Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:55:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Community Sponsorship- bitcoin logo on a Formula1 car. Need help.  (Read 1335 times)
Biontic (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

HodL tight, it's gonna get wild

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 12:00:32 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 02:56:53 PM by Biontic

OK, so I am sitting here browsing the forum, with the F1 qualifying on in the background. I glance up at the screen and see the company I work for has their logo on the tail of one of the cars, and the penny dropped....

There needs to be a BTC logo or 'bitcoin' written on one of these cars, such colossal media exposure across the globe is a good thing for BTC. So in spite of how nice it would be, unfortunately I do not have a spare 15mill that it costs to become a primary sponsor for a Formula one race team. But then I was thinking about this for a while and figured, what the heck, throw it out to the community and see if there is any interest/support. So, to get the ball rolling I emailed 7 of the 11 F1 teams. Politely inquiring as to what the rates are to acquire decal space on the cars. Now obviously it is the first race weekend of the year, so all these guys are all going to be as hectic as can be. I am not expecting to hear back from them for a few days.
The teams I have approached so far are as follows,
Williams
Marussia
Lotus
Caterham
Ferrari
Torro rosso
Sauber

If anyone can supply contacts for the following teams, please PM me and I will contact them too.
Mercedes
Force India
Red bull
McLaren

My thinking on this is that, perhaps one of the teams might possibly have some affordable space, where we could put a legible-sized decal, maybe on a front suspension strut, or a wing end-plate. If we could crowd fund it from the 287K+ members of this forum, that would be really quite something!
To put the bitcoin logo in front of a half billion earthlings. I'd like that!
So just wanted to gauge interest, and would appreciate if the feedback was kept constructive
I am open to all and any suggestions on whether you think this is...
a) Lunacy
b) Potentially achievable or
c) Should definitely be done (what are we waiting for?)

*edit* Mod, please move this to a more appropriate forum section, if this is the wrong place to post it. .

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
 Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." ~George Bernard Shaw
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:36:23 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 03:16:47 AM by Peter R

I would be interested in participating in such crowd-sourcing ideas.  But these types of things should be done using the Kickstarter scheme where if we don't reach the fund raising target by the deadline, the funds get returned.  Bitcoin's public ledger makes it easy to see how close we are to the target.  We just need a reliable escrow method that either sends the funds directly to the F1 team (if successful), or back to the contributors (if not).  

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:41:33 AM

Who watches F1 these days?

Biontic (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 01:05:13 AM

Who watches F1 these days?
"Red Bull racer's victories in the final nine races of the season are considered the reason why television viewing figures dropped from half a billion to 450 million last year" http://ow.ly/uCZNL
And having seen qualifying, its going to get the viewers back this year.

We just need a reliable escrow method that either sends the funds directly to the F1 team (if successful), or back to the contributors (if not). 
agreed!

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
winit

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:20:42 AM

I work in F1 sponsorship, if you can raise a substantial amount I will be happy to facilitate such a deal.
Biontic (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 09:54:50 AM

I work in F1 sponsorship, if you can raise a substantial amount I will be happy to facilitate such a deal.
Great, please indicate what is a "substantial amount". Can you please put a Fiat value on this. Thanks

Biontic (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 01:32:02 PM

Thanks for the PM.
Also heard back from one of the teams.
as expected this is not going to be cheap - but it is achievable.

hmmmstrange

Activity: 669
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 09:13:04 PM

https://www.crowdcube.com/caterham/

$16,000 to get some nice sponsorship for the Abu Dhabi race.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: