Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:14:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why was I banned for ten days for posting articles in politics and society?  (Read 6150 times)
bluemountain

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 01:37:38 AM

I do however think that he has good intentions and is trying to make an effort to contribute to the community. I think he should be given the benefit of the doubt

You are misguided.  dank has the money to pay squall partially back, but he refuses to do it.

Squall already gave him the benefit of the doubt and made a payment arrangement.  dank kept his word for a few payments then stopped paying altogether.

You want us to give a known thief a THIRD chance?   Roll Eyes
Do you know for sure that he has the money to pay back squall? If he does then he certainly should, however unless dank can give proof that he has the money to repay him, then I would personally think that he does not have the means to repay.

Either way I am not talking about trusting him with your money - I think he is should have the trust that he has and I think anyone trading with him should make sure that he sends funds to escrow first (although I don't think he tries to "trade" very much/at all) and I would never lend to him - I am talking about him contributing to the community via discussion. I think he is trying to add to various discussions and to spark thought throughout the community. I don't think he is trying to troll or to create drama.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 01:46:46 AM

Do you know for sure that he has the money to pay back squall? If he does then he certainly should, however unless dank can give proof that he has the money to repay him, then I would personally think that he does not have the means to repay.

Absolutely.  He posts videos of him riding around on a motorcycle.  He also claims he has expensive sound gear.

He can't legally ride the motorcycle - no license, no registration, no insurance.  One day he will injure someone and they will be SOL because dank has no insurance.

He has no place to go on his motorcycle - too lazy to get a job.

Why doesn't he sell his items and pay back squall like he said he would?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
bluemountain

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 01:57:49 AM

Absolutely.  He posts videos of him riding around on a motorcycle.  He also claims he has expensive sound gear.

He can't legally ride the motorcycle - no license, no registration, no insurance.  One day he will injure someone and they will be SOL because dank has no insurance.

He has no place to go on his motorcycle - too lazy to get a job.

Why doesn't he sell his items and pay back squall like he said he would?
To be clear I am not defending his behavior from a business standpoint. I am saying that he still deserves to be treated with respect. If his motorcycle is in fact his then yes he should probably sell it in order to repay his debt. If he is treated with more respect then he is given here, then I personally think the chances of him making additional payments will be greater (I am not saying that lack of respect means that he has a valid reason not to repay, I am saying that once a  default happens a borrower needs to be given an appropriate level of respect, especially when payment has not been made after this long.

I personally have a job and work hard for my money (at least I would like to think I do), and as a result I do not have creditors breathing down my back all the time and can spend a little bit of money on luxuries every now and then. This is a choice that I have made. If dank chooses not to work for money, then he will not have these benefits in his life and this is his choice.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 02:07:57 AM

To be clear I am not defending his behavior from a business standpoint. I am saying that he still deserves to be treated with respect.

He has lied so many times his word means nothing.  I can't respect someone like that.  Sorry new guy, but I'll have to disagree with you.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
bluemountain

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:23:32 AM

To be clear I am not defending his behavior from a business standpoint. I am saying that he still deserves to be treated with respect.

He has lied so many times his word means nothing.  I can't respect someone like that.  Sorry new guy, but I'll have to disagree with you.
That is fair enough. I think that everyone deserves some level of respect, but I can agree to disagree
mailmansDOGE

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:45:03 AM

I'd really like to see a mod commenting on this, because I highly doubt that a user posting an article on a public forum is considered as copyright theft. Can we actually get banned here for quoting an article?
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 04:47:15 AM

I'd really like to see a mod commenting on this, because I highly doubt that a user posting an article on a public forum is considered as copyright theft. Can we actually get banned here for quoting an article?

No.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
mailmansDOGE

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:02:58 AM

Thanks. That's a relief.  Smiley
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1073

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:29:43 AM

but might get you in trouble if people think you are using bots.

Don't know about copyright issues too.

bluemountain

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:34:27 AM

It should be more then obvious if you are using a bot to post. Also using a bot in itself it not necessarily a problem as long as the content posted is useful.

For example ChartBuddy automatically posts a graphic of the price and market depth of bitcoin; and Actor_Tom_Truong posts many articles that may be of interest to people in the politics/society section (although I am not 100% sure this is automated)
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 05:44:47 AM

Dank posted four garbage posts in a row - consisting of copyright theft on all four - stealing the entire article without care for the author's income.  He could have been botting I guess.  I reported each post as "Copyright theft" and a short description of why it was illegal.  Dank then stopped posting.  I assumed it was because of my reports, but I guess I was wrong.   Undecided

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:07:37 AM

Maybe dank could write this banning event in his eagerly awaited book; "Dank, my tales of persecution." Cheesy

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:22:16 AM

The underlying reason for your ban was because of your greed.

Greed for attention.

You will never experience the ecstasy of true ego death at this rate, not while trapped in your endless cycle of greed.

This is blatant horseshit.

Awaiting response from moderator or admin.  Who banned me anyways?

Denial just confirms your delusions.
Fight your greed dank, then perhaps one day you can experience ego death.

bl4kjaguar

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 08:28:32 AM

In my opinion, there is little wisdom in pointing out the splinter in your brother's eye instead of giving careful attention to the beam in your own.

1CuUwTT21yZmZvNmmYYhsiVocczmAomSVa
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 09:00:46 AM

He'll need to buy his soul back before he can do that.  I experience ego death often, and I've never seen him there.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:35:03 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 09:50:54 AM by Buffer Overflow

In my opinion, there is little wisdom in pointing out the splinter in your brother's eye instead of giving careful attention to the beam in your own.
Well I thought I was very greedy when I started here (hence my avatar), until I meant dank, now I realise how overestimated I was. Dank's on a level I never thought existed. I think it's a little bigger than a just a tiny splinter.
I'm not going to change my avatar as it's what I'm know by on here and gets recognised.

He'll need to buy his soul back before he can do that.  I experience ego death often, and I've never seen him there.
Yes he gave away his soul, but what I think has happened is a demon has entered the void left by his missing soul. The only way out is to buy back his soul, in other words, pay back his debt.
I don't think dank is a bad person, but he is now under control of the demon. This would explain the daemon telling him not to get a job, it will do everything in its power to trick dank into not doing so.

Wow, I thought I had problems.  Shocked

bl4kjaguar

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 09:39:23 AM

Dank's on a level I never thought existed. I think it's a little bigger than a just a tiny splinter.

It is all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

Don't miss the forest for the trees.

1CuUwTT21yZmZvNmmYYhsiVocczmAomSVa
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:31:39 AM

This is blatant horseshit.

Awaiting response from moderator or admin.  Who banned me anyways?
Mods will very rarely comment on the specifics of why you were banned and even more rarely will advise as to who issued the ban to prevent harassment from people that they banned.

I think if you want an answer then you should act as diplomatically as possible to show that you will not harass him once he reveals his "identity"

It is not in my nature to harass people, my nature is to forgive.  I just want to be respected as the equal human being I am.

Anonymous bans with no communication from the parties involved is highly reminiscent of oligarchies.  This community is just validating the idea of the community and bitcoin currency being managed by a small few with copious amounts of bitcoin.

And the pattern repeats.  Greed taints the mind.  Let us not walk down the same path as we have countless times through history to no avail.

I would just like to be given a response so I know which parameters I broke so I wont do it again.

The fact that the only notification I was given from another member was a one-way private message from vod does not sit well with me, considering the threads were deleted after two minutes and he somehow has the knowledge to claim I was banned for copyright infringements.  Which is a bogus claim regardless.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 11:37:17 AM

It is not in my nature to harass people, my nature is to forgive.  I just want to be respected as the equal human being I am.

You are not an equal human being.

You are a thief and you are a liar.  You have no soul.  It is disrespectful for you to call that equal to real men.

dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:50:56 AM

Every time you say this, I ask you to point to one lie.

And each time you take a statement and viciously twist and dement the words then completely disregard my response which nullifies your weak skew of a lie.

This is history repeating.  Einstein may call such insanity.

Your posts lack substance vod.  I could post 100 peer reviewed medical studies on the benefits of cannabis and psychedelics and your response would be within the context of "you're a scammer" or god knows what.  Ffs, you tried calling me a pedophile, like wtf?  That's stepping over the boundary sir.

Try to speak of something a little more intelligent than attacking with labels and judgments.  That's what kids do in elementary school.  Calling names is just a clear indication you lost the debate.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: