Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:52:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloud Mining - Please help a newbie  (Read 82139 times)
vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 07:32:12 PM

do you think cloud mining still profitable

no, I don't think so. because the bitcoin price is pretty low these days and it is staying low for the time being and on top of that you have to pay for maintenance fee so in the end the profit is nothing.

Price is actually making a decent recovery considering it's only been day's.  That flash crash kinda was a pain, and XT still is being debated.

No one can promise profitable, if they do they are lying.   Each investment has risks, with mining it's if you make ROI.   And sadly with cloud it's also if site is a scam, to many ponzi's.  

It is possible to ROI.  Not easy to do in all cases but it is possible.

so we can call all cloud mining is scam!! why they offer invesment if not give some profit for investor

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
centauribit

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 11:07:29 PM

actually "cloud mining" in general is having a bad name. you just can't know which cloud company is legit and which are not.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 12:11:53 AM

do you think cloud mining still profitable

no, I don't think so. because the bitcoin price is pretty low these days and it is staying low for the time being and on top of that you have to pay for maintenance fee so in the end the profit is nothing.

Price is actually making a decent recovery considering it's only been day's.  That flash crash kinda was a pain, and XT still is being debated.

No one can promise profitable, if they do they are lying.   Each investment has risks, with mining it's if you make ROI.   And sadly with cloud it's also if site is a scam, to many ponzi's.  

It is possible to ROI.  Not easy to do in all cases but it is possible.

so we can call all cloud mining is scam!! why they offer invesment if not give some profit for investor

No..... it is not all a scam.   Make sure to research your investment there are a few that are not scam's.

You have some researching to do if you are thinking about cloud mining.  But if your just here to bash ... still suggest you research it.
Landplop

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Don't feed the trolls

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:32:26 AM

cloud mining is always scam! i am scammed by many cloud minings! stay away from cloud minings!

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● REGISTER NOW and GET 1000 DOGE for FREE!  >>
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 04:04:22 AM

cloud mining is always scam! i am scammed by many cloud minings! stay away from cloud minings!

Care to share more?  What sites were you scammed by and how much did you lose?   

You need to research all investments this includes cloud mining.  But there are a very few that are legit.  Sadly yes a vast majority are ponzi's.   
oxiyusuf

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:04:44 PM

You need to research all investments this includes cloud mining.  But there are a very few that are legit.  Sadly yes a vast majority are ponzi's.   
very many examples of "cloud mining" which had a scam, for example just zenminer, hasprofit, and many more, and you still believe cloudmining it profitable?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:17:58 PM

very many examples of "cloud mining" which had a scam, for example just zenminer, hasprofit, and many more, and you still believe cloudmining it profitable?

I was asking him as it appeared he was spamming to get posts.  And I could be right as he did not come back and say where he lost.  He did it in many threads not just this with one liners.

Right now it's hard in mining to ROI and in cloud mining aswell.  I think it is possible but far from guaranteed.  There are only 2 sites I have trusted with a little (I prefer to have hardware so I don't cloud mine with much).   But yes overall most are scams sadly. 

Do research and you will (most likely) find one or two that are real cloud mining operations.  But profitable no one can guarantee that.  If they do they are lying.
oxiyusuf

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:32:09 PM

I was asking him as it appeared he was spamming to get posts.  And I could be right as he did not come back and say where he lost.  He did it in many threads not just this with one liners.

Right now it's hard in mining to ROI and in cloud mining aswell.  I think it is possible but far from guaranteed.  There are only 2 sites I have trusted with a little (I prefer to have hardware so I don't cloud mine with much).   But yes overall most are scams sadly. 

Do research and you will (most likely) find one or two that are real cloud mining operations.  But profitable no one can guarantee that.  If they do they are lying.
Where mining so both sites that you trust it, whether the site could prove evidence of mining? how do you assess that those sites can be believed?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:36:53 PM

Care to share more?  What sites were you scammed by and how much did you lose?  

You need to research all investments this includes cloud mining.  But there are a very few that are legit.  Sadly yes a vast majority are ponzi's.  

I was asking him as it appeared he was spamming to get posts.  And I could be right as he did not come back and say where he lost.  He did it in many threads not just this with one liners.

Right now it's hard in mining to ROI and in cloud mining aswell.  I think it is possible but far from guaranteed.  There are only 2 sites I have trusted with a little (I prefer to have hardware so I don't cloud mine with much).   But yes overall most are scams sadly.  

Do research and you will (most likely) find one or two that are real cloud mining operations.  But profitable no one can guarantee that.  If they do they are lying.
Where mining so both sites that you trust it, whether the site could prove evidence of mining? how do you assess that those sites can be believed?

Everyone should have their own metric.  Myself is follow the hardware.   Does an asic company vouch for them having X amount of hash, or are they a company who makes hardware and reputable?

So I used this on my two.  I will admit it is not perfect it would have allowed asicminer to get in but one false positive, is far better then the rate of scam to cloud sites.  So I think it is not perfect but much better then see if they pay out first people, as most ponzi's do pay out and give ROI to first people.

*Edit and I do not mean offense by this but read your signature and see where it say's "Professional Crypto and GHash Exchange".  If you honestly do not believe that you should remove signature.   
oxiyusuf

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:49:01 PM

You need to research all investments this includes cloud mining.  But there are a very few that are legit.  Sadly yes a vast majority are ponzi's.  

I was asking him as it appeared he was spamming to get posts.  And I could be right as he did not come back and say where he lost.  He did it in many threads not just this with one liners.

Right now it's hard in mining to ROI and in cloud mining aswell.  I think it is possible but far from guaranteed.  There are only 2 sites I have trusted with a little (I prefer to have hardware so I don't cloud mine with much).   But yes overall most are scams sadly.  

Do research and you will (most likely) find one or two that are real cloud mining operations.  But profitable no one can guarantee that.  If they do they are lying.

Everyone should have their own metric.  Myself is follow the hardware.   Does an asic company vouch for them having X amount of hash, or are they a company who makes hardware and reputable?

So I used this on my two.  I will admit it is not perfect it would have allowed asicminer to get in but one false positive, is far better then the rate of scam to cloud sites.  So I think it is not perfect but much better then see if they pay out first people, as most ponzi's do pay out and give ROI to first people.

*Edit and I do not mean offense by this but read your signature and see where it say's "Professional Crypto and GHash Exchange".  If you honestly do not believe that you should remove signature.  

You have not answered my question, which of the two cloud-mining sites that you trust, and I am just skeptical about cloud mining ROI because of its long time and prone to fraud.
and one more thing although I never tried cloud mining looks like I will not try it again, unless I can believe the site is 100%
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:54:17 PM

*Edit and I do not mean offense by this but read your signature and see where it say's "Professional Crypto and GHash Exchange".  If you honestly do not believe that you should remove signature.  

You have not answered my question, which of the two cloud-mining sites that you trust, and I am just skeptical about cloud mining ROI because of its long time and prone to fraud.
and one more thing although I never tried cloud mining looks like I will not try it again, unless I can believe the site is 100%

I hesitate as I like others to make their own decisions.   I don't want my decisions on this to effect others.  I really want them to research it, I gave my metric.

You also passed over my point.  If you believe in no cloud mining site... why are you wearing a signature for a company that sells Ghash that is hosted somewhere (IE cloud mining)?   Are you saying you don't support Bit-X or believe in them? Your signature say's "Professional Crypto and GHash Exchange"  
oxiyusuf

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:10:51 AM

snip-

I hesitate as I like others to make their own decisions.   I don't want my decisions on this to effect others.  I really want them to research it, I gave my metric.

You also passed over my point.  If you believe in no cloud mining site... why are you wearing a signature for a company that sells Ghash that is hosted somewhere (IE cloud mining)?   Are you saying you don't support Bit-X or believe in them? Your signature say's "Professional Crypto and GHash Exchange"  
I had to answer "I am just skeptical about cloud mining ROI because of its long time",
I was using the signature because I prefer to design his signature, if for point "Professional Crypto and GHash Exchange " I have to remove my signature, it may be I did before I followed these signatures.
and I think the site I was able to advertise in trust
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 10:33:55 PM

I've been scammed by cloud mining at least 2 times in the past. Cloud mining is just a legal way of subsidizing miners with negative interest loans. Don't do it.
malphite

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 11:22:47 PM

I've been scammed by cloud mining at least 2 times in the past. Cloud mining is just a legal way of subsidizing miners with negative interest loans. Don't do it.

how come most people recommend it then?

I been hearing lots of ponzis and horror stories, but i found a few that seem to be okay like hashnest. what was your site that you used?
MasterYii

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 01:46:28 AM

its safe to say based on the persons negative experience, he didnt choose the mainstream ones.

eg: hashnest, genesis mining, etc.

usually comes based off not doing enough research.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 03:38:44 AM

its safe to say based on the persons negative experience, he didnt choose the mainstream ones.

eg: hashnest, genesis mining, etc.

usually comes based off not doing enough research.

Only bad thing is the ponzi ones can appear real based off experience.  The first people in ponzi ones normally make ROI.  They don't stop till best for the scammer.

So also look for long term running.  Combine long term positive experience with finding ones that have guaranteed machines, and you are on a good track of finding good cloud mining.
GermanGiant

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 12:25:01 AM

I been hearing lots of ponzis and horror stories
That is because people never report good stories, e.g. I first heard about CEX.io when their profit became -ve and people started to cry foul across the board.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 12:32:45 AM

That is because people never report good stories, e.g. I first heard about CEX.io when their profit became -ve and people started to cry foul across the board.

They do report good stories.  It is sad but most of cloud mining is ponzi's it is just a fact. Most don't even have the gear to mine.

There are a few good ones.  People just need to do research, and I highly suggest verifying they have gear and brand.  Make sure they are not lying about the gear.
GermanGiant

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 12:46:01 AM

They do report good stories.  It is sad but most of cloud mining is ponzi's it is just a fact. Most don't even have the gear to mine.

There are a few good ones.  People just need to do research, and I highly suggest verifying they have gear and brand.  Make sure they are not lying about the gear.

You will be awarded ig nobel for having highest no. of posts in this thread. Cheesy
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 03:49:58 AM

They do report good stories.  It is sad but most of cloud mining is ponzi's it is just a fact. Most don't even have the gear to mine.

There are a few good ones.  People just need to do research, and I highly suggest verifying they have gear and brand.  Make sure they are not lying about the gear.

You will be awarded ig nobel for having highest no. of posts in this thread. Cheesy

I enjoy mining Smiley.  If a thread is about mining a decent chance I will be in it.  I really do not go by number of posts, but if there is a valid point to be made.  This thread sadly has had so many ponzi/scams I stop by  to make sure people do research.  Many have lost money here.

If you think this is a lot from me you should check my reviews of gear, I take those even more serious.  But this is getting a little off topic.

Moral of story don't just trust all sites.  Do lots of research before investing in any investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: