Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:00:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Account Banned. WTF.. WHY OH WHY? do i deserve it? have i misbehaved?  (Read 957 times)
notworthy (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 02:43:36 AM

logged in to find

"Sorry tss, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Insubstantial posts+sig ad (14 days)"

I checked the rules and found.. 

Q: Why was my account banned?
A: You probably have broken one of the rules. Try emailing a message to the specified appeal email shown in your ban message.

There is no appeal email in the ban message.  So i'm making a post here.

Forum name is tss.  Was a lurker on the forum for a few months before buying mining equipment and finally joining.

my profile   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=202431

was a pretty regular poster and joined bitmixer sig campaign a few weeks ago.  i think i don't over post and i read ALOT of posts, only posting comments on topics i'm actually interested in. 

big assholes post with sigs way more worthless bullshit than i do on my worst nights.

if i were spamming posts to get paid i would at least max out the payment for the weekly sig campaign... which i seldom do as it was never about the sig campaign.

i would like to get some input from the mods or at least the community on why this ban is appropriate so i can, at the very least, prevent it in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 02:47:08 AM

You can refer here for any questions you have about your ban - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985275.0

If you were a member of a signature campaign and you posted often you're most likely banned due to spamming. It looks like a lot of your posts are short and not constructive or adding to the conversation.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 02:48:24 AM

Never a good idea to join a sig campaign.  The chances of getting banned increase substantially when you do.   Wink

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:01:23 AM

Looking at the last two pages of your post history I see that you posted mostly one liners, and other very short posts.

You explained yourself as to why you were banned. "Insubstantial posts+sig ad (14 days)" - you were making pointless (insubstantial) posts while getting paid for making each post.

Ironically the signature campaign that you joined on your last post before you were banned would likely have not paid you because of your spammy posts.

Out of curiously did you delete your signature yourself or was that already done for you?
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 03:05:58 AM

Never a good idea to join a sig campaign.  The chances of getting banned increase substantially when you do.   Wink
I see a few of people creating accounts today to ask why they were banned.
Could someone please explain why it is a lot easier to get banned from bitcointalk forum when posting with a sig? I don't want to receive a ban.

If you in a signature campaign and just spam bullshit for the BTC payments should it not be up to the campaign manager to kick you out of the campaign, I didn't think theymos and the other moderators of the forum would have time to ban people for signature spamming.

BtcVillaII

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 04:10:28 AM

Same happened to me, I had one liners but not spammy post, could there be a bot?
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 04:14:04 AM

Could someone please explain why it is a lot easier to get banned from bitcointalk forum when posting with a sig? I don't want to receive a ban.

Moderators will view your posts with more scrutiny once you have a paid signature, since you are posting to make money, rather than contribute to the conversation.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 04:19:08 AM

Never a good idea to join a sig campaign.  The chances of getting banned increase substantially when you do.   Wink

If you in a signature campaign and just spam bullshit for the BTC payments should it not be up to the campaign manager to kick you out of the campaign, I didn't think theymos and the other moderators of the forum would have time to ban people for signature spamming.

Ideally, yes. Realistically, no. Most of them do not think about the long term repercussions of allowing the spam to continue, and do not really care about the forum.

Same happened to me, I had one liners but not spammy post, could there be a bot?

No it's not a bot, the majority of them are my decision. I'm not going to rush to meta to get in a debate over what is mostly subjective everytime I ban someone (sig spam related anyway), I spend enough time on this as it is.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
notworthy (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 04:25:28 AM

You can refer here for any questions you have about your ban - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985275.0

If you were a member of a signature campaign and you posted often you're most likely banned due to spamming. It looks like a lot of your posts are short and not constructive or adding to the conversation.

alot of my posts are in fact short but they are always on topic with a clear stance which i add to the conversation.  the threads i make short replies on are half bullshit and only deserve that.

Looking at the last two pages of your post history I see that you posted mostly one liners, and other very short posts.

You explained yourself as to why you were banned. "Insubstantial posts+sig ad (14 days)" - you were making pointless (insubstantial) posts while getting paid for making each post.

Ironically the signature campaign that you joined on your last post before you were banned would likely have not paid you because of your spammy posts.

Out of curiously did you delete your signature yourself or was that already done for you?

i was never good at this, but irony or satire.  i don't overpost.  whether substantial or not.  i'm sure they would pay me for at least 5 posts a week. it's never been about the money so any conversation on the forum, i dont need them to pay me for that. funny thing... was i ban flagged somehow due to switching campaigns?  

you sir btw.  are the opposite.. you post non stop, non stop, non stop, only joined a few months ago and are rewarded for it.  i commend your contribution to problem mediation and you seem to know a shitload about the users but hey.. we all got issues :-)

i deleted my signature myself.  i post to post.  the penny isn't worth it.

wb vod.  i usually like your no nonsense approach even if i dislike your opinions usually.  that said.  please dont neg trust me just cuz im an alt :-)

if you look at my history i always combined replies, as in this post, to prevent unnecessary posts or spam.  During more than a year of membership i have had only 4 or 5 posts deleted by mods for obvious non pc shit.  maybe thats high?  never for spam or linking or bullshit scams.

I DON'T SPAM, i answer the community questions, so you can see that I READ.  i only post when i care.  i don't need a sig.  

I don't believe in this ban.  My ban seems insane to me.  Compared to the things people do on this forum, and never get a post deleted or banned?  WOW.   Maybe my view is not inline with the system.  

So.. Who banned me?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 04:32:42 AM

So.. Who banned me?
Probably BadBear, however I would have done the same if I had such authority.

If what you say is true then you can lurk for 14 days, and read posts, but just don't contribute/post, and once your 14 days is up you can resume doing your own thing as long as you don't break the rules.

I would say that it is true that the expected post quality is higher for people that do not engage in paid signature advertising as there is not the obvious financial incentive to post when they do not have a paid signature.

edit:
you sir btw.  are the opposite.. you post non stop, non stop, non stop, only joined a few months ago and are rewarded for it.  i commend your contribution to problem mediation and you seem to know a shitload about the users but hey.. we all got issues :-)
To by honest, this is none of your business
notworthy (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 04:59:56 AM

Never a good idea to join a sig campaign.  The chances of getting banned increase substantially when you do.   Wink

Ideally, yes. Realistically, no. Most of them do not think about the long term repercussions of allowing the spam to continue, and do not really care about the forum.

No it's not a bot, the majority of them are my decision. I'm not going to rush to meta to get in a debate over what is mostly subjective everytime I ban someone (sig spam related anyway), I spend enough time on this as it is.

thank you badbear for your reply.  so you ban me?  i see so much bad go on in these forums that goes unchecked and i get banned?  just seems obsurd to a scammer like myself.  can i ask for unban?  or is my infraction the final word? i don't need you "to rush to meta to get in a debate over what is mostly subjective everytime I ban someone"

but really.. just say yes. say i deserve the ban and ill just wait.  never have a signature again and post the same or more.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 05:04:19 AM

I'm not going to rush to meta to get in a debate over what is mostly subjective

notworthy - deal with your 14 days, and don't get permabanned by evading.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 05:22:12 AM

I'm not going to rush to meta to get in a debate over what is mostly subjective

notworthy - deal with your 14 days, and don't get permabanned by evading.

Right. Recently, a user(obviously suman66) was perma-banned.

You continued posting after being banned, that's ban evasion. All are now permanently banned.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 06:50:59 AM

-snip-
alot of my posts are in fact short but they are always on topic with a clear stance which i add to the conversation.  the threads i make short replies on are half bullshit and only deserve that.

I tend to just avoid these threads. I know what you are talking about, everyone here probably does, but that does not make it any better. If there is no actual discussion going on you want to contribute to. Its probably best to just avoid the thread. Most recent example that comes to my mind is this[1] thread, it is 4 pages of mostly worthless opinions without much reasoning to it.

-snip-
was i ban flagged somehow due to switching campaigns?  

Unlikely IMHO. BadBear recently stated that they will invest more time to catch spammers. You are probably just one of the first that got hit.

-snip-
i see so much bad go on in these forums that goes unchecked and i get banned?  just seems obsurd to a scammer like myself.

? Not sure what this is about, but if you see "so much bad", report it. Im not talking about arguably bad or scams as those are not moderated, but about shit posts and spam. There is a thread[2] dedicated to that subject.

can i ask for unban?  or is my infraction the final word? i don't need you "to rush to meta to get in a debate over what is mostly subjective everytime I ban someone"

but really.. just say yes. say i deserve the ban and ill just wait.  never have a signature again and post the same or more.

Lets just assume for a second BadBear did indeed ban you. Not that it would matter if it would have been a global mod or theymos.
I think they have already made the decision that you deserve the ban and should take a break form the board, otherwise you would not have been banned. I am certain BadBear is not handing out bans lightly.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=980766.0
[2] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=891783.0

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: