Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:41:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 600 Mb Website  (Read 1695 times)
BTCIndia (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 06:12:12 AM

Guys, I'm working on website which will contain LOTS of elements. Somewhere around 600 Mb. It is impossible for customer to download bulky website every time he visits. Right?

I believe, Bitcoin users will visit again and again. So, I plan to download some essential elements (raw material, recurring contents) via supporting software on their computer with permission. I believe, this will cut down need to download heavy website every-time customer and we can call material needed from their computer for best experience.

I'm not a developer. Am I thinking in right way?

What are pro's and cons?

Let go simple ones like- customer won't download such bulky software on their computer etc etc.

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 06:22:54 AM

Guys, I'm working on website which will contain LOTS of elements. Somewhere around 600 Mb. It is impossible for customer to download bulky website every time he visits. Right?

I believe, Bitcoin users will visit again and again. So, I plan to download some essential elements (raw material, recurring contents) via supporting software on their computer with permission. I believe, this will cut down need to download heavy website every-time customer and we can call material needed from their computer for best experience.

What are pro's and cons?

Let go simple ones like- customer won't download such bulky software on their computer etc etc.

600 Mb is ridiculous for a website - the average is around 1 megabyte (which is also a little bloaty)
Lots of people use smart-phones too... multi-platform software?  Sounds pretty complex.

BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 06:44:37 AM

What are pro's and cons?

600 Mb is ridiculous for a website - the average is around 1 megabyte (which is also a little bloaty)
Lots of people use smart-phones too... multi-platform software?  Sounds pretty complex.

Plan is more complex than it seems. That's the beauty of it!
Its another stupid dream in making. I love to nourish concepts in head, study their feasibility and...I don't know rest.

I'll answer your query. My limited experience in this domain say it will be approximately 600-900 Mb depending on data I plan to deliver. It's not little bloaty but very bloaty. That's why I'm here between experts like you.

And, I don't want people accessing from smart phone. I mean it! No matter millions or billions. So, we need not worry about smart phone users.

Yes. You can call it multi-software platform brainstormed for specific needs of community that will arise after a decade. Cheesy

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 07:00:24 AM

What are pro's and cons?

Lots of people use smart-phones too... multi-platform software?  Sounds pretty complex.

Its another stupid dream in making. I love to nourish concepts in head, study their feasibility and...I don't know rest.

I'll answer your query. My limited experience in this domain say it will be approximately 600-900 Mb depending on data I plan to deliver. It's not little bloaty but very bloaty. That's why I'm here between experts like you.

And, I don't want people accessing from smart phone. I mean it! No matter millions or billions. So, we need not worry about smart phone users.

Yes. You can call it multi-software platform brainstormed for specific needs of community that will arise after a decade. Cheesy

I have a website but I am far from expert.  Your dream might be the greatest thing since sliced bread; I can only tell you what I know.
BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 07:09:39 AM

What are pro's and cons?

I have a website but I am far from expert.  Your dream might be the greatest thing since sliced bread; I can only tell you what I know.

I don't know why but it helped me so much! Thanks bro!
I'll continue to read and understand more to get my answer.

Hey! One more thing, I need to ask:

How can we find expert in particular domain what we do now know about? I mean, we can find expert in any field by throwing money blindly. That doesn't excite and challenge me. I love to get work done in limited resource so I try to find people with maximum capability at minimum price.

Problem occurs when I have to do that in unknown domain like say CAD, wine making etc. How can I identify best people in alien world?

Tough question but immense application if science is clear in our head. What I usually do is- try to find overlapping experience and then assess those people. And, if they've command over philosophy then probability are they're better than others.

Any tips from you being programer?

bitnanigans

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 11:55:48 AM

600MB is definitely too much, especially if everything will be loaded all at once.
onemorebtc

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:04:57 PM

I believe, Bitcoin users will visit again and again. So, I plan to download some essential elements (raw material, recurring contents) via supporting software on their computer with permission.

HTML5 Local Storage is for that. But does not support that much data.
Only way i see is you make a browser addon which holds your content local - you'd have to it for every major browser and nobody would install it, because its too risky to run software from an unkown source.

so i think your idea does not work.

only way i can think of is: make a dropbox account and place anything there.
your website would only consist of a link to dropbox. dropbox could then download your stuff and the user simple opens a browser there

i dont think this is userfriendly, but it would work for static sites

transfer 3 onemorebtc.k1024.de 1
AviThour

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:13:10 PM

600MB is definitely too much, especially if everything will be loaded all at once.
That.  Roll Eyes
onemorebtc

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:16:23 PM

That.  Roll Eyes

depends... if he makes a good 3d modeller in html and his assets are 600mb that is not bad...
website means anything... beginning with just a single card to a full fledged html game...

BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:06:09 PM

That.  Roll Eyes

depends... if he makes a good 3d modeller in html and his assets are 600mb that is not bad...
website means anything... beginning with just a single card to a full fledged html game...

BINGO! I'm amazing game in mind. Working on story line. It would be really difficult for me to agree some game development company therefore, I'm considering option of developing something on own as pilot project.

But, I do not know what kind of developer I require as I don't have much knowledge with development.

What qualification and expertise would I require for filtering good modellor in HTML? What are other options apart from HTML?

Any pro's and con's on HTML you can throw light on?

onemorebtc

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:13:38 PM

That.  Roll Eyes

BINGO! I'm amazing game in mind. Working on story line. It would be really difficult for me to agree some game development company therefore, I'm considering option of developing something on own as pilot project.

But, I do not know what kind of developer I require as I don't have much knowledge with development.

What qualification and expertise would I require for filtering good modellor in HTML? What are other options apart from HTML?

Any pro's and con's on HTML you can throw light on?

personally i like html for games, but it is a lot harder to develop a good game in html than in a standalone app.

have a look at some html game engines: http://html5gameengine.com/

i didnt test them tough... i'm a little old school and tend to avoid frameworks.

you'll need a developer with excellent html/js skills - but this depends on the game i guess.

flash is also a possibility. i did some games with it about ten years ago. its way more easy to develop, but not as user friendly (just imho) and it lacks the coolness factor Wink

What qualification and expertise would I require for filtering good modellor in HTML?
dont know what you mean... if you are looking for someone who designs you 3d models its the same for any tech (flash, standalone, html and so on) as the difference is only in the game engine itself and not within its assets

premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:36:18 PM

PM me your website. I will check is there any possibility to reduce / optimize.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 07:12:00 AM

PM me your website. I will check is there any possibility to reduce / optimize.

Website is not yet to be built. Here to understand and explore my concept, feasibility and implementation better.

deuxmill

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:04:28 AM

I think you should take a look at node.js ... there are applications build like that ... as an example .. popcorn time .. you can package the "website" as a standalone desktop application , but i'm not sure that is what you want.
troy112

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:40:52 PM

If it is a game, there would be levels....
So, user could download data as he is going through..
Well on my current connection it'll take 2 hrs for just visiting the site. Then you'll have to consider hosting also...
There are games like runescape , World of warcraft ... That are big, but they run java application and then download as i go on playing.
Also, you could try to lower graphics a bit to make it lighter. Or give option to user to lower it, if they want.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: