Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:20:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet Corrupt (Paying 1btc if fixed)  (Read 2418 times)
enryk

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

GreenCoin

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 11:34:45 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2014, 09:25:42 AM by enryk

Contact Welsh, and send him the bitcoin wallet and private keys to work with. He is a trusted member, and has helped a lot of people on the forums with wallet issues. He  actually has his own thread for this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 12:01:48 PM

You guys will in possession of the btc on the wallet. I'm the only one taking a risk here and clearly the people who didn't figure that out are not gonna be contacted cause they probably can't help me lol

Edit: The -salvagewallet command doesn't work so its gonna be more difficult than that.

What do you mean by that the command doesn't work?

Command not found or no effects on your corrupted .dat?
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 02:43:01 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2014, 04:55:46 PM by roslinpl

COntact Welsh, and send him the bitcoin wallet and private keys to work with.

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Wallet.dat contain private keys. (Encrypted or not)
All he need to send is a wallet.dat file (and pass phrase if wallet is encrypted) if we are talking about private keys.

If OP have his private keys  he don't need to do anything else than importing private keys to the wallet.
But his wallet.dat is corrupted - that's why he have no access to his private keys.
Auxi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 04:02:19 PM

I had the same problem some month ago, i fixed it with ubuntu, i obtein privkeys and load it in other wallet, if you want help i can help you step by step, have you got other computer?
Coef

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

Exhausted

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 04:59:52 PM

I had the same problem some month ago, i fixed it with ubuntu, i obtein privkeys and load it in other wallet, if you want help i can help you step by step, have you got other computer?

I don't have the problem, but I would like to know more about the steps you have taken.
How do you fix it with ubuntu? Just install the OS and run bitcoin core linux with your wallet.dat?

roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 05:04:39 PM

I don't have the problem, but I would like to know more about the steps you have taken.
How do you fix it with ubuntu? Just install the OS and run bitcoin core linux with your wallet.dat?

Yes this is indeed interesting :-)
Also interesting is why he will need another computer when you can install another OS on same machine.

Kind regards.
Garvis (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 07:18:45 PM

I messaged welsh so hopefully he can help. If he can't, I will message someone else.`
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:50:06 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2014, 02:05:03 PM by Welsh

I've messaged Garvis some of the easier ways of a possible recovery, however I'm unsure of Garvis capabilities and whether he will understand it or know how to do it. I've sent him what I think will work without me having a closer look  at the physical file. If push comes to shove I'll ask whether he will be comfortable handing me the file so I can tinker around with it. Although , I'm hoping the methods which I sent him will work and he'll have no problem executing them.

Otherwise, I have advised Garvis to look for someone else as I don't want to keep him waiting if someone else can provide a solution. When, I'm back I'll be more than willing to take this under my flight and also listen  to anything anyone else has to say. Although I'm not back until Wednesday/Thursday so I won't be able to look at the wallet straight away.

Just like to thank everyone who recommended me by the way, it's much appreciated as I love to help others.
Garvis (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:07:42 PM

Welsh, I sent you the wallet. I don't mind waiting until you get back, that's fine with me.
AltcoinInvestor

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:33:00 PM

Maybe the new bitcoin core wallet doesn't recognize your old wallet. (Maybe core developers changed the format of wallet.dat file).

I think you should find an old bitcoin-qt wallet (that released before).

Then you sould insert the wallet and dump private keys.

After dumping keys; you can add them to the newer version.

All the matter is your private keys.
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 08:41:16 PM

Maybe the new bitcoin core wallet doesn't recognize your old wallet. (Maybe core developers changed the format of wallet.dat file).

I think you should find an old bitcoin-qt wallet (that released before).

Then you sould insert the wallet and dump private keys.

After dumping keys; you can add them to the newer version.

All the matter is your private keys.

Waste of time. Core developers hasn't changed the format of wallet.dat.

If your wallet.dat is not corrupted you can always use it in next/new version of Bitcoin qt/core.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:51:08 AM

I had some spare time tonight to setup the environment and started tinkering around with the file. Now, because we haven't got access to the computer it was originally stored on that limited some of the methods I could use quite significantly. I've gone through what I thought could be possible, however I haven't been successful and I've been working on it for a few hours now.  Although, I have gone through all I can think of at this time, I have been pretty busy so I'm hoping something is just slipping my mind at the time and I'll be able to think of something in the next few days.

If anyone decides to take this under their wing, feel free to contact me and I'll try and help in any way I can.
elbandi

Activity: 525
Merit: 529

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 12:00:14 PM

I had some spare time tonight to setup the environment and started tinkering around with the file. Now, because we haven't got access to the computer it was originally stored on that limited some of the methods I could use quite significantly. I've gone through what I thought could be possible, however I haven't been successful and I've been working on it for a few hours now.  Although, I have gone through all I can think of at this time, I have been pretty busy so I'm hoping something is just slipping my mind at the time and I'll be able to think of something in the next few days.

If anyone decides to take this under their wing, feel free to contact me and I'll try and help in any way I can.
After you recovered and moved the coins to a safe wallet, could you send me the corrupted file? i want to test my skills Cheesy
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 07:06:01 AM

I got some time on my hands if you want to send me the file.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: