Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:53:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Offline PC is not signing transactions  (Read 1123 times)
betafall (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 05:58:13 AM

I went to make a payment via Electrum as I've done many times. This time, however, when I’m trying to sign the transaction it from my offline PC it tells me “transaction not related to your wallet”. I’m using 1.9.6 on both machines, haven’t changed anything, master public seeds match on both machines, hot PC shows correct balances, I've tried doing the transaction many times. I’m stumped. Any thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 06:02:37 AM

it is fixed with 1.9.7 (don't pay attention to the "transaction not related to your wallet" thing)

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
J180

Activity: 121

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:38:49 PM

Nope, I'm using 1.9.7 and have spent about an hour struggling with the same problem
J180

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:52:04 PM

I found some wierd coding stuff which fixed it for someone, I'm going to try it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=344115.msg3690179#msg3690179
J180

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 09:16:00 PM

Update: the link didn't work but i managed to fix it by creating another wallet on my offline pc using the seed, which generates all the new addresses to get it to work
xephyr

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 01:26:01 AM

Having the same problem with 1.9.8. My online wallet is on Windows 7, while offline wallet is on Ubuntu. Just lately when I try to take a transaction to the offline wallet and sign it the program hangs and refuses to sign. Can someone point me in the best direction to fix without reinstalling? Thanks!
dabura667

Activity: 475
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 04:54:10 AM

Having the same problem with 1.9.8. My online wallet is on Windows 7, while offline wallet is on Ubuntu. Just lately when I try to take a transaction to the offline wallet and sign it the program hangs and refuses to sign. Can someone point me in the best direction to fix without reinstalling? Thanks!

What is the version you're using on your online computer?

Also, what are the specs of your offline computer? How many inputs does the transaction you're trying to sign have?

If your online wallet is >=2.0 (aka Github version) then you can not sign transactions using any pre-2.0 version.

If you are using 1.9.8 on your online, then it might be due to too many inputs + low specs on your offline wallet.

I had a reeeeally crappy mini-notebook I was using for offline signing, and when I signed a transaction with 15 inputs, it would freeze for 5 minutes, then the signed transaction would finish.

If it's "hanging" I would recommend just waiting it out... Maybe try signing it, then let it hang for like 30 minutes while you're doing something else, and see if it actually finishes.

My Tip Address:
1DXcHTJS2DJ3xDoxw22wCt11FeAsgfzdBU
xephyr

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 10:17:51 AM

What is the version you're using on your online computer?

Also, what are the specs of your offline computer? How many inputs does the transaction you're trying to sign have?

If your online wallet is >=2.0 (aka Github version) then you can not sign transactions using any pre-2.0 version.

If you are using 1.9.8 on your online, then it might be due to too many inputs + low specs on your offline wallet.

I had a reeeeally crappy mini-notebook I was using for offline signing, and when I signed a transaction with 15 inputs, it would freeze for 5 minutes, then the signed transaction would finish.

If it's "hanging" I would recommend just waiting it out... Maybe try signing it, then let it hang for like 30 minutes while you're doing something else, and see if it actually finishes.

Online and offline are both 1.9.8. I just reinstalled the offline 1.9.8 and tried a small .1 btc send, went ok. Next tried a larger transaction of one bitcoin and the transaction signs on the offline computer but clicking on the save button does nothing. I can not save the signed transaction to the usb key. This is a real problem for me. Program has been trouble free up to now. Ubuntu 12.04 lts on an older Toshiba laptop.
dabura667

Activity: 475
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 01:01:20 PM

Online and offline are both 1.9.8. I just reinstalled the offline 1.9.8 and tried a small .1 btc send, went ok. Next tried a larger transaction of one bitcoin and the transaction signs on the offline computer but clicking on the save button does nothing. I can not save the signed transaction to the usb key. This is a real problem for me. Program has been trouble free up to now. Ubuntu 12.04 lts on an older Toshiba laptop.
I have a question:

On the screen with the sign, save buttons, there are 2 white text boxes, the upper box should have a bunch of rows of gibberish and the lower one should have 1 or 2 rows with bitcoin addresses on them.

How many rows of gibberish are in the upper white text box for the one bitcoin transaction that fails.

My Tip Address:
1DXcHTJS2DJ3xDoxw22wCt11FeAsgfzdBU
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: