should invest in something that you have personally done due diligence on to confidently stand strong in the wake of their childish tirades. In other words, if you are letting fake bitcointalk accounts and spammy twitter handles effect and influence your positions, then maybe crypto isn't for you.  Truth hurts.

Again, BIG thanks to the BitBay Team and David for your time and effort that has been put into this project.
Decentralized markets, NightTrader, checklocktimeverify and hedging is still in the works.
There are a lot of us here that respect the vision and roadmap to get there.
I'm glad to be a BitBay supporter.

That's me on twitter --> @spookycoins
Decentradical

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 05:33:22 PM

Do not believe everything you read. In fact, do not believe most of it. If you have been in other AltCoin forums, you will understand this if not, read further. There are several dynamics going on here. Below you will find the major players:

Also worth keeping in mind that the real manipulation happens at the price itself. Spreading hype or fud at the forums is just garnish.
waxo

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 05:37:38 PM

This thread remind me the XC thread before the mega pump....
I am still wondering how the fuck is sellingl at this price Huh
I have found the only possible solution -----> DUMPER and panic sellers follow .
I am still confident , i would love to see david and the bayteam on IRC , this community need IRC,for many reasons such as the support , reporting bugs etc...

GlooBoy
Copper Member

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Leave everything to me!

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 05:51:17 PM

Why are we concerned with IRC and GoDaddy ??

NO-ONE HAS MADE A SINGLE SMART BAYHALO CONTRACT YET  --- NOBODY!

If not a single person could get it to work then it just doesn't work.

The problem cannot be that we are group stupid and cannot find the "receive tab".(thanks for the tip)

Please don't tell me the solution is for us to PM David, one-at-a-time, to fix the issues we are ALL having with the smart contracting software.

Im not PMing anybody for a fix, and neither should you. (you cant take the time to even recognize that there may be a problem here, but have the time to respond to everyone's PM in here and those who downloaded the client)?

What good is it if your client works and the worlds doesn't?

We were promised working contracting software, just like they were promised 500BTC if they delivered it.
- 500 btc at completion of ico / delivery of initial wallet. (This threshold has been met.)
- 500 btc at delivery of wallet with integrated smart contracts
- 500 btc at delivery of our decentralized marketplace

And if it doesn't work, then nobody is going to stick around. Period.

...And I am a Halo supporter.

GLooBoy @ OTC--LBC--BitRated -- GPG ID: A23D510BD6E310D3
Beginner and Expert Level FREE Escrow for All | GiftCards for Crypto -- Cryfter.com from 2012 to 2017
unusualfacts30

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 05:54:49 PM

Why are we concerned with IRC and GoDaddy ??

NO-ONE HAS MADE A SINGLE SMART BAYHALO CONTRACT YET  --- NOBODY!

If not a single person could get it to work then it just doesn't work.

The problem cannot be that we are group stupid and cannot find the "receive tab".(thanks for the tip)

Please don't tell me the solution is for us to PM David, one-at-a-time, to fix the issues we are ALL having with the smart contracting software.

Im not PMing anybody for a fix, and neither should you. (you cant take the time to even recognize that there may be a problem here, but have the time to respond to everyone's PM in here and those who downloaded the client)?

What good is it if your client works and the worlds doesn't?

We were promised working contracting software, just like they were promised 500BTC if they delivered it.
- 500 btc at completion of ico / delivery of initial wallet. (This threshold has been met.)
- 500 btc at delivery of wallet with integrated smart contracts
- 500 btc at delivery of our decentralized marketplace

And if it doesn't work, then nobody is going to stick around. Period.

...And I am a Halo supporter.

I made a smart contract succesfully. Only issue is I closed the wallet so it didn't go through fast but it'll go through and I'll post a screenshot once it goes through. Have you tried creating one?

Point of releasing smart contract before marketplace was so any issue that occurs on user side can be fixed before marketplace gets added. First coin in the WORLD that has smart contract and decentralized marketplace. Offcourse, there are going to be issues. No one has ever done this before and we all are here to help each other

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
sust1200

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 05:57:59 PM

bought some more Bitbay coin! Smiley

Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:04:41 PM

I've been on the #bitbay IRC channel for some hours now and I am really in doubt if this is the way to go to communicate with a community.
What I would like to see is a kind of Google Hangout on a regular base with someone from the BitBay team doing PR.
I still got good feelings about Vericoin doing that before I got out. Seeing it back as a podcast would also be right to me, so no problems with timezones.
It would greatly improve the credibility imo.
GlooBoy
Copper Member

Leave everything to me!

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 06:10:19 PM

I made a smart contract succesfully. Only issue is I closed the wallet so it didn't go through fast but it'll go through and I'll post a screenshot once it goes through. Have you tried creating one?

Only for about 2 months now.

The software that you think just came out feels like a re-skinning of BlackHalo, that some of us have been playing around with for weeks. (and can't get to work either)

Did you really just say that you created a contract but not really?

If it didn't go through than it didn't work. Everyone has gotten to the point that you are at.

Beginner and Expert Level FREE Escrow for All | GiftCards for Crypto -- Cryfter.com from 2012 to 2017
unusualfacts30

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:12:44 PM

The software that you think just came out feels like a re-skinning of BlackHalo, that some of us have been playing around with for weeks. (and can't get to work either)

If it didn't go through than it didn't work. Everyone has gotten to the point that you are at.

Okay. Just talked to David and issue is that I sent it to Bitbay address. You have to send it to Bitmessage address. He said it'll be fixed in next update. Try that.

Don't close your wallet until it shows up under Contracts.

Lets see what we can get out of it.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
GlooBoy
Copper Member

Leave everything to me!

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 06:26:09 PM

Have you even read any of my previous posts? Stop treating me like I'm a idiot.

Your telling me I'm somehow doing it wrong and your sending to Bay addresses? - WOW

And where exactly does one input there bitmessage address? Any clue on that?
Because there is absolutely no-where to enter it?

unusualfacts30

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:27:16 PM

Have you even read any of my previous posts? Stop treating me like I'm a idiot.

Your telling me I'm somehow doing it wrong and your sending to Bay addresses? - WOW

And where exactly does one input there bitmessage address? Any clue on that?
Because there is absolutely no-where to enter it?

Where it says "Send contract to"

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Normandoyle

Activity: 154

meow

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 06:28:22 PM

Okay. Just talked to David and issue is that I sent it to Bitbay address. You have to send it to Bitmessage address. He said it'll be fixed in next update. Try that.

Don't close your wallet until it shows up under Contracts.

Lets see what we can get out of it.

OMFG that was it?! Just confusion over the BitBay and Bitmessage addresses? Beautiful. Things are looking bright.

In the OP, it mentions "BitBay, BayCoin, CryptoBay"

Does this mean we'll be getting another coin soon??
Let's face it: 1,000,000,000 coins is a lot and for a $1 peg, it might seem unrealistic.

Luckily, I think I know the plan for pegging.

Once the decentralized market is released, We'll see the release of BayCoin which will be pegged to $1. There might be a few million.
BitBay holders will automatically be able to redeem each BAY for 1 BayCoin, returning almost ALL BitBay coins to the devs.

This doesn't mean each BAY is worth $1 forever, just to reward the early investors.
For Example, you can't trade BAY for BTC once BayCoin is released, but you can trade BAY for BayCoin and trade BayCoin for BTC.

That being said, we'll see a beautiful 2015.

bobcaticus

Activity: 553

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:39:43 PM

GAW GAW.. i mean HA HA.
GlooBoy
Copper Member

Leave everything to me!

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 06:45:44 PM

Just wow again. You are not helping this convo at all. Stop assuming you have answers for me.

How does one send to a bitmessage address if one CANNOT put there OWN bitmessage address into the client first?Huh

If you sent it to me, how would I receive it if MY bitmessage address in NOT in the client???

The problem is one CANNOT put their OWN bitmessage address into the client. So therefore you CANT send to me

OMFG that was it?! Just confusion over the BitBay and Bitmessage addresses? Beautiful. Things are looking bright.

When I see it actually working Ill join in your celebrations. That wasn't THE problem - That was HIS problem.

Still waiting on those screenshots

Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: