Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:28:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About circle.com  (Read 2998 times)
btctechie (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:53:32 PM

Hi,
Has anyone of you used circle.com ? Is it possible to link Indian bank accounts and then buy and sell bitcoins ? Is it legal to use circle.com in India?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KJBit

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:13:16 PM

Hi,
Has anyone of you used circle.com ? Is it possible to link Indian bank accounts and then buy and sell bitcoins ? Is it legal to use circle.com in India?

I had signed up with circle when they launched recently. Unfortunately, it does not support Indian bank accounts; not even non-US credit cards. And since Indians can't use it, the question of legal or illegal does not even arise.
btctechie (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:40:11 PM

Please see this-: http://inc42.com/buzz/new-rbi-rules-to-restrict-creditdebit-cards-international-usage/
May be this is the reason you were not able to carry out your transaction on circle ? Because some non-us folks posted on reddit that they successfully linked their visa/mastercard on circle .
KJBit

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:53:04 PM

Please see this-: http://inc42.com/buzz/new-rbi-rules-to-restrict-creditdebit-cards-international-usage/
May be this is the reason you were not able to carry out your transaction on circle ? Because some non-us folks posted on reddit that they successfully linked their visa/mastercard on circle .

That's just another reason for Indians to start adopting bitcoin. It's like the Indian government wants to completely cut Indians off from the world economy.

RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:31:41 PM

Hi,

I had signed up with circle when they launched recently. Unfortunately, it does not support Indian bank accounts; not even non-US credit cards. And since Indians can't use it, the question of legal or illegal does not even arise.

It seems someone has already used Indian Credit Card to buy Bitcoins at Circle. The Q is how much one is charged by his bank for this...

Used my indian credit card to buy. hassle free. however, i was charged under cash advance and not credit. cash advance fees are quite high. not the best option.

KJBit

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:40:58 PM

I see. I misunderstood the question it seems.

Anyway, I don't know how somebody was able to use their Indian credit cards because circle clearly states that non-US credit cards are not accepted.
anujjain

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:32:46 PM

I tried there and they are not allowing to add bank or credit card there.
So it's useless for Indian.
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 09:13:05 PM

I tried there and they are not allowing to add bank or credit card there.
So it's useless for Indian.

I have not tried it, but if it is true, it is good for the Indian and Bitcoin as well. In general, success of Circle is bad for Bitcoin.

KJBit

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:58:28 AM

How is success of Circle bad for bitcoin?
BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:36:53 PM

How is success of Circle bad for bitcoin?

One of the basic plus point of Bitcoin over Credit Card is chargeback is not applicable to it. Now, if that Credit Card can be used to buy Bitcoin, then Bitcoin looses one of its pillar. But, thankfully, the model of Bitcoin purchase against Credit Card is not a stable one and hence Circle is already restricting world wide Credit Card acceptance.

indiangrad

Activity: 227
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 07:14:05 PM

What's the buzz about circle? Have heard about it a lot recently

bineshb

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 08:16:45 AM

Hi

I am based out from the UK . I have linked my UK debit card to Circle.com. Purchase bitcoin is super fast, but withdrawals takes 2-3 days .
BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 08:35:06 AM

Hi

I am based out from the UK . I have linked my UK debit card to Circle.com. Purchase bitcoin is super fast, but withdrawals takes 2-3 days .

UK & US cards are allowed. But not most of the other countries where taking action against Credit/Debit card fraud is difficult.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: