Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:44:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi didnt give us bitcoin to make a bunch of nerds rich.  (Read 2776 times)
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 11:07:43 AM

He made Bitcoin so you could escape enslavement by the financial system. Satoshi gave you life, he gave you the power to control your destiny!

It's easy to lose sight of the real purpose of Bitcoin during these bearish times. I felt the need to give that reminder.

i assume satoshi wanted his invention to get adopted large scale. this can only happen if 1) coins get distributed far and well and 2) coins must be able to absorb a huge market cap in order to be used widely. current btc must get WAY more valuable to reach those goals. as a side effect, earlier adopters profit a lot. it is a reward for having the guts to step in early. i don´t think satoshi minds btc users getting rich.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 11:10:10 AM

He made Bitcoin so you could escape enslavement by the financial system. Satoshi gave you life, he gave you the power to control your destiny!

It's easy to lose sight of the real purpose of Bitcoin during these bearish times. I felt the need to give that reminder.

i assume satoshi wanted his invention to get adopted large scale. this can only happen if 1) coins get distributed far and well and 2) coins must be able to absorb a huge market cap in order to be used widely. current btc must get WAY more valuable to reach those goals. as a side effect, earlier adopters profit a lot. it is a reward for having the guts to step in early. i don´t think satoshi minds btc users getting rich.

Yes, I think the same but I don't think the "speculators" will be happy ,because more people have bitcoin and more the price of it will drop. I think my thought is right , or am I wrong?

bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 12:02:34 PM

People are already reach, morale talks won't change it.

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 05:30:14 PM

Yes, I think the same but I don't think the "speculators" will be happy ,because more people have bitcoin and more the price of it will drop. I think my thought is right , or am I wrong?

Correct, you are wrong. The top 100 and 500 addresses are growing. This means the available supply gets smaller which means the price is higher than it would be if they didn't increase their stash. I only have low double digits myself, but that's plenty to increase my stash over time. The more people do this, the less distributed the coins will be, the higher the price will go. And it appears that most people don't know this so it won't even be a psychological obstacle.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Atdhe

Activity: 326

Atdhe Nuhiu

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 05:49:43 PM

Correct, you are wrong. The top 100 and 500 addresses are growing. This means the available supply gets smaller which means the price is higher than it would be if they didn't increase their stash. I only have low double digits myself, but that's plenty to increase my stash over time. The more people do this, the less distributed the coins will be, the higher the price will go. And it appears that most people don't know this so it won't even be a psychological obstacle.

Finally someone with brain here!

It is interesting that those top addresses grow. I fill one address and then move to another. I would guess most people do the same as me. Therefore  BTC ownership might be even more concentrated than it seems. Gini coeficient in BTC world will be much more crazy than in real world.

Everyone should remember for his own good: money that do not touch the market are like nonexistent. That is btw the only reason why we do not see hyperinflation in real world with fiat money. They are printed, but do not go to real economy, so prices can even decline.
pattu1

Activity: 675
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 04:34:20 PM

Finally someone with brain here!

It is interesting that those top addresses grow. I fill one address and then move to another. I would guess most people do the same as me. Therefore  BTC ownership might be even more concentrated than it seems. Gini coeficient in BTC world will be much more crazy than in real world.

Everyone should remember for his own good: money that do not touch the market are like nonexistent. That is btw the only reason why we do not see hyperinflation in real world with fiat money. They are printed, but do not go to real economy, so prices can even decline.

I guess you should remove Satoshi from the equation before you look at the Gini coefficient.
Inequality is definitely higher in the real world.
Atdhe

Atdhe Nuhiu

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 07:13:43 AM

99.99% of people own 0.00000000 BTC

Sorry I wrote
Gini coeficient in BTC world will be much more crazy than in real world.
where I missed word "recent". -> Gini coeficient in BTC world will be much more crazy than in recent real world.

If BTC becomes a world currency (and I am betting on the high odds that it will), the BTC monetary system (with even bigger holes in collecting taxes) will encourage even higher concentration of capital + there will be always the group of... aehm... us, who will not need to workand our descendants as well.

I do not see any reason why the BTC should be more democratic, equal etc. The idea that everyone will mine for himself is gone. What is left is idea of unregulated capitalism with unregulated currency. God with everyone.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 07:16:45 AM

Sorry I wrote
where I missed word "recent". -> Gini coeficient in BTC world will be much more crazy than in recent real world.

If BTC becomes a world currency (and I am betting on the high odds that it will), the BTC monetary system (with even bigger holes in collecting taxes) will encourage even higher concentration of capital + there will be always the group of... aehm... us, who will not need to workand our descendants as well.

I do not see any reason why the BTC should be more democratic, equal etc. The idea that everyone will mine for himself is gone. What is left is idea of unregulated capitalism with unregulated currency. God with everyone.

At the end all we know : bitcoin was not created to overcome poverty , it was created to reappropriate the private property of the money.
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 07:25:32 AM

i agree

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Atdhe

Atdhe Nuhiu

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 07:47:12 AM

Sorry I wrote

At the end all we know : bitcoin was not created to overcome poverty , it was created to reappropriate the private property of the money.
Yes. Leftists will scream again about stolen revolution. Conspiration lovers will talk about Bilderberg. Rightwingers will desperately try to make 1 Satoshi during whole life to get higher on social pyramid.

Life as usual.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 02:34:15 PM

I run a business that deals mostly in the internet, so most of my money gets middle manned by paypal and other payment processors. At the moment about 20percent of my users pay in btc, so i can easily see a future in which all online payments are conducted in bitcoin. I can understand why you cant see the potential of bitcoin if you dont conduct business on the internet.

I bet by using btc you saved a lot on the fees. Coupled of years back around 2012 when i was accepting large payment for sale of items i should have thought of using btc. But then can't blame myself cause btc infrastructure during then wasn't as good as today.

Daanie

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:49:43 PM

Oh really? Well he didn't make this nerd rich  Embarrassed

JimDowJones (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:56:13 PM

At least youre still rich in opportunity. Just hang in there, save all of your value in btc and you will be rewarded greatly.
JimDowJones (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 06:04:33 PM

Maybe satoshi thought it would be funny to make a bunch of nerds rich. Regardless, We have all the opportunity in the world right now.

Johnston's law says, "If it can be decentralized, it will."

That means everything. That means we have the power to be whatever we want. If you wanna be a politician, start designing voting protocols. If you wanna run a hedge fund and play the global markets, start learning trading bot programming. If you wanna be an economic policy framer, start designing coin distribution protocols. Bitcoin was just the proof of concept, "if it can be decentralized, it will."

You have 2-5 years to choose your fate.
Daanie

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 06:36:38 PM

At least youre still rich in opportunity. Just hang in there, save all of your value in btc and you will be rewarded greatly.

I'll do my best, every satoshi counts

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 06:39:19 PM

Or maybe he did? How would we know?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
JimDowJones (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 06:41:33 PM

This is the post snowden web, if you have vision, follow it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: