Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:12:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] old growcoin thread  (Read 127525 times)
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 12:10:27 PM

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RD965

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:18:37 PM

hahah you missed the spliff
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:20:43 PM

https://twitter.com/goldentags/status/545554106463424513 let's all tweet and retweet..

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 12:28:46 PM

http://twitter.com/FAILCommunity/status/545556099550965760

Grin Grin Grin

barryzand (OP)

Activity: 574

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:30:35 PM

Since we only have a ~10btc total market cap atm. I dont think the 2 biggest Growbags are a problem right now. If people are interested in the functions and services of a coin, that issue will solve itself if you guys slowly sell a bit to new people over time Wink

Cryptsy would be great, but does their voting list even work? Certain coins are in that list forever, without being added... It would be a waste of time to keep voting, maybe even pay for a few votes, and then not get listed at all..

I believe there are a few exchanges that dont accept paid votes, as in paying people to cast their vote. We dont want to ruin are changes right? So we have to be carefull if we are planning to do this. And research this first on which exchange we can and can't do this type of voting-giveaway Wink
I thought Poloniex for instance does not tolerate this Undecided And I think they are not the only one.

I am also willing to replace a few banners in the shop, to give some "free" advertisement to exchanges that add us. Like I did with Coin-Swap. It may not mean anything at this time... but when the Growth kicks in, they might get a few clicks extra each day in the longer term  Wink

Bittrex is simply out of the question... and tbh.. I dont even care about that anymore.. The fact they dont add us, but did add other cannabis related coins. Is simply because we delivered usage.. You can actually buy stuff with the coin.. And they have concerns about legal issues in their own region. I respect that, but I dont agree with it Wink  The other already added cannabis related coins are based on rumours and thin air atm.. So its just "another" coin to trade with no legal issues Wink

However since we accept other currencies which are trading on bittrex, they should reconsider EVERY coin we accept for a delisting, caus they can be bought and used for purchasing cannabis related prodcuts right? Really out of context thinking, but it actually makes sense regarding their legal concerns right? Roll Eyes
They need to see cryptogrowshop as a merchant. Nothing more, Noting less..

I will look into "supernet" to see if we can add something to their total project, and viceversa  Wink

barryzand (OP)

Activity: 574

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:34:21 PM

And a christmas giveaway could work. But you guys are already doing a lot of different giveaways.

Maybe we should combine them all, and make one huge one, in return for votes?  Huh

I will be back in ~2hrs... I need to buy some materials for my new growingcave  Roll Eyes

Nice, lets wait for barry to go online (its 1 oclock western europe lol)

Then lets see what else we can do

Already here mate, and reading  Wink

Good morning Smiley

Grin Cool
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 04:33:36 PM

Just paid out the people that had some ORE produced on WarOfClicks Cheesy

Work hard today, i have a special item that will double my earnings for this session  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:20:19 PM

Since we only have a ~10btc total market cap atm. I dont think the 2 biggest Growbags are a problem right now. If people are interested in the functions and services of a coin, that issue will solve itself if you guys slowly sell a bit to new people over time Wink

Cryptsy would be great, but does their voting list even work? Certain coins are in that list forever, without being added... It would be a waste of time to keep voting, maybe even pay for a few votes, and then not get listed at all..

I believe there are a few exchanges that dont accept paid votes, as in paying people to cast their vote. We dont want to ruin are changes right? So we have to be carefull if we are planning to do this. And research this first on which exchange we can and can't do this type of voting-giveaway Wink
I thought Poloniex for instance does not tolerate this Undecided And I think they are not the only one.

I am also willing to replace a few banners in the shop, to give some "free" advertisement to exchanges that add us. Like I did with Coin-Swap. It may not mean anything at this time... but when the Growth kicks in, they might get a few clicks extra each day in the longer term  Wink

Bittrex is simply out of the question... and tbh.. I dont even care about that anymore.. The fact they dont add us, but did add other cannabis related coins. Is simply because we delivered usage.. You can actually buy stuff with the coin.. And they have concerns about legal issues in their own region. I respect that, but I dont agree with it Wink  The other already added cannabis related coins are based on rumours and thin air atm.. So its just "another" coin to trade with no legal issues Wink

However since we accept other currencies which are trading on bittrex, they should reconsider EVERY coin we accept for a delisting, caus they can be bought and used for purchasing cannabis related prodcuts right? Really out of context thinking, but it actually makes sense regarding their legal concerns right? Roll Eyes

I will look into "supernet" to see if we can add something to their total project, and viceversa  Wink

Nice post dev.  I picked up about 350 Grow on Coin-Swap just for fun.  Cheesy

I don't think many people are seeing the need for alternative blockchains for currencies at this point in the game.  This coin certainly will have a hard time competing with the massive hype that surrounds CANN and the long-term POT.  Both of these coins have promised a ton and have delivered virtually nothing to most of their users after months.  Your CryptoGrowShop is better than anything they have created so far and your protocol specs are better too..

So, you are accepting these coins on your website so a customer would have to wonder why they would need to use Growcoin when they can use these other ones.  Have you actually received an order in these other cryptocurrencies?  If not, then you may reconsider if these coins are actually useful to your store or community.  Perhaps just focusing on Bitcoin and marketing towards BTC would drive more traffic.

You used the Growcoin to crowdfund and start the growshop website, which is very good, but to add more value will take some additional ideas and thinking outside of the box.

Anyways, I just want to give you feedback as I see you are actively here to participate in cryptocurrency development and are not close-minded to working with others.  I hope you guys take a look at that comparison chart and utilize the info.  When investors look at that chart, they will see which protocols are safe for investing and which are not.

Cheers
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 08:28:41 PM

I don't think many people are seeing the need for alternative blockchains for currencies at this point in the game.  This coin certainly will have a hard time competing with the massive hype that surrounds CANN and the long-term POT.  Both of these coins have promised a ton and have delivered virtually nothing to most of their users after months.  Your CryptoGrowShop is better than anything they have created so far.

So, you are accepting these coins on your website so a customer would have to wonder why they would need to use Growcoin when they can use these other ones.  Have you actually received an order in these other cryptocurrencies?  If not, then you may reconsider if these coins are actually useful to your store or community.  Perhaps just focusing on Bitcoin and marketing towards BTC would drive more traffic.

You used the Growcoin to crowdfund and start the growshop website, which is very good, but to add more value will take some additional ideas and thinking outside of the box.

Anyways, I just want to give you feedback as I see you are actively here to participate in cryptocurrency development and are not close-minded to working with others.  I hope you guys take a look at that comparison chart and utilize the info.  When investors look at that chart, they will see which protocols are safe for investing and which are not.

Cheers

Accepting other coins (like POT, CAN etc..) can benefit for the GROW's spreading. I think that Barry (or some of us) should contact with the communities of all these coins and make them promoting GROW. I trully believe that this coin will succeed!

P.S. Send me your GROW address. I want to tip you for your kind words.

ehalvers

Activity: 513

Crypto ehalvers

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:44:07 PM

I don't think many people are seeing the need for alternative blockchains for currencies at this point in the game.  This coin certainly will have a hard time competing with the massive hype that surrounds CANN and the long-term POT.  Both of these coins have promised a ton and have delivered virtually nothing to most of their users after months.  Your CryptoGrowShop is better than anything they have created so far and your protocol specs are better too..

Cheers

Glad to see you join the community  Cheesy

I think the initial thinking behind adding the other currencies to the site was purely to expand the amount of people able to use CryptoGROWshop. And the fact that any funds used to purchase merchandise would be added to the 1% destruction of the coins. i.e. Even if you spend CANN or POT in the store, 1% of the coins will be exchanged for BTC then GROW and subsequently burned. So even if someone uses a non-GROW crypto they are still psuedo-supporting GROW  Wink

But yes I 100% agree that GROW should be the primary currency for the shop. But sadly the coin payment processor will not set a price for GROW due to the low volume on exchanges. I think this really just means that if someone used GROW in the shop the payment processor would not be able to immediately exchange that GROW from fiat/BTC.

I should be getting my seeds from the ICO the beginning of the year. Once I get those I will begin posting on the GROWforums to try to get some conversation started  Grin

█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  
 █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓ 
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
            █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
Fishcoin
      ▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███

▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███
Decentralized Network
 Tokenized Incentive    
 Interoperable Tools       
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:18:27 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome.  Your idea of burning 1% of Growcoins at each purchase is actually very innovative from an economic standpoint.

Have you considered to peg the price of Growcoin at CryptoGrowShop for the time being to give clarity for customers?  Since there is no market currently, you can set it with your store.  Don't shoot for the moon.  I would recommend something that is close to a fair value so that you are not giving away products.  For example, you could accept the value of Growcoin as 4000 satoshis.  This way people paying in Growcoin are getting a substantial discount price.   You will have to do the math and see if that works out for you. 
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 09:22:50 PM

In my opinion burning coins other than GROW is not the best idea. GROW can be special not only with the webshop, but with the fact that it can be the only coin which is burned when used on the shop. Other thing is that Barry can't control dumpers of other coins and he can suffer significant losses so there is no need to burn 1% for other coins.

ehalvers

Crypto ehalvers

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 01:10:35 AM

Oh no, of course there would be no destruction of other cryptos haha. Sorry I think you may have misunderstood me  Smiley

Only GROW will go to an unredeemable address, all other coins will be exchanged for GROW if used in the shop. So if another currency is used it will still benefit GROW.

Hopefully that is a little more clear   Cheesy

It is a very innovative idea indeed, and one of the things that drew me to this coin  Smiley

█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
            █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
Fishcoin
      ▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███

▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███
Decentralized Network
 Tokenized Incentive    
 Interoperable Tools       
ehalvers

Crypto ehalvers

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:41:49 AM

Dang  Undecided who ever dumped that GROW on coin-swap could made x8 more on EmpoEx.

Whoever got those is lucky! Hopefully some more but support shows up so no one else sells for nothing.

█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
            █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
Fishcoin
      ▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███

▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███
Decentralized Network
 Tokenized Incentive    
 Interoperable Tools       
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:00:07 AM

Interesting coin-swap has Paycoin with a volume of 1000 BTC... wondering if we start putting some orders for sell if it will not be bought buy one of those people with big volume... As at the moment if nobody is selling then nothing will happen...

Slow web responses
 2014-12-17 21:31:06
We are under very heavy load due to the popularity of XPY. We are adjusting our scale as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience and support!

Would be nice to see XPY changed into GROW Cheesy
RD965

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:13:49 AM

Not like I didnt tell you  Grin

Woke up with grow@300sat!
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:26:05 AM

Time to do something here.

Maybe a giveaway of 0.10 BTC. One winner takes it all. Follow Grow_Dev. Tweet why you like GROW and at X-MASS barry select one user that wins those 0.10 BTC. Why using BTC because people always prefer to have real currencies and this maybe can give GROW the necessary attention, or maybe checking out some twitter promotors that can promote GROW.

Edit: Marketcap of $ 1,757!!!! Even a lot of shitcoins with no dev have more Cheesy
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:32:59 AM

Anybody knows why Paycoin is so popular?
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 10:35:34 AM

This is from yesterday:

... should I say more? Smiley

placebo
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:40:05 AM

This is from yesterday:

... should I say more? Smiley

Yes Cheesy

Looks like crazy hashrate...Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: