Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:07:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN C-CEX UNWILLING TO HELP  (Read 3520 times)
pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 04:07:20 AM

look at their response to me
Type: Deposit
Subject: WRONG COIN PLEASE HELP

2014-10-27 02:25:16 breebob
Hi there, please help me my dogecoindark coins (doged) went to the wrond dogecoindark (dd) i think. surely the wallet should recognise that dd is not compatible with doged addresses. can you please help me. thank you for your time

2014-10-27 11:18:40 C-CEX support
DD and DOGED are different coins. It is not compatible. Coins sent to wrong wallet are lost.

That is a false statement. COINS SENT TO WRONG WALLET ARE LOST.
they are not lost, they are sitting in Dogecoindark (DD) DQEAnxc7gVMN2NNJpL1FaTBM518gkJGVaT
so they CAN be recovered not they CAN'T be recovered.
C-CEX say lost coins when clearly they are not. they CAN be recovered, so why would they not help, that is the issue.
they can help but choose not to.
in my language that is SCAMMING somebody.

the wallets are not compatible because they are differnt coins. you cannot send DD to DOGED. that is true
they are lost because they will not do anything about them. that is true.

it is not a false statment. it instead reveals their base attitude/response.

there is no scamming going on. there is just a poor attitude to customer relations.

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
n3rfherder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 04:26:34 AM

Thread summary:

OP is stupid, c-cex hasn't been fast with helping the idiot who lost coins by his-damn-self.

ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 04:38:24 AM

It's not that they chose not to help you. The simple fact is that they can't help you. There is literally nothing that they can do to retrieve your coins if you've sent them to a different coin address. Dumping the private key is not gonna do anything because as far as the wallet you've sent to is concerned, it never received anything in the first place.
I imagine you've been in crypto for a while, you should know that different coin wallets are not compatible. Sorry that you lost your coins man  Sad
endoffiat (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 04:44:56 AM

Thread summary:

OP is stupid, c-cex hasn't been fast with helping the idiot who lost coins by his-damn-self.

regardless of my error. they are being dishonest
i asked them politely for assistance and got nada.  
and remember. it is not like they went to a different named coin see below

(DD)dogecoindark DQEAnxc7gVMN2NNJpL1FaTBM518gkJGVaT

(DOGED)dogecoindark DQMY8eP5eJTn94k8SLrmqAD8qz58DFnJwe

as you can see yes i made the mistake. my mistake was the DQ at the start of two individual coins with exactly the same name. i am probably more unlucky than stupid.
but i do realy value your opinion n3rfherder, very intellectual and incisive thank you. Wink

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
endoffiat (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 04:55:24 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2014, 05:26:27 AM by endoffiat

It's not that they chose not to help you. The simple fact is that they can't help you. There is literally nothing that they can do to retrieve your coins if you've sent them to a different coin address. Dumping the private key is not gonna do anything because as far as the wallet you've sent to is concerned, it never received anything in the first place.
I imagine you've been in crypto for a while, you should know that different coin wallets are not compatible. Sorry that you lost your coins man  Sad
i once tryed sending sending rabbit coins to a BTC wallet just for lets see sake.lol and the transaction would not work at all.
i beleive it is possible to to retreive the coins here though.
it is not the coins i am worried about. i still have over 16,000,000 DOGED. guess i am just stuborn.
i already consider the coins lost, and if it is shown that i am incorrect about recovering the coins, i would instantly make a full apology to c-cex.
i must rely on smarter people in this area, as i am by no means tech savy. but my info leads me to beleive that the coins could be recovered.
i just know that i personally would not be confident attempting to do any of the steps.

_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 05:30:12 AM

I imagine you've been in crypto for a while, you should know that different coin wallets are not compatible. Sorry that you lost your coins man  Sad
i once tryed sending sending rabbit coins to a BTC wallet lol and the transaction would not work at all.

Well in that case, you should download both wallets to your pc and test your theory with a few coins. If it turns out that you're right, you should email C-CEX your findings.
They might be willing to try and retrieve your coins, if you show them that it is indeed possible  Smiley Good luck!
Altcoin4life

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:34:57 AM

Probably a good idea to change your title of this thread to ccex please help.

Also mods please move this thread as it doesn't belong in this section.

icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:24:36 AM

i once tryed sending sending rabbit coins to a BTC wallet lol and the transaction would not work at all.

Well in that case, you should download both wallets to your pc and test your theory with a few coins. If it turns out that you're right, you should email C-CEX your findings.
They might be willing to try and retrieve your coins, if you show them that it is indeed possible  Smiley Good luck!

We at vaultex have done this multiple times, the dumping of a priv key to the other wallet.

The reason it works is due to the shared address prefix, sending a transaction to the other chains address works, because the prefix and address format is correct. This means that if we take a private key from one, it will create the same public key on both chains, due to the format of the private keys being the same.

Unless you somehow send some btc to rabbitcoin, or from one prefix to anther (which all wallets should block). You can retrieve the coins.
chilli89

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:43:54 AM

You cant fix dumb, which the OP certainly has. This problem though may be fixable but screaming scam after 1 reply response again not to bright .
endoffiat (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:23:09 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2014, 08:37:41 AM by endoffiat

You cant fix dumb, which the OP certainly has. This problem though may be fixable but screaming scam after 1 reply response again not to bright .
there has been more than 1 attempt from me to get an answer. that is all i can get from them. i have since posted 2 new tickets saying that i believe the coins can be retrieved, that this should be fixable, that was over 48 hours ago. they have been silent ever since.
the point is they are choosing not to assist a customer when they actualy can. and when they blatently lie by saying the coins are lost, and stop replying to tickets, that to me is scamming someone. but i will change the OP from c-cex scam to c-cex unwilling to help. maybe scam is not the right word, afteral i caused the problem, it is purely the total lack of customer support that has me wound up.
and just incase you missed earlier post's chilli89 with only 12 post's you must ooze experience.lol. here are the 2 wallets in question.

(DD)dogecoindark=DQEAnxc7gVMN2NNJpL1FaTBM518gkJGVaT

(DOGED)dogecoindark=DQMY8eP5eJTn94k8SLrmqAD8qz58DFnJwe

it's not like i sent rabbit coins to a bitcoin wallet lol. i saw the DQ at the beggining of the address that was my mistake. not to mention the exact same name coin, and also they were 3 spots apart in my wallets list. So i would say i am more unlucky than dumb. but you go right ahead and call it dumb, because you are so inteligent.

endoffiat (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 09:17:34 AM

C-CEX admit it is possible. here is the response i got.

2014-10-29 04:33:49 C-CEX support
Theoretically it can work. We can order this service for You. Since it is complex procedure of managing 2 online exchange wallets It will cost us 0.5 BTC but we can't promice positive result.
2014-10-29 04:55:41 breebob
well then no don't worry about trying to retrieve the coins. i definately don't want to add costs to your procedure. i will accept the coins are gone. the fact that i know it can be done is what drove me. again do not worry about retrieving the doged coins as i do not wish to add cost's to you. that is not fair for you to pay extra for my error. thank you for getting back to me.

the fact that i knew it was possible was the reason i dug my heels in. I just didn't think it would be that expensive to do.
i will not make other people pay for an error i made.

Thank you to all who posted. 

Alex1234

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:56:31 AM

C-CEX admit it is possible. here is the response i got.

2014-10-29 04:33:49 C-CEX support
Theoretically it can work. We can order this service for You. Since it is complex procedure of managing 2 online exchange wallets It will cost us 0.5 BTC but we can't promice positive result.
2014-10-29 04:55:41 breebob
well then no don't worry about trying to retrieve the coins. i definately don't want to add costs to your procedure. i will accept the coins are gone. the fact that i know it can be done is what drove me. again do not worry about retrieving the doged coins as i do not wish to add cost's to you. that is not fair for you to pay extra for my error. thank you for getting back to me.

the fact that i knew it was possible was the reason i dug my heels in. I just didn't think it would be that expensive to do.
i will not make other people pay for an error i made.

Thank you to all who posted. 

That fee is ridiculous, currently over $172.00
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: