Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:39:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GMP][X13] Gimpcoin | PoW completed | PoS 50% | C-cex | All-in-one Wallet  (Read 83612 times)
hardroad

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

█ If you want logo pm me █

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:07:55 AM

bittrex or not .... if the word Gimp is offensive to some some people i think that should change for the cause of coin spreading

i would suggest getting a name that Start with G too so its not that hard to change pictures in OP ...

my suggestions is GO Coin .. with a ticker GO

Good idea @kahir I can change the logo is so easy

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chetatkins

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:11:23 AM

Gimp is a general slang term with all sorts of meanings derogatory and otherwise in many parts of the world. There may be some dark corner of Minneapolis where people in wheelchairs are referred to as gimps but it seems a bit parochial to ban the coin because of this! But it's not a great name anyway so changing it might be a good idea.

anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:32:45 AM

Bittrex had no problem adding CRACK... Lol
Good stance.. Crack is much better than meth?

LSD, DOPE etc etc

Bittrex' standards seem arbitrary.

I think the METH analogy isn't quite accurate in this case.  Gimp is a derogatory term for a disabled person.  While we like joke coins and freedom of speech, this could be considered derogatory and we've decided to draw the line on it.  

In regards to METH, this was a personal favor I asked from the other members of Bittrex to not list.  I've personally had friends go through terrible struggles due to the drug and decided to not have it listed even as a joke.  

I apologize if our standards seem arbitrary.  Our stance is to reject very few coins from our exchange.  Most coins don't make it because we don't have time to list them all.  In the few cases we've recently chosen to not list, it came down to a few areas.  1) potential unlicensed securities 2) coins whose purpose are to redeem drugs that are considered illegal in the united states 3) and in this most recent example, derogatory terms.  

What analogy?

I'm talking about how you figure meth is worse than crack.
Regardless of your personal experiences, what kind of message are you sending the public by stating that you don't add offensive coins, yet you add offensive coins anyway.

You just dilute your credibility.
I hear a lot of excuses, none of which really make a lot of sense.

Same thing goes for Euph.

Your actions suggest cann/dope is less trouble than research chems, yet marijuana is considered illegal by the federal government in the USA.

I find your logic hard to grasp.

I did not come on here to debate what is offensive or not; I'm clarifying our position on why we are not listing.  I am also not here to debate our stance on drug related coins.  I appreciate your opinion but we have legal counsel to advise us on those matters.  I came on to address this silliness that we are trying to get any fee from any coin.  We have never asked for fees for listing, and out of the 500+ wallets we've launched less than 5% have paid to be listed.

richie

You guys sound like politicians.
I appreciate the effort you put into dodging my questions.

twitter @antiiclimax
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:59:38 AM

May I suggest a name change to "Gipper Coin"?

Win one for the Gipper!
YAdaminer

Activity: 829

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:08:46 AM

We have never asked for fees for listing, and out of the 500+ wallets we've launched less than 5% have paid to be listed.

richie

In the same sentence you have, "we have never asked for fees" and "less than 5% have paid".
Never mind, it's not first time I saw your strange rules for coin addition.
Obvious scams are ok while fictional offense is not.
You made your point.
GL
YAdaminer

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:13:44 AM

bittrex or not .... if the word Gimp is offensive to some some people i think that should change for the cause of coin spreading

i would suggest getting a name that Start with G too so its not that hard to change pictures in OP ...

+1
magaura
Legendary

Activity: 1029

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 01:16:00 PM

GO coin cool .. Grin

liujiaren

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 02:56:43 PM

I think it is no necessary to change that name !Do not ingratiate with the people who dont like you!
chetatkins

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:22:35 PM

Apparently nobody told the braid manufacturers of Bittrex Bill's concerns: http://www.doveoriginalstrims.com/Fabric-Trim-Types/Gimp-Braid/
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 11:35:32 PM

I think it is no necessary to change that name !Do not ingratiate with the people who dont like you!

the reason i suggest name change is that its better to for mainstream .... as a offensive word would not be that good for coin ...especially if its for disabled persons
CTRLX

Activity: 910
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 07:05:33 AM

RIP GIMP sorry to say this but with Bittrex out of the equation times will be very hard. We need more exchanges to mitigate Bittrex' monopoly position.
YAdaminer

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 01:47:01 PM

RIP GIMP sorry to say this but with Bittrex out of the equation times will be very hard. We need more exchanges to mitigate Bittrex' monopoly position.

I know to many coins that died very fast after hitting Bittrex, so this 'bittrex situation' actually could be good thing.

Mpare

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 03:31:40 PM

I know to many coins that died very fast after hitting Bittrex, so this 'bittrex situation' actually could be good thing.

Exactly. Who needs Bittrex? Steady growth and development along with decent volume and interest are the best things for every coin. Noone needs a pump and dump exchange, especially at the beginning.
zugvogel21

Activity: 995
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 09:16:43 PM

Hi dev are you still around??? It would be nice to have an update from you and to see that you are still here working on this coin.

what ever you do do not give up I still support your coin and i have not dumped my bag. I know good days will come again.

If you like PM or how ever. SOme contact would just be nice though.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
rhkazani1

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 10:25:43 PM

Hi dev are you still around??? It would be nice to have an update from you and to see that you are still here working on this coin.

what ever you do do not give up I still support your coin and i have not dumped my bag. I know good days will come again.

If you like PM or how ever. SOme contact would just be nice though.

Did you hear back from the dev?
GimpcoinDev (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 11:31:57 PM

People of course im here.. I have some problems with my wife's health..I explained it some posts above.. please understand my situation.. gimpcoin is a priority, but after my wife..

I'll be back as soon as my situation in Real Life allow me to come back

Sorry, be patient

Cheers
GimpcoinDev (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 11:35:14 PM

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gimp

'' (1) a derrogatory term for someone that is disabled or has a medicial problem that results in physical impairment.

(2) An insult implying that someone is incompetent, stupid, etc. Can also be used to imply that the person is uncool or can't/won't do what everyone else is doing.

(3) A sex slave or submissive, usually male, as popularlized by the movie Pulp Fiction.
Look at that gimp in the wheelchair

Dude, quit being a gimp and take a hit!

Bring out the gimp! ''

..and 20 Words Related to gimp don't look positive Lips sealed

Well.. even if gimp can be a little offensive to some people.. bittrex has listed coins with worse than gimp or with bad purpose behind, that is even worst imho..

Anyway..gimp will have a Life without bittrex

Cheers
incognitoworker

Activity: 736

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 11:37:48 PM

People of course im here.. I have some problems with my wife's health..I explained it some posts above.. please understand my situation.. gimpcoin is a priority, but after my wife..

Sorry, be patient

Cheers
family always goes first.
Thank you for updating.
Happy staking!

Quotient- Closed loop economy enviroment experiment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195335.0
kosaet
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 02:10:31 AM

Sorry, be patient

Cheers

Hi mate, dont worry, come when all is ok with your wife. Cheers and wish you all best !!
rnameltc

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 08:12:28 AM

Dev, wish you fast recovery for your wife. We are here and waiting for your acts after that Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: