Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:11:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloud Mining - Please help a newbie  (Read 82132 times)
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 10:59:09 PM

What is mining??
Anyone tell me...Smiley

I want to know about cloud mining...??

Please Guide me Smiley

Thanks

Using computer equipment to solve complex algorithms in order to be rewarded with coins.
I'm not sure cloud mining a real...GAW kinda soured many people on that whole thing.

Cloud mining is dependent on the principle of economics that states mass scale production cuts down the cost. Most of the cloud mining operations run from a location where electricity is either free or dirty cheap. It is not profitable to mine in most of the western countries due to high cost of electricity. Hence miners chose to go for cloud mining companies.

+1

A great explanation indeed.

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Casey89

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 07:16:01 AM

Cloud mining will easily leave you without pants.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:15:06 AM

It depends on company.  Do your research before any investing especially cloud mining.

There are good companies out there, and yes there are a lot of crap ones in cloud mining.  Use as a general rule does it sound to good to be true?   If yes chances are the site is going to disappear one day.
cryptojumper

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 09:31:33 AM

Ponzi like ltcgear, cloudminr.io, cloudmining.website, scrypt.cc can and will leave you without pants when they collapse, especially if you reinvest, but if you go for Hashnest you might expect less roi, but eventually you should get it. Do your reasearch before investing as there are definitely some legit ones.

kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 10:01:03 AM

Ponzi like ltcgear, cloudminr.io, cloudmining.website, scrypt.cc can and will leave you without pants when they collapse, especially if you reinvest, but if you go for Hashnest you might expect less roi, but eventually you should get it. Do your reasearch before investing as there are definitely some legit ones.

well said! I think exactly the same.

Let see what gonna happen with scrypt.cc becouse it was running well for more than year.. Wink

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
lahm-44

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 08:21:21 AM

I always wanted to mine but never had enough resource. Over month, I have gathered around 0.11BTC from faucets and twitter giveaways, with which I want to buy hash power. The cheapest one I see around is offered by www.cloudmining.website, which is 0.001 BTC/GHs. But, before I invest, I'd like to know what people want to say about their experience about this service. As it seems, at current difficulty, I should reach ROI at 4 month. Please advise...

Update 30/03/2015: In fact, I invested 0.11BTC in this service and have already made ROI. Smiley
i never invested on any cloudmining site as because i always heard peoples are saying that cloudmining is not profitable . i think they are just paying your invested money with just some additnal dust.tell me if i am wrong
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 10:54:09 AM

I wish some of the wise men stood up and said this for erstwhile AM hash or current Bit-X. While these highly pumped scams crash, they not only take away you pants but also burn whatever inside. Under the disguise of Reputable Cloud Mining, these scams make sure that its customers never profit. They want people to believe that the rate they are giving is real and what others are offering are all too good to be true. Even if cloudminr.io or cloudmining.website crashes, the casualty will be minimum as most of the people on these sites are already on profit.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 11:42:27 AM

I wish some of the wise men stood up and said this for erstwhile AM hash or current Bit-X. While these highly pumped scams crash, they not only take away you pants but also burn whatever inside. Under the disguise of Reputable Cloud Mining, these scams make sure that its customers never profit. They want people to believe that the rate they are giving is real and what others are offering are all too good to be true. Even if cloudminr.io or cloudmining.website crashes, the casualty will be minimum as most of the people on these sites are already on profit.

BIT-X : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=896350.0

cryptojumper

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:42:26 PM

...Said a paid shill promoting a classic ponzi scam in its signature and having no shame about it Grin
Every service says it is legitimate, but the difference is that there are some things that make people trust Bit-x or Hashnest, but there is none that could point that cloudmining.website is legit..

Gultahin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

۩۞۩ secondstrade.com ★

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 06:33:29 PM

I first invested on CEX.io just the first days of it opened, it was the first (at least the big one) to join cloud mining, it was glorious besides the price of Ghs being much more expensive than those fresh asic miners... but for someone on a third world country who even being able to buy one of those would make no profit due to eletricity rates and to delivery time it was fine... but than fees started to get all of our profit and btc price didn't helped either... So my tip is look cautious into cloudmining, do not trust any service and know when to cashout and go for the next (talking about those sureal "ponzi" cloud mining companys)

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Vitamin King (OP)

Activity: 161

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:16:24 AM

I first invested on CEX.io just the first days of it opened, it was the first (at least the big one) to join cloud mining, it was glorious besides the price of Ghs being much more expensive than those fresh asic miners... but for someone on a third world country who even being able to buy one of those would make no profit due to eletricity rates and to delivery time it was fine... but than fees started to get all of our profit and btc price didn't helped either... So my tip is look cautious into cloudmining, do not trust any service and know when to cashout and go for the next (talking about those sureal "ponzi" cloud mining companys)

AFAIK, electricity is cheaper in third world countries. In some kingdoms in south-west, it is even free !!!

Not your Keys = Not your Coin | No Risk = No Gain
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:34:33 PM

...Said a paid shill promoting a classic ponzi scam in its signature and having no shame about it Grin
Every service says it is legitimate, but the difference is that there are some things that make people trust Bit-x or Hashnest, but there is none that could point that cloudmining.website is legit..

This is MY OWN opinion.  cloudmining.website i would not touch.  They push and push and push a chart showing over 100 percent ROI.  Ofcourse the account showing off their service is going to ROI.

Their site is to cheap on prices.  Just is not possible without some fee's which are not mentioned in their site that I see.

Also what hardware backs it?  I don't think we have ever heard what backs them as far as who is making their miners.   

Again it is all my opinion.
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 08:59:50 PM

Pretty much all of these cloud services should be taken as gambles, some are less so than others.
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 09:37:20 PM

Pretty much all of these cloud services should be taken as gambles, some are less so than others.

Not just the cloud miners...all miners are a gamble that an individual could ROI and maybe make profit before the new wave comes out.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:42:09 PM

Not just the cloud miners...all miners are a gamble that an individual could ROI and maybe make profit before the new wave comes out.

Even if new new generation old gen runs a while.  It does not instantly stop old gear (assuming decent electricity price).  I ran with a dragon 1T for a LONG time.  Eventually though it was to small of amount to run and I sold it off.

Mining is a lot harder than it was when 3 month roi was almost guaranteed.  But it still can be done.
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 03:42:48 PM

Even if new new generation old gen runs a while.  It does not instantly stop old gear (assuming decent electricity price).  I ran with a dragon 1T for a LONG time.  Eventually though it was to small of amount to run and I sold it off.

Mining is a lot harder than it was when 3 month roi was almost guaranteed.  But it still can be done.

We still enjoy four months ROI at www.CloudMining.website. That's not too bad over three month's guaranteed ROI. Smiley
romano1

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

have fun

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 10:11:44 PM

I think not much profit now days but try cex.io maybe
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 09:24:45 AM

Even if new new generation old gen runs a while.  It does not instantly stop old gear (assuming decent electricity price).  I ran with a dragon 1T for a LONG time.  Eventually though it was to small of amount to run and I sold it off.

Mining is a lot harder than it was when 3 month roi was almost guaranteed.  But it still can be done.

We still enjoy four months ROI at www.CloudMining.website. That's not too bad over three month's guaranteed ROI. Smiley

That is quite the promise.  One that many would think sounds to good to be true.   I suggest others compare cloud mining sites that are considered more trusted.  To make a promise of 4 months and no fees and no matter what the difficulty jump is?   I mean no one can guarantee a return espically set it in period like 4 months.

I could be wrong.  Can you tell us more what brand of equipment are you using?   Where is your data center located to be able to do what most cannot?  Any proof it is not just a ponzi?   I mean it's hard to find hardware that ROI's at 4 months in my opinion, and then include electricity and cooling.  No matter what difficulty jump you still profit in 4 months?
cryptojumper

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 01:32:27 PM

I think not much profit now days but try cex.io maybe

cex.io is out of this business dude, they stopped cloudmining service long ago because they had highest fees in the world and shut down operations when BTC price dropped earlier this year. what are you talking about Cheesy
do not misguide people while you're high Cheesy

zeeshsnrehman2

Activity: 168

Where is Teddy?

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 01:37:49 PM

looks waaaaaay too much like a promotion i think

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1074532.msg11485808#msg11485808

Summary - Mr.Bean 2.0   Picture/Text
Name:   Mr.Bean 2.0
Activity:   0
Position:   Brand new
Date Registered:   Today at 12:48:26 AM
Last Active:   Today at 12:54:08 AM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: